JSL Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Not so great
Cook (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIFebruary 28, 2018
Cooks are made to cook the same food so often that it gets very boring. Managers refuse to change the menus. Cooks never get a lunch break and the chef and dining room managers are rude.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Expensive healthcare, no lunch breaks
Managment hard to work for
cook (Current Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIFebruary 3, 2018
Its not a hard place to work.Most days you know what you are doing when you get there, everything is kosher and non dairy. most the people are fun to work with.
Pros
you get free meal at the end of day
Cons
sometimes you dont get breaks
Enjoyable place to work
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2018
Third party logistics provider specializing in independent contractor courier work.

You can make good money if you're willing to put in the work and miles. If you like to drive, you'll like this.
Pros
Independent working, not stuck inside all day
Cons
lots of wear and tear on your vehicle in order to make good money
You had to have a good rest.
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJanuary 8, 2018
Get to work on time. Greet my coworkers and im grabbing my pallet jack. Offload the truck me and usually one other person but sometimes just me. Once the truck is offloaded im using the manifest to check out the location of the products. This sometimes can be a tedious process only because you have to double sometimes triple check its proper location. Once its all done the trucks get loaded up and are sent out, some deliveries are time sensitive and must be there at a certain time so speed and accuracy play a factor. I clock out once my job is done. Goodmorning Im ony way back to work.
Pros
Early start off early
Cons
Sometimes the truck comes late then it will have a chain effect on the rest of my day.
Family owned with great atmosphere
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 19, 2017
This is a family owned company who has always been fair to their employees. they are very flexible with your working schedule and they will pay you fairly.
Jsl
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 14, 2017
Definitely had a good work experience here. I would recommend it to anyone who likes warehouse jobs such as operating forklifts and loading and unloading trucks.
Great people to work with
Server (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MINovember 30, 2017
Enjoyed working around people,hours were flexible,pay was ok for amount of work .location was excellent,clean environment.supervisor easy to communicate with,offer benefits, clients were friendly.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No full time positions
Fun & Productive work enviroment
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 9, 2017
Fun company to work for. Very fast past, and a lot of standing. Great Pay and comradery. Work hours differs day to day with work load. Room for advancement within company
Stressful place.
Personal Care Attendant/Resident Med Passer (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, MISeptember 28, 2017
Even if you are very flexible, they push you to your limits. never want you to take off for anything, requesting time off was a joke regardless how far in advance you place your request. much of the staff was very difficult to work with. very clannish.
Pros
Not much
Cons
never ending work
Good port company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Fair place to work if you are planning to become an owner operator. Compensation was fair and was a fun place to work at. The ports are a bit strefull but if your company is organized things move much smoother.
Pros
Management, salary
Cons
Hours, benefits
Productive and fun place to work
Dishwasher/Server (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, MISeptember 5, 2017
It was my first job an do got lucky to have it it is a good job pays good weekends off I liked it I didn't work many hours because I was still in high school and when I got out of high school I had that job and second job but definitely good paying job with the right pay rate and and hours
Maintenence Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 25, 2017
Very nice place to work at. The benifits were realy nice we get all the National days off and all of the Jewish holidays off as well. They treat there employees very well.
Nice place to work
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, MIJune 9, 2017
Works with the company over a year, it's really a fair place to be employed. Truthfully, I can't say anything bad about the establishment; they actually care about their employees.
Pros
Full-time gets great benefits
Cons
Some manager needs personal skilll
Horrific job
MED PASSER/ PCA (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, MIMarch 26, 2017
Overall this is horrible place to work. Their turnover rate is overwhelmingly high and management is rude and very demanding. They acknowledge their workers as universal which means you are required to due any task thrown at you and thats not said at the initial interview. There is no room for job advancement, there are only two titles and if and when you reach the second title you are required to due both. Management is very lousy and lazy. Thats why they require you to due the job of ten men. There is no compassion of your personal life if an emergency was to happen. The pay is low and close to minimum wage for you to be a multi tasker. The residents make you feel welcome they are very sweet. Besides them there are no more pros to this job. All cons.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management, Low pay, Multiple task, No advancement, No set schedule, No compassion from bosses, Really a nursing home.
Unimpressed
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MINovember 10, 2016
Unorganized and feels like high school . Shocked by what I seen. Lack of management explains the high turn over. I would not recommend this job to anyone who is looking to advance there career.
Pros
Residents
A typical day
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MINovember 8, 2016
My typical work day is very exciting. I learn something new everyday. The residents are vibrant I love to converse. My co workers are very good workers and we all always work as a team. The hardest part of the job is when a resident passing away. what I enjoy must about the job is when the residents tell me stories about their life's when they were younger.
Pros
15 minute breaks
Fun workplace
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, MIOctober 31, 2016
Employees and employers are very nice to work with. The residents are very pleasant. You can learn a lot from the residents. Supervisor works with you flexible hours.
Productive work place
Server (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MISeptember 22, 2016
It was different... A different experience and a different religion from ours... The staff was family and the residents were nice and.
Good Job
Independent Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2016
Good Job provides Flexibility. What you put in is what you make it is a nice job.I am grateful for the opportunity. My co workers are good people..
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Payment
Frustrating
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 16, 2016
Relying on independent contractors in this business can make for tough long days. Reliability is a huge problem in this business
Pros
never a routine day
Cons
never a routine day