Jyve Corporation Employee Reviews

Great job with flexible hours!
Independent Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 29, 2019
Jyve has been a great part-time job for me. Many other workers average closer to full time hours, you can get more hours if you want them. I love the flexibility of hours. Management is very helpful, and other "Jyvers" are friendly and helpful. I feel this job is great exercise, and I love helping customers in various stores where I work.The pay is fair for the type of work, which is merchandising (re-stocking) in retail grocery stores in my local area. As an independent contractor, you need to pay your own taxes out of your wages.
Pros
Work when you want to! Great management!
Cons
Calling the corporate help number for assistance has long wait times, but once you reach them, they are always polite and helpful.
Fast pace
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ORJanuary 27, 2019
Work at your own pace and be ready to be cut throat to get jobs. You work your own hours per the job you get. But must be willing to plan ahead and keep your commitments within the job
Pros
You pick your jobs
Cons
Need good wifi
Not a good place to work at
DISTRIBUTOR/MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 15, 2019
This place started out very good with a lot of mistakes and one is to cover yourselves they do tell you, but its against them and the companies they put your work in and the receivers and customers damage you.

Other than that its a cool job to have and do and I did enjoy it when I had it too.

Still sign up its still a good side job.
Pros
Great flexablity and love the exsperience in the stores
Cons
Not consistant will not ajust much to make you happy
Fun and rewarding place to work
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Jyve is an amazing company with a refreshing workplace culture that values the opinions from everyone within the organization. It has been a great experience to be a part of the growth of a new company and looking forward to what the future holds.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
no 401K plan yet
Saw all problems; fired on day 2 due to excessive unclaims.
Jyver-eCart (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 15, 2018
Arrive and greet your partners company.
Start the e-cart; easy and simple but poorly executed.
Management won't contact you but you have to contact them.
No culture but your own-self vs. the partners company culture.
Hardest part of the job will be the partners company.
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning to be a Jyver and being yourself but I learned that you actually the other employee, for the partners company, with a different badge.

I do not know the CEO but I gave him a Good Rating for creating Jyve.
Pros
Take your time.
Cons
"You are to slow" - Companies partner.
Ok
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 21, 2018
Not a great company to work for. The management team is not really there for you, and you have to work in a stressful work environment. You have to work in a cut-throat place to make ends meet.
If Jyve calls don't answer
Jyver (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 12, 2018
The first thing you should know is they don't pay you for your 1st day, so if you don't like oh well. If you want that pay you can get a portion back after you do 5 jyves in the form of a $50 dollar "bonus". You have to sit by your phone when they release the jyves on their APP 2 days in advance. The jyves are all claimed within minutes. Then the "managers" spend the all of their time scrambling to fill the canceled jyves. Jyves are always modified after they are released and then they just cancel random "jyvers" with NO explanation. If you complain at all the "managers" will threaten to "take you off the platform" They offer meager "bonuses" to cover canceled jyves because they are 40 or 50 miles away from home. The "managers" are rude and threatening and only care about punching their clock. They are there for their 8 hours and then they are unreachable. They have a "help" line they call Mission Control where they employ a bunch of rude people who hang up on you because they don't know what they are doing. The people who order the product you are stocking work on commission so they order way too much product.
Pros
None>
Cons
Poor management, horrible pay, no benefits
Relaxed, very low stress, ability to make good money
Merchandiser/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 5, 2018
It's all about how much you want to work and make. you can make enough to live on with 20 hours or less a week with the ability to double or triple that if and when you choose. You can travel or go on vacations and pick up a shift anywhere in the U.S. just as you would normally. Management is very nice and helpful. I think it's a great place to work.
Great place to work full of travel and meeting new people
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 2, 2018
I have been working at Jyve (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to travel to different stores
Get to help several customers
Get to meet new employees and form a friendly relationship with them

Cons

Payrate depends on how quickly you can work
Product rotation is necessary, but could slow things way down

Advice to Management

Create a site where employees can see a breakdown of each job worked and associated bonus, in order to better tie out paycheck.
It was very good experience in here
Vendor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 2, 2018
Hi jyve is the best job in USA.
It’s help people to choose their schedule , and work any time they would like to work.
Jvye is very good for people who don’t like working full time .
Pros
It’s help people for choosing their job any time when they like
Cons
I really see any cons
Pretty good for a part time job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 31, 2018
Love how it works around your schedule. Love doing the E cart jobs. Would love more opportunities to work in this area. The only major draw back is it is first come first serve basis. If you miss the 8 am time to claim Jyves you loose out.
Cons
Short breaks and no health care
Jyve Nation
Jyver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 31, 2018
Choose your own hours! Choose what days you want to work! Get paid weekly!!! You just show up fill out the info on your phone, take a picture of your load, then start putting it away on the shelves and get paid it’s so easy.
Pros
Work at your own pace, friendly environment, great team building company.
Cons
Not enough work to be claimed, glitches in the Jyve app, carts that get canceled that you were expecting to work that day.
Very flexible hours that allow you to work when you can so you can money when you want
JYVER (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 31, 2018
Overall Jyve allows me to make a little extra money on the side additional to my full time job. It gives me the ability to have a little bit of extra spending money when I want to earn it and we get paid for our Jyves every week on Friday.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not a lot of work available on my days off
The best job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Coos Bay, OROctober 30, 2018
I absolute love jyve! I wish I would have found this job years ago it's perfect for my life and fits in with everything. The pay is great and I just love what I do
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Great for a supplement job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 30, 2018
I was a stay at home mom for 6 years and my daughter just started school, this has been a great way to stay active and supplement my husbands salary. I love that I get to choose my hours and days.
Pros
Competitive, fast paced, great pay, company looks out for their employees
Cons
Need more jobs available for this area, but they are coming
Great Company to work for!!!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  DetroitOctober 30, 2018
I've been with Jyve for 5 months and I'm incredibly grateful for the opportunity to be a part of the company's continuous growth. I love the flexibility of hours-meaning I choose when I want to work, and that it's up to me when I get off. I can bust my butt and be done in 3-6 hours pending how much I have to do, or I can take my time and take a full 8-10 hour shift. I can wake up early and be there at 7 to get done early, or I can start at 9am and get off later in the day. The best part about it is that I get paid the same either way. Pay is every Friday, and communication is on point. Our district manager is always there when needed and everyone supports each other with the work that we do. Easy work, and you basically work on your own without anyone breathing down your neck. When you know you can work you just go on the app or look-out on slack chat to see if anything is available or pick up work 2 days in advance.
Pros
Flexibility, work on your own, good pay
Jyve Corp.
Jyve Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  St. George, UTOctober 30, 2018
Jyve is a great company to work for. Mission Control is a great support to all Jyvers. Management is considerate and understanding. They work with you, not against you.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
you are a contractor so no benefits
I love Jyve
Vendor Representative (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 30, 2018
As a single mom of three, having this job gives me the opportunity to be with my children. People complain and say they don’t make enough, but if you’re a fast worker, you can actually grab more stores and make a good amount in a day alone. I love how this lets you pick where and when you want to work. And the company itself and people working for it are amazing.
Getting your Jyve on!
Merchandiser/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAOctober 30, 2018
Great job if you need flexibility in your schedule. An unlimited amount of time in your schedule? Then the money you can make is huge. Jyvers are like family, there for eachother and the main staff fantasric
Pros
Flexability
Something to Do on the Side
Merchandiser Contractor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 11, 2018
Jyve funtions a lot like Uber and other on-demand jobs. You have to compete for any work you get against others to "claim" a store, which becomes available 48 hrs in advance. If you have to cancel they want you to call in.

The problem is there are usually more people than there are stores available. And if you are too slow you end up with stores far away. Also you're a 1099 Independent Contractor, so you will owe self-employment tax out of your pay which is like 18% plus any normal taxes.
Pros
Flexbility, Independence
Cons
Self Employment Taxes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jyve Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.