JT International USA, Inc. Employee Reviews

Scanner
Scanner (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAJuly 29, 2018
I really enjoy my job. It’s laid back and fast paced. I really enjoyed coming to work. The management team is excellent. It’s room for advancement in other departments.
Excellent Place of Employment with Great Global Opportunity
Brand Equity Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJFebruary 7, 2018
Valued my time at JTI, was sad to leave due to relocation.

Work with international teams, and had a lot of Global exposure. Management was relaxed and rewarded accordingly. Global culture made it interesting and fun. Was offered a role in Geneva, Switzerland that I was sad to refuse.
Pros
Global Training, Opportunity for Growth
Cons
Tobacco Industry
performance is not rewarded
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJFebruary 7, 2018
the was a unfortunately a lack of organizational direction and strategy. very slow responses to market threats and changes resulting in loss of critical business
Ok place to work
PRESS OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAJuly 14, 2017
If u have a family an looking for a job don't apply here. This is the only job I had work that you don't know when u start work or when you get out for the season.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, you dont know how long the season gone last
JT international
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 5, 2017
Working with JT was fun. i enjoyed my part time experience there. my coworkers displayed teamwork.
i worked 24 hrs a week for supplemental income.the overal experince was memorable
great company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakwood Village, OHMay 24, 2017
Truly terrific people to for but limited professional growth and challenge. Very kind and understanding and willing to adjust work schedules if needed.
Company not for those looking for career longevity.
Territory Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJApril 25, 2017
Unrealistic goals. Poor middle management. This is not a company if your looking to be promoted from within the organization. They do a poor job with training and creating a positive work atmosphere.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Consistant Work but Seasonal
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAJanuary 16, 2017
It is a great place to work but being seasonal and the pay are the only draw backs. It seems as if there is no room to move up in the company and I'm looking for more..
Pros
Good work Enviroment
Cons
No benefits, low wages, no room for growth
Productive great job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Danville, VADecember 7, 2016
I enjoy working at jti hand on managers and supervisors always there to help if you was very productive. It's was a great and paid good
So it was very productive for everyday work hard. Helping my co worker .
Cons
Short breaks
Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 17, 2016
A typical day with JTI would be to promote cigarettes brands with marketing materials and trade spend. I learned how to develop relationships with retailers and the ability to sell products in a highly competitive industry.
Very employee friendly.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMay 9, 2016
Productive and challenging workplace. Learned to manage time and work with others at a distance. Benefits package is outstanding. The HQ is very helpful and knowledgeable.
Challenging and diverse international company
Recruitment and Employer Branding Associate (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 3, 2016
Starting off as a temp, I chose to accept a full-time offer at JTI because of the challenges it offers, I knew it would force me to grow and it has. It has a start-up feel with the backing and diversity of a top international company. The challenges make or break it for JTI.

Some people find it difficult to manage the workload and demands, so only those who are creative, take initiative and focused can thrive. Competition is fierce in the tobacco industry, and JTI being a smaller player, demands a lot from it's employees in order to grow. Fortunately, we have been growing consistently.

The culture of the company is traditional, results-oriented, but has it's fair share of company outings and knows how to have fun once in a while. The benefits are stellar and pay is fair when benchmarked against industry standards.

Overall, JTI USA is a great place to work
Pros
benefits, challenging, work/life balance, diversity
Cons
top-down management, office space
Worst Company I have ever worked for
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaDecember 4, 2015
Typical days lasted from 8am until whenever you finished all of your assigned duties; starting with the expected 10 sales calls per day, unbelievable assessments such as price audits, misc. surveys, required during each call, taking hours. Your responsible for handling customer issues, keeping track of and ordering inventory for your own storage, morning and nightly reporting also taking hours, traveling the 2-3 hours between your calls and home, and anything else demanded by your immediate supervisor. This is not including normal sales position responsibilities such as expense reporting, call logs, potential target lists, and so forth. Unbelievable amount of work, this position is physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting to say the least. The company will drain you of every ounce of energy and positivity before they fire you for no reason. Caution signing the "at will" employment its in every page of your Sign on handbook- This job never ended from day to day. The hardest part of the job, the company became impossible with goals setting them extremely impossibly high, then dropping them by half the next sales cycle. The management, says they are all about employees, however they are only worried about numbers. Not customers, not employees, they are only worried about an impossible increase in revenue. Considering the products they are selling in the US are not in the least bit "iconic", even if you sell them in they sit on the shelf. Extremely tough sale and impossible expectations. Be prepared to travel most of your life, and work morning until night. This company  more... has lost sight of its vision, or the vision it is claims to represent. It may have been great to work for at one time, however it has become the worst job, and the worst company I have ever worked for, and by far.  less
Pros
salary
Cons
impossible expectations, extreme micro management
Productive work place
ASSISTANT LEAD MAN (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 24, 2015
Come in and check from the previous shift and find out what needs to be done for my shift. Learned different grades of tobacco. The hardest part of job was unclonging machine in the extreme heat.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Extreme heat
okay if have other source of income only a seasonal job
Scanner (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 23, 2015
A typical day at work dusty some days better than others most supervisors are okay had the ones you just would rather stayed at home sometimes most co workers okay hardest part avoiding the drama that went with the job best part of the day going home.
Pros
summer break
Cons
summer break
great place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAAugust 28, 2014
I enjoyed working there. I had a great boss , wish I could got on fulltime.
Productive and Leniant
Blender (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJuly 14, 2014
The job was easy. Everyone seemed friendly, there was really no hard labor
Pros
work environment was clean safe and cool
Cons
short breaks
fun place to work
forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAApril 1, 2014
its a seasonal job and i've been there for three years never late and always on time
Pros
tobacco
Cons
tobacco
Very Productive
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Danville, VADecember 17, 2013
It is a great place to work and it has many rooms for professional growth.
A bad job
Puller (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2013
You would come in and follow direction and you would get yelled at. They made u work for them and a soon as you left they called you and fire you. DON'T EVER WORK FOR JT INTERNATIONAL BECAUSE IS A WAIST A TIME TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JT International USA, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.