Jupiter Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive workplace in great location
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJune 27, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the location in sunny South Florida. A typical day at work was generally fast-paced in the mornings with more time for documentation in the afternoon. Management was friendly, positive and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was stress management and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
Great place to work!
Host (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJune 16, 2018
As a host, I am constantly on the go, which I love. My managers are great, they do their best to make sure you're happy. You get to learn all the ins and outs of the whole area that you work in so you can help in all areas of the kitchen, and floors. I truly enjoy my job, I highly recommend working here.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay
Nice place
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJune 14, 2018
Great place to work, good hospital but manager at the time of employment was not a team player therefore I used my resources and found a new job for myself
Jmc
Physical Therapist Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJune 11, 2018
Jupiter Medical Center was an excellent place for my 1st internship and I gained a lot of experience with treating patients with multiple, complex diagnosis'
I love working at Jupiter
Assistant Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Jupiter FloridaJune 7, 2018
My floor is extremely busy and I work with some great staff members. I just wish mgmt was more encouraging instead of so negative. We work very hard and do not receive enough encouragement that we are doing a great job.
Excellent well-run hospital
Case Manager/Data Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMay 19, 2018
Best run hospital in the area. Growing by leaps and bounds. Not for profit and has many generous donors. The CEO I worked under has since left so cannot speak for current one.
Pros
Great benefits, very fair working conditions
Busy all the time
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMay 7, 2018
Stressful and management have there favoritism toward people who are NOT Haitian and the Haitian are really rude to work with and u can't say anything because they make u feel like u the one having the problem with ur team members
Pros
Good food
Cons
Haitians are RUDE and they barely speak English
N/a
Registered Nurse Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 18, 2018
Seasonal Nurse in the ED. Contract ends in May . Great hospital. One of the few non profits around . Good management and staff . Teamwork is great. Quality care and safety for patients and staff .
A good place to work for.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLApril 16, 2018
Jupiter Medical Center is a good place to work for. the workload is manageable most times. Employees generally work well together. Management is not always is the way of work.
Poor management and very stressful
Histology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMarch 20, 2018
Under staff, very poor management and very poor quality. It use to be a very good place to work, not anymore. Too many changes which requires staff reduction. Budgets and salary cuts which lead to inexperienced staff.
Pros
Good cafeteria
Cons
Under staff and poor job quality
Exercise Science Intern
Exercise Science Intern (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 20, 2018
My time at JMC was incredible. I was able to learn so much about training programs, physical therapy, occupational therapy, aquatics, and much more. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Fast paced, collaborative environment
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMarch 13, 2018
Working at Jupiter Medical Center is a pleasure because the co-workers are phenomenal. The managers can be a little more interpersonal and show more empathy and overall support verbally. The environment is clean and comfortable.
Needs improvement
Staff RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMarch 7, 2018
Short staffed often, ICU nurses 1:3 patients; teamwork sporadic; management weak; terrible floating policies; behind most other hospitals in medical supplies and advancements. A lot of nepotism.
Pros
Cafeteria open for nightshift
Cons
Not an advocate of nursing staff
Corporate culture will be better with changes in upper management
Director (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMarch 6, 2018
Lots of great people and opportunity. Now that there are changes in management - physicians and employees it will be much happier. Excellent company and footprint in the community. New CEO will be great for this hospital/community.
used to be a great place to work
RN Tele/Relief Charge (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FL 33458February 20, 2018
loved working there for many of the years I was employed there. the people I worked with for many of those years were great. fun to work with. we all had each others back at all times. everyone was happy.
I meet some wonderful people
Patient Account Billing/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLFebruary 17, 2018
Review of edits for claim processing, including appropriate corrections for missing diagnosis, CPT, modifiers & authorizations, eligibility rejections. Daily reviews work and clearance of electronic filed claims edits
Supportive, family atmosphere
Case Management/ Discharge Nurse Navigator (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLFebruary 8, 2018
The CEO and leadership culture ensures that the employees feel heard and are heard. The winter season is most challenging due to increased patient census.
The workplace culture is one of a family and most employees are helpful in new situations.
Each year, at the time of Nurse's Week the hospital has a hospital wide dinner on the grounds to honor each employees contribution.
Pros
Employee voice heard, decreased luch prices
Cons
Job orientation needs to be better organized, monetary investment in certification in work area
Verification specialist
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLFebruary 4, 2018
The job was great, I loved it. I loved the people I worked with however we were over worked and very underpaid. Even after 1 year when I was promoted the pay was still not enough to pay my mortgage plus all my bills
Pros
great staff and managers
Cons
low pay
Organization of Knowledge
RIM (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLFebruary 2, 2018
Loved working at JMC. They truly encompass an organization that promotes its' team members, through cross-training and/or education. I was able to walk away with valuable knowledge about the organization as a whole as opposed to solely learning the duties involved with my specific role.
Relaxed hospital volunteer environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Helped doctors and nurses assist patients in the hospital. I also delivered flowers to patient and brought blood/excretory samples to the lab. I greatly enjoyed helping patients and putting smiles on their faces during their stay at the hospital.