JustAnswer Employee Reviews

Great colleagues and a company with a strong future
Engineering Management (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 15, 2019
JustAnswer is the perfect mix of startup and mature business. We are stable financially while growing in a way that allows us to sustainably and rapidly invest in our product.
We have a culture of testing that allows the best ideas to be proven and move forward.
We move fast in a sustainable way.
The office and colleagues are second to none.

And - when the product works for our customers it can literally be a life saver - lots of reasons to be proud of the help we offer people.
Pros
Stable, Great location, great colleagues
Cons
Can't hire fast enough to keep up with growth
"Awesome place. Very happy to have ended up here"
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Pros:
* Innovative company/technology, surrounded by terrific and very smart people, Work/Life balance, freedom given to employees, Great working environment/culture.
* Great managers
* Lots of collaborative work within various teams, Flat hierarchy, individuals can directly see the impact of their contributions.
* Nice location, flexible schedule
* Casual dress code
* Free lunch on Tuesday and Thursdays, Free snacks and drinks at all times
* Great mission, good people, unlimited PTO, option to work from home on Wednesday.

Cons:
* Can't hire fast enough to keep up
Excelente oportunidad
Experto (Former Employee) –  La webMarch 29, 2017
Empresa en expansión que aporta soluciones a problemas domésticos de salud en varios idiomas. A mí me permite aprender del contexto de salud de diferentes países en donde se encuentran comunidades de habla hispana que necesitan consejos de salud.
Es un sistema muy organizado y fiable. Los pagos se realizan de forma sistemática y se solucionan los conflictos internos de manera muy profesional.
Le permite a todos los que tengan una conexión veloz y una computadora, incorporarse con sus conocimientos a solucionar problemas de manera divertida y profesional.
Pros
Aprendizaje sobre el entorno de salud de diferentes países.
Cons
Necesidad de una conexión veloz a internet, no tienen la suficiente cantidad de clientes en la actualidad para mantener el pool de expertos.
Great work culture, but terrible leadership
Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 6, 2017
JustAnswer has a great idea it is working with and talented people working at the company, but a very short sited approach to planning and business strategy. It is a data driven company run on lean methodology, because of this JustAnswer has been able to slowly grow the product. However, they blatantly ignore long term revenue growth strategies, such as growing a customer base through marketing, and improving the UX of the website to attract new customer segments.
Pros
Fosters employee learning and growth
Cons
Poor leadership
Unique environment that inspires innovation
Business Development (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 25, 2015
JustAnswer is located in the heart of the Presidio with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge and surrounded by many restaurants and museums.
The current management is driven by the concept of a lean and innovative work environment. Co-workers are supportive and driven towards team success. The culture is active, friendly and lively.
The challenges of the culture are the rapidly changing skill set needs needed for rapidly changing innovations.
Nice Place to Work
Online Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 3, 2014
The location of this company is probably one of the best things as an employee. The presidio boasts beautiful running and nice fields to relax in.

When working here, you may not have a lot of time to take advantage of this though since there are always many things to do (just like everywhere I guess).

The people are nice, but sometimes it feels like nothing can get done quickly.
Pros
Tuesday, Thursday Free Lunch
Cons
only 15 days PTO including sick leave and vacation
Do It Only For Extra Money
Online Technical Support Expert (Current Employee) –  OnlineMay 31, 2014
I applied for and was accepted as an expert in a couple of the IT related categories that JustAnswer provides service in. I did this as a way to make a few extra bucks in my spare time by working from home. Solely that regard, the company is outstanding. I was able to answer questions for customers as time permitted and got paid for doing it. The amount I made per month was solely up to me; the more time I spent working to answer customer's questions, the more I got paid.

However as a company, JustAnswer is atrocious. They do not listen to their experts (the source of their revenue), constantly roll out changes to their online platform that hinder more than help both customers and experts alike, and do nothing to ensure experts are fully compensated for their work. This last issue is of huge for all experts regardless of the category they work in. For instance, customers agree to pay a set amount for assistance (say $40) and this amount is split between JustAnswer and the expert (usually a 60/40 split in JustAnswer's favor). Initially, the customer is charged a deposit and is charged the remainder when they accept the experts solution. If the customer never accepts the solution the expert has provided, the customer is only out the deposit. This deposit is not split with the expert; it is kept by JustAnswer. This happens ridiculously often. An expert will diligently work with a customer to ensure the problem is solved satisfactorily only to have the customer disappear leaving the expert unpaid. This has been brought up so many times to the JustAnswer management,
  more... but it has always fallen on deaf ears.  less
Pros
Work at your own pace as your time permits.
Cons
Treats their experts like garbage.