Justice Resource Institute Employee Reviews

This is a great job for a short period of time
Therapeutic Training & Support/Therapeutic Mentor (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAOctober 15, 2018
This job was difficult but rewarding for the two years I worked there. I would consider going back to the company in the future. JRI is a great company. I found managing their base plus model for salary to be the hardest part of the job. I was responsible for meeting quotas and often felt that I had to ask more of my families than they could give just so I could meet them. I had an amazing supervisor. You have to work over 40 hours a week to meet your quotas as you only get paid for billable work but are still expected to do work that isn't billable.
Pros
benefits, supportive staff
Cons
pay, hours
Awful experince
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAOctober 12, 2018
No support from upper management. Everyone seems to be out for themselves and willing to get you fired. I stayed as long as a I could until I could fine a better job. Good luck
Pros
Cons
cut throat, low pay, awful management
The most enjoyable part of the job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAOctober 10, 2018
Working with my clients was the best part of my day!! Having them get excited when they seen me made me happy. If they didn't like what was on the schedule I liked the fact that I was able to change the schedule and put them where they wanted to go.
Pros
Being a assitant and still working with the clients full time.
Cons
Not being able to do my work.
Extremely comfortable couches
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 7, 2018
Tough to be completely formal here. To keep it short and sweet, all the company cares about is filling the beds and making everything looks nice to DCF and everyone on the outside. "Resident counselor" is another word for an underpaid babysitter who is expected to be ok with being assaulted on a daily basis as long as it calms the upset kid down. You can't make plans after work because you never know if you'll be working a double until after your shift is supposed to be over and if you physically cannot revolve your life around theirs then they will terminate you. Management does not care if a staff makes a difference in a child's life as long as the money keeps coming in. To sum it up, if you're interested in this company because you want to make a difference, no one of any authority cares very much.
Pros
They force 18 year olds to go to bed at 9pm.
Cons
Everything else.
good
Mental Health Advocate (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAOctober 3, 2018
very mentally draining unreasonable expectations, loving enviroment but very judgemental hated it and went insane because of it couldnt be happier to get out
Great Company
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 18, 2018
Great place to work, amazing benefits and lots of opportunity to learn and grow. They care about their clients and employees. There are various job sites and opportunities.
A nuturing place that helps those in need
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 26, 2018
A typical day involves waking the kids up, helping them perform morning routines, and getting them to school. The kids get time to themselves after school to mingle, go out in the community, or sleep. Kids and staff come from all walks of life and as a staff we must teach them right from wrong and how to effectivelyand positively control their emotions so they can succeed and go home.
Great Place to begin your journey
Staff Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CTAugust 24, 2018
My time at JRI was pleasant and the team and administration which I worked with and reported too were professional and understanding of the balance needed to work in this field.
Pros
Great Team environment
It was a dark place to work
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 3, 2018
the training they give to the employees was wonderful. The job it self is pretty easy and has a lot of freedom to create clinical work to the clients. However, the staff can be difficult to interact with.
Pros
good training
Cons
staff can be difficult to work with
Some staff mean well but the higher ups have lost sight of their vision
Marlborough - Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAAugust 1, 2018
Cons:Colleagues were supportive of each other;management sucked you dry- out for themselves; unqualified teachers
Pros: Great kids, milieu staff who really care;
Pros
free meals, supportive peers
Cons
Administration who look out for themselves
Great for College Students
ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJuly 31, 2018
Very fasted paced. I would really have to be detailed oriented because I distributed medications, I had implement many plans for the students while on shift to insure safety, and transports to school were in order also in a timely manner. I worked with the LBTQ community as well with Spanish Americans learning and understanding their culture was an on going process. The hardest part of the job was being vigilant with our young students because most of them come from a place of trauma and no consistency in the home or placement and sometimes they would become verbally aggressive. But seeing them grow on their path of being independent and move into a positive and new chapter in their lives is very rewarding to me.
Pros
working with the students.
Cons
to constricted, never enough staff to cover the floor for breaks.
This place is terrible
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 17, 2018
A typical day at work was very terrible, I am a very nice person so I would pick up as many shifts as I could; Meaning I was working 70+ hours at this place.

I didn't learn much at this place because they were very unorganized.

Management is very poor, they will play favorites at this place.

Workplace culture, if you miss high school you can survive here. But if you're not into all the drama then maybe this is not a place for you.

The hardest part of working here is definitely the staff, going in here I was thinking the kids would give me a hard time but no it's actually the staff. if your pretty and young management and staff will think something is going on with you and the youth. So if you're a very caring friendly person I advise you not to work here.

The most enjoyable part of work was going home; also seeing a kid smile after you helped them with something or gave them great advice on whatever it was.

This place needs to be shut down; when I say it's terrible I mean it, not just that staff are only there to get a check and thats all.
Pros
free food.
Decent Company
Assistant Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 8, 2018
Decent company. It's small and everyone knows everyone. Small circles of friends so if your not in you're definitely out. hard to get a promotion because there're are few opportunities for advancement.
Pyramid affect
Residential Counselor -Awake Overnight (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 28, 2018
This company's problems are due to a trickle down affect. When people at the top of the pyramid don't care about illegal and dangerous things happening with the residential staff (they just shove things under the rug and pretend it didn't happen) it created an awful and unsafe place to work for basically minimum wage. I would NEVER want anyone I know to be attended by a JRI facility. It was the worst place to work when management switched at my location. I would give it a zero star rating if I could.
Cons
poor management from the top down
Official response from Justice Resource Institute
July 10, 2018

JRI does not tolerate illegal or unsafe conduct and we would like to hear more from you immediately. We encourage staff to speak with their manager, program director or division director. You may also contact the JRI Safety Hotline at 781-559-4735 to report concerns. We investigate all reports carefully and take appropriate action promptly.

Official response from Justice Resource Institute
July 10, 2018

Poor management/Unprofessional staff
Relief Counselor (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAJune 13, 2018
The students served are not as bad as advertised during training. Once you get to know the students and they start to trust you, the environment becomes alot easier to accept. During my time there I found that the actual students were much more easier to deal with then the staff. The staff were very cliquey and gossiped way too much about other staff in front of the students. A lot of the staff treated the students poorly and spoke down to them often. Too many staff that either dated each other or were married or related. With that came the cliques and made it hard to feel welcomed. Senior staff walked around with very high egos. Shift supervisors played favoritism way too much.
Pros
Free lunch, Great kids and the environment is very diverse
Cons
Terrible staff and poor management
giving work place
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 9, 2018
Really great supportive company. They're very relaxed and kind, the dress code varies depending on which program you work for. I happened to have a very relaxed supervisor and was allowed to wear casual clothing.
Pros
free food
harissment free zoon
Residential Counselor II / Glen haven Academy (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 5, 2018
Productive and fun place to work , it have good benefits , panssion ,haelth insurance and 401k . JRI is a harrisment free company and a discriminatiom free place
Amazing agency
THERAPEUTIC CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMay 28, 2018
JRI is really a one of a kind agency to work for! I love that they offer so many training to keep me up to date on the latest interventions. I love that they value their workers and clients with high regard. I love that self-care is admired and required. Best agency to work for in my opinion.
Pros
free trainings, staff, casual dress code, Pto, mileage reimbursement, pension
Cons
low salaries
Friendly work environment.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 16, 2018
Working for the GRIP Program (JRI) was a very enjoyable and rewarding experience as the program hold strong personal relevance to me and the work they do is very important.
Pros
Important meaningful work
Cons
Understaffed, low wages, Expectation to pick up extra shifts
Wonderful place to work
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Swansea, MAApril 13, 2018
The work here can be stressful and difficult at times but the people I worked with were amazing and my bosses were very understanding and flexible. I would highly recommend anyone working as direct staff seek out employment from this company because it is a great place to work
Pros
Management, co-workers, flexibility
Cons
Stressful environment, mandatory weekend day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Justice Resource Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight