JourneyPure Employee Reviews

AMAZING CULTURE if you're willing to be flexible
Finance (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 27, 2019
JourneyPure is an amazing company! Every since I walked in the door, I've felt welcomed and encouraged.

They're still relatively new, so there are some growing pains, but everyone is so eager and invested in working out the kinks. But even the kinks are small.

It's wonderful to be able to help the patients we serve. I think that you have to have meaning in what you do to WANT to come to work and there is an abundance of meaning in what we do!

The pay is competitive for this area. It's easy to attract talent with our compensation.

Leadership is very invested in my growth and happiness...I've never felt more supported by a manager!
Pros
Culture, environment, support, invested in improvement of me and the company
Cons
Some old habits to break, small work spaces
Looking for a way to diminish your self worth? Work here.
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 19, 2019
When first approached about becoming a recovery coach and helping addicts find recovery, I was elated. I dove head in to a world that I hoped would be fulfilling. What I found was a disjointed, uncaring and cut throat company. The management is absolutely horrible. It’s like giving a two year old the keys to a car and going on a cross country trip to H-E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS.. Not once, but twice was I “laid off.” I hadn’t even worked there a month before me and a slew of dedicated employees were laid off. Then, on that same day was offered to work as an “as needed” worker. I had already quit my previous job and found that this was my only option to keep afloat. A couple months later I was offered a new full time position, only to find that my boss “laid” me off due to “budget cuts again. My boss btw was implorable. No people skills. Rude. Offensive. Yet, got rid of me when I stood up for myself. Two days after my SECOND “layoff,” my boss was admitted to rehab for drug use. Great, glad he was making decisions... It’s the sad truth about this place, putting people on power who have no idea how to manage themselves let alone a company. It’s truly the insane version of Alice in Wonderland. Yes, connecting with patients is all it’s worth and some of the coworkers are blessings, but the management is a nightmare. Keep it moving. It’s not worth the decent into madness.
Pros
Patients | Therapists | Scenery | Barn Animals
Cons
Management | Pay | Did I Say Management?
Toxic Environment
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 29, 2018
This company is ran by people that don’t actually show up and know what’s going on. Any time you have an issue and finally get in contact with someone in management you will be told that it will be fixed but nothing will happen. You will be required to hold standards that are never enforced by management so any sort of order will never be in place. Terrible communication between departments and other shifts. Very low morale between employees due to burn out of not being supported. Employees don’t get drug tested after initially being hired at a rehab so that seems strange. Don’t take a job with this company.
Pros
There are some good people employed.
Cons
Management!, no order, no support, bad pay
I love my job!
Management (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 12, 2018
- I get to help women and men who are struggling. I get to show these ladies that there is HOPE in joining the path of recovery, however that looks for you.

- I have the best co-workers and supervisors. I feel heard and respected. My supervisor has an open door and I feel safe communicating with her.

- We have a beautiful campus!

- Our Adventure therapy is SO FUN.

- The therapists put in lots of effort to create a safe and healing environment for their patients. Teaching boundaries, DBT skills, and healthy ideas for fun in recovery.

- We don't have processed food! So the ladies get to learn how to treat their bodies well in all aspects... beginning with what they eat. They cook together and learn how to feed themselves with a recipe, not a microwave. :)

- The patients work out regularly and they love it! The fitness teacher is so peppy and fun, but will whoop your muscles into shape!

- My recovery coaches are on the front lines. They are awesome. They have the hardest job of anyone here, face to face with the disease of addiction on a daily basis. They show them that IT IS POSSIBLE to live clean and that they can one day be a productive member of society.

I love my JourneyPure family.
Pros
My coworkers are the best!
Cons
We need a bigger parking lot :)
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 5, 2018
Journey Pure is a great place to work. The Employees, Dr's, Nurses and Recovery Coaches truly care about the patience. The campus is a great time to reflect and find peace. I would recommend this place to work and to come get help if need be.
Fun for a while, then unpredictable and stressful
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 2, 2018
Risky, unsafe for staff and patients .One staff member to up to 12 patients. No security staff. Your concerns will be ignored and management will not allow you to speak freely to the next in chain of command, thus not following company's own policy and procedures. Problems may get fixed after an unfortunate incident occurs, then management makes changes, usually after they fire or blame a low level staff member when it could have been prevented. Poor staff retention. Enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients, being involved in groups and therapy sessions and great co-workers.
Pros
Great co-workers caring, hard working nurses therapists and recovery coaches
Cons
Inexperienced managers, low pay. No security/ back up staff evenings or nights
Don't expect a raise.
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 30, 2018
If you're starting here, negiotate in as high as you can. You won't get a raise. If you do its based on who you know, not on merit. Don't expect to have your opinions or thoughts change anything up high. Expect to have edicts handed down from on high, with no plans for implantation. Good look sorting out what proper procedure is for things because the printed procedure is out of date or you wont be able to find it when you need it. Good luck getting training before you need it.

The recovery coaches and the therapist are the hardest working staff there. You won't be compensated for it. Despite what the company says it is only about money, not helping the patient. I experienced many patients who should of been in higher levels of care or not in a drug treatment center at all. Including one who was a danger to the other patients and staff members. Those patients wont be discharged because they are making the company money.

They fired the person in charge of groceries (a planned termination) without having a plan on how to provide food to the patients afterwords. One patient was provided narcotic detox meds when the patient had never been on those narcotics at all.

After a hazardous events we were told they would be hiring security, installing alarm systems, and providing staff with panic buttons. Of course this never happened. Personally my "90 day review" did not happen until after 6 months of employment.

I could go on. It isn't the worse place to work, but go in knowing what the job is. Not the line of bullcrap they sell you up front.
Pros
occasionally saves patients lifes
No training or potential for growth, totem pole environment
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 9, 2018
Although this environment looks great upon entering, it is quite the opposite when you realize how things are run. Promotions are given to whoever spends the most time in the managers office, not who spends the most time with the patients. Pay is par at best. I was told by my manager that I was doing and absolutely awesome job, but that due to "cutbacks", I was not able to get a raise for my annual review. This is a smoke and mirrors place that has great therapists and Recovery Coach's, but absolutely horrible management. They also play the rope a dope string along game with guarantees of promotion and training, to no avail. I would strongly advise against joining the chaos.
Pros
occasionally make a difference in an addicts life
Cons
Abhorrent management and supervisors
Harsh work environment if not in recovery.
RECOVERY COACH (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 17, 2018
You will not receive training. If you are not in recovery you will be constantly belittled by management. It is highly stressful. They are understaffed.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No appreciation, constant criticism.
Any job is what you make of it
Utilization Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 1, 2018
Just like any company, it has great people and those who don't seem to be team players. However, I have learned a lot, and been encouraged to further develop my strengths and interests by my direct supervisor. I'm happy to work for JourneyPure.
Beautiful on the outside, unbearable on the inside.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 14, 2018
For anyone thinking of applying here, please don't do it if you have any self respect. The work demands are unrealistic and the management has no comprehension of what actually occurs in a workday nor do they care to hear about it. There is no staff support and management is very disorganized with rapid changes occurring constantly. Due to frequent lay-offs, staff morale is at an all-time low and the work environment is cut-throat at best as many are fearful of losing their jobs at any given moment. As supervisors know this, they can threaten your job to get you to accommodate whatever demands they ask. The hours are long and often include working most holidays as it is a 24 hour a day/365 day a year establishment. All things to consider in taking a position here. TAKE GREAT CAUTION and I would say ask a LOT of questions, but it doesn't matter as you will most likely be lied to anyway or things will change from the day you are hired to the day you actually begin your position. This is so extremely sad as there is so much greatness that could come from here, but it is just so poorly managed and organized.
Pros
Beautiful campus, good interactions within small work group
Cons
Not good life/work balance at all. No self care, very demanding and stressful with no staff support whatsoever. Also frequent lay-offs/"budget cuts"
Great environment and place to work
Utilization Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 12, 2018
- Typical day was 8 to 10 hours
- Learned how to better communicate with insurance companies in order to help clients needing recovery services appropriately utilize his/her benefits.
- Managment is invested in helping clients/patients seeking recovery services.
- Hardest part of the job was/is that the company is growing and changing so quickly . . . Ironically this is a pro and con at the same time.
- Great people within this organization that truly care about helping people start or restart on their road to recovery.
- If I had the opportunity I would return to this company.
Pros
Client focused and fast growing company
Cons
Growing so quickly and upper management does not communicate growth plans to everyone
stressful, each department not working together
LPN (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Very fast pace, to demanding for one nurse, i learned some computer skills, management doesnt seem to know what is going on, they try to make it a fun place, but overwork staff
Volatile atmosphere with questionable practices
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLOctober 17, 2015
This treatment center, while founded with honorable intentions, performs with anything but that. Practices are flirting with the borders of legality, patient safety is not a priority, and you are discouraged from having different opinions or viewpoints. Offering suggestions of alternative methods or asking questions will get you labeled as a "difficult employee." Thus, the staff turnover rate is extremely high. Pay and benefits are not equivalent to the average market for the area and they will take advantage of you if you are a hard worker. Management/administration has unrealistic expectations. If you value your sanity, this is not the place for you.
Pros
Some staff truly care about the patients
Cons
Volatile milieu, poor compensation, no advancement potential