Junior Library Guild Employee Reviews

Great people work here
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Plain City, OHMay 22, 2017
Great schedule that allows for great work/life balance. Extremely committed and professional managers. Wonderful coworkers create upbeat and positive work environment.
so-so sales job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plain City, OHApril 5, 2017
I worked for them for 6 months. within 1 month, 2 managers quit, and another one got fired. Shortly after I left, the fired the GM, and brought in a new guy. Pay plan changed several times, and you get territory that hasn't been funded in years, yet you have to call them and try to get them to spend money they don't have. Although I had somewhat bad areas to work with, I was able to make OK money. There are several slow times a year that make it hard to make money, and a few months where the picking is good. The management was very, very bad. A lot of the employees were bitter, and were terrible sales people. If you can not create urgency, you won't do well. If you are an order taker, you won't do a good job. If you can close, you may be able to make a livable wage.

after 6 months, you basically tell them what you want them to pay you, but you better sell, because you have to pay it back out of sales and may be too far in debt to keep your job. They will fire you.

The inside of that place was a dread, and some of the washed up people you work with, will make you want to stay home.

They are very petty there. I was a top producer, yet they would give me a hard time over small things, but let other people slide. I am a male, and even women there said they were sexiest. I couldn't work for a company that I was a top seller, and they were busting my balls all the time over being 2 minutes late from a break, etc.

If you don't mind sitting in the same spot all day, calling the same numbers over and over again, and you can actually close, you should make around 50K a year.
  more... I would average $200 a day, and even made $850 in one day.

If you can avoid some of the people there, and you have a good attitude, I would work there. If sales is not really your thing, I would pass on working here.
Pros
SEMI flexible hours as long as your get your 40
Cons
Management, located far from a lot for lunch, sloppy co workers, lead quality
Bad Management
E-book Coordinator/Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plain City, OHApril 21, 2016
I worked for JLG a little over a year. I was hired on as an Ebook Coordinator. My background was a technology specialist for a library I absolutely loved. From day one the company didn't even have my job developed enough for me to start working, so I just did busy work until the site was completed. When I finally did get started I was offered no training by my supervisor and basically thrown to the wolves. I was given many other responsibilities that were not my job and when I asked for help my supervisor pulled me in telling me I must not know how to multitask. If all this was not enough through no fault of my own the ebooks didn't take off. They demoted me and took away a big portion of my pay, yet I was still required to do all my current task plus take on more. I immediately started searching for a new job and am happy to say I love where I work.

So think about it before you apply to any customer service positions here because $10.00 an hour isn't worth it!
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Terrible management, bad pay
Monitoring
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plain City, OHJuly 26, 2013
Very friendly working environment. Above average customer sales.
Casual place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plain City, OHMay 13, 2013
If you like to read it is a great place to work. JLG sells books of all reading levels. Everyone is friendly.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No bonus program anymore

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Junior Library Guild. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight