Joyce Factory Direct Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Mui buena
Operator (Current Employee) –  Barea ohApril 9, 2018
Muy buen tradajo y buenos compaƱeros y muy buen patron
Humourous and Fun Sales Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 1, 2018
Working for Joyce Factory Direct was great. Although I was only there for a short time I would have loved a more permanent role at Factory Direct. Unfortunately I had to relocate shortly after being employed by Joyce Factory Direct, So I did not get a chance to personally get to know my manager and coworkers. I would definitely recommend Joyce Factory Direct to a friend or anyone looking for a great job with great pay and fun surroundings. I learned so much from Joyce Factory Direct, being in sales it really helped my social skills, I'm more comfortable talking with strangers and providing better customer service. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet walking all day, it's great exercise though. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay after 2 weeks pay I could afford my first car. Joyce Factory Direct is a great job with great people and great service.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks, No paid days off.
Great company that is growing
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHFebruary 22, 2018
I've been with the company for a few years and it has grown a lot. Some times growing is tough as we have upgraded internal systems and added new staff members. It's exciting to be part of the growth and they continue to try to promote within.
Pros
Good health care, fun coworkers, understanding and down to earth managers
Cons
No dental or vision coverage
Simply don't work for them
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 19, 2017
This company talks a good game to get you in the door, but have no accountability at their corporate office and consistently look to lay blame on the other offices and the people. There is absolutely no communication with the corporate office at all. Sales people are ran all over the place because the call center cannot figure out how to run appointments in a logical manner. Commissions are paid half up front and the rest on the back end when the product is installed. Wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take 12 to 14 weeks to get something installed. The absolute worst production department and scheduling department in the business. Plus you never actually know what you are getting on the back end because they never actually tell you. Lastly, they flat out lie to people.
Very poor lead quality
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHSeptember 24, 2017
Worked as a sales rep for 6 months. They promise commissions and then don't pay. You get 5% after you sell a job, then they never pay the second half and many times deduct from your front end, with NO explanation!!!! Tons of turnover with reps because of this practice. All contest leads, most people you see have zero interest in a project, just trying to win a contest.
They really treat sales reps like dirt, and the constant turnover is a sign that they could care less.
There are many other good companies out there to work for, this is not one of them.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too many to list
Stiff you dont pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2017
Commission only they pay half commission up front 2nd half after completion but you never receive the 2nd half very high salesman turnover due to this pay practice. They been in pittsburgh 3yrs longest tenured salesman been there 6 months THEY DONT PAY
Pros
$50 gas card once a month
Cons
Poorly verified . If at all. Lots of no homes .
Great growing company with family values
Manager (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHFebruary 16, 2017
I have been with the company for over 15 years and have seen the company (retail and manufacturing) grow tremendously. I just saw some of the negative reviews and I can tell you that if you want to work for a company that will stand up for what is right and pay you for hard work and success than this is a company for you. I know some of the negative reviews on here personally, and they are only sharing a fraction of the story (including one employee who lied to many employees and the owners until of course it was figured out and then he was terminated ASAP).

Overall, the company has a history to promote from within. Most managers started as entry level and worked their way up. They are consistently promoting when applicable and always treat their employees like family and are very understanding when hardships come up.
Pros
Atmosphere, fast paced, managers, growing, benefits, 401k match!
Cons
limited dental and vision coverage
This company is not to be trusted.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  BereaDecember 12, 2016
This company does not pay out commissions. This company will stiff you. These hooligans are nothing more than a band of thieves fleecing their customers and employees. I strongly recommend finding a different window company to work for.
Great work place love it been with the company 10 months and counting
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHOctober 11, 2016
Love the job it's relaxed on a day to day basis I love working with my co workers some few have there issues but I ignore them and work my job on a daily great schedule great pay live my job wouldn't trade for anything
Pros
Great environment great atmosphere
very tiring. no break.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 15, 2016
as a canvasser, you are walking tirelessly day by day for a good 8 hours with no vehicle. if your communication sales are great then canvassing is your type of job. i was a sales rep for Joyce factory direct and i would communicate with customers and discuss viable home improvements that could be done within the exterior of their house. selling options were; roofs, sidings, decks, windows, and patios. you are with one to 2 co workers in a good 2 mile radius away from each other. you will not be able to use the restroom which is not a good way to start off at your job, you have no vehicle to get from neighborhood to neighborhood, walking is considered. best part of the job is the accomplishments being made from major sales. ranging from 2,000 to 50,000. i learned everything about sales, from the basics to being very well with your social skills.
Pros
commission from sales.
Cons
no restroom, food or drink while on the job.
Productive and work was a family setting
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHAugust 27, 2016
Work was past paced, fun, and very interesting. I grew everyday by learning and developing people skills. I was treated fairly and with respect. I was given the opportunity to grow in my career.
Pros
Bonuses and Commission
Love it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  BereaMay 29, 2015
Great organization full of bright helpful people. Great products and high end manufacturing KPI's. Best products in the industry hands down.
Great Atmosphere and Culture
Production Manager and temporary Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOFebruary 11, 2015
I managed the entire office, so it was fun and challenging, but also very stressful at times. I handled vendors, contractors, and clients.
Pros
boss bought lunch all of the time
Cons
Short lunch
Joyce Factory Direct review
Lead Rehash and Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJanuary 21, 2015
I enjoyed the almost three yeas with his company. Everyday i was challenged to a new level.I learned how to be the best salesman possible.
Pros
Lots of incentives to be my best.
Cons
lack of healthcare, Hostile work environment, Our boss was a alcoholic
Good
Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHJune 30, 2014
Talking to potential clients on the phone . and getting threw the secretaries . enjoying makeing sales and meeting my goals .
Didnt like it
Appointment setter (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMarch 11, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job was being on the phones with the customers.