Journeys Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work environment with the right people.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2018
Working for Journeys has been incredible when you’re surrounded by the right people. Work is a lot more enjoyable when you are working with people you get along with. My only complaint is the pay. I feel as though a manager should be valued and paid more than what I was receiving. A lot is being asked of us and I feel as though the pay is steep. When I put in 60 hours a week, I should be making more than I am.
Pros
Fun, good people, very team based
Cons
Pay, long work weeks
I just would have liked to move up in a career field as such and I don’t think that journeys was the place for that.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 20, 2018
I think they should expand. Get different brands and merch to sell in the store. I really like the fact that they have a lot of different options but it’s usually the same merch everytime and never really and good deals for nicer merch that would draw in more customers
Pros
They have some dope vans even on sale at times
Cons
The vans store has more “in style” options and vans are a main shoe seller for journeys
Productive and fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2018
They could give more hours pay more let us wear nikes because we also sell some pairs of Nike’s and be more flexible with peoples hours and instead of 7.25 , 8.50 would be a better start
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 18, 2018
On a typical work day you clock in and you start hunting for customers who need help. I learned to be more assertive and confident in the knowledge I knew I had. The most enjoyable part of the job was sending customers out of the store wanting to come back to buy more.
Fast pace environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 18, 2018
I wouldn't recommend working at Journeys to anyone because the management was terrible the manager felt like since she's over everyone she can talk to you any kind of way and I felt as if I'm respecting you, you should respect me also but I will give my credit to the assistant manager she was respectful.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rude management
Hours and pay suck
Shoe Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INJune 15, 2018
You basically have to live off of 7.25 an hour and maybe 2-4 days a week of 5 hour shifts at most. It’s not a good job unless you have another job on the side. I promise the pay isn’t worth all the work you do
Pros
Fun poeple
Cons
Pay
Fun, up beat place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 13, 2018
Great place to work, Had a very good time each shift, managers were very understanding and flexible. Great opportunity to learn to grow and deal with customers and improves your problem solving skills.
Pros
discounted shoes, free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Very fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 13, 2018
It’s a good first job for young teens. You learn new skills with people. Don’t be afraid to be yourself. Ask questions if you need help so you can figure out how to do it .
Pros
Very good work place
Cons
Don’t get a lot of hours
The people are fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 13, 2018
good first job. Fun place to work and the discount is great. 40%! Funny people and its always fun to meet new people that love shoes just as much as you do!
It’s a great workplace for someone who needs a first job but also fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 13, 2018
The hardest part about this job to me and climbing the ladder to grab and shoe and trying not to fall and get back out there in enough time and putting shoes back in their right places
Loved working here, pay was not good enough.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 13, 2018
The employees were super nice and I loved my boss. I was such a busy person it was hard for my boss to work around my schedule at the time so I had to let the job go. Overall, Journeys was a fun job and I had many good laughs with the staff. Although, I wish the pay was better.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough breaks
Extremely fun and relaxed environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJune 12, 2018
Everything was very great and flexible. I learned how to work a register, achieve the most sales, keep the store tidy, and how to interact in a friendly manner with customers. Management was also good. I never saw people get scolded, just encouraged to do a better job if work was unsatisfactory.
Journeys is...
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2018
As a manager of journeys ot takes all your time, 10 hour work shifts, 6 day work weeks, no overtime and very little sympathy for personal time off....
Busy work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 12, 2018
Journey's had many customers coming in and out of the store but it taught me that I have to monitor my surroundings always. It is busy and I have to tend to all of them. I learned how to multitask.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAJune 12, 2018
Definitely a fun work place, nice people.. I disliked working there because they make you harass customers. And selling a pair of socks with each pair of shoes is unrealistic.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
sales tactics
Great management and work environment, competetive
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 11, 2018
Awesome co-workers, nice smooth hiring process. Supportive, skilled manager. Sometimes there would be more staff than customers present on the small sales floor meaning you had to shout over and step in front of co-workers to greet customers and make sales. Felt unfair because of this since those to greet the most customers usually ended up making the most sales. Resulting in the loser having less work hours and possibly being terminated.
Pros
Nicely timed breaks, good discount on in store products
Cons
Small sales floor, overly competetive
Lazy Manager and Assistant Manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAJune 11, 2018
Journey's gave me my experience and definitely helped my career a lot for the year I worked for the company, but aside from the experience management was horrible.
Pros
no dress code
Cons
horrible management
Fun Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLJune 11, 2018
I enjoyed the atmosphere of the store, the other employees, and the generous discounts that we were able to make use of. Other perks include early access to Warped Tour.
A little sketchy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 10, 2018
There were several issues with cash skimming at the location where I worked, although the management did follow through and resolve this issue there were other instances of employees explaining to new hires how to steal pairs of socks from the employee bathroom. Other than those issues I really did enjoy my time working there and even two years later I still talk to some of the other people I worked with at the time. Last note, the location I worked at could not keep an entire sales team together for more than one season before at least half the members either quit or were fired.
Pros
Employee discount, flexible scheduling, commission
Cons
Overbearing management and internal legal drama
Better Communication from Corporate
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 10, 2018
False information was given to associates during the hiring process, including false promises of pay and hour guarantees. District managers want to promote from within, but it becomes to the discretion of the store manager's evaluation.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Poor communication, false information

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Journeys. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight