Jtekt North America Corporation Employee Reviews

I like working for Jtekt, the only reason I left was I moved to Houston Texas
Table Leader (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2018
Working with others at Jtekt was one of the reason I like working at Jtekt. It's some good people at Jtekt. You just have to take it one day at a time and not let the job stress you out. I love working with others, training others, helping others and being a team player. There are always ups and downs when it comes to every job, but it's what you make of it.
Pros
Hour break
Cons
No enough recognition
Nice place to work just don't expect a life outside of work
Assembly Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Vonore, TNSeptember 28, 2018
Great place to work management needs to improve and work less hard to have a life when u work 7 days a week 12 hr shifts u r just tired all the time and have no time for a life
Pros
Workout room
Cons
No life outside of work
cool working place.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXJune 6, 2018
The money was good but it was too many hours and I was sickly at the time. The people were very nice and it was an awesome job.. For someone with no kids the place is very good and you would enjoy it a lot.
Jtekt
Technician (Former Employee) –  Vonore, TNMay 30, 2018
Jtekt automotive was a good place to work. The Work was really simple and pay was good. Mandatory overtime was almost every weekend but it was always good.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Life/ work balnace was bad
Work Environment
Electrical Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Blythewood, SCMay 7, 2018
Had the opportunity to work with some great individuals and learn a lot about the company. But the koyo company in Blythewood SC compensate who the feel is the best fit for the company. Meaning if you come in with years of experience as technician. You still may get paid less compensation than a Gardener or flight attended that they may see as a better fit for a technician the position.
Pros
Company is a great place to work and learn
Cons
Management doesn't have any leadership or care for the employees until a complaint have been made
Poor leadership. Uncertain future.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousApril 8, 2018
Poor leadership at the top. Poorly managed closure of 2 facilities. Likely to close the Plymouth office next. Uncertain future.

Some very talented employees, but not enough to get this company back on track. People are quitting every day.
Pros
Talented employees.
Cons
Leadership team is out of touch and seem to ignore significant issues within the organization, late in keeping up with market changes, key employees have left and there is no recognition from management that there are issues, ....
Great job
Line operator (Former Employee) –  Vonore, TNFebruary 16, 2018
Great job I just had to relocate and the job was temporary through a temp service. Me and my family were having issues I had friends up north that that needed help relocating themselves I tried helping them but my vehicle had broken down in ky and we had to stay. I met my fiance up here and now we are expecting a little so I need income and fast. Thank you
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Low starting pay
Great job with plenty of overtime
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Vonore, TNFebruary 13, 2018
Ok place 2 work if you like overtime. I had skin issues with rhe oils and coolents they use. Managers were decent. Work is fast paced and hard to get time off. Pay is good and benefits are alao.
Benefits
Cons
Ot
I like the job but didnt want to help during my health problems
B Technician (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 27, 2018
I really enjoyed my job there but they have there own picks in advancing in the company. Made you feel like the less you do the quicker you move up in the company. But when you bust you butt and wanted to move up they wouldn't consider your hard work and what you know even if you had ideals to improve the company they made you feel like you didn't deserve to move up.
Pros
Payed good great benefits
Cons
If you didnt kiss butt you didnt move up
It was a job
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 25, 2018
Perhaps my experience was not typical, but I had a poor manager, and the company is in the process of shutting down our whole operation and moving it to South Carolina. I'm getting out before it goes down, but obviously most people can't just move, and I believe only 3 people out of around 150 ended up going to the new location. Not a good time. On the plus side, the benefits were generally good (and considerably better for the people who had been with the company a decade or so earlier... they got actual pensions whereas we only got a 401k with 4% match...).
Pros
generally good benefits, good location (before it moved)
Cons
poor management from the top down to middle managers
Everything is changing
Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 2, 2018
Company is relocating with complete change is staff and potentially management, so I cannot speak to the new company set up. The way company has been operating is good with industry leading benefits and career opportunities.
Pros
Industry leading benefits
Cons
Company is relocating and everything will change
Work/life balance and that is it
Corporate employee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 17, 2017
JTEKT is great in terms of work/life balance and benefits. Outside of That, JTEKT is quiet awful if you are trying to grow your career. There's no training, no direction or leadership and you'll continuously be frustrated how managers make 0 decisions and everything is vague - aka very bottom up approach but don't expect to get compensated for it. Youll also feel the frustration when your co workers who been there 20+ do close to nothing and it's acceptable.

Work here if: work/life is at the top of your list (i.e the frustrations are worth the flexibility, not working > 40 hours, and decent PTO). Also if you are ok with not furthering career and growth.

Don't work here if: direction, leadership, and career growth is important. You won't find that at JTEKT. Also if you are a hard worker your mind will go crazy with how many slackers you'll have to deal with. Itll drive you crazy!
Pros
Pros: great benefits, work/life balance, flexibility.
Cons
Cons: very poor leadership, no ownership, no direction, "too relaxed management"
Good Company
A-Tech (Current Employee) –  Telford, TNSeptember 15, 2017
Jtekt is a good company to work for, but very little room for advancement and managment is not very professional. Benifits and pay are decent for the automotive field but not enough room for advancement.
The most important thing is keeping the numbers up
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 4, 2017
Management doesn't care about anything other than keeping numbers up. I understand that they are running a business but they need to understand that people are an important part of keeping a business open. Turn over is high but management was not open to hearing out employees concerns or responding to the concerns that employees reported to them.
great place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCAugust 2, 2017
Great place to work money is good gave me alot of experience i didnt have before great atmosphere the people are caring and hard workers i love the job
miss this job it was great
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Vonore, TNApril 4, 2017
Had a blast wish I wouldn't of left I disagree with there policy's on no notice quiting can't be hired back but others than that its a great place to work
Pros
the money
Cons
alot of hours
A community orianted company
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Vonore, TNApril 3, 2017
A very good company to work for great pay and bennifits . they have lots of incentives and community programs and family programs. Stable and secure job. Lots of hours.
Pros
Wages and insurence
Cons
Work lots of hours
Very good job if you are looking for alot of hours
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Vonore, TNMarch 13, 2017
It is a very good company to work for if you are looking for full benefits with alot of hours and alot of overtime pay. If you are willing to work 50+ hours a week i highly reccomend this job
Pros
Great benefits
Work seven days a week mandatory.
CNC Operator B (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCFebruary 13, 2017
The management lacks direction and relations with the employees. Benefits are not that great neither is pay. Work seven days a week mandatory.
Pros
Lunch served onsite at cafeteria
Cons
No days off.
Benefits are good.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXFebruary 5, 2017
I have worked here for three and a half years overall experience is good. Have to disagree with attendance policy. Do not agree with supervisor/team lead positions.
Pros
Safe place to work.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jtekt North America Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight