Journeycare Employee Reviews

Review
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 6, 2018
I pulled up many EOBs for the company.The company was starting from a deficit, but I believe that they will overcome these issues and thrive to be a productive company.
Productive and fun place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 20, 2018
Everyone is very inviting and friendly. There is a team oriented atmosphere and everyone helps each other. Management works one on one with the staff on improvements. Definitely a great company to work for.
Great company to work for, Strong ACCESS leadership
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMarch 20, 2018
Thoroughly enjoy working for JourneyCare. Management is responsive to feedback from nurses and staff is encouraged to be empowered and proud of the company they work for. The only critique I would give if any, is that management/human resources must learn to step outside of their role and be objective regarding problem solving and conflict resolution.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Management Support
Cons
Commuting, Recently merged with previous hospice organizations and are still ironing out some kinks
Excellent place to work!
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2018
Great mission and supportive leadership.

I loved my time at JourneyCare and learned a lot. Leadership truly knows what’s happening in the organization.
Pros
Flexibility, compensation and the people
Cons
Working on processes. In a great place.
No work/life balance
ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE PRACTITIONER (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILFebruary 13, 2018
The amount of drive time and charting does not allow for work/life balance. Often working through lunch and into the evening. They do offer many educational opportunities to attend however the training into the position in unorganized and if you are new to the role you struggle. The company states support is offered which is also limited.
Pros
Education
Cons
Drive time/work life balance
great place to work
collections/insurance verifications (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILFebruary 9, 2018
loved working for this company. friendly people everyone worked as a team dealing with families of very sick adults and children dealing with insurance companies to get auths for service.
Journeycare
Hospice Nurse Liaison (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILFebruary 1, 2018
Overall a good place to work
If you do your job, management will not micromanage you, but their referral coordinators may send you all over the place to see their patients.
Pros
generous PTO program
Cons
alot of driving as a float nurse liaison
Support of the patient and the family
C N A (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILNovember 27, 2017
I have learned alot since I began at JourneyCare Hospice. There is no typical day. My job changes every day. I started as crisis care CNA but I now work in the units and out in the field as needed. The company supported me when I had to take the CHPNA. I work well with most of my co-workers. My most enjoyable part of the job is giving support to the family's. the hardest part is not getting to know the patients. I forever great for all that I have learned in the 4 years at JourneyCare.
Pros
Knowing that I am giving the best care. I have grown from my experience
Cons
the demands of the job are becoming more stressfull.
Busy
BILLING SPECIALIST AND ACCOUNTING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Glenview, IllinoisSeptember 24, 2017
-A typical day was very busy without much down-time to complete other tasks like goals.
-There was very little training but some very resourceful coworkers to help with questions.
-Hardest part of the job was leaving when they eliminated my position.

-Although the days were stressful and some of the employees were not very welcoming, I did like my job and coming to work everyday. I drove 1hour and 45 minutes daily without complaint.
Case Management
RN assesses patients and their needs (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Loved my job. Very satisfying providing care for patients with end stage disease. Providing comfort care, teaching to patients and family members, loved ones.
it was a friendly environment with many nice and helpful people
IPCU volunteer (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILJuly 20, 2017
I did not too much work for this organization. This was a part time volunteering activity I chose to partake in. I learned a lot when I worked In the Inpatient Care Unit.
Pros
They work around your schedule and you choose when you want to come in and volunteer
Cons
Doesn't keep you motivated enough to keep coming back and doing more work
company that lets go of good employees
Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILJuly 17, 2017
I am a former employee who said they were getting rid of my position after 4 years with the company only to sign a severance package to find out a few days later they posed my job again with a few changes in the title too many new employees with out the job experience for there position
Pros
great benifits
Cons
getting rid of great employees to bring in no experience
Salaru depends on Experience. Mileage paid also
CNA (Current Employee) –  Barrington, IllinoisJune 17, 2017
Journeycare does allow a very nice work/home balance. It is nice to be out all day. Management works with you on days off. You get a lot of vacation time.
Pros
Mileage paid
Cons
Putting miles on your car
Most rewarding job ever
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2017
I have been a nurse for over 30 yrs and this is the only place I have worked where I really feel at home. I make such a difference in patient and families lives helping deal with end of life gracefully. I love my team and can see that me manager cares for me.
Pros
We are treated with respect ..recognized
Cons
It's hospice so you have to have a reason to want to work here..so not for everyone
hostile takeover by journeycare = terrible work environment
Clinician (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 14, 2017
Journeycare's hostile takeover of horizon and midwest carecenter hospices has been for the worst. Field staff have terribly high caseloads that rival those of for profit hospice providers. Morale is very low, managers spend their days crunching numbers, squeezing more work out of staff, and arrogantly disregarding the pleas of staff to improve working conditions. Nurses are dumped on the most. They work two weekend days each month, plus do on-call. They are expected to do 25 patient visits a week, and to make the visits short regardless of patient need. Chaplains and social workers have caseloads of 45 patients or more. There is only spotty supervision of staff, so some manage to get away with years of poor performance. Managers often have little or no clinical experience, and put their own welfare above their staff and patients.
Pros
salaries are decent
Cons
benefits are expensive and limited; managers are arrogant and selfish
Large Company- Still going through growing pains due to merger of 3 very different hospice companies
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Olympia Fields, ILMay 8, 2017
Make home visits to patients and their families. Complete Advance Directives. Provide end of life support. Help complete funeral plans. Link to community resources. Arrange respite stays in SNF. Communicate to team members. Atttend IDT weekly.

Company's management has invested in providing the most up to date electronic devices such as cell phone, mobile portal for patient info, SNF portal about facilities, and All Scripts as the EMR.

Workplace culture is evolving as the three companies continue to merge. A lot of emphasis is put on customer and facility satisfaction. As a result, good patient care can be compromised at times.

Hardest part of the job was pleasing all the competing demands of the corporate culture.

Most enjoyable part of the job was caring for the patients and supporting their families. Helping them cope with the unimaginable. Also, working with an excellent team consisting of nurses and a chaplain who were truly caring individuals and stellar professionals.
Challenging work for nurse seeking palliative or end of life care
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILApril 13, 2017
Fast paced environment with a variety of patients and environments requiring critical thinking, assessment with clinical interventions working with patients, families and health care providers.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
On call and weekend hours
Horrible Decline
Hospice RN (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2017
What was once a great company to work with is now a safety hazard. Lack of supplies, overworked staff, managers that are more interested in the bottom dollar. Management will risk staff and patient safety so they can meet their quota. Staff and patients are great to work with but that is the only positive. Benefits are horrible. Employee turn over is extremely high.
Pros
staff and patients
Cons
everything else
The culture is not healthy.
Admissions Nurse (Current Employee) –  Northwestern ILMarch 19, 2017
The culture of JC has changed. When I started I told many that it was the best place I had ever worked because JC cared about employees. No longer so. JC merged with 2 other hospice companies over a year ago and everything has changed.
Quality of patient care has diminished
Skilled nurse (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILMarch 16, 2017
Terrible staffing, too much management staff and not enough skilled nursing staff, not enough diversity, no appreciation for staff members, since merging with two bankrupt hospice companies the census has gone down and it continues to drop due to the poor quality of patient care and lack of nursing staff.
Pros
Cons
all of the above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Journeycare. Our community is ready to answer.