Jovia Financial Credit Union Employee Reviews

Wonderful Place
Junior Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYOctober 1, 2019
Loved the atmosphere of the department and management is very fair.
The company provided free lunch everyday. Sometimes snacks and celebrated all birthdays
Loved the atmosphere of the department and management is very f
Pros
Fair management
Cons
No Cons
Nice place to work and offers advancement as they are growing.
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYDecember 18, 2018
Very nice place to work with very good benefits but lower salary ranges. Company growing and so advancement opportunities are there but management doesn't take employees input and so higher turnover than expected. This is due mostly to higher salaries at other companies. Need to look at the total package as you get a matching 3 % 401 K contribution and can be vested for a pension in 5 years.
Pros
Paid 45 minute lunch break. Matching 401 K and Pension available.
Cons
Salary and dealing with management.
Keeping looking if your serious about your career
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYOctober 22, 2018
This company looks like a nice place to work . The management doesn't present themselves well . Dirty ties and shirts and ididnt look professional . I can picture the management acting the way they look . I was totally turned off and disappointed in engaging in any business to support this organization . Based on the management and human resources
Pros
Close to my home
decent place to work
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYApril 25, 2018
fasted paced demanding workday
learned how to manage my time
management needs to improve employee work relationships
fair working environment
very physically demanding-current job
day passes quickly
Pros
Paid Lunch/ Good Health benefits/ Generous vacation time
Cons
difficulty in career advancement
Productive place of business
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYApril 17, 2018
Friendly environment and staff . Typical day is helping people better there finances and giving out the knowledge I've received from NEFCU . Learn a lot about people and money.
Pros
paid lunch time.
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work and great people
Training and Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYFebruary 15, 2018
I loved working at NEFCU. The employees are amazing people to work with. MOST (certainly not all) of the senior management were very engaged with the employees development and career pathing. I left because of only one person, my supervisor. She was a self centered, self promoting and determined person in seeing my (our) programs fail to satisfy her own failed success. I was happy to leave on my own terms.
Pros
employees, senior management, development programs
Awesome!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYSeptember 13, 2017
NEFCU is a great place to work. It is a very team-oriented environment with a great-work life balance. There is also the opportunity for growth within the company.
The branches offer different experiences
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYAugust 19, 2017
It's a pretty good company to work for. The work isn't difficult. Each branch has a different atmosphere but every one is kind and helpful for the most part. We received a new manager at my branch and things kind of went downhill from there. But this is not a review of the entire company as a whole.
Pros
mostly laid back, nice coworkers
Cons
poor sick time policy, can get stressful
Great Culture, Great opportunity to advance
Back Office (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYJuly 26, 2017
If you have the opportunity to work at what you love to do each day, in a friendly, family oriented environment, join NEFCU. We are growing rapidly and need more good people to join our team.

If you are looking to emerge into the banking arena, have prior cash handling and customer service experience, join NEFCU.
Very friendly work environment
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYJuly 19, 2017
Not much room for advancements. It seems that they have made a lot of changes since I left. The main issue was they are under staffed so you have a huge pipeline that can't go any where because there is not enough people there to work them in a timely manner.
Friendly work environment
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJanuary 13, 2017
NEFCU is a good place to work. Staff and co-workers are all friendly, benefits are great. They do not pay enough, and when it comes to promotions, they seem a bit unfair and don't judge an overall portrayal of employee.
Amazing
Administrative Facilities Services (Former Employee) –  WESTBURY NYSeptember 1, 2015
Nefcu is an amazing company with potential for growth. Friendly atmosphere filled with great people who are there to help.
One of the better banks to work at.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYFebruary 6, 2015
If if you've been in banking at all, you know it can be very stressful. That wasn't the case at NEFCU. It's very relaxed here but like every job it completely depends on your team. I happen to work with a great branch. The pay is a little low compared to the industry and the PT 19 hours is a joke. They always post new positions which makes moving up in the company quite obtainable.
Pros
Relaxed compared to other banks.
Cons
Low part time hours. Pay is a little low compared to other banks.
I was very productive in saving the credit union funds and very helpful to all employees who contacted me for assistance
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYApril 13, 2014
I was a valued employee until a new Vice President was assigned in 2012, from there I was no longer valued and was under pressure to resign. I did so recently.You may contact Human Resources Department for further information. I had great co-workers and it was a great place to work until 2012. Although I was an investigator for decades, I learned a great deal about banking fraud and all it entails.
Pros
Great coworkers who were very knowledgable and always were there to assist.
Cons
Salary Time off plans
Nice people.
Investment Representative (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYApril 30, 2013
Travel to many branches (5). Most days two or three branches visited. There is some support for the program, but the Credit Union is in transition, changing to a sales oriented culture with new sales goals (The investment program is not high on the list) that are overwhelming to staff.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Too much travel, not enough pressure on acheving referral goals for investment program.