Just Born Employee Reviews

Fun but ok workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  National Harbor, MDFebruary 16, 2019
The hardest part of the job is staying on the managers good side. I've learned some things, such as being able to multitask and be more efficient for a daily day of work.
Pros
simple hours
Cons
short breaks, bad management, bias management
Still working for Justborn
Candy Packer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 15, 2019
It is going on three years now working for Just born. I enjoy working for this company and would really like to stay working for them. The pay is great best in my area. Benefits are ok,
Did not know one day from the next how hostile it would be
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 21, 2018
Keep to yourself do not join the Union. Do not get on the bad side of a manager or you're done for. Head of maintenance doesn't have a clue about machinery should not even be allowed on the floor. Your fellow so-called coworkers will stab you in the back in a minute to make themselves look good.this place was also known for saving the slackers they would turn a blind eye to people who did not do their jobs and then expect the real workers to pick up their slack. don't know how many times I saw people sleeping and so did the supervisor and did nothing about it. To sum it all up if I were you I would look for employment elsewhere unless it is just a pit stop to make some quick money until you find a real place to work. If you do work there do not listen to any of the Union reps they do not have a clue how the real world works.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Very volatile place to work watch your back.
Not a very positive place to work
Handler (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 15, 2018
Safety is not their #1 priority. Must be well liked by management otheriwise you're their target. Negative and drama filled work place. The job itself was at least decent if you keep to yourself.
Pros
Pay; Insurance
Cons
Management, Union
Fun working culture
PACKAGING ENGINEER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 11, 2018
I only worked there as an intern. I really enjoyed the working environment there. I feel the company culture values employee development and team building. I had the chance to attend meetings and make business travels.
Depends who you are and day of the week.
Sample Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 8, 2018
This “family-owned” company portrays its public image as caring and value oriented with rainbows and chicks decorating the outside. The same caring and giddy personalities aren’t inside those caked-on sugary walls. I guess I should clarify that your personal treatment depends on who you are, business or production side, and seriously, what day of the week it is. Production will be forced to cut corners, supervisors override QA for quality issues and communication is pretty nonexistent. Quality is NA and supervision doesn’t know anything or the ones that might know just want to retire and hide from their superiors. The place is toxic and not kept up to standard cleaning but then again shelf life on a peep is 200 years so... Management doesn’t follow rules, owners are burnt out and just want to retire to Maui, and HR runs the place how they want to. Doesn’t follow any rules the same way twice and pushes big problems under the rug. If you cause a big enough stink to annoy enough management they figure out a way to fire you or push you out. Never seen a candy facility need 10+HR associates for roughly 300 people!!! Was able to be apart of the strike, saw people turn on each other and now pensions are on the table. If I was a magic 8 ball I would read “outlook not so good” or maybe just “nope”. Place is toxic, and seriously who actually eats that stuff?
Pros
Free lunch coupons, lunch lady there sometimes, called a star, free handouts if office ppl, free samples
Cons
Everything else, management, figuring out who will like you today, unfair divide between areas
Machine operation
Molded Packaging Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 10, 2018
Typical work day was a stressful set of events that would be micromanaged and quickly penalized for erroneous result, with or without fault. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the unrealistic demands of ever increasing production numbers.
Great place to work in
Panner (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 18, 2018
Just Born was a great experience for me. Learned how to make candy and its process. Great Team work also great pay. Work is very labor intensive but you get the hang of it after a few weeks. Great training.
Great compensation on paper, high turnover!
Director of Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 19, 2018
High turnover rate. Burn out is bound to happen. Bad management. Work every weekend and depending on your boss, you are on call at all times. The life cycle on a manager is about 3 years...really!
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Burnout
Too much infighting
Vice President International Sales (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 29, 2017
I was a constant go-between between sales and marketing to help build a connective tissue between the two groups. The new CEO helped make that better. But it was toxic. They also had meetings after meetings which limited real productivity.
Pros
Excellent Health Care
Cons
The meeting culture.
Good
Maintenance Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 24, 2017
good, 8-12 hr 6 days a week. You work in a union setting. The associates are very friendly and help each other out. Some automation but mostly mechanical.
Good experience
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 11, 2017
Through my time with Just Born, I found may ground breaking opportunities to create standards for the ground up. While having these opportunities, it was challenging to have everyone embrace change. Driving change and improvements needs to be a company wide focus.
Pros
Peers
Cons
Stuck in their ways
Fair
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDMay 4, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a part-time job to break into the workforce. As a retail establishment, one should expect to work long and\or weekend hours.
Financial Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2017
The company is growing and changing to expand and adapt to changing business environment. Well managed. Dedication and innovation is recognized. Great place to work.
Fast paced environment with good pay
Panner 2 (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 12, 2017
Good place to make money, and the work isn't difficult. Management was fair, never had any issues. The hardest part was traveling from Philly everyday!
Good Environment, managment not the best
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 16, 2017
Typical day depends on where you work at. Some departments are physical while others are more metal. The people are great but management leave a little to be desired. It was a positive experience for me overall though.
Productive workplace with a fun attitude towards work needs
Mogul Operator (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day consists of operating a massive production machine maintaining a consistent flow of goods withing the facility. Management is constantly making sure the machines are running in an orderly fashion as well as making sure all operators are maintaining a good production flow, giving the opportunity to be trained on new machines as well as forklift operations and pallet jacks. The hardest part of operation the machines here is keeping them going full force without break downs it just takes a little focus and checking to keep a smooth operating machine
Pros
good work environment friendly people
Cons
heat down at the mogul areas summer time
An OK place to work
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 7, 2017
The largest Mom and Pop company in America. The place is a union shop which the union does little to nothing for the employee. My fellow employees were extremely knowledgeable and up - to - date with the latest technology.
Wonderful experience
Graphic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 9, 2016
Very positive environment with excellent support every day from co-workers and management in order to learn job responsibilities. Enjoyed my time there immensely.
Gained so much knowledge and experience.
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDOctober 26, 2016
Working there for as long as I did, I learned a lot about myself & a lot of work knowledge. Through the years I met some of my know closest friends. The workflow was up n down depending on the time of day.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Management was lackluster towards the end of my tenure.