Justice Resource Institute Employee Reviews

A very great working condition and exceptional work ethic standard
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 14, 2019
Justice Resource Instittute is a great company that gives people opportunities regardless of ethnicity or gender and race. It has enhanced and developed so many personal abilities that I have witnessed.
Pros
Great healthcare
Cons
Working hours
JRI - The Victor School
Project Manager / HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Acton, MA 01720March 11, 2019
The Victor School is a sound organization that allows for the development of employees to grow and be creative in the position. This is a benefit I truly love about this program. The Director of the program is caring and works hard to hear each staff member. Employees are given the opportunity to grow and develop by participating in Tuition Reimbursement for continued education. On the job training is also available to help employees grow.
Needs better management
Intensive Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAFebruary 13, 2019
Worked here a year and learned a great deal. The work enviroment was unhealthy and for the amount of work I was doing the money was not enough. I experienced a great deal of racism from my co workers.
February 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give this feedback. We are glad that you learned a lot at JRI. I am very concerned about the racism you experienced and encourage you to contact me at mschueppert@jri.org to discuss this.

Survivor Mentor MLMC
Survivor Mentor-Assessment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2019
I have been at my position for over 3 years and this is an absolute dream job! I make my own schedule and it's very flexible to attend college, complimentsof JRI. Yet the reasoning for this job is horrifying, but so rewarding to be able to change a life forever! My story used to be a secret in the corporate world, now, my secret is my story to share my experience strength and hope with adolescence going through a similar or difficult situation. #grateful
Pros
Best company I have ever worked for!
Cons
I don't have any
Amazing benefits but no money
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Berkley, MANovember 6, 2018
Free dental and decent medical; however, high risk of injury (saw several concussions/broken bones/etc. in my short time of being there). Management lets everything slide. Assistant director was let go due to issues with locking an individual out of the house (these were minors we worked with). Too many issues and injuries for the tiny paycheck. PTO is used for sick time, so workers comp was a joke. I would not ever recommend this to anyone unless they were struggling to find a job and needed something last minute since they are always hiring. (High Turnover Rate)
Pros
Free Dental
Cons
Injuries and lack of managerial support. No raises.
November 12, 2018

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are committed to creating places where our clients can partner with staff to find long term success. If this was not your experience, we definitely would love to hear about it, and hear your feedback in more detail. If you haven’t already talked with your supervisor, we encourage you to – or to reach out to JRI Human Resources. We are committed to getting better and your feedback is important to us.

Use caution
Staff Clinician (Former Employee) –  The Trauma CenterNovember 3, 2018
There are pros to working at this institution, but use caution and do your homework. The actual work is great however this system is very flawed. They do provide some "free" things and benefits are good but you need to decide if it is worth it. The work does not feel integrated with the center and there is a lot of tension between the Trauma Center and JRI.
November 6, 2018

Thank you so much for your response. We take these responses very seriously and are grateful for your feedback. We strive to be an agency that provides opportunities for youth and families to find long term success, and our staff are an important part of that. We work to help all staff feel included, supported, and provided with the training and resources to help them succeed. If this wasn’t your experience, we would love to hear about it. If you have thoughts or feedback, please reach out to your supervisor or to the JRI HR team if you haven’t done so already.

up and down
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 30, 2018
The First half of my career was great. Work environment was great. Team I worked under made it important to set small goals to achieve promotion and career advancements.
November 6, 2018

. Thank you so much for your review. We are so appreciative of any feedback that can help us continue to improve. If you have any specific feedback or advice, we would love to hear it – we hope you are able to speak with your supervisor or reach out to our HR team to talk more.

great place to qork
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 27, 2018
love the mission of the organization
very culturally inclusive work place of work
less opportunities for growth bur great benefits

flexible working hours
Pros
great benefits
Cons
less opportunity for growth
November 6, 2018

. Thank you for your review! We always love to hear feedback from employees, current and past, about ways we can continue to get better. We noticed that your experience was one where there wasn’t much room for growth. We strive to be an agency that promotes opportunity and advancement, both through our strong tuition reimbursement program and scholarship program as well as our staff development initiatives. If this wasn’t your experience we would definitely love to hear more. If you have thoughts or feedback, please reach out to your supervisor or to the JRI HR team if you weren’t able to do so already.

Was able to go to nursing school because of their flexible schedules. I got the opportunity to make a difference in peopl's lives.
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 25, 2018
Would come in help handicappped residents with activities of daily living. Go shopping, clean, cook. I didn't get any benefits as a per diem worker.
Learnt how to administer medications with their MAP program - was trained for free.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No benefits for per diem workers
wonderful place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 24, 2018
management are helpful and there is support. everyone works as a team. only reason I left was for more money. not too many raises come your way.
love the teaching that I was able to do
This is a great job for a short period of time
Therapeutic Training & Support/Therapeutic Mentor (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAOctober 15, 2018
This job was difficult but rewarding for the two years I worked there. I would consider going back to the company in the future. JRI is a great company. I found managing their base plus model for salary to be the hardest part of the job. I was responsible for meeting quotas and often felt that I had to ask more of my families than they could give just so I could meet them. I had an amazing supervisor. You have to work over 40 hours a week to meet your quotas as you only get paid for billable work but are still expected to do work that isn't billable.
Pros
benefits, supportive staff
Cons
pay, hours
Awful experince
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAOctober 12, 2018
No support from upper management. Everyone seems to be out for themselves and willing to get you fired. I stayed as long as a I could until I could fine a better job. Good luck
Pros
Cons
cut throat, low pay, awful management
The most enjoyable part of the job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAOctober 10, 2018
Working with my clients was the best part of my day!! Having them get excited when they seen me made me happy. If they didn't like what was on the schedule I liked the fact that I was able to change the schedule and put them where they wanted to go.
Pros
Being a assitant and still working with the clients full time.
Cons
Not being able to do my work.
Extremely comfortable couches
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 7, 2018
Tough to be completely formal here. To keep it short and sweet, all the company cares about is filling the beds and making everything looks nice to DCF and everyone on the outside. "Resident counselor" is another word for an underpaid babysitter who is expected to be ok with being assaulted on a daily basis as long as it calms the upset kid down. You can't make plans after work because you never know if you'll be working a double until after your shift is supposed to be over and if you physically cannot revolve your life around theirs then they will terminate you. Management does not care if a staff makes a difference in a child's life as long as the money keeps coming in. To sum it up, if you're interested in this company because you want to make a difference, no one of any authority cares very much.
Pros
They force 18 year olds to go to bed at 9pm.
Cons
Everything else.
November 5, 2018

Thank you so much for you for feedback. We are committed to creating a environments where the youth and families we serve experience opportunities to move forward, and our staff are such an important part of that process. We work to provide every staff with training, opportunity, supervision, and mentoring to help them continue to serve our clients in the best way possible. This includes support around self-care and schedule. If this was not your experience, we would love to hear more about it so that we can continue to improve. If you have any thoughts or feedback , please reach out to your supervisor or to overarching JRI HR team if you weren’t able to do so already.

good
Mental Health Advocate (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAOctober 3, 2018
very mentally draining unreasonable expectations, loving enviroment but very judgemental hated it and went insane because of it couldnt be happier to get out
November 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are sorry that you experienced an unwelcoming environment at one of our programs. That is not the culture we support. We believe in a team driven program where staff support each other and work together to provide quality client care. It sounds like you enjoyed working with the clients. I would like to hear more from you and would encourage you to talk with the managers in the program. Each site also has a human resource staff person who would hear your concerns and would refer you to other administrators in the organization.

Fast pace job,very productive
Residential Supervisor/ Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dracut, MASeptember 21, 2018
Working in Human services has been a thrill. I have gained knowledge though this job working everyday with DMH and kids that are in need of teaching/ life skills.
Pros
Working with the kids
Cons
No support through Senior Supervisors
Great Company
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 18, 2018
Great place to work, amazing benefits and lots of opportunity to learn and grow. They care about their clients and employees. There are various job sites and opportunities.
A nuturing place that helps those in need
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 26, 2018
A typical day involves waking the kids up, helping them perform morning routines, and getting them to school. The kids get time to themselves after school to mingle, go out in the community, or sleep. Kids and staff come from all walks of life and as a staff we must teach them right from wrong and how to effectivelyand positively control their emotions so they can succeed and go home.
Great Place to begin your journey
Staff Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CTAugust 24, 2018
My time at JRI was pleasant and the team and administration which I worked with and reported too were professional and understanding of the balance needed to work in this field.
Pros
Great Team environment
It was a dark place to work
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 3, 2018
the training they give to the employees was wonderful. The job it self is pretty easy and has a lot of freedom to create clinical work to the clients. However, the staff can be difficult to interact with.
Pros
good training
Cons
staff can be difficult to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Justice Resource Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight