Jurassic Quest Employee Reviews

fun place to work a weekend job - fast pace
Jurassic Quest worker (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSOctober 8, 2018
Typical day - helping children on and off rides by strapping them in.
Children are very impatient
My boss was very cool! He was very easy to talk to.
Children were the hardest and the best part of the job.
Pros
working with children and families
Cons
short breaks, less pay
fun work environment
Editor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2018
it was a great place to work. I had a lot of fun. I met a lot of great people. I met my future wife, and we are happy. I really appreciate everything the company gave to me.
Easy Payday
Fossils (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 15, 2018
All you had to do to was stay off your cell phone for a few: the reward would have been cash but this simple request kept some as broke as their Friends
Pros
Did Next to Nothing
Cons
Pushy Visitors Who Think They're Entitled to Get Right Past You
Amazingly fun job with awesome employees!
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYSeptember 11, 2018
It was fast paced and pretty crazy, but definitely fun. The permanent staff was super caring and understanding. It was definitely tough work and kept you on your feet, totally worth it to see all those kids have a blast!
Pros
Basically get to play with dinosaurs all day and make kids smile.
Cons
Sooooo many stairs.
Very Fast Paced with friendly Co workers
San Antonio - Pucker Powder Cashier/Maker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2018
Jurassic Quest is one of the only job that REALLY insures that you get your money's worth, if for some reason you feel as though you need to take a break or NEED to take a day off then they will cooperate with you as best that t hey can.
Pros
Get the amount of money that you earned, and friendly workers, plus a free visit to the Exhibit.
Cons
Long time to stand up, have to sometimes deal with rude customers.
You get to know a lot of people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2018
It's a well paced job. All of the staff are kind. You get along with the your fellow associates better. You experience new things. You have to be focus and ready for the next person or child to come forth. You have to be able to stand for long periods of time.
Worked a week in 3 days as a temp worker
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 1, 2018
The hourly wage was $11. I was paid the correct amount at the end of the 3 day show. The shifts were 7 hours on Friday & 12 hours on Sat/Sun during which I was given 3 15 minute breaks and an unpaid 30 minute lunch. It can be difficult to find the people you're required to sign out with at the end of the shift, because it is a big event and they're very busy. Make sure you find them though, or you will not get paid for those hours. You'll be given their cell numbers but they may not answer you. Go to the office and wait until one of two managers can sign you out. You cannot leave your station to urinate or do anything else unless you're on a break. If you leave, they consider you as abandoning your post. Be punctual coming back from breaks or they may cut you loose early or totally. This is very important. Bring food with you. You can snack and have a drink at your station. Bring hand wipes that kill kid germs. They do not provide any. All the kids were great. Most parents were also but there were some parents who treated you like you owe them something. The ticket prices are on the higher side, so be prepared for a few angry/disgruntled parents, not to mention the ones that refuse to help their own children. They expect you to be a babysitter and teacher. Most were not like this though, thankfully. You'll get a used previously worn but laundered tshirt to wear. Bring it back or they charge you $20 for a used shirt. Be advised that nobody is really doing background checks on other workers. Some have questionable actions. Lock up your things that matter to you. Do not expect  more... to be on your phone at your station. You'll be dismissed. Also, you get a few minutes of instruction on the task you're assigned to and then your area manager disappears. If you need anything at all, you are on your own. Nobody will be "holding your hand".  less
Pros
Decent wage paid correctly if you follow the rules
Cons
See above
Fun traveling job, but with long 12hour shifts
Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXApril 29, 2018
Was a fun job to work if you didn’t have bills and didn’t get homesick, get to travel the country and make money. They paid for all the traveling and housing and we got $150 a week for food so you basically got to save money if you were smart about saving. The work was hard labor and worked 12 hour shifts. Having to do multiple tasks to get the job done, from loading or unloading trucks, setting up scene, gating off scenes, constructing lines and stations for the customers.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
12 hour shifts
Interesting and exciting work atmosphere.
Customer Service/ Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2018
Unique and fast paced work environment. Creates an educational and exciting lifestyle with the opportunity of travel. Really enjoyed being able to work with other family oriented individuals!
Pros
exciting work environment, interesting brand
Cons
travel time
Fun and Great Place To Work
Usher; Balloon Builder; VIP Bag Attendant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 31, 2018
I was employed temporarily with Jurassic Quest when they came to Shreveport. Great people to work for. The management was really nice and helpful. The other people who worked there were also helpful and great! Management made sure that I was comfortable, & offered snacks as well. We were able to watch the shows on our breaks. This is a great opportunity for quick cash! I enjoyed working there so much, that if they would've asked me to travel with them, I would've gone! I would love to work for them again when they return!
Pros
Good Pay; Free Shows; Fun Work Environment; Great Management; Great Coworkers
Cons
Temporary Job

Want to know more about Jurassic Quest?

Ask a question
Surprisingly Fun
Temporary Face Painter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 20, 2018
This was a great weekend gig for some quick cash. The guy in charge of open interviews and overlooking our assigned roles was pleasant and showed true southern hospitality. He always made sure I was comfortable. The hours were quite long but it was so busy that it went by pretty fast.

I volunteered to be their temporary face painter and didn't think I had it in me but it worked out! The professional face painters were all really nice and helpful. Also made decent tip which I wasn't expecting. It was tough at times to face paint fidgety kids but their reactions after handing them the mirror were worth it.

I would definitely take the opportunity to do it again should they return next year.
All around outstanding !!
Temp (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMarch 5, 2018
They treat u like family .. The best kids job ever .. they make sure you fully understand your job before you are put at a station .. also great praise !! Awesome Awesome !!
Pros
Free family tickets
Cons
Lazy Temp workers lol
Great event
hired hand (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIFebruary 22, 2018
Worked a weekend event when in Mason Michigan. Had a blast and enjoyed the fast pace work as well as the visitors reactions. So fun and great experience.
Pros
great event manager
Cons
it was wrong time for outdoor event, snow/rain weather
12hrs was easy breazy!!!
Staff Relief (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 27, 2018
I went to different stations to relieve people. I love the job in itself so fast paced time flys. I got to do 5 different stations and it was great. Management is the best!! Love them will come work for them next year!!!
Pros
Everything pay, free bottled water, discounts in dinosaur store and free tickets to the show for the family
Cons
N/a
Fast paced fun
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 6, 2017
I worked as a temporary store clerk/security. This was a super fun job. The fast pace makes time fly. The merchandise was cool and has something for everyone. The recruiter/trainer was born to do this job and permanent employees were so helpful. It gave me my first experience in retail and I would work there again when they come to my town next year.
Pros
Store discounts and free tickets for family
Cons
It was a little understaffed
Stress full never stopping or home
Curation coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Long Work Days with long travel days. Very hard work at times and fast paced. The managers are great and they become a family. It would be great for someone that loves being on the road.
Be ready to hit the ground running
Temp Face Painter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 4, 2017
When working for Jurassic Quest, be ready to immediately engage with very young, excited children and their love for dinosaurs. I worked as a face painter and learned a lot of techniques from a couple of the permanent workers. If you can doodle, you can face paint! The days were long (roughly 8am to 8pm), but you can make a nice chunk of change in a weekend. The manager was nice and understanding if anyone had any concerns. The only negative was the seat I was sitting in was extremely uncomfortable for a long day, so I had some body aches for a few days afterwards. Also, since this is a temp job, and there is no formal interview process, some of the other temp workers can be a pain to work with (i.e. lazy, taking excessive and long breaks, using their phones while working).
Pros
Great pay, nice permanent employees
Cons
Some temp employees
Travel the country
Head Face Painter/Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 23, 2017
The job is hard work with long days, and long travel times.
You're away from home 47 weeks out if the year, but you get to travel almost all of the united states and get paid for it.
they pay for food, lodging and travel. If you can stand your coworkers, the management, hard work and being away from home, its worth the trouble.
Pros
Dental, Health insurance, per diem, hotels, travel paid
Cons
long days, hard work, travel 47 weeks out of the year, no personal time
Great First Job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJune 8, 2017
Jurassic Quest is a fairly new but strong company. They set up and operate a traveling dinosaur exhibit for children. The show is pretty big so you work pretty long hours. But the owners and upper managers are all very understanding, and they do their best to take care of their employees. Ultimately it is a great job, as long as you are okay with traveling.
Pros
Fun work, good owners, great for saving money, decent chance of advancement.
Cons
Hard to settle down, Drama between coworkers happens
Cool Irregular Job
Event Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2017
A typical day at work consist of 12-15 hours a day and 5-6 days a week. The company is a great and growing company. I've learned a lot about dinosaurs and I became Forklift Certified. I learned a lot about operations and whats needed to run this particular business. Management is not on the same page and I've witnessed people get fired without proper reasoning or facts for management reason for firing employees. Also write-ups do not fall off after 90 days like most companies. That is probably because it is a family owned business. The culture of the job is somewhat diverse. I am a diverse person, So I fit in. The hardest part of the job is working 60 hours a week every week. I do not have enough time for personal. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with children & traveling to a different city every week.