Journeycare Employee Reviews

Very horrible company to work for!! Please don’t apply!
RN Liaison (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2018
After being with the company for a year,
I’ve had 3 different managers. Although the job is supposed to be autonomous, you are micromanaged from every degree from them secretly placing the location finder on your cell phone to track you. Upper management is full of the “mean girls” attitude wise. And there has been numerous of upper management that have either quit, or been forced out of their position. This was the worse mistake of my life working for them! Stay away at all costs!
Pros
Cons
Horrible company overall!
Very into the analytics, rather than the human side of human resources
Talent Acquisition Partner (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 3, 2018
The clinical staff is very dedicated and does wonderful work. HR was micro-managed, The VP pf HR did not believe in life/work balance.. The offices were beautiful with great landscaping and outdoor space.

They did not make the best use of technology.
Pros
Beautiful offices
Cons
micro cmanagement
Review
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 6, 2018
I pulled up many EOBs for the company.The company was starting from a deficit, but I believe that they will overcome these issues and thrive to be a productive company.
Wonderful family type culture, all working towards the same goal
In-Take/Admission's coordinator/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILJune 30, 2018
Completely focused on patient care, went home knowing i helped someone that day. The team all worked towards what was best for the patient regardless of the cost. Sometimes the day was very hard because we were dealing with death of a loved one. Management gives a lot of support when you are first starting out.
Pros
You accumulate a LOT of PTO
Cons
work life balance is poor, but it is healthcare!
hospice nurse
Hospice RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILJune 21, 2018
you are expected to see at least 5 patients a day. your day may start as early as 7-8 am but can end as late as 8:00pm if you still need to chart. oncall is only every 4 weeks but is overnight till 8:00am
Pros
pay
Cons
oncall schedue
Productive and fun place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 20, 2018
Everyone is very inviting and friendly. There is a team oriented atmosphere and everyone helps each other. Management works one on one with the staff on improvements. Definitely a great company to work for.
Great company to work for, Strong ACCESS leadership
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMarch 20, 2018
Thoroughly enjoy working for JourneyCare. Management is responsive to feedback from nurses and staff is encouraged to be empowered and proud of the company they work for. The only critique I would give if any, is that management/human resources must learn to step outside of their role and be objective regarding problem solving and conflict resolution.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Management Support
Cons
Commuting, Recently merged with previous hospice organizations and are still ironing out some kinks
Excellent place to work!
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2018
Great mission and supportive leadership.

I loved my time at JourneyCare and learned a lot. Leadership truly knows what’s happening in the organization.
Pros
Flexibility, compensation and the people
Cons
Working on processes. In a great place.
No work/life balance
ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE PRACTITIONER (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILFebruary 13, 2018
The amount of drive time and charting does not allow for work/life balance. Often working through lunch and into the evening. They do offer many educational opportunities to attend however the training into the position in unorganized and if you are new to the role you struggle. The company states support is offered which is also limited.
Pros
Education
Cons
Drive time/work life balance
great place to work
collections/insurance verifications (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILFebruary 9, 2018
loved working for this company. friendly people everyone worked as a team dealing with families of very sick adults and children dealing with insurance companies to get auths for service.
Journeycare
Hospice Nurse Liaison (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILFebruary 1, 2018
Overall a good place to work
If you do your job, management will not micromanage you, but their referral coordinators may send you all over the place to see their patients.
Pros
generous PTO program
Cons
alot of driving as a float nurse liaison
Support of the patient and the family
C N A (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILNovember 27, 2017
I have learned alot since I began at JourneyCare Hospice. There is no typical day. My job changes every day. I started as crisis care CNA but I now work in the units and out in the field as needed. The company supported me when I had to take the CHPNA. I work well with most of my co-workers. My most enjoyable part of the job is giving support to the family's. the hardest part is not getting to know the patients. I forever great for all that I have learned in the 4 years at JourneyCare.
Pros
Knowing that I am giving the best care. I have grown from my experience
Cons
the demands of the job are becoming more stressfull.
Busy
BILLING SPECIALIST AND ACCOUNTING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Glenview, IllinoisSeptember 24, 2017
-A typical day was very busy without much down-time to complete other tasks like goals.
-There was very little training but some very resourceful coworkers to help with questions.
-Hardest part of the job was leaving when they eliminated my position.

-Although the days were stressful and some of the employees were not very welcoming, I did like my job and coming to work everyday. I drove 1hour and 45 minutes daily without complaint.
Case Management
RN assesses patients and their needs (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Loved my job. Very satisfying providing care for patients with end stage disease. Providing comfort care, teaching to patients and family members, loved ones.
it was a friendly environment with many nice and helpful people
IPCU volunteer (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILJuly 20, 2017
I did not too much work for this organization. This was a part time volunteering activity I chose to partake in. I learned a lot when I worked In the Inpatient Care Unit.
Pros
They work around your schedule and you choose when you want to come in and volunteer
Cons
Doesn't keep you motivated enough to keep coming back and doing more work
company that lets go of good employees
Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILJuly 17, 2017
I am a former employee who said they were getting rid of my position after 4 years with the company only to sign a severance package to find out a few days later they posed my job again with a few changes in the title too many new employees with out the job experience for there position
Pros
great benifits
Cons
getting rid of great employees to bring in no experience
Management heavy
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILJune 21, 2017
Poor communication between all employees. Very few managers that are exceptional, but even when there is extremely poorly skilled managers, they still keep them while the employees suffer. Because of this, more employees are leaving, which is causing patient care to suffer.
Salaru depends on Experience. Mileage paid also
CNA (Current Employee) –  Barrington, IllinoisJune 17, 2017
Journeycare does allow a very nice work/home balance. It is nice to be out all day. Management works with you on days off. You get a lot of vacation time.
Pros
Mileage paid
Cons
Putting miles on your car
Most rewarding job ever
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2017
I have been a nurse for over 30 yrs and this is the only place I have worked where I really feel at home. I make such a difference in patient and families lives helping deal with end of life gracefully. I love my team and can see that me manager cares for me.
Pros
We are treated with respect ..recognized
Cons
It's hospice so you have to have a reason to want to work here..so not for everyone
hostile takeover by journeycare = terrible work environment
Clinician (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 14, 2017
Journeycare's hostile takeover of horizon and midwest carecenter hospices has been for the worst. Field staff have terribly high caseloads that rival those of for profit hospice providers. Morale is very low, managers spend their days crunching numbers, squeezing more work out of staff, and arrogantly disregarding the pleas of staff to improve working conditions. Nurses are dumped on the most. They work two weekend days each month, plus do on-call. They are expected to do 25 patient visits a week, and to make the visits short regardless of patient need. Chaplains and social workers have caseloads of 45 patients or more. There is only spotty supervision of staff, so some manage to get away with years of poor performance. Managers often have little or no clinical experience, and put their own welfare above their staff and patients.
Pros
salaries are decent
Cons
benefits are expensive and limited; managers are arrogant and selfish

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Journeycare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about