Just Energy Employee Reviews

Good place but lacked management directions
OPERATIONS SPECIALIST I (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYApril 4, 2018
Just Energy is a good company but unfortunately it relocated back to Canada. The atmosphere was good but the management lacked in giving direction and guidance.
Top Company
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT MASS MARKET DIRECT SALES (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2018
Just Energy is the best company I have worked with in my 40 year employment history. From the Executive Chair of the Board of Directors down to mid level management the team and company culture is liked and respected. Compensation and benefits are excellent.
Pros
Rated 10+
Cons
N/a
Lay offs!
OPERATIONS SPECIALIST - REVENUE ASSURANCE (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYMarch 28, 2018
-Lack of management on all levels
-No training for new hires
-No on-going training
-Minimal communication of expectations and everything else
-Just closed 2 big operational offices with many lay offs
good place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2018
a typical work day starts off with logging in and being bombarded with customers calls ranging from payments to new service. however the day goes by pretty quickly
Just energy
CSR Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 27, 2018
I liked the job. It was competitive. The hours were not good. My bills were not getting paid. It was an light company. They told me it was good pay and it was but u had to make many sales to get it
Pros
Cons
anytime
Laid back comfortable environment
Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bingham, MIMarch 26, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Just Energy, the management staff were excellent at helping the Energy Advisors becoming the best at what we did. The pay wasn’t all that great especially since we were cross trained for multiple markets. My overall experience was great I miss my co workers so much.
Pros
Co workers knowledge excellent support
Cons
Low Wage’s
Don't fall for it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kew Gardens, NYMarch 24, 2018
This is an organization that goes door to door to get people to change their energy provider. You are only paid on commission for the number of contracts you can secure. The promises of great financial rewards are a mere pipe dream for most and you're out pounding the pavement for hours on end in all kinds of weather. My team leader was little better than an overbearing bully and there is considerable pressure to get out there every day and push for more contracts. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
One of the funnest jobs I've had
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 16, 2018
Loved this job. Had they not closed the Dayton office, I would probably still be there. Once we had to drive to Cincinnati every day, the compensation just wasn't there.
Pros
Felt like a family atmosphere
Cons
Dayton office closed
Good full time job
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 15, 2018
Outside a lot work at your own pace. Get dropped off in different citites and states and go door to door to sell green energy you’re by yourself or walking around with one co worker most of time
Pros
Work at your own pace a lot of insurance
Cons
Outside in blistering cold not a lot people like you
Sales company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMarch 15, 2018
Fun to work with different people and visit different neighborhoods. Very cut throat and performance based. 4 sales a week or you are fired kind of place, high turn over rate of employees.
I sold electricity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 7, 2018
They had really long work days. Pay was commission only. We did a training session every morning. Then they went out to sell electric supplier changes to many people - door to door. It did not cost anything to change but it would change the rate for how much it cost for electricity.
The Best Place I Have Ever Worked
Team Lead/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIMarch 2, 2018
The people I worked with were the best. Every day was full of laughter and warmth. The job wasn't difficult even though customer service has its down side there was always a comrade ready to boost you up to take the next call. Management staff made due and always made the office enjoyable for even the smallest of achievements. I understand why they are closing the office but I will miss this place probably for the rest of my life. I wish Just Energy the best of luck with it's future endeavors.
Pros
Best Staff.
Cons
Closing.
fast -pace
Account Management Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2018
report on time go to team meeting get work load then set goal for completion before business day end answer calls question from customer troubleshooting filing work paper copying fax deadlines .
no room for errors double check work

report work load to management

team work/ following rules and regulation makes workplace successful

knowing it was temporary

incentive rewards
Pros
rewards
Cons
temporary work
Door to Door Sales, Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Great staff. Awesome pay. New opportunities everyday. Great commission. Awesome eatery near. Fast paced. Very diveresd. Benefits are ok. The company is great to work for.
Quick to get on your feet!
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 27, 2018
This work place is a good place to start for those who have nothing to do and need a immediate full time job. respectful employees and you get to travel when you work hard.
This place needs a lot of work!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 25, 2018
I worked here for some time and as days went by. . . I slowly started to dislike everything about the way this company structured things. I wouldn't recommend working here unless your desperate for a job.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Management, Long Hours and hard cold travels
Okay place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2018
It was okay to work there. Felt like more organization was needed. Not really structured like you would think. Decent environment to work. Was inconsistent in a lot of things
my summary
Salesman (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2018
my summary of just energy is bad it was a commision base job that when they would pay you by how many people would join just energy wich i think sucks hardly no one wanted it you had to work outside in the cold they didnt pay your traiun fair
working at just energy
Regional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 16, 2018
love communication and meeting new vendors. Able to plan job fair at different locations. Would recommend all to this experience. Great for high school and college students.
Pros
bonuses
great sales enviromnment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJanuary 31, 2018
This is door to door sales at its finest. It is grueling hours and out in the elements. I learned a lot about sales and communication in general. Great opportunity to learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Energy. Our community is ready to answer.