Judson Center Employee Reviews

Judson Center at the Redford location is a stressful and overwhelming work environment
FTBS Workee (Former Employee) –  Redford, MIApril 8, 2019
The only benefit from working for the Judson Center FTBS program at the Redford, is the flexibility and the benefit package. However, the workplace environment is very stressful and overwhelming and it's not worth the amount of pay. The supervisor and management are very unprofessional.
Okay place to work
FTBS Family Worker (Current Employee) –  Redford, MIMarch 4, 2019
The pay is low just like any other agency however the benefits are great. It would be nice if we could earn enough money to live comfortably. Management is 50/50. I've had wonderful managers and I've had some who may need to take medications to stabilize their moods. Upper management is not the greatest at handling conflict. The job itself is rewarding but work life balance can suffer because you are always on call.
Pros
Working from home, setting your own hours, benefits package
Cons
Low wages, poor management
Excellent Place for professional and personal growth.
Parent Partner (Current Employee) –  Genesee County, MIJanuary 16, 2019
Judson Center is an excellent place to work, as there are opportunities to learn an grow on a daily basis. It has been my experience that all levels of management desire employees to grow professionally, as well as personally.
Judson is a ok place to work at
Performance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 14, 2019
Management is an issue when it comes to explaining things or when it comes to helping the employ. They have a very blind eye to certain people till it costs them money.
Judson center Royal Oak, Michigan
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Judson Center Royal Oak, michiganJanuary 14, 2019
I really enjoyed working for Judson Center, I enjoyed working with developmentally disabled every day. I was a site supervisor, job coach, job developer and an advocate for our people. I traveled every day to the site in Walled Lake where i would greet our consumers and staff. We would hold meetings weekly.
Pros
Great benefits
Good experience terrible management
Behavior Tutor (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 13, 2019
Management plays favorites. It’s good experience, but SBTs and BCBAs can be very lazy and not hands on. There are no breaks during a shift and a very high turnover of staff.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
No breaks and not the best pay
Summer Program Assitant
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 2, 2018
I wouldn't mind working for this company again. The atmosphere was so opened and friendly. This a very humbling experience to work with individuals with ASD.
Good job for an independent worker
Case Manager In Home Program (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MINovember 7, 2018
A flexible schedule, but stressful demanding job. Intense caseload working with children with mental health issues. Often times the job includes working with dysfunctional families that are deficient both economically and educationally.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
low pay
Run
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redford, MIOctober 25, 2018
Run do not walk. Unprofessional, poor management. Only care about money and not the families. They do not train the management team well. Poor leadership No raises in 3 years.
Fun fast paced environment.
Youth Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 11, 2018
Fun environment and fun loving environment. Outings and recreation were enjoyable. Schedules hygiene, medicine, showers, and room cleans all recorded into daily log book..
Pros
Free food and clothing.
Cons
Short of staff and tardiness of staff at times.
Interview and hiring process is horrible.
Families First Worker (Former Employee) –  Redford, MIJune 18, 2018
Interview and hiring process is horrible. The pay is less than you deserve if you have more than enough experience and they dont let candidates know what paperwork needs to be turned in when it needs to be turned in. Then they want you to drive your personal vehicle to transport clients and be available 24/7.
For high schoolers
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 12, 2018
Not a job I would ever go back to. Seems as though they are only in it for the money. Concerns were made known about clients and nothing ever done about it.
Cultural Issues
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMay 8, 2018
The agency seeks to change the culture and to prevent rampant staff turnover; however, they do not seem to understand that a lot of the culture is perpetuated from the leadership.
I was an intern.
(Internship) Help (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 5, 2018
I was an intern, and I shadowed other social workers in the field. I was able to assist with paperwork. I enjoyed my time there learning and understanding the field.
I love Judson Center
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIFebruary 27, 2018
A typical day was working alonside the client and assisting with job responsibilities. I learned that a lot by interacting with the client. The hardest part of the job was making sure the client understood how to perform the job. The most enjoyable part was seeing and them perform the job and exceeding expectations.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Little Pay
Good for experience, not good for the long term.
Behavior Tutor (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIFebruary 25, 2018
This job is great if you just want experience in ABA, but not a place for a career. The BCBA I had would come up with behavior plans on the spot for one client so you never really knew what to do when there was problem behavior. The turn over rate is crazy and your bonus after 6 months is not guaranteed. Some teams are short staffed and over worked. You're better off going somewhere else due to the fact that building was not really made to be an ABA center when there are offices just around the corner.
Pros
Team support
Cons
50 minute breaks that were not even breaks
Good location within 13 miles from home
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 14, 2018
A typical day on the job was assisting the consumer with their daily living, provided safety and comfort. Provide assistance basic duties such as bathing, dressing, grooming and eating. I transported consumer to and from outside workshops. Helped with home management tasks such as preparing meals, and cleaning. Management planned meals and did monthly grocery shopping. Management was fair and professional.

The workplace culture was that of team work and support for the good of the consumers. This made the job satisfying and rewarding. The physical requirement was the most difficult.

I've learned the importance of the HIPPA Law and the need for compassion.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work.
Cons
No paid vacation time or opportunity for full time employment
Development Intern
Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 11, 2018
I loved working as a development intern at the Judson Center! My mentor taught me everything that I needed to know about working in the non-profit industry. I wrote stories for their newsletter and had the opportunity to interview great people.
clients great staff not so great
Program Assistant Emerging adults summer program (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 4, 2017
Dirty and super unorganized. The clients were incredible but the program was completely unorganized and the place was filthy. There was never enough cleaning supplies and it was nearly impossible to get supplies needed to keep the place clean.
Decent place to work
Autism Connections employee (Former Employee) –  Royal OakNovember 17, 2017
Worked for the Autism Connections program for many years. It's a very stressful job at any level as you are working with students with problem behavior (ranging from simple crying to severe aggression/self-injury). Support from administration was minimal (as you would expect from any program not run by clinicians) but overall - a good place to work.
Pros
Great experiences, nice location
Cons
not a ton of room for professional growth, low end of the salary spectrum

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Judson Center. Our community is ready to answer.