Juniper Networks Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Maintenance Tech
Maintenance Technician III (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 26, 2018
Maintenance Tech, the day can vary from painting, to HVAC repairs, setting up for corporate meeting, changing filter on HVAC units, HVAC round, we have 6 building to maintain
Juniper Summary
Profession Services Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  San JoseJune 18, 2018
Juniper - terminated me after 11 years , 2 days after I had come back from medical leave.

I enjoyed the people . The salary was good . When it comes to fine tuning the workforce, I consider what they did pretty immoral. At the very least with 11 years of experience they could have let me look around the company for another job.

At termination, I was disconnected from company website in 15 minutes time. My laptop, Juniper's laptop was remotely turned down within the day. With 11 years of service I was terminated within 3 days after coming back from a medical leave of 6 weeks.... Not very nice!
Strong Service Provider company
Director of Sales and Operations (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 31, 2018
The company has always been focused on this market and it remains to break the chain. The security market is the company continues to focus on to deploy software-based products which seem to be picking up tractions, after a 3 year period.
Pros
Event
Cons
Manager direction
great place to work
Senior System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 30, 2018
Juniper is a great place to work. They allow for growth and flexible hours. The people encourage each other and go out of their way to help you succeed.
Challenging work
Senior Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Juniper pays for performance. No work/life balance. 12-14 hour days very common. Management very hands off, run your business and you will make money. Great people, really smart. CEO is trying to move company in the right direction to grow. If they could get work/life balance correct, would be one of the best places to work.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
work/live balance
good pay, average otherwise
Software Engineer Sr. Staff (Former Employee) –  westford maMay 11, 2018
juniper pay is better than average. company performance in the market is mediocre. stock price hasn't moved in 20 years.

nothing interesting happens except in the sunnyvale office. there are hardly ever interesting openings in other locations.
Great place to learn
Network Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, FLMay 9, 2018
I have worked for Juniper Networks twice in my career and enjoyed every little bit. I left due to urgent family issues but given chance I would work for them again.
$5B Start Up
Procurement (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 6, 2018
Lots of processes to created and implemented. Very much focused on how the develop better products from an engineering perspective. Lots of changes on the company culture.
Good People to work with and for
Cable/MSO Senior Major Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2018
Enjoyed working with the people and enabled myself to expand my career knowledge. Company needs to balance product knowledge transfer to regional personnel in providing appropriate product target market areas.
Great technology but weak enterprise sales strategy
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2018
Outstanding technology and product development program. Service Provider market execution is great. Sales strategy and channel for the enterprise market is weak and inconsistent.
Great Company
Senior Solution Consultant (Current Employee) –  Home BasedApril 17, 2018
Love working for Juniper Networks. Great flexibility and freedom to innovate. There are a lot of people coming and going as it seems to be the norm for silicon valley companies.
Pros
flexible work schedule, great manager
Cons
transition from hardware company to software company is painful
Juniper Review
SR Account Manager, Department of Justice (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 13, 2018
Not female friendly at all. Women are being scrutinized existentially over male counterparts under new management. Prior to that I was thriving in job
SR. STAFF HARDWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 2, 2018
Lots of challenges work life balance good benefits
new things to learn and work on
flexile timings
most enjoyable part of the work is the flexibility of defining your goal
Pros
work life balance good benefits
Cons
job security
Unrealistic R&D planning
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  USMarch 29, 2018
Unrealistic engineering schedules, invite shortcuts in features and quality. Software releases rely on cumbersome tools and compressed schedules that chronically fall behind.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinley Hill, PhilippinesMarch 28, 2018
I worked for CSS, not Juniper networks. Juniper was the client of CSS. both CSS and Juniper are great companies. /. In fact they were the best I worked for in the Philippines.
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 20, 2018
Juniper has a strong engineering culture and many smart engineers. Juniper has many informal meeting and beer bashes that help building a strong culture. There is also a strong focus on 1on1 meetings that helps getting the organization aligned.
Very nice company to work
A Customer Focused Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 13, 2018
Very nice company to work, very good work environment, good work-life balance, good place to learn, salary is also good.
I would recommend this company to join.
Poor work environment. weak management team.
SENIOR MANAGER - MANUFACTURING OPS-SUPPLY CHAIN (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAMarch 9, 2018
Little opportunity for growth. Fragmented organization with very little structure. No consideration of work life balance although talked about often.
Good Company to work at
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 8, 2018
Opportunity to work on very interesting projects.
Very smart Engineers.
Good work life balance.
Lacks new ways of doing things. Legacy stuff need to be shaken.
Good company but on the path to beome bad.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 1, 2018
culture is not attractive. Job advancement is limited. Top management is not fit. Innovation is taking the back seat. Company is losing the edge to competition.