Judicial Employee Reviews

Great for trials and lawyering work. High work load.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 23, 2017
I love this job. But the time and pay, combined with difficult case load make it tough. You will spend your time struggling to meet the deadlines, but will enjoy the time you get to spend in court.
It's an ok job
Jasper County Circuit Clerk (Current Employee) –  MissouriJuly 20, 2017
The work can sometimes be mundane but not horrible. Team work is a thing of the past as many people only want to do the job they were hired for and when you are understaffed that makes it hard. The pay is less than desirable. The management can be unstable.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Great time
Intern (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 15, 2017
Working Under Judge Jennifer Bennett was an enlightening experience that showed me that I really want to working the judicial filed for the rest of my life.
Defending the needy.
Public attorney (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2016
It was always a challange to be certain that constitutional rights of defendants were protected. I won a number of trials as a public defefender. Courtroom work was rewarding
Pros
going to court
Cons
not being respected by your client
Watched criminal court sessions and assisted the court clerk in multiple activities.
Court Intern - Erie County Court (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day of my internship was arriving at the court for either morning or the afternoon session and watching the court cases. Then after I would assist Jen Runfola the court clerk in any tasks she needed help with along with the other law students. The hardest part of the job was adapting to the professional language that I have never been exposed to before. The most enjoyable part was getting to know defense attorneys because before the internship I could not understand how someone could ever be a defensive attorney. Now I have a new respect for them.
Pros
Listen to all the court cases and get a better understanding of the court system.
Cons
Tough schedule with school.
Loved it
Grant County Circuit Deputy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, KYApril 2, 2014
I was really happy with the office setting and the pace of work, would love to have another job like it with set hours close to home so I can still be available for the kids and their school functions