Jyve Corporation Employee Reviews

If Jyve calls don't answer
Jyver (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 12, 2018
The first thing you should know is they don't pay you for your 1st day, so if you don't like oh well. If you want that pay you can get a portion back after you do 5 jyves in the form of a $50 dollar "bonus". You have to sit by your phone when they release the jyves on their APP 2 days in advance. The jyves are all claimed within minutes. Then the "managers" spend the all of their time scrambling to fill the canceled jyves. Jyves are always modified after they are released and then they just cancel random "jyvers" with NO explanation. If you complain at all the "managers" will threaten to "take you off the platform" They offer meager "bonuses" to cover canceled jyves because they are 40 or 50 miles away from home. The "managers" are rude and threatening and only care about punching their clock. They are there for their 8 hours and then they are unreachable. They have a "help" line they call Mission Control where they employ a bunch of rude people who hang up on you because they don't know what they are doing. The people who order the product you are stocking work on commission so they order way too much product.
Pros
None>
Cons
Poor management, horrible pay, no benefits
Relaxed, very low stress, ability to make good money
Merchandiser/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 5, 2018
It's all about how much you want to work and make. you can make enough to live on with 20 hours or less a week with the ability to double or triple that if and when you choose. You can travel or go on vacations and pick up a shift anywhere in the U.S. just as you would normally. Management is very nice and helpful. I think it's a great place to work.
Great place to work full of travel and meeting new people
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 2, 2018
I have been working at Jyve (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to travel to different stores
Get to help several customers
Get to meet new employees and form a friendly relationship with them

Cons

Payrate depends on how quickly you can work
Product rotation is necessary, but could slow things way down

Advice to Management

Create a site where employees can see a breakdown of each job worked and associated bonus, in order to better tie out paycheck.
It was very good experience in here
Vendor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 2, 2018
Hi jyve is the best job in USA.
It’s help people to choose their schedule , and work any time they would like to work.
Jvye is very good for people who don’t like working full time .
Pros
It’s help people for choosing their job any time when they like
Cons
I really see any cons
Pretty good for a part time job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 31, 2018
Love how it works around your schedule. Love doing the E cart jobs. Would love more opportunities to work in this area. The only major draw back is it is first come first serve basis. If you miss the 8 am time to claim Jyves you loose out.
Cons
Short breaks and no health care
Jyve Nation
Jyver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 31, 2018
Choose your own hours! Choose what days you want to work! Get paid weekly!!! You just show up fill out the info on your phone, take a picture of your load, then start putting it away on the shelves and get paid it’s so easy.
Pros
Work at your own pace, friendly environment, great team building company.
Cons
Not enough work to be claimed, glitches in the Jyve app, carts that get canceled that you were expecting to work that day.
Very flexible hours that allow you to work when you can so you can money when you want
JYVER (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 31, 2018
Overall Jyve allows me to make a little extra money on the side additional to my full time job. It gives me the ability to have a little bit of extra spending money when I want to earn it and we get paid for our Jyves every week on Friday.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not a lot of work available on my days off
The best job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Coos Bay, OROctober 30, 2018
I absolute love jyve! I wish I would have found this job years ago it's perfect for my life and fits in with everything. The pay is great and I just love what I do
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Great for a supplement job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 30, 2018
I was a stay at home mom for 6 years and my daughter just started school, this has been a great way to stay active and supplement my husbands salary. I love that I get to choose my hours and days.
Pros
Competitive, fast paced, great pay, company looks out for their employees
Cons
Need more jobs available for this area, but they are coming
Great Company to work for!!!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  DetroitOctober 30, 2018
I've been with Jyve for 5 months and I'm incredibly grateful for the opportunity to be a part of the company's continuous growth. I love the flexibility of hours-meaning I choose when I want to work, and that it's up to me when I get off. I can bust my butt and be done in 3-6 hours pending how much I have to do, or I can take my time and take a full 8-10 hour shift. I can wake up early and be there at 7 to get done early, or I can start at 9am and get off later in the day. The best part about it is that I get paid the same either way. Pay is every Friday, and communication is on point. Our district manager is always there when needed and everyone supports each other with the work that we do. Easy work, and you basically work on your own without anyone breathing down your neck. When you know you can work you just go on the app or look-out on slack chat to see if anything is available or pick up work 2 days in advance.
Pros
Flexibility, work on your own, good pay
Jyve Corp.
Jyve Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  St. George, UTOctober 30, 2018
Jyve is a great company to work for. Mission Control is a great support to all Jyvers. Management is considerate and understanding. They work with you, not against you.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
you are a contractor so no benefits
I love Jyve
Vendor Representative (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 30, 2018
As a single mom of three, having this job gives me the opportunity to be with my children. People complain and say they don’t make enough, but if you’re a fast worker, you can actually grab more stores and make a good amount in a day alone. I love how this lets you pick where and when you want to work. And the company itself and people working for it are amazing.
Getting your Jyve on!
Merchandiser/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAOctober 30, 2018
Great job if you need flexibility in your schedule. An unlimited amount of time in your schedule? Then the money you can make is huge. Jyvers are like family, there for eachother and the main staff fantasric
Pros
Flexability
Something to Do on the Side
Merchandiser Contractor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 11, 2018
Jyve funtions a lot like Uber and other on-demand jobs. You have to compete for any work you get against others to "claim" a store, which becomes available 48 hrs in advance. If you have to cancel they want you to call in.

The problem is there are usually more people than there are stores available. And if you are too slow you end up with stores far away. Also you're a 1099 Independent Contractor, so you will owe self-employment tax out of your pay which is like 18% plus any normal taxes.
Pros
Flexbility, Independence
Cons
Self Employment Taxes
Flexible, minimum compensation for work related expenses
Retail Sales Stocker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Driving is part of job, no compensation. Paid up front as a private contractor to stock orders that take up to 12 hours to complete. Paid by case, any breaks, all delays while working, customer service, and clean up time comes out your pocket.
Pros
Some flexibility on arrival times, leave as soon as work is finished, can simply not claim jobs when you want an off day
Cons
Jobs paid up front, no compensation for delays, clean up, driving, or customer service
Jyve not as established as it should be. More Jyvers are needed and Jyve really needs to pay more for their contractors whether its by the hour or by
INDEPENDENT VENDING CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  VermontSeptember 23, 2018
Jyve does not have very many contractors in the VT area and they don't pay very well considering the contractors drive all over VT to numerous stores to get the job completed. If they paid mileage and by the hour rather than the job that would be a huge benefit.
Pros
choose your own hours
Cons
not enough Jyvers
Its a contract merchandising job so you rarely get any contact especially myself since I have been in the grocery business for the greater part of my
INDEPENDENT MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZSeptember 20, 2018
There is really little to say, I would just show up at the store within 4 hours of the load getting there, check in and throw it. The only time I talked to management was if they needed me to cover another store for someone. It wasn't hard for me and I enjoyed the peacefulness of it. The management could not be better and I wish there was more work!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough work
Not for anyone in need of consistent work opportunities!
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 21, 2018
The upside to Jyve is that there was absolutely no interview. You work at your own speed. You basically have to click to get a job the minute they drop or no jobs for you for the day. They ranged from $15 to over $100. Sometimes when you got a job for over $100 they would split the job without telling you until you arrived to do the job. This is a contract position so you pay your own taxes and expenses. I really enjoyed it while there was plenty of work. It eventually fizzled down to getting 1 small job a week. They had way too many contractors for the small amount of work available.
Pros
Work at your own pace and when you want
Cons
Not enough income opportunity-not enough to do it full-time
Jyve
Vendor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2018
I jyving has it perks and it’s downsides like any other work place out there. The cool part about Jyve is that anytime you feel like working all you have to do is pick up your phone and look for a location you would like to work and it’s not times not rushed you you can take your time. The down part is that I wish there were more jobs in a day so that I can make more money.
Terrible Pace
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2018
The management could care less about Contractors, your just a Squirrel trying to get a Nut in their World. They contract with a Distributor who mostly sells worthless Health Foods that are over ordered, there is usually not enough room on the shelves. The store management then cries to Jyve and they automatically take the stores side.
Pros
Cons
the whole experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jyve Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.