Just Save Foods Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCApril 22, 2019
fun family frendly work enviornnent, very understanding of health and school schedules, also great about working with vacations and other actities i had planned
Pay was minimal
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 15, 2018
Cashiers were a jack of all trades employee. We were the janitors, stockers, problem solvers, and cashiers. The downfall was that minimum wage wasn't fair for the duties we had to do. The raises were sad. And the advancement didn't make since. If you were good at your job, they didn't move you up but kept you where you were at and promoted those that weren't that great at their job. Also, while I was pregnant, they made me bring in loads of carts from the outside and we didn't have that cart machine. Everything was powered by body strength.
Pros
Loved the customers
Cons
Underpaid
productivity
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 28, 2018
at just save i only worked 3 days or less a week. each shift being 5 or 6 hours. We had short 15 minute breaks and bought everything that we needed no discount or anything. the job isn't racially diverse and i already go to a school that isn't racially diverse. I've got the experience of grocery that's something good that came out of this. Management wise i feel like some managers really want to help you but others don't care if you're there or not
Pros
the experience
Cons
shorrt breaks, no discounts, management
I loved working there
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Ahoskie, NCAugust 12, 2018
I liked working there. I hated when we were told the store was closing. I worked with some nice people. I learned a lot from the employees. I miss my old coworkers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Healthcare
Good starter job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCMay 29, 2018
Don't receive very many hours but the hours are flexible so its great for those who go to school.
A good part time job until time to find something else.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very little hours, short break times
Great place for a High school student
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Graham, NCMay 27, 2018
This was my first job and best place to start. I was able to learn a lot about myself and understand what it was like having a job. Great staff and customers were awesome.
Not the best of places
Store clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2018
They need to stop hiring from outside to higher positions, and let everyone start at store level before they move up.
They under pay employees compared to other companies.
Pros
great flexible schedule with lots of room for growth
GROCERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Graham, NCFebruary 3, 2018
Everyday is different, always exciting new challenges, plenty of room for growth especially if you are willing to relocate.
some positions require a set shift and this can include late second shift or third shift positions,
Pros
ability to flex schedule, open available vacation time
Cons
poor management depending on location, seniority plays a large role in advancement and time off
Busy,fast paced,competitive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NCOctober 25, 2017
The hardest part of the day was having enough time to finalize our busy holiday seasons. Especially near the holidays the store was really busy and lots of customers.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
lots of walking
Just Save
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Graham, NCAugust 30, 2017
This is a good place to work. Work is often fast paced but easy to complete. The most difficult thing about this job as with any position that you interact with the public is that the customers may not always be pleasant.
Store closed
Dairy (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCAugust 9, 2017
This store is closed and cannot be recommended.

We seldom worked 40 hours per week. Pay raises had not been given since 2011.

The people were great to work with. Everyone was like a family
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
No raises no advancement
Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCAugust 4, 2017
Just save was an all right place to work. I enjoyed the customers most of all. The store was nice, but not always stocked properly.
Some of the employees where treated with special treatment.
Pros
Great customer base
Cons
short breake
Fun working with my co workers that will work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ahoskie, NCJuly 19, 2017
I loved my job when it came to working n serving my customers. I loved all my hrs n i had plenty of time with my family. I disliked the rascism that was going on in the store. Alot of unfair things was going on when it came to race n favoritism was going on.
Fun place to work, very easy going and laid back place and the people are great
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Graham, NCJuly 2, 2017
I loved my job here i only quit because i moved but the managment is nice, there very flexable with your hours and time and you learn alot about the public
Friendly workplace, but no hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCApril 25, 2017
The workplace environment was friendly. I simply left for the lack of hours I was receiving. I went to the managers various times trying to increase my hours, but nothing ever changed.
Just Save LLC Thomasville
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCFebruary 17, 2017
A typical day at work was that it was very easy but when it came to busy hours it's very intense. I learned how to keep track of my till, and how to demonstrate effective sale offers. The management was effective on their employees. The workplace and job culture was very bland because a lot of people would evoke too much of their personal feelings/opinions. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of all of the expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the new customers.
Great for beginners, pointless for more experienced workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, NCDecember 2, 2016
You will not likely get many hours working here, so if you are looking for a sustainable job this isn't it. When I was first hired I really enjoyed it, but now I am ready for more hours than 5-15 per week. Co-workers are great to be around though, all around an ok job but I would not recommend this to someone who is looking for 25-30 hours a week.
Pros
Nice co-workers, lots of free time.
Cons
No hours, no advancement, no feeling of "community"
Well balanced with an easy-going atmosphere
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, NCOctober 31, 2016
Stocking and blocking shelves,or cutting and pricing meat along with sweeping, scrubbing, buffing floors, and minor maintenance is a typical day at work. I have learned how to communicate with customers and co-workers in a friendly manner along with skills such as pallet jacks, mobile computers, balers,and scales. Management is great at working with your schedule, but not so much at operating the store. Co-workers are very friendly and easy going, but hard work is lacking. The hardest part of the job is the variety of customers that come in with varying attitudes and and feelings toward the employees.The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendships you build with co-workers and being able to help customers in any way I can.
Pros
Work with your schedule
Cons
The lack of drive and customers
Professional.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 26, 2016
Customers were respectful.
Managers responded quickly, but would talk about associates private information.
Paid breaks.
Nice and clean environment.
Pros
Paid breaks, clean environment.
Cons
Not very busy.
A fun and productive place to be apart of.
Cash Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, NCSeptember 16, 2016
A typical day at work would start a little slow on most days, then gradually becomes busy and slows down again by the end of the work day. My co-workers were awesome. There was no hard part of this job, I loved every minute of it.