Journeys Employee Reviews

Found 2,463 reviews matching the search See all 2,555 reviews
Fun place to work seasonally!
SEASONAL TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXOctober 19, 2018
Loved my manager, and the team members were awesome too. It was only seasonal or I would have stayed much longer. Working here was busy, and fun at the same time.
The store.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCOctober 19, 2018
I worked at journeyz kidz as a seasonal job. I took a chance and applied and got they job. I had a lot of fun working there. I did not do well in the company because of the quota you have to meet After the holidays.
It was okay job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 19, 2018
Journeys was an okay job . Really didn’t get a lot of hours . The pay wasn’t all that good . Had to make my checks stretched. But the environment was good
Chill job if you are a people person
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLOctober 19, 2018
Super chill job. No uniform because they want everyone to be individule. Get the hang of it quick when u actually try. Selling is so easy if you just talk to the customer as a friend but respectfully.
Pros
discounts, flexible schedule
Fun and caring work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIOctober 17, 2018
Journeys is a wonderful place to work, the hours aren’t the best, but the management team works well to succeed in the companies goals. The team works well to help others succeed in their goals as well.
Enjoyable work place
Shoe sales (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 17, 2018
I enjoy working at Journey's. I love helping people find a good pair of shoes. I get along with everyone i work with. I've become a wonderful salesman.
job
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 16, 2018
This job required a lot of attention. I worked 6 days a week, open to close and it was a commision job. Although it was very exhausting I had a great team behind me!
Productive and great atmosphere but poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NY 10598October 16, 2018
Need to imporove your management and how you train new workers to your establishment. Communication with employees would need to be improved. But other than that everything else was good.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Short breaks, poor communication
Stressful, overwhelming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IndianaOctober 16, 2018
Journeys was very stressful. The management was very unprofessional, and you were extremely over pressured to do things that were unnecessary. Sales goals were extremely important even if they were improbable.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Rarely any breaks, low pay, no raises
A nice place to grow
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 12, 2018
Journeys was fast paced and inventory tasks were often performed during the sales day. Management was motivational and consistently promoted from within.
Very fun working with these people!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2018
Absolutely fun environment to work in. People here are great. The vibe is always great, we always work well together as a team to make sure we make our goals.
A fun environment
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 11, 2018
Journeys is a fast and fun work space, customers love coming in and the interactions are very enjoyable. The staff is fun to work with and get the job done as well.
Good starting retail job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 11, 2018
Journeys is a great place for teens to get work experience and provides a good environment to learn skills needed in retail. The hours given are great for students who want to work and balance school work on top.
Bad work hours and poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 10, 2018
It was a job I had in high school and it was for only a few months . It wasn’t good pay and not many hours. Managers mostly had me in tha back packing shoes.
Hated working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 9, 2018
Felt that the sales goals were always too high and constantly felt that I was in danger of losing my job for not being able to meet my goals. The work environment was also not very inclusive and I always felt excluded by my coworkers.
Very competitive and new management isn't sure how to run the store.
Sales Lead/ Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 8, 2018
The job is fun depending on who you're working with. There is a lot of drama and managers demean employees when ridiculous goals aren't made. The discount is good though.
Pros
discount
Cons
poor managment
Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 7, 2018
The environment is a great atmosphere without judgment or the need for competition. Some days were stressful than others but it helps build character and confidence. Especially working with different customers.
Productive at times , fun workers and silly times
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXOctober 7, 2018
Journeys was a great opportunity for me it was my first job and I held on to it as long as possible until they layed me off due to lack of hours . The hours during seasons are not really consistent .
Pros
Positive energy through out the work space
Cons
Managers are not as mature
Loved the culture and the opportunties
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLOctober 6, 2018
Very fun place to work loved and my upper management that I got a chance to work with, super fun and loved how sales driven it was. Only down fall was the hours and pay you worked a lot and didn't have much of a life outside of work and didn't get paid as much as other mangers in the mall did for working less hours.
Fun Work Culture/Poor Compensation
Management (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 5, 2018
Journeys is a fun job to work and grow in as a teenager or young adult. The company does not pay well because it’s majority all commission with a small base pay. And their usual answer is to build a strong team and just sell more. Which can be done, but since you do not get an hourly rate on top of commission, then the days and weeks that are very low in traffic with customers then there is no one to sell too. On top of that, if you have any store operations that need to be addressed either in stock room or on sales floor, that takes up managements time and lost in sales, because according to DM’s it has to be done. If you say it didn’t get done because you were focused on the customer then they get angry, even though the focus should always be on the customer.

There is no consistency between different districts and regions. Everyone does it their way and if you try to challenge them then you get in trouble. Even though you were told by home office or other DM or RVP to do it a certain way.

Again, a great starting job and a company to grow with. Knowing the write people and just hitting the right numbers at the right time are key. Otherwise you just stay in limbo between positions.
Pros
relaxed culture. accepts tattoos, piercings and hair color
Cons
doesn’t pay well. no good work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Journeys. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight