Just Children Child Care Center Employee Reviews

Inconsistent and unprofessional
Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2018
Lack of children supervision. Teachers too busy talking about personal life instead of the children development. Could offer more training teachers for confidentially and professionalism.
Medford Just Children
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, NJApril 2, 2018
Simply put I would never work here again if the same 2 women are in charge. The main manager was not at all caring about her teachers or children or assistants. The only reason i enjoyed this job was they children and even they couldn't make me stay. They seemed to only care about their money and income.
Pros
Slow, relaxed work place, Children
Cons
Management, Pay, Hours
summer time is the best
Teacher Aid (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJanuary 23, 2018
working with young children can always be a challenge but with great bosses the jobs is well worth it the respect you get from taking care an keep there kids safe is a great feeling
Feels like home
Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 14, 2018
Great environment to work. Friendly staff, understanding supervision and awesome families! Pay could be a lot better..................................
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Horrible pay
fast-paced, productive
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hilltown, PANovember 15, 2017
A typical day would include taking care of children from infants to 5 years. Changing diapers, preparing snacks and lunch, supervising children all day as well as play time and outside time.
Loved the people I worked with
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJAugust 19, 2017
The work environment here was only bareable because of the coworkers. The mt. Laurel branch manager is very unprofessional. Expect to be called in or called out every other day of work.
Pros
If you love kids this is a good place to work
Cons
Short breaks, only part time positions, no room for advancement
Really nice place with easy going bosses
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2017
Center well staffed and directors very understanding the life of a working mother. Not a problem with short hours, being late or calling out. Amazing center with lots of toys and caring staff. Very clean and full of child sized equipment including toilets. Pay is worst thing about the job. Minimum wage, 10-15 cent raises yearly, and no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Pto, insurance, 401k, breaks, fair hours
Cons
very little pay
Depends on the location
Afternoon Teacher (Former Employee) –  Medford, NJMay 15, 2017
My workplace was full of drama, including the Director and her assistant. The people there were not friendly and thrived on drama. It was also dirty and should have been better cleaned for the kids.
Its was a good learning experience
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Telford, PAMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed being around the children and teaching them new things. I also learned a lot from the head teacher. I would prefer to work in a more laid back environment and I'm very good at cleaning I also enjoy it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Had no breaks
Good for people who need a flexible schedule.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2017
It's a rather light-hearted work environment and there are flexible hours for those who need that. The people are very nice, the job is fun for those who enjoy children, and it can be very rewarding.
Horrible place to work for
teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJDecember 10, 2015
Overall, a horrible place to work at. No need for breaks since the children eat so you can eat with them. No job benefits. The teachers treat you as if you're not useful. Most of them talk very badly to the children, director had spoke to the teachers in fear that parents would pull their students out of the daycare. The director was not very discreet when it came down to parents missing payments, would just put papers in the kids cubbies. The students were lovely. I miss the children in the program, however the teachers and the director need more expierence working with children at that age.
Pros
The children and parents
Cons
Everything else
Over the years the company went down hill
teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 9, 2015
I used to love working for Just Children but over the years the company went down hill. The would hire anyone off the street just to have a body in the classroom. The supervision was greatly lacking because the assistants were always on their cell phones. The director was never around. She arrived around 10am and than ran personal errands for part of the day. She usually left by 4 pm. She only stayed 2 nights per week to close the center. The parents never saw her. We were left to deal with any issues that arose with the parents.
When issues with staff were brought to directors attention she did nothing about it.
The place that I loved to work became a nightmare to walk into. It was all about the numbers and the money. We were told to keep sick children at the school and lie to the other parents because we needed the numbers.
When children would vomit and have fever we were told to hide them if a parent came to pick up their child so they didn't see the sick child. This place does not care about anything but the money.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Horrible pay, managment
Lack of computers and technology
Preschool teacher (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PASeptember 10, 2014
Teachers have very limited access to commuters. The staff get along very well together and there is a lot of flexibility to change positions here.

There is very little room for advancement. The salary is very very low.

The sanitation is questionable and not good for a child service environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule, no weekends or nights
Cons
high turnover, low salary, unhealthy work environment
Fun Work place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, PAMay 28, 2014
First it started off with punching in the time clock in the morning. Then it consisted of seeing a lot , laughing and crying kids. The morning consisted of all the children eating their breakfast and making sure that the ones playing were not killing one another. Once breakfast and play time was over, it was time for all the children to come and join circle time which, was very educational singing songs and reading a story and welcoming each child there that day. Eventually morning snack came a long and then clean up and would resume of playing outside weather permitting. When they came in from play the children would come in and wash their hand and get potty right before play/art. When the children got done with playing they would wash their hands again and get in a chair and each teacher, including myself would heat up and prepare their lunch for them and keep eye contact on them to make sure that lunch time was going smoothly. In the mean time another one of the teachers would start getting the mats out for nap time; after eating the children would go on their mats and would help each child fall asleep, mean while the children were sleeping , us teachers would do classroom cleaning, before you you are done everything the children are waking up and get ready to go to the bathroom and get stuff put away in order for us to take the children outside. Some times it can be cold out standing and watching the children play but other than that it's not to cold considering you watch all the children laugh, run, skip and just play. Now that we have been outside the children come in  more... and hang their coats up and then they play unitl the parents start picking them up one by one. By then after all the children have left the teacher that is left gets the classroom all shut down and turn out the lights and clock out to go home!  less
Pros
Smiling faces and children
Cons
getting skick a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Children Child Care Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3