Justworks Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
It's all fun and games from the outside looking in.
Customer Success Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2018
A typical day in the support role at Justworks includes catching up on the (many) previous emails sent to employees, admins, and whoever else may use our services. All being done while simultaneously answering the phone, making JIRA tickets, and answering live chats. I would say it's definitely a good learning position, as you definitely understand what you do and do not like a Job Position and you'll get great experience working in an ever-changing environment.

Management is tricky- as the company grows and grows, so do our managers. This makes for an uneasy work environment in my opinion as you are continuously trying to build a report with someone new and it doesn't seem like any issues get resolved.

Workplace Culture- If you're not in a mandated hourly position, the workplace culture is great. There are company-wide events, wine, and beer but again, if you're in an hourly position you probably won't be able to participate in many of these things as your shift will get in the way. I would also say that the people are great. Sincerely some of the best people I've had the pleasure of calling my colleagues and friends.
Pros
Company Events, Great people, dogs in office.
Cons
Very Fast-paced, employees are overworked.
good
Senior Sales Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2017
Great place to work. Very young culture with an amazing CEO. Definitely would recommend. Everyone is willing to help out and the teams you work with are full of great people.
Amazing, fast growing company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
Justworks is an incredible company to work for that puts their employees first. The company continues to grow at a rapid pace and anyone would be lucky to work there.
Cool 2-floor office, nice people, good perks
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2017
Good place, good balance, some pressure, leads could be better, manager is cool, team is friendly, weekly all-hands meetings, dog-friendly office, approve of CEO.
Mission-driven company with great upside
Customer Success (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2017
Justworks is a great company with an incredible future ahead. The CEO is non-corporate, cares about the employees and wants the company to be great. The culture is aligned around the mission of helping small businesses succeed and no one is sitting in the corner doing something else, so it always feels collaborative.

The workplace is aligned around the company's core values - COGIS - which power everything we do, from recruiting to business decisions. It's nice to have something to always refer to in that way. We also have dogs, a wellness program, a care for diversity and brand awareness in NYC that is above any beyond what's expected from a company this size.

Justworks also is disrupting a space that traditionally has provided poor tools and service, so it's cool to be pushing the envelope and driving innovation, although it's really hard work.

Like any startup, Justworks also has its challenges - we are under-resourced in many areas, some single points of failure still, wonky compensation in some pockets of the company and communication challenges here and there. But the company is consistently getting better and it feels good when we make progress.
Pros
Culture, mission, Ceo, care for employee wellness and diversity
Cons
Resources, communication, compensation, waiting on high-end benefits
Sales Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2017
Great people
great product
great atmosphere
Dogs
happy hours
helpful, encouraging, and supportive management
honest company
honest, relatable, reliable community of individuals
Pros
Great people great product great atmosphere Dogs happy hours helpful, encouraging, and supportive management honest company honest, relatable, reliable community of individuals
Cons
Sales can be stressful but management will do whatever they can to help you meet goals, but sometimes people just move their meetings and that is just life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Justworks. Our community is ready to answer.

Justworks Reviews by Location