Juniper Networks

United States287 reviews

Juniper Networks insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

Great place to work.

This is a great place to work and professional staff. I've learned a great deal working here. I had the opportunity to use my social media skill and knowledge.

Truly the worst place I’ve ever worked

I’ve never been so disrespected so early right off the bat. It’s done out in the open so that should tell you something about work culture. I regret leaving my secure job with my respectful boss. What a mistake I made.

Pros

The pay is ok

Cons

Disrespect towards female employees

Toxic positive culture

Toxic positive culture. Leadership says they hear but do nothing about the toxic environment. Work/life balance is nonexistent. More people leave and their responsibilities get pushed on everyone who remains…

Great place to learn!

Juniper networks is a great place to level up as a network engineer. You are surrounded by people who work on complex networks/technologies and you get to see the guts of how products work.

Pros

Learning Opportunities

Repetitive, mindless

Not a fun place to work. Job was typical dial and smile type company. High turnover in sales department due to low pay, disorganization, and little growth.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Supportive team with focus on customer success

This is a company who cares for customers and employees alike. Through mentoring, tools, and support, Juniper nurtures and grows employees to create and support newest technologies and make them accessible to customers ahead of their competition.

not good

mediocre company with no growth. Stock price has been stagnant over the years. better to avoid. no professional growth, lot of red tape processes. juniper

Pros

holidays

Cons

low TC

Fun work environment

Good place to stop by in career advancement, good bonus and benefits. Beautiful campus and fun employee engagement events. Flexible schedule and work environment

Productive and warm place to work

Juniper Networks had a great company culture, with everyone contributing to an inviting and exciting workplace environment. They support your long term career desires

Pros

sick pay, company wellness days

Cons

no 401k or stock options for interns

its a great company to work for

great company, great benefits, great peoplenot much negative about this company they are delivering on most of their promises culture is really good

Diversity, Nice Cafeteria, Gym plus more

A Top Notch High Tech company to work. Goal oriented and focused to meet the Target date on all projects. well managed. Trainings program available at all time

Great Company

Been with Juniper for the past 13 years.Excellent work life balance.Work from home is an excellent option.Employees have lot of freedom.Juniper pays great.Work is classic.Good Health, vision, Dental insurances.

Ok

They are behind Cisco in technology and development resources . Security is lacking and I have had 6 managers in 14 months . We are a great company who can do so much better

Pros

Great training

Cons

Too political

Hard Working, focused operations environment.

I enjoyed my time at Juniper and found the environment to be supportive as well of objective driven. I always knew where I stood, although some felt that the "politics" we a little hazy. I was happy to be there until the day that a large cost driven layoff happened to me. Even then, I felt that Juniper took care of those they let go and supported me through the process of finding another job.

Pros

No free lunches. Flexible work environment. Clear objectives. Bottom line driven.

Cons

I found it hard to move between job types.

Productive and fun place to work

Primarily worked as Network Lab Engineer and coordinated projects focused on Juniper JTAC team. Assignments also included but not limited to taking up cases and provide technical support to customers for issues related to specific Juniper product(s) (M/T/J series routers) Managed ticket queue for service requests by internal personnel and built network topologies to replicate customer issues. Communicated between customers and ATAC/escalation teams for tracking progress of customer cases and quality of work.

Creative - leading edge technology

Sometimes Juniper Networks sellers and SE's get caught up in leading edge vs what's going to sell to market. Engineering focus company versus sales lead company.

Awesome place to work and great work life balance

Good company to start career and can maintain great work life balance growth is good and lots of learning. Good facilities are provided by the company.

Interesting technology, but definitely a good old boy culture valuing those based in California far ahead of the rest of the work force.

Appreciated the opportunity to engage with those around the globe. However, the hours this required were often very long exceeding 80 hours a week. Everything was a priority and nothing was ever removed from the priority list. Women are not well represented in leadership positions from director on up. Talented women are driven out through exclusion.

Great place to work and grow professionally

Had a great manager and mentor. Enjoyed working with managers and VPs across R&D groups. Good people. Good culture generally speaking...................this was all true during my time at Juniper: 2013 to 2016.

Pros

Culture and the people

Cons

Lack of growth...particularly in security business. Stagnant stock.

Good experience

Good manager, helping colleagues, new project, cafeteria set up, new vendors introduced, clients, employees engagement programs accomplished. Had problems at initial stages in operations of cafeteria but it was getting streamlined with help of my Managers assistance.

Great company to work with!

I strongly recommend Juniper Networks as a great place to work with. Excellent work and life balance. I enjoyed working with the managers in Juniper. The process is very streamlined and methodical.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Juniper Networks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
1.6Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Juniper Networks with

• Juniper Networks
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?