Judson Center Employee Reviews

I was an intern.
(Internship) Help (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 5, 2018
I was an intern, and I shadowed other social workers in the field. I was able to assist with paperwork. I enjoyed my time there learning and understanding the field.
I love Judson Center
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIFebruary 27, 2018
A typical day was working alonside the client and assisting with job responsibilities. I learned that a lot by interacting with the client. The hardest part of the job was making sure the client understood how to perform the job. The most enjoyable part was seeing and them perform the job and exceeding expectations.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Little Pay
Good for experience, not good for the long term.
Behavior Tutor (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIFebruary 25, 2018
This job is great if you just want experience in ABA, but not a place for a career. The BCBA I had would come up with behavior plans on the spot for one client so you never really knew what to do when there was problem behavior. The turn over rate is crazy and your bonus after 6 months is not guaranteed. Some teams are short staffed and over worked. You're better off going somewhere else due to the fact that building was not really made to be an ABA center when there are offices just around the corner.
Pros
Team support
Cons
50 minute breaks that were not even breaks
Good location within 13 miles from home
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 14, 2018
A typical day on the job was assisting the consumer with their daily living, provided safety and comfort. Provide assistance basic duties such as bathing, dressing, grooming and eating. I transported consumer to and from outside workshops. Helped with home management tasks such as preparing meals, and cleaning. Management planned meals and did monthly grocery shopping. Management was fair and professional.

The workplace culture was that of team work and support for the good of the consumers. This made the job satisfying and rewarding. The physical requirement was the most difficult.

I've learned the importance of the HIPPA Law and the need for compassion.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work.
Cons
No paid vacation time or opportunity for full time employment
Development Intern
Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 11, 2018
I loved working as a development intern at the Judson Center! My mentor taught me everything that I needed to know about working in the non-profit industry. I wrote stories for their newsletter and had the opportunity to interview great people.
clients great staff not so great
Program Assistant Emerging adults summer program (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 4, 2017
Dirty and super unorganized. The clients were incredible but the program was completely unorganized and the place was filthy. There was never enough cleaning supplies and it was nearly impossible to get supplies needed to keep the place clean.
Decent place to work
Autism Connections employee (Former Employee) –  Royal OakNovember 17, 2017
Worked for the Autism Connections program for many years. It's a very stressful job at any level as you are working with students with problem behavior (ranging from simple crying to severe aggression/self-injury). Support from administration was minimal (as you would expect from any program not run by clinicians) but overall - a good place to work.
Pros
Great experiences, nice location
Cons
not a ton of room for professional growth, low end of the salary spectrum
Amazing!!
Summer Fun Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MINovember 15, 2017
Love the co-workers! love the atmosphere! Love the ease of the job, lots of areas to move up! lots of departments to work with, great place to work, would defiantly recommend to a friend.
Poor Management
In Home Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIOctober 5, 2017
I worked at the Warren office so I am only speaking of this location specifically. The job was great in terms of flexibility in scheduling and getting entry level experience. The benefits were good. The pay is low, which is to be expected at a non-profit.

The office is run by individuals with poor management skills. The direct supervisors were great but the program manager and director left much to be desired. They were not supportive of their employees and fostered a negative environment. I can count on one hand the number of times they offered praise or positivity to teams/programs. They would make you feel incompetent and like an inconvenience. There were numerous occasions where upper management were heard speaking negatively of individuals and programs.

If you absolutely need a job, work here. If you have the option to wait or look elsewhere. Do it!
Pros
Flexible schedule, benefits
Cons
Poor management, low salary
Good place to get social work experience.
Early Head Start Home Visitor (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 22, 2017
If you are a self motivated person and are able to schedule your time and work flexible hours then working here may be for you. The most enjoyable part of the job was the families that I worked with. Coworkers were nice to work with and helpful. Because of the low pay there is a higher than usual worker turn over. Management was okay as you could go to them with work concerns and the advice given was helpful.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
using your car and putting a lot of wear and tear on it.

Want to know more about Judson Center?

Ask a question
Great positive environment
Team Leader In- Home Therapist (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 31, 2017
The hours are flexible, however, it was mandatory to work on a holiday if needed. The pay was not helpful for a single mother with children. Also, we had to transport the clients in our own vehicle, which added many miles onto it.
Pros
Continued friendships wiyh employees
Cons
Pay
Terrible Management with little job growth
Behavior Tutor (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJuly 27, 2017
I would not recommend Judson center (Autism Connections) as a place to work. The supervisors are unprofessional. The behavior tutors are overworked and underpaid (no raises and the pay rate is the same for behavior tutors and senior behavior tutors). Unless you are friends with other supervisors there is no room for growth at this job, no matter how dedicated or how hard you work. Leaving this company was one of the best decisions I made for my personal and professional growth.
Pros
experience with challenging behavior
Cons
no lunch breaks, favoritism among staff, terrible staff management
good
Foster Care Case Manager/Full-Time (Current Employee) –  Redford, MIJuly 6, 2017
It is a good employer and they care about the children in their system. They are a good company that has been around for 100 years. the pay could be more but it is understandable considering they are a non profit
Nice
staff member (Current Employee) –  Redford, MIJune 12, 2017
days are okay, I learned a lot from my coworkers. Management is effective, and accessible. Workplace culture is comfortable, hardest part of the job is no time allotted for breaks. Most enjoyable part is helping the community.
over worked low pay bad program for job sites and training consumers
Employment Trainer (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJune 6, 2017
Poor management with no advancement in pay or job. Over worked short staff not compensated many job coach employees are not trained well and dislike job with bad attitudes
Pros
work hours
Cons
low pay no perks
A good starter job
Senior Behavior Tutor (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMay 25, 2017
Working at the Judson Center can be a really good starter job. It provides you with a lot of experience with a plethora of different experiences in the field. If you are going for your BCBA you can also get your supervision hours done as you work. You can participate in research and learn a lot on the job.

Your experience there will depend greatly on the manager that you have (typical of any work place). Also, don't plan on making a meteoric rise up from behavior tutor. If you do get the opportunity to move up to a supervisor roll you may not be as thrilled with it as you might think. A majority of these experiences are not center wide so still jump in if you are looking to get into the behavioral field.
Pros
Experience, Research, Unique opportunities
Cons
Management, culture, advancement opportunities
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMay 16, 2017
Helping the consumers reach their ability was the best there were some good and bad days but over all it was a great place to work and have fun with my co-workers
Pros
Friendly enviorment
Cons
Short lunch
Wonderful place to be
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIApril 5, 2017
Wonderful place to volunteer at and be working one on one with the clients. Everyday was an adventure and was a delight to be a part of. Positive environment to be a part of.
Great experience in ABA program!
Behavior Tutor / Technician (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMarch 30, 2017
I have been employed with Judson Center Autism Connections for several years. I have found a career in the field of ABA because of this program. As a behavior tutor (sometimes called behavior technician or RBT), you mainly work directly with children with autism on-the-floor, while developing programming "off-the-floor." Most of your time (32-35 hours) is spent on-the-floor.

This job is a lot of work and may not be for everyone. Children with autism learn differently and it can be very challenging. It is not a "day care" type of job, but it is definitely worthwhile if you plan on being in this field as a BCBA (behavior analyst) or being in a similar field working with children with autism. It is also great experience for special education teachers, counseling, speech language pathology, and social work.
Pros
Fulfilling job, room for growth, BCBA supervision
Cons
Not much down time
Horrible place to work
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  RoyMarch 29, 2017
Judson center (Autism Connections) is a horrible place to work. The supervisors are unprofessional. The behavior tutors are overworked and underpaid. Unless you are friends with other supervisors there is no room for growth at this job, no matter how dedicated or how hard you work. Leaving this company was one of the best decisions I made for my personal and professional growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Judson Center. Our community is ready to answer.