Journeys Employee Reviews

Found 2,514 reviews matching the search See all 2,609 reviews
If I didn't despise CoCoa so mush i'd go back
Co-Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2018
This company is by far of the best I've worked for. The enviroment is great, staff can be great, management on a store level is wonderful. However it is very muh reliant on the co-managers to sacrifice much more of their personal lives than should be required. 56 hour weeks are just a tad overboard
Fun at first
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CADecember 11, 2018
It was a great first job leaned a lot about sales, but I much favoritism,nothing was stable, and so many changes. The team I started working completely changed. Got written up for small things like not signing a paper saying that we cleaned even though we did we just forgot to sign the paper. I was always scared I was going to lose my job because I didn’t hit a goal that day. Also so much sale stealing because everyone was scared to get in trouble. Once I was scheduled for only 3 hours out of a whole week. It was a great job at first but too many changes happened.
Productive and well informative great starter job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 11, 2018
I personally enjoy working here my only problem is the lack of hours. It’s a great 1st-2nd job if you’re just trying to gain experience and do something fun.
Stressful and childish
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 7, 2018
The manager I had was extremely childish and inexperienced. It was a fun job when the manager wasn't involved in any type of way. The employees treated each other like family.
Pros
discounts
Cons
confusing payment
Good policies with children
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALDecember 6, 2018
Fast paced work environment. Followed protocols for DHR . Valued employees. Cared for children. Management was understanding and compassionate. Breaks were fair.
Don't drink the Kool-aid.
Store Manager; Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 4, 2018
I worked 500+ hours of overtime every year, we were salaried + commission, managers are never properly compensated for their time. No time off of work if you get into a car accident, or get sick - you either have to work through and create more damage or quit. They expect Journeys to become your identity. They want you to live, eat and breathe Journeys.
No room for advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maui, HIDecember 4, 2018
The job was very laidback, and flexible. Easy to switch shifts with your coworkers. If you're part-time, then you don't earn a bonus for meeting your goals. Most positions available are only part-time.
Relaxed Work Place
Loss Prevention Associate (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNDecember 4, 2018
I work at the Journeys Distribution Center; In the Loss Prevention Department.I come in at 10:00pm every night clock in and go to the office. I watch cameras, take care of trucks, answer employee's questions, check bags as they leave the warehouse, and go on round twice a night. First round is to make sure the warehouse is secure. The second round is to unlock the doors in the morning.
Pros
Its a very relaxed job
Cons
Sleeping during the day
A Fun and Welcoming Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEDecember 3, 2018
I haven't worked at Journey's too long, and I am sad to say that I won't be able to work too much longer with them due to a recent move, but I have really enjoyed the time I have spent here so far. It was my first sales-goal oriented job, so it was definitely a learning experience, but everyone is supportive of each other and helps each other out, and it feels like a big family.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Customer Service
High pressure to sell a lot each day.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 30, 2018
I enjoyed my time working here however the management was the only thing that made it liveable. They do not pay enough for the work that you are asked to do.
Great First or Second Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2018
Learn Customer Service, sales techniques & shipment. You will make sales on the sales floor, answer customer questions, needs, or concerns. Grab shoes from the back if size is needed & sweep floors or vacuum at the end of night.
Pros
Flexible
Worked With Great People, but Worked ALL THE TIME
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 28, 2018
I worked with a great District Manager and Store Manager, but once you move up to Co Management or Store Management the work/life balance goes out the window unless you move higher up in the company. Journeys 100% believes in promoting from within, so if you do well and show interest in moving up and they believe in you they will absolutely take the time and effort to train you to be ready to move up when the opening comes. The commission based pay for management can be killer in the best and worst way sometimes. If you're busy taking care of things around the store or in other stores, you're missing out on time selling, and the base pay is not nearly enough to be even make minimum wage with the hours you have to work (they do make up for minimum if you don't make it). However, during peak seasons when the store is packed you can make a super awesome paycheck from commission. Not having a steady amount of income can be super frustrating though.
For store managers with a certain amount increase over their last year's sales they get to go to a week long meeting in Nashville that's a lot of fun. I really loved my work environment and the people in it, but the fact I spent all my time there and didn't see a whole lot of reward in my paycheck for it is what finally made me decide to leave.
Pros
Sponsored events that are free or discounted for employees
Cons
Awful Work/Life balance for management
fun but stressful place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 28, 2018
management was great! hardest part was the shoes knowing where they go and where to find them. enjoyable part were the coworkers , they were friendly.
Pros
discounts, coworkers
Cons
hours, pay
Great job I loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 28, 2018
It was great place to work. Great environment with great people. I loved helping customers it was really an adventure everyday. Loved the discount benefits.
awesome job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, MANovember 28, 2018
i am currently still working at this job and i love it. This allows you to be yourself. by expressing yourself through your clothing and shoes. management is great and there are always people there willing to help.
A work place perfect for any age
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 27, 2018
Journeys was a great first job for me because they took me in as a family and they were always nice and kind to every customer and employee. The way they ran the store was good and the management system made sure us sales associate stayed on task in complete our daily and weekly goals. I only have nothing but good things to say about the company journeys
Pros
Discounts on lunch and gear, flexible work hours
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 27, 2018
My co-workers were nice and very fun to work around. The atmosphere was nice with good music playing. We had alot of designer shoes and shirts and and hats.
Pros
Discounts
Overall, decent job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 26, 2018
This wasn't a bad job, but it wasn't a great job. It made me realize I shouldn't go into the car business because I didn't like heckling people with shoe sales.
productive, very professional environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richland, WANovember 25, 2018
A typical day at work would be employees greeting customers, asking quastions to our knowledge of their needs, selling store product, reaching stores daily or weekly goals. Hardest part is not having what a customer is looking for. Most enjoyable part is interacting with customers and meeting new people.
Pros
Breaks depending on the hours you work that day
Cons
not making sales goal
Fun workplace until you're management
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 24, 2018
Really enjoyed the atmosphere and people during the busy season but once the mall was dead they had to fire most the employees. Lucky for me I was promoted to Sales Lead keyholder and given all the responsibility that a comanager usually has. The store I worked at particularly had very little flow and was very hard to get even $500 in a full day. The company standards were way too high for the location and was probably a bad investment leasing that store for 3 years. The stress of not making numbers is passed all the way down the line from district manager to sales associate. In my time working there, my manager was fired for lack of sales and we were sent a 17 year old to manage my store instead of promoting the current co-manager or myself, the sales lead.
Pros
Discount on cool shoes, got to watch music videos all day in store
Cons
Poor management, district manager rarely kept in contact with store other than telling us our numbers are low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Journeys. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight