Journeys Employee Reviews

Found 3,230 reviews matching the search See all 3,352 reviews
Fun place to work with no benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2019
It’s different everywhere the boss I was under was not good. Each and everyday I want scheduled the hours I wanted besides it being located in the mall, I was still performing really good. Surpassing my goal every time I was scheduled and even having customers wanting to come back because of my ability to help them so fast.
Good place to work at but management could improve
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRJune 19, 2019
Work was mostly ok but management needs to be more focused. Many time they didn’t tell me my schedule causing me to miss work and money. Aside from that there were no other problems.
One of the most enjoyable places to work.
Area Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJune 19, 2019
Working for Journeys was always a blast. Where can u go to work and always have fun interacting with your customers. You always had hard work to do with running shoes, setting planograms, setting sales, but overall a fun atmosphere daily!
Productive and fun work environmet
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJune 18, 2019
Journeys has a light and fun atmosphere and is overall a fun and relaxing place to work. However you have fight to get work hours and they need better communication skills.
exceeding your goals
Hourly Associate (Current Employee) –  Wrentham, MAJune 18, 2019
To work here you have to set limits that you want to exceed. You must be able to challenge yourself and get used to beating your self goal every time you clock in.
The Job Is Overwhelming
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2019
for the amount of pay that they offer its a great job to start but the HR department is so corrupt. Myself and countless other employees have mad calls and they either laugh at you or say have your manager handle it.
Pros
Entry level thats it
Fun Place To Work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJune 18, 2019
Journeys is an amazing company and their values were very strong toward not only its staff but its community as well. When I started in the company, I knew that my hard work would benefit my paychecks because of the commission made on my sales. I was hungry to grow in the company and within 6 months I went from a keyholder in a high volume store to running a brand new location as the general manager. I was super excited and I was compensated very well but I put a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and time into this building. The district manager and I bumped heads a lot but the company itself is an amazing one. I wanted to go all the way to corporate and was on the track to get there, but the DM was the one who didn't support me and without the approval of the DM, I knew I wasn't going to ever get promoted past a general store manager. I was very successful in my role, but the hours and time I dedicated to the store became overwhelming as I was spending anywhere from 50-80 hours a week in my building and I always seemed to be playing catch up.
I would highly recommend this company for someone who has the drive to want to do more and isn't afraid of working hard for it. The company has amazing benefits and have contests to win money, concert tickets, and free shoes based on performance. I would highly recommend working there, even if my experience wasn't the best.
Okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 17, 2019
Working here was okay just have to fight for hours because they hired too many people and did not have enough available work hours for everyone which makes it tough
Very Chill
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 17, 2019
Working at Journey's was mostly chill and laid back. Love my co-workers we all got along very well. At times Holidays Season can be busy especially if we was short staff.
It was very different
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 17, 2019
I liked the review for my job because it was different and made me think. I like working for journeys but I need a job that offers more hours especially now that I am not in school.
it was “ok”
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2019
I loved working here at first, i was making all my sales goals as a seasonal position everyday even sometimes pass the mangers and loved helping customers with orders, but even through all that they still let me go even though they told me I was gonna stay because I was the only one making sales goals everyday and was never late once
Pros
50% discount on shoes
Cons
people are JUDGY
Bad job for me.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TX 77338June 15, 2019
Journeys is a nice. It’s a nice first job. I would recommend this job for a young person that someone older or maybe mid 20s. It’s kind of hard to reach your goals sometime and that’s why I guess I got fired.
Pros
Nice first or second job
Cons
No help
Great place to work unless your manager is crazy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 15, 2019
I loved working at Journeys, but after 3 managers and never being guaranteed the hours you actually want, it was not nearly as enjoyable. You only get paid minimum wage & there isn't commission unless you are in management. I often found myself being called in or called off and the schedule being completely changed throughout the week. My manager caused a lot of drama but accused all her staff of starting it. She would also call me in frequently even though the job does not have 'on calls.' Standards for employees are also extremely difficult meet ex: how many shoes, socks and accessories you need to sell. The best part is the 40 percent off discount but even that has a limit of how much you can use.
Pros
40% off discount, fun work environment
Cons
Unorganized management, either too little or too many hours
Low Staffed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 14, 2019
I hated working here, they cut hours right before your shift. It was hard to make commission and the management was very unprofessional. A typical day at work consisted of greeting customers, working the cash register, grabbing 2-3 pairs of shoes for a customer, replacing holes and putting shoes in the back room.
It was... alright
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 14, 2019
While it may be a cool environment, technicals just don't make sense. One cannot be expected to make a goal if they're constantly in the back doing stock. Also, if someone returns an item, one shouldn't be penalized because they have nothing to do with it.
Good First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJune 13, 2019
This was my first job, and showed me what structure was like. This was the best structured job I've had, although the pay was not much. You need to put in the hours if you're a sales associate, and advance in the company.
Productive and always fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJune 12, 2019
I loved working here, it was like a family there , everyone kind to each other it was just a perfect environment to work in. Had so much fun and met many great people.
Pros
Free food
Productive and fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 12, 2019
Selling skills are required , management were kind of unorganized with scheduling , job was easy to learn , have to have communication skills , laid back job
Fun and fast paced.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIJune 12, 2019
Great place to work. Very fast paced and sales motivated. I learned so much product knowledge about products I use every day. There was always something to learn.
Its a great place to work at but pays minimum
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 12, 2019
Its a great place to work at but it pays the minimum and you barely get any hours a week. You have to make your goal of selling for example $667 worth of shoes, socks, accessories

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Journeys. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight