Journeys
68Average
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Journeys:

Journeys Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA43 reviews
Fun place to work at but the pay is not worth it
Great place to start working for if you are in high school just wanting a part time job. The pay is not good at all and they ask for a lot of thing for to be done but the pay does not match it.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay
I wouldn’t work there again
I wouldn’t work there again because the managers always left the store unattended to go eat while we had to look after the store and they stayed clocked in during break
There was a lot of unnecessary drama but the pay wasn’t that bad.
A typical day at work would be greeting customers coming in and trying to build a bond with them, sale merchandise and have the customers leave with a smile on their face.
What I learned / know
What I learned Was that you are not there for nobody but yourself. Always show respect to everyone & to also always greet customers as if they were you. Never let a bad day mess up your money. & always something I learned was the job is what you make it, jobs are not hard if you put forth a effort you will always succeed.
A constant state of work
This job although can be very beneficial at times does not always feel rewarding. It was hard for me to believe that I was being appreciated in my position by my higher ups.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
My summary
It was a pleasant time while i worked there. The people were welcoming and very easy to talk to. The training I may say was a little lacking. There were a few times that I asked before hand how to do certain things at the register but wasn’t told until I was forced to act that specific action (Example: how to do returns or how to even use the register). But other than that, my time there was fantastic.
It’s youth
It’s more for young kids, it was definitely A big change working with younger kids and adapting to there potential. It pushed my knowledge to really see the ability to work with different ages
Productive workplace, fun and a very positive enviorment i enjoyed being here
A typical day at work was always busy! I was always on the go making sure I had every customer handled and taken care of. My lunch breaks were fantastic I always made it back to work on time! one of the hardest things was definitely memorizing code numbers for shoes and sometimes handling with cash
Managment
Working for journeys was very fun. The only issue or complaint i would have is that they started off at $7.25. Benefits were great because you got a 60% discount off store items and store events were also entertaining and made people feel welcomed into the company.
Average
Very fun yet competitive job every sale made an impact on the store the management had its ups and downs but other that it was a pretty good job and the discounts were pretty solid for employees
Pros
Discount on shoes for employees
Cons
Non flexible work hour
Productive Workplace
A workplace that encourages you to hone your professionalism and communication skills, a trendy and fun place to work at and is also very laid-back most of the time. Easy and chill working environment.
It’s a good first job
Personally I didn’t like how strict the company was while offering minimum wage and like 4% commission. But it’s a good job for teens starting to enter the workforce
It was a welcoming fun work place
At journeys I learned better people skills and to be more social with strangers. To have patience with everyone and realize isn’t the same so I have to take my time and consider that some people have had a rough day.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
not enough Hrs
Unorganized work place
Opportunities to advance within the company is fairly easy as long as you continue to show that you're doing your job. Management and staff was unorganized.
Good variety
Great variety of shoes, but poorly ran.
Usually can only work about 4 hour days....

but then they want you to fill everyone else’s place and then do every position at once. I did not like working here
Not A Secure Job
At this job you're usually scheduled based on your sales performance and at times there wouldn't be control over how much you make so that can result in termination. It's not fair to employees who work harder for better sales and end up getting outsold by those who work on busier days.
Pros
Can be easy, simple structure
Cons
Small store, not much to do, unfair business rules
N/a
Although the pay at this job was not something I could live off of and the hours were poor, I did love the environment and my coworkers, They made it fun to work there.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
it was fun working at journeys
UNTIL i got promoted to manager and the hire up didnt want to give any help for me to hire a key holder or sales lead AND I WAS ONLY GETTING A DAY OFF
Completely overworked
I became manager at age 19 with no training or help. I was working 80-90 hours a week with no breaks or days off and became extremely ill and exhausted to the point of passing out in my store. When I contacted my DM he told me to find someone to cover for me by myself and when no one was available, he basically said “sucks for you.” The management is unorganized throughout the company and the higher management basically abuses its employees.
Pros
Discounts on shoes
Cons
Too many hours for very little pay and no overtime.
A nice place to grow
Journeys was fast paced and inventory tasks were often performed during the sales day. Management was motivational and consistently promoted from within.
Productive and fun work place.
I had a great time working for Journey's, it was a great experience that allowed me to grow as a manager. I also love the the fashion sense and the different varieties of shoe collections we carried. I also love how laid back and out going the vibe and atmosphere was working at Journeys. It was very relaxed, we were allowed to be our self and bring your own type of energy to the establishment. I also loved that our thoughts were acknowledge and accepted. there was so much room to grow, the trust within the company was great from the District Managers and so on. you also had so much room to make so much money within commission which i thought was pretty awesome.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great Commission, Great employees
Cons
The ability to have reliable Managers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Journeys. Our community is ready to answer.
1.2K
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight