JusticeWorks YouthCare Employee Reviews

Great part time opportunity
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 15, 2018
While I was there, Justice Works provided great opportunities for me to help youth in my home area, as well and allowed me to have some extra monies that were much needed at that time. It is a good place to work.
Wonderful place to work
Family Reunification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLAugust 30, 2018
I loved my job! The funding for the program in Brevard county ended, so I was laid off. The health benefits were a bit too much out of each payroll and there was no area for advancement.
Pros
Work/ life balance
Cons
No advancement
Great starter job
Family Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 20, 2018
JusticeWorks was my first job working in the human services field. It has been a great learning environment and allows you to grow. Each and every client brings something new to the table where you are always learning. Just wish it paid better and there was a company car. The flexible schedule in which you make based off of your availability and your client's can be a blessing and a curse at times.
Pros
flexible schedule, out in the community
Cons
a lot of driving, clients canceling
Poor Management and High Stress
Family Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greentown, PAAugust 15, 2018
If you're looking for a job where you can make your own hours, that's what this is. There is no set schedule. The director is notorious for micromanagement, showing favoritism and creating stress on workers by constantly hounding. The people here create drama for clients who are already in a problem situation and the director takes the lead on causing problems for families. The goal of this agency is to keep people dependent on the system instead of empowering them to succeed. Would not recommend this company!
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Poor management, low pay, low hours, micromanagement
stressful
Family Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greentown, PAJuly 16, 2018
The job is draining and will burn you out quick , The Director is on you like white on rice and is famous for micromanagement. She has her favorites.

You are expected to solve problem of people who are in the CYS system. They are not willing to work with you and make the job harder.
Benefits
Cons
micro management
Organized and thorough
Family Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 11, 2018
Current employee.
Great place to work, very relaxed, approachable, flexible, and management actually cares about their staff. Some favoritism but nothing too bad.
Pros
Colleagues, networking, flexibility
Cons
Cliques
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 28, 2018
I felt proud to work for Justice Works, they are a company that strives to help people. Everyone from my direct manager to the CEO, were caring and professional.
being productive in what you love to do
Family Engagement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Florence, SC 29501June 24, 2018
The most productive part of my job is getting the chance to work with the family, and help them find better ways to become a good parent.My job is awesome on a daily bases there's days it can become very over whelming, but it is all worth it to see families come together knowing I was a big part of that process.
Pros
freedom to spend with my families that need help
Cons
at times higher up's may have picks and favorites, and there is no room in the work place for this kind of behavior.
Collaborative Workplace Culture
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 22, 2018
JusticeWorks YouthCare provides critical and received programming for families and youth over multiple counties throughout PA. JusticeWorks has evidence programming that continues to support families well-being and comprehensive problems.
Positive experience
Family Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 1, 2018
Busy day. As long as you are good with time management this job is awesome. This company is all about teamwork. Highly recommend, Positive experience.
Pros
teamwork, office incentives
Cons
busy work flow
Sick, Tired, and Overworked
FRS (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 28, 2018
Where to begin? As a full timer, you get three sick days for an entire year. That's it. After that, you pay the company back. And you will be sick a lot, working in people's homes while they are vomiting with flu. Just know if you don't come close to meeting your hours (and you probably won't, clients cancel and no show) you'll be expected to work weekends and holidays. Their motto is "whatever it takes!" You will be held to it.
Growth, camaraderie, and change agent
Coach, mentor, leader (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 21, 2018
Work in previews jobs were stressful.

Do not get me wrong, work is stressful but the support helps lessen the stress with JWYC. The experience with JWYC in regard to flexibility is eye opening to possibilities within child welfare. Other jobs, my experience was so much red tape in working with families that stifles creativity. Here you have the capacity to make your own schedule and flexibility to meet individuals where they are in life. The use of community resources allows individuals sustainability when child welfare professionals are gone.

I've heard leadership throughout the company say we are our own little buisness. This was a different concept for me. Each staff is like a buisness chain. I make my own schedule (with exception for scheduked meetings) to fulfill my role as the family mentor a d coach. I can work early morning, afternoon, evening and weekends if this works for me and those I work with.

The company is filled with compassionate, dedicated, and hardworking staff from top to bottom. They listen and most importantly I see everyone walking the walk.

I truly enjoy the camaraderie and willingness of individuals to listen allowing for our ideas to shape what occurs at all levels of the company.
Pros
Flexibility, ability to be creative, leadership
Cons
More training for staff with focus on secondary trauma
Na
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 18, 2018
Not enough hours, clients come and go so one day you could be working with two clients and the next its zero clients. No consistency at all and lack of benefits.
Great Opportunity
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 7, 2018
Great atmosphere to work in. Staff is very supportive. This job is not micromanaged. You have to have the motivation and drive to push yourself to work with your clients.
Pros
being compensated on time, every time
benefits
Sure if you live in close proximity
FOSTER CARE SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 7, 2017
You can make your own schedule however your hours really are based on the number of clients you get assigned. And most of the time there weren't that many clients that would get referred to the program.
It would have been a good set up for me if I lived Columbia because that is where all of the clients really lived. The days I was scheduled to work with my client I would have to drive almost a 1.5hr each way. In the end, it was too much and especially because I wasn't being reimbursed for my travel.
Pros
make your own hours, pay
Cons
location, commute
Somewhat of a challenging job
Behavioral Modification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCNovember 18, 2017
Justice Works was a great job but there were a lot of constant changes throughout my time there working. In my year of working there I had three different supervisors. Also the rules of what a BMOD specialist could do with a client constantly changed. That made it tough to write up session notes. Session notes are needed to get paid and for your superiors to know that you are properly doing your job.
Challenging and exciting job experience
Family Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 19, 2017
My experience with JusticeWorks Youth Care was great. I enjoyed working with the families and their children. At first I started working good hours until recently my hours were cut to 2 hours per week and they could not offer more to me with in my area.
Pros
variet ofwork
Cons
not enough hours15
Family resource specialist
Family Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 10, 2017
pretty cool job, I would like to stay there as long as I can. I highly recommend anyone to work for justice works youth care. I really like my job and my team
benefits
Cons
healthcare
Flexible and Understanding
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 2, 2017
Management is very understanding if you need to work hours other than your typical schedule. I moved up in the company with the help of management in that they were willing to teach me how to do the new job.
work with juvenile probation
Family Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 25, 2017
While it was good to work with troubled youth, this company has not exactly kept their staff safe. They do not add precautionary measures to keep staff safe when they are in high crime areas or with high risk juveniles.