Journeys Employee Reviews

Found 2,616 reviews matching the search See all 2,718 reviews
Good for teens. Not much else
Co-Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2019
Journeys was good for when I lived with roommates but surviving on your own and looking for something to pay the bills? Not it. Commission is low and base pay is low. Corporate cares nothing for employees and safety and can run you dry. Hours are flexible for part time but you will have no life as a manager. With it being commission based pay, the money is inconsistent. Don’t depend on this company for a career.
Pros
Discounts, chill environment, helps develop customers service skills
Cons
Management, hours, inconsistent pay
Amazing fun work place, when they say journeys is a family they mean it.
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 27, 2018
Journeys welcomed me with open arms, I was trained quickly and properly. My manager is amazing and I love my coworkers dearly, we really are a family.
Pros
40% off discount including already discounted merchandise.
Cons
None!!
Great for shoes
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 4, 2019
Need shoes or boots or slippers go to journeys. Great staff great sales and great service. Journeys is it right now. Go to journeys for your shoes. We got the vans
If I didn't despise CoCoa so mush i'd go back
Co-Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2018
This company is by far of the best I've worked for. The enviroment is great, staff can be great, management on a store level is wonderful. However it is very muh reliant on the co-managers to sacrifice much more of their personal lives than should be required. 56 hour weeks are just a tad overboard
I loved this job
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 4, 2019
I always enjoyed going to work. I always had good sales and my SOPs were always high. I got along well with my co workers and my manager. I loved inventory day when all the new shoes came in.
Pros
Getting first pick at buying the new shoes
Cons
only 4 hour shifts
Good for kids
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MN 55434February 6, 2019
Good for young kids for a first job. Extremely low pay and incentives are only given beyond weekly goals. Sales quota's are easily met when given the hours to do so otherwise the incentives are junk.
Pros
Manager's were fun and down to earth
Cons
The company doesn't seem to have direction or focus.
Completely overworked
Manager (have worked all positions) (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 13, 2018
I became manager at age 19 with no training or help. I was working 80-90 hours a week with no breaks or days off and became extremely ill and exhausted to the point of passing out in my store. When I contacted my DM he told me to find someone to cover for me by myself and when no one was available, he basically said “sucks for you.” The management is unorganized throughout the company and the higher management basically abuses its employees.
Pros
Discounts on shoes
Cons
Too many hours for very little pay and no overtime.
It was ok.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 7, 2019
The job wasn’t the best but it was money in my pocket. I don’t really like working here that’s why I’m looking for a new job, but some people love it.
Pros
40% discount
Fast paced and enjoyable
SALES ASSOCIATE- SALES LEAD (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 20, 2019
Most days are similar with goals to be met. I learned how to manage my time and others time and learned how to interact positively with customers to provide the best customer service.
horrible
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2019
managers are paid a set amount but are paid commission only some days you might work 12 hours if you dont have any help you have to do everything on your own the district manager jordan tillus will set you up for failure he has his favorite managers and thats all he cares about
Pros
discounts
Cons
no a good company to work for
Journeys review summary
Journeys Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Journeys was a good work experience for me, when it came to working on my own, helping and engaging with customers, or simply just helping my co-workers it was great.
Pros
Nice co-workers, work breaks, more working hours.
Cons
Nothing bad about Journeys
Fun Store, No hours
Journeys Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAFebruary 4, 2019
A fun store to work at but it realistically could only be a part time job. They have a constantly full schedule and only so much room for anyone who isn't already meeting the sales goals.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low pay, no hours
Fun for awhile
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 4, 2019
It can be an enjoyable place to work. But the work to life ratio is way off. They expect you to work and comply completely, and very rarely care about your opinions. They definitely tend to promote from within, including giving your current job to someone they deem to be more fit.
Overall I enjoyed my time with this company, but I feel like a lot of things need to change to make it a better place to work.
Pros
discount
Cons
lack of free time, insecure jobs, no freedom of opinions
Horrible.
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILFebruary 5, 2019
My personal experience working at journeys was horrible. My manager was toxic and very clearly disliked me, the environment was overly competitive, and the workload was too high for the amount of time or circumstances we were in.
The best place
Journeys Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 13, 2019
Journeys was by far the best place to work. I really enjoyed everyone that worked there and how easy everyone was to talk to. Anytime you walk in to the store everyone greets you and they are all so nice. If i could i would have stayed until i was out of school.
Good workplace
Journeys Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 13, 2019
Journeys has a good staff, typically. If you work hard and make your SOPs you’d be able to move up in the position. However, being only a part timer, I would suggest a second job because the wages are just not livable. This is the type of job you do to earn extra cash, or if you’re in high school.
Pros
Good work place, fun, and able to learn
Cons
Not many hours, minimum wage
Loved It!
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 13, 2019
Great and fun working environment, absolutely loved it! Management was great, however you get very few work hours. Flexible hours, and the employee discount is great too.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low Hours
typical day at journeys
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 8, 2019
We always greet customers when they walk in. Let them look around for a little bit and ask them what they need help with. What I learned at Journeys is how to handle shoes and how to deal with rude customers. I also learned that people are not always going to buy something when they come in and that's okay. Out of my other 2 jobs Journeys management is amazing. They have flexible hours, they treat associates like family and makes everybody feel welcomed, and they are always looking for room for improvement. Journeys culture is very diverse like I stated before Journeys is very welcoming to people. The hardest part of the job is telling an eager customer that we do not have what they're looking for. The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking to the customers and helping them.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
it was fun working at journeys
Sales associate/ Co-manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VADecember 31, 2018
UNTIL i got promoted to manager and the hire up didnt want to give any help for me to hire a key holder or sales lead AND I WAS ONLY GETTING A DAY OFF
Great Place to Work
Journeys Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 7, 2019
I currently work at Journeys and I love going to work. The environment is very fun and friendly. The schedule is fairly flexible and works well with my college classes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Journeys. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight