Journeys Culture reviews

Found 784 reviews matching the search See all 3,286 reviews
Great company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 21, 2019
Journeys is a great company to work for they are always there if you need help and treat you like on big family. Sometimes you have to work long days but that comes with being a manager and being in retail as well. The best part of the job is working with the customers they always make the day go by fast and you meet so many different people and every day is something new.
Pros
Great culture, positive enviroment.
Cons
Work weekends
Great working environment
Journeys Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYMay 19, 2019
Everyone was so cool, more people my age that worked there and the customers Where so fun to interact with. And the manger was close to my age so it made it really
Fun.
Pros
Awesome store
Cons
Seasonal job
Fun working place.
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 15, 2019
The company is amazing. Your able to wear what you wanna wear to express yourself. A typical day at journey is hitting the sale goal given to you and have fun doing it. It's a social working area and gives you the chance to meet new people from all over the world. The hardest part of the job is selling socks and selling accessories. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with and the environment I get to work in.
Pros
Discounted shoes.
Cons
The hours avaliable
Great Starter Job
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 14, 2019
Management wasn't awesome but the job was relaxed and could be fun. It is a fast paced competitive work environment at times. I loved the job over all. New management has been a great change.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
No health care, limited hours
A good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMay 13, 2019
Good place to learn customer service. Fun atmosphere and friendly staff. Good hours, but not enough. Could work on management. Learned to work with money.
Pros
Discount
Good employment opportunity
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 7, 2019
Journeys is a fun, reliable and upbeat place to work. The crew and customers are always a pleasure to work with. Every job has its ups and downs, but journeys you’ll find that it’s usually up most of the time
Hard, but worth it.
Store Co-Manager/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 19, 2019
In my 9 months of working for Journeys, I learned a lot about what it meant to be a true manager of any retail store. Journey's is a work for your paycheck job which means that if you want a good paycheck you better work your hardest. When I worked as the Assistant manager my responsibility was to focus on making sure our associates were hitting their goals along with making sure we were as well. Customer service was our top priority. We also had daily shoe shipment either coming into our store or out of our store in which that had to be done primarily before we opened; if not at that time, then finishing it right after we opened. Once my Manager left before the holidays I was the only one capable of opening and closing, so my hours quickly changed from either opening or closing to being the opener and the closer. I then worked 13 hour days and 60-70 hour weeks for 6 months straight. the best part by far was what my district manager taught me about being a manager and what your expectations should be.
Pros
Culture, product knowledge, pay for how hard you work
Cons
pay for how hard you work.
I absolutely love my job.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 18, 2019
Over the last two years I have came to absolutely love my job and the people I work with. Such a great environment, and I have learned many things as a sales representative and manager
This Place is Very Productive Fun And Great Place To Start For A First Job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 17, 2019
While Being with Journeys Kids I Learned Responsibility Being On Time And Taking Initiative I also Learned People Skills The Appropriate Way to Deal With Complaints And Dissatisfactions And Most Of All Teamwork And Being Positive
fun place to work
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2019
loved helping customers, managers were very cool, first job with many opportunities to help me prosper in the future. Loved trying to beat every one in making our goals for the day
Pros
free lunches
Cons
busyness
It was a great job where I got along amazing with my bosses I felt at home when I was there . I truly loved working there great co workers & managemen
Journeys Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 12, 2019
Great job , management was great , friendly co workers. Flexible hours , I loved working at journey’s but unfortunately it was only a seasonally job .
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Few hours
Fun, fast paced, caring, helpful environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 10, 2019
Managers are great, employees are just as amazing, a fun environment, very helpful when starting out and through out the time spent with company, set goals that are easy to accomplish
Fun working space
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 8, 2019
I have learned great communication skills as well as working as a team. Knowing 2 languages is an upside when it comes to connecting with customers who don't know English.
It was great working there but just wanted something diffrent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 3, 2019
A typical day at work would be fun talking to the ppl

I learn how to run to interact with customer

The management team was very nice and took the time with me

it felt like H.E.B brought ppl together

The hardest time of my job was stocking

The best part was helping out the older customer
Great Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 2, 2019
Loved working there, lots of positive energy

Great experience

loved working with different customers with different backgrounds

so much fun working, but still being able to incorporate seriousness when it's time to get serious and get the job done!

Wonderful manger at the time when I was there.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
pay rate really low
Fun and easy for the most part
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 29, 2019
I loved working at Journeys the people and the customers are very nice and the environment is good but can be stressful when you have to meet your sales goal.
Pros
The discount
Cons
Unrealistic sales goals
great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 28, 2019
it’s all great. i absolutely love working for journeys, it’s an overall great company and i would highly recommend working there. i’ve met great peopl
Pros
it’s all great
Cons
nothing
Productive and fun place to work
Sale Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 28, 2019
I worked with a great team at Journey's. The environment was fun and competitive. I learned a lot about working in retail and the importance of providing excellent customer service.
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMarch 28, 2019
Workplace culture was simple. Try to dress stylish while wearing our shoes and get the sales! I didn't work there long but I found that out quickly. I enjoyed the competition.
productive and a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 23, 2019
a typical day at work includes our constant attention to the people in the mall, the point of journeys is to get as many people in the store as possible and to get them to buy as much merchandise as possible. i learned how to persuade people in the right way for their own benefit, not just mine and how to think fast on my feet. when a customer asks for a pair of shoes, my mind automatically has the ability to think of other shoes they may like based on what they already have ln their feet or the shoe they asked for. the management is good enough to make sure everyone is doing what theyre supposed to be doing. the workplace culture is very accepting. the atmosphere as a whole is very lively and i love it there !
Pros
discount, people skills
Cons
no 401k

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Journeys. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight