Journey Found Employee Reviews

They don’t care about the clients
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 9, 2018
The job sucks , the pay is terrible and the things you have to deal with in some houses is unreal , management is terrible and the pay is even worse $12.75 is so not worth the struggle . The scheduling is terrible and house manager never wants to come in , so your constantly mandated if someone doesn’t show up for there shift .
Cons
Pay, management, clients are abusive and disrespectful
serving the disabled is rewarding
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Niantic, CTSeptember 6, 2018
serving the disabled is a very rewarding feeling. to be able to help those who can't help themselves really make you feel like you are not only helping those you serve but your community as well.
Pros
rewarding feeling
Cons
not the best pay
work life balance
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 22, 2018
Supervising employees while maintaining the health and wellness of the people we work for. Time management and no advancement is the hardest part about working there.
Positive environment and good management
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 25, 2018
I have been with this company for 7 months and have not one issue or complaint to make. I am there once a week and I enjoy what I do and who I work with.
runnnn dont work here!!!!!!!!
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 13, 2018
the most unprofessional agency I ever worked for. The clients needs more love and caring people to be in their lives. The ones that works for Journey Found is only in for a paycheck. I wouldn't advise anyone to work here. Very sad
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Worst job EVER
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTApril 13, 2018
Never, ever worked in such a toxic environment. Zero compassion for the clientele served. Manag3ment passes over qualified individuals for fear of being 'found out'.
I wouldn't want anyone I care about to receive services from this 'agency'!!!
Immoral company
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMarch 20, 2018
Employees are abusive to disabled clients and staff. Employees steal and use company credit card for personal use. Employees use illegal substances on the job. Management abuses authority. Employees not protected and unsafe environment.
Pros
pay is decent but not enough for the negative that you put up with
Cons
No breaks, abusive clients and staff
Good place to work depending on where you are placed
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTFebruary 6, 2018
Journey Found has a good message and excellent people who work for them but also the environment depends on the house (if direct support) you are put in.
Staff Treated Unfairly Hostile Work Environment
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTDecember 1, 2017
Hostile Work Environments Mistreated Individuals Mistreated Staff Seniority Wins New Comers Lose Falsifying Documents They Will Frame You if You Don't Keep Track Of What's Going On
Pros
Individuals And Paychecks
Cons
Some Clinicians And Some Managers Only Care For Themselves
Can't rely on company to have your back vs. 1 person's say-so.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 19, 2017
Unfortunately, the new PC at the home at which I worked had two ways of doing things. Their way, and the wrong way. Despite lack of experience, this person functioned too much as an expert, and not nearly enough as a team captain. JF needs to be much more careful with their management hires.
Poor environment and work practices
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 12, 2017
There is no compassion for the clients that are in need of care. Management is pushy and self absorbed. There is seemingly no protection for the workers and even less for the clients. The company does not take the needs of its employees seriously nor seem to be concerned for their safety. I would never recommend this company for a job or a disabled person to be housed by them.
Pros
Paycheck was decent. I learned what I do not want in an employer.
Cons
Lowers your moral, and how you feel as an adequate worker. Draining.
This agency is not Nurse friendly
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 10, 2017
This agency has an extremely high nurse turnover rate and the problem is the culture. The chief operating officers do not understand the importance of the nurse;s role in the agency and have lost many a good nurse due to their lack of respect for the nurse.
Pros
Direct care staff, program managers and the people JF serves are wonderful
Cons
The COO and CEO are not easy to work with
The individuals served are motivated when given the help they deserve.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 1, 2017
I enjoyed working with every individual served while there, and they loved the structure and calmness I brought to their homes.i enhanced my computer skills while there.
Pros
Dine out Thursdays
Cons
Sometimes lack team work
Racist Unprofessional Employer
Direct Care (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTAugust 4, 2017
Has multiple open discrimination cases due to racial profiling plus policies are only back by words and will be terminated upon following policy. Document everything for personal files will have to verify and argue semantics.
Cons
Policies absolute lies....not people first
Great Care Job
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTApril 26, 2017
This is an awesome job if you like caring for others. In my opinion its a job that you will never stop learning new things from. No matter what group home you work in. The company is a great company to work for. Usually give time off when needed without any questions asked.
Great company started by families for families
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CT 06040March 23, 2017
Great nonprofit to work for, they are committed to the people they support, are Person Centered with their people supported and employees, have a generous time off policy, and are committed to the training and development of their staff.
Pros
generous time off, great organizational culture
Cons
health benefits are costly, but offset by time off, advancement opportunites, training/development, tuition reinbersment
Journey Found provide a safe place for People with Disabilities
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTOctober 20, 2016
At work we strive to give the individuals that we serve the opportunity of making their own choices to enrich their daily living.

Working at Journey Found, I have learnt the art of patience when dealing with individuals with special needs.

The management provides support for staff, so that they can give the best care to individuals with special needs.

My co-worker at my facility are the best at working together and working as one unity for the greater good of the individuals that we serve.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the individuals with disabilities and time management.

The best part of my job is when I see an individual or individuals smile and I know that I played a part in putting that smile on that person/s face.
minimal support for nursing
Healthcare coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTDecember 4, 2015
Direct care did not always follow nursing direction and was supported by management. Management did not address nursing concerns in a timely manner, if at all.
Laid back job - not very exciting
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 12, 2015
The company does not provide plenty of opportunities for Accounting, Finance, Marketing and other professionals. By its nature, the company has more opportunities for Administrative and direct care professionals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Journey Found. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4