Justice Resource Institute Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
This place is terrible
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 17, 2018
A typical day at work was very terrible, I am a very nice person so I would pick up as many shifts as I could; Meaning I was working 70+ hours at this place.

I didn't learn much at this place because they were very unorganized.

Management is very poor, they will play favorites at this place.

Workplace culture, if you miss high school you can survive here. But if you're not into all the drama then maybe this is not a place for you.

The hardest part of working here is definitely the staff, going in here I was thinking the kids would give me a hard time but no it's actually the staff. if your pretty and young management and staff will think something is going on with you and the youth. So if you're a very caring friendly person I advise you not to work here.

The most enjoyable part of work was going home; also seeing a kid smile after you helped them with something or gave them great advice on whatever it was.

This place needs to be shut down; when I say it's terrible I mean it, not just that staff are only there to get a check and thats all.
Pros
free food.
Pyramid affect
Residential Counselor -Awake Overnight (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 28, 2018
This company's problems are due to a trickle down affect. When people at the top of the pyramid don't care about illegal and dangerous things happening with the residential staff (they just shove things under the rug and pretend it didn't happen) it created an awful and unsafe place to work for basically minimum wage. I would NEVER want anyone I know to be attended by a JRI facility. It was the worst place to work when management switched at my location. I would give it a zero star rating if I could.
Cons
poor management from the top down
July 10, 2018

JRI does not tolerate illegal or unsafe conduct and we would like to hear more from you immediately. We encourage staff to speak with their manager, program director or division director. You may also contact the JRI Safety Hotline at 781-559-4735 to report concerns. We investigate all reports carefully and take appropriate action promptly.

July 10, 2018

Poor management/Unprofessional staff
Relief Counselor (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAJune 13, 2018
The students served are not as bad as advertised during training. Once you get to know the students and they start to trust you, the environment becomes alot easier to accept. During my time there I found that the actual students were much more easier to deal with then the staff. The staff were very cliquey and gossiped way too much about other staff in front of the students. A lot of the staff treated the students poorly and spoke down to them often. Too many staff that either dated each other or were married or related. With that came the cliques and made it hard to feel welcomed. Senior staff walked around with very high egos. Shift supervisors played favoritism way too much.
Pros
Free lunch, Great kids and the environment is very diverse
Cons
Terrible staff and poor management
giving work place
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 9, 2018
Really great supportive company. They're very relaxed and kind, the dress code varies depending on which program you work for. I happened to have a very relaxed supervisor and was allowed to wear casual clothing.
Pros
free food
harissment free zoon
Residential Counselor II / Glen haven Academy (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 5, 2018
Productive and fun place to work , it have good benefits , panssion ,haelth insurance and 401k . JRI is a harrisment free company and a discriminatiom free place
Amazing agency
THERAPEUTIC CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMay 28, 2018
JRI is really a one of a kind agency to work for! I love that they offer so many training to keep me up to date on the latest interventions. I love that they value their workers and clients with high regard. I love that self-care is admired and required. Best agency to work for in my opinion.
Pros
free trainings, staff, casual dress code, Pto, mileage reimbursement, pension
Cons
low salaries
Friendly work environment.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 16, 2018
Working for the GRIP Program (JRI) was a very enjoyable and rewarding experience as the program hold strong personal relevance to me and the work they do is very important.
Pros
Important meaningful work
Cons
Understaffed, low wages, Expectation to pick up extra shifts
Wonderful place to work
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Swansea, MAApril 13, 2018
The work here can be stressful and difficult at times but the people I worked with were amazing and my bosses were very understanding and flexible. I would highly recommend anyone working as direct staff seek out employment from this company because it is a great place to work
Pros
Management, co-workers, flexibility
Cons
Stressful environment, mandatory weekend day
Rewarding company
RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Thompson, CTApril 2, 2018
Stressful workplace which comes with the nature of the position. Pay is low considering the amount of dedication required. Staff is often mandated and can end up working double shifts without notice. Supervisors were respectable but not perfect. The company does annual trainings and often times, staff works great as a team.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Pay, long shifts
Cognitive Intensive Resiedential Treatment Facility
Residential Program Supervisor, HR Officer (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAFebruary 23, 2018
Provided care to adolescents with a troubled history, intellectual disability, mental health and behavioural challenges. Secure faciltiy providing quality care and treatment.
Good Place to Work
Transitional Home Provider (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2018
Provide court-involved adolescents the opportunity to thrive in safe, supportive, and secure home
Build on the structure of the foster care model
Transitional Homes keep adolescents out of incarceration and in the community
Attend and participate in all agency/team meetings
Implement suggested behavior management plans
Provided guidance to teens in developing independent living skills
Productive and Fun work place with gym
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2018
The Group homes are well maintained in all aspects. JRI taught me how to work with different people from different backgrounds and patience as a virtual of life.
The hardest part of my job was when staff called out and the supervisors did not send in reinforcements to back me in order to satisfy the legal ratio.
I did love the weekends, I had the freedom to take the clients to places of their choice and this made them happy.
Pros
Free meals, Divesrity at work place
Cons
It employs alot of immigrants and many are not educated about their rights
great people
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 17, 2018
love this job but i had to move ,i had a great and very understanding supervisor at the same time she push you for the best and strict on certain level which i love and respect her for that
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Productive, fun, fast-paced place to work while making a difference.
Housing Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 22, 2017
Working at JRI was a blessing. Great co-workers, excellent managers, the culture was diverse, energetic, collaborative, supporting, and vibrant.

A typical day at the job was unpredictable. Once the phone rang you have no idea how the day would turn out to be; besides following up with daily routine clients' issues.
The hardest part of the job was the challenges every client brought to the table, making the day for me worth even more (learning new skills as you go). I personally love a challenging situation or "crisis" making it the most enjoyable and rewarding aspect of the job.
Jri
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 11, 2017
This company is good if you're working for one of the main offices in Boston... The ones in greater Boston are touch and go. You might get some great colleagues, and you might get some that are questionable.
November 13, 2017

Thank you so much for you for comments. We are committed to creating a workforce that is dynamic, genuine, team oriented, passionate, and mission driven. We work to provide every staff with training, opportunity, supervision, and mentoring to help them continue to serve our clients in the best way possible. If this was not your experience, we would love to hear more so that we can continue to get better at this. If you have any thoughts or feedback , please reach out to your supervisor or to overarching JRI HR team if you weren’t able to do so already.

Unprofessional Work Environment
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Thompson, CTSeptember 11, 2017
Excellent Training

Poor implementation of policies and procedures

Unprofessional Work Environment

Very difficult to get time off

Political/Social Environment

Lack of Staff - Not enough support (even in dangerous situations)
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Difficult to get time off, lack of staff
September 18, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. We are pleased that the training provided, as well as the total compensation package offered by JRI, were appropriate and valued by you as an employee. Regarding staffing and time off, we can generally accommodate time off requests that are submitted with at least two weeks notice.

Meh
Relief Counselor, The Grip Project (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed my job with JRI working as a relief counselor for a teen residential program. I would have liked to stay on longer but, due to restructuring, my hours disappeared.
productive and fun place to work
Residential Counselor- Cohannet Academy (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 11, 2017
It is a good and fun place to work. At times it does get tough but the good outweighs the bad. The residents and staff are great and always willing to help
A for-employee company
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Middleton, MAAugust 9, 2017
Great benefits, great management. Flexible schedule. Training is always available if you want it. Great education advancement opportunities. Different settings is a plus
Great benefits, tough work atmosphere.
Employee (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 7, 2017
JRI as an agency is amazing. The benefits are above the competition. Pay isn't so great and the particular program I worked for was much to be desired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Justice Resource Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight