JumpBunch

Working at JumpBunch: 21 Reviews

United States21 reviews

fungreatjobworkchildworkingtimemanagement

Energetic and Positive work environment

My experience with JumpBunch was a very positive one. I have always had a love for fitness and children, and being able to converge both interests into a job was incredible. The management was organized and honest, and the hours were fair and reliable.

Pros

Great pay, fun work

Cons

lots of travel hours

A sense of belonging

This job is awesome! Working with the kids was a humbling and rewarding experience. The management was the best management I have been apart of, they make you feel like you belong. The hours are super flexible and can be well managed in an easy and adaptable schedule! Great place to work.

Pros

Flexible, Easy Hours

Cons

No room for advancement

JumpBunch insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment

fun and physical job

JumpBunch is a great place to work! It is a great job option for parents who are interested in working a few hours while kids are at school or college students looking for a part time job. The hours are mainly 9am to 1pm. The franchise owners are exceptional bosses, as well as the fellow staff members being a great group to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fun and fitness you get to share with the many children you coach.

Great work place. Everyone is great to work with.

I can't say anything bad about this company. This company is great, fun and stress free. You have the freedom to run your classes and still fallow the criteria that is given to you. This is a very fulfilling job to make a great impression on little children

Amazing Part Time Job

JumpBunch is a great part time job that I would recommend to anyone. The pay is great, and they even pay you for your drive time since you are traveling from school to school.

Pros

Paid for Drive Time

Cons

Driving to different locations

Fun and Wonderful Management & Team

I work for the JumpBunch Northern VA branch and absolutely LOVE IT!!!!! The owner is phenomenal and really shows how much she cares about her employees. I could not ask for more. It is such an amazing job and I get so excited when I go to my favorite schools and see all of my 'babies' :D PLUS, the CEO is cool :)

Pros

Fun, Flexible Work Schedule, Phenomenal Management, Staff Meetings, Incentives

Cons

No Job Advancement

great company to work for

creative way to help kids learn leadership skills, team work and gain confidence through different and fun activities each week. We visit different schools each week where we teach the kids the basic of each sport we present.

Pros

great co-workers

Great Experiences

Great experiences learning to work with kids in a exercise environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing smiles on their faces as they learn exercises to help improve their well beings.

Fun work environment

Great stepping stone with working with children. Such a great company to work for part time during college to learn life skills and time management. Staff was a pleasure to work with.

Great company

Jumpunch is a great company that helps both the employee and the students. Work was fun and easily manageable. as an instructor i would take an after school class of up to 30 children and teach them various physical activites in a fun and active way.

Kind, understanding leadership; pick your own schedule; incredibly fun

If you are an artist or someone pursuing work in an industry that doesn't necessarily cover the bills, JumpBunch is the perfect place to go for part-time work. With an hourly rate of $25/hr, you can work a minimal amount of hours -- spending your free time focused on your other passions -- while still making a reasonable income. The work is incredibly fun and rewarding. Preschoolers can often be a handful, but at JumpBunch you nearly always have a classroom teacher on hand to deal with bathroom break, dirty diapers, temper tantrums, and anything else that might distract from the other students' experience. With most classes being 30 minutes, and others being 90 at the most, you tend to get the best of the kids before they get tired and/or grumpy later on. The hardest part of the job was commuting -- I lived in DC while most classes were in Maryland, but the pay was so good that gas wasn't a real issue and I was always able to review my lesson plans on the way over. While interactions with other coaches was limited (we typically taught classes on our own) the director of the program and her assistant are phenomenal to work with. They expect the best of you, and assume you expect the same of yourself. When my car broke down, they were incredibly understanding about my missing the class the next day and they always cared about our experience and that we felt supported, prepared, and excited to teach each day.

Fun and rewarding career

I owned the business so I had total control over the management, compensation and work/life balance. As a start up, the position is high risk and the compensation is unreliable. However, the work is rewarding and fun.

Managment

Great! and down to earth management and insure your work is going well for you as well as the company. If you love working with kids and enjoy contract work then this is the job for you!

great company to work for

I work with children from the ages of usually 2 to 5 years old, we start the class off with a warm up and basic exercise, I then teach them the sport or activity that we have for the day. Watching the children grow and accomplish new things is what makes this a great job.

Fun and great job working with kids

Fun job working with kids. Peers and co workers were wonderful. Although the hours are flexible, there were not enough hours unless you are willing to drive far.

Pros

Working with kids

Cons

Very part time job--Not enough hours unless willing to drive

productive and fun place working with kids

the job was great fro the most part because you get paid to hangout with kids all day. unfortunetly, i feel like i was fired for no reason. i feel like i wasnt given time to warm up and show what i really had. basically. your a gym teacher for day cares and preschools. you play silly games with the kids all while keeping them active and occupied.

Wonderful place to work

If you need part time work and want a great boss this is the place. I love working for jumpbunch charleston. If it was full time I don't think I'd ever leave this job. You mostly work by yourself so even if your coworkers are terrible that doesn't effect you. The worst part is the driving, but it's very manageable and you get reimbursed for driving. I love watching the kids grow and learn.

Pros

good pay, excellent management, fun, easy to learn the job

Cons

a lot of driving

Exciting and rewarding program

I get to teach sports and fitness to kids. I get to see the progression of kids in all aspects of growth including gross/fine motor skills. The work environment is great, we travel from daycare to daycare teaching new and interesting children.

Pros

Exercise

Cons

Lack of hours

Wonderful Job Environment

A typical work day consisted of teaching 3 or more 30-45 minute sport classes to children between the ages of 18 months and 5 years. It was my job to help children learn different sports and engage their imagination and eagerness to learn. Every day consisted of teaching a different sport and helping children to see how fitness can be fun! Upper management was astounding. They were always there for proper guidance and strove to make sure all coaches were completely prepared for the classes they were to teach. As far as co-workers, you couldn't ask for better. There was nothing more fun than working with another coach. They were able to add input to your everyday routine and help you see how you could switch things up. The most difficult part of the job was the physical strain. I was a very busy coach and spent at least 20 hours a week exercising and jumping around. Obviously, the best part of the job was the children. I essentially got to play with them and get paid to do it! What better way is there to spend the day?

Cons

Physically exhausting

Fun and Enjoyable place to work.

Learned how to manage a group of kids and incorporate fitness and fun into the classes.

Fun, high-energy environment and wonderful supervisor

Working as a communications and hiring coordinator for JumpBunch gave me a wonderful opportunity to interview and screen candidates for a paid position which would require interaction with young children ages 2 – 5. It required an energetic, playful, and dedicated professional to keep 10 – 15 children engaged at one time. I enabled JumpBunch to hire a competent professional who complemented the company’s mission – to provide structured physical activity to young minds and bodies.

Pros

great pay, professional supervisor, working with kids

Cons

no opportunity for job growth without a car

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JumpBunch. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about JumpBunch in popular locations

• JumpBunch