K&G Fashion Superstore Employee Reviews

A delightful working environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILJune 6, 2019
I had the pleasure of working with many great people who I learned from and remain in contact with. The opportunities that K&G presented to me were amazing and I will always be truly grateful.
Poor work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 5, 2019
The typical day at work was usually slow. There was no room for improvement or growth. The work schedule was chaotic, there was poor communication between staff and management.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 28, 2019
I was in college and this was the best job ever! Always worked with my school schedule. All my managers are understanding and all my coworkers were reliable and worked together to get out of there and help the customers
It's a good company to work for.
Asset Protection/Customer-Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2019
It's a good company to work for. I liked the environment and my coworkers. Everyone played their roles, the customers was alright and I never had a problem with my paycheck. Like, i said it was good company to work for. I've worked for others companies that wasn't as good ....
good place to work
Suit Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAApril 2, 2019
My favorite job was working at this small suit store, helping people come in and prepare for any number of different events. It was a very rewarding experience
Fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 1, 2019
My only issue with this job was the pay again. It just was not conducive to the cost of living in New York. Not enough locations for adavamcement as well. My location eventually closed down.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNMarch 25, 2019
All have nothing good to say so I won't say any thing.
Managers are ok
Culture is good
Keeping up the the cleanest of the store
Time off
I don't know how much you want me to say not very happy you can tell.
Pros
Cons
Not frindly
Summary
Cashier-Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2019
I loved working at that store. The discount was incredible. The Christmas parties were always lit. I would be lucky enough to find a few things for my son and my nephews. The sales with the men suits are awesome. There was one year that I found all my nephews including my brother, brother-in-law and father all suits for under $400 (it was the buy 2 get 1 free). We were all winning.
job was pleasant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, IN 46410March 11, 2019
typical work day was not too bad. learned more how to engage with customers. managment was good, could have been better. nothing hard about the job. it was enjoyable to a degree.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
not enough hours/lowm wages
Management takes all the correct and no room to grow
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  northgleen CoMarch 9, 2019
This job held me back from going forward so decided to move to Joplin Mo. I did enjoy selling suits and the people inspired me, no stress type job, I did not learn as much as I helped others grow, the hardest part was the lack of pay for my experience.
Pros
fun
Cons
no comm very little pay
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OhMarch 5, 2019
A typical day at K&G, busy weekends, customers coming and going shopping, picking up alterations. Fast paced on the weekend. Slower through the week but study pace of customers.
Pros
Discount, appreciation days
Cons
Retail never stops.
Its a nice, productive environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2019
Customers are usually delightful. Coworkers balance work and play very well. Possibilities for advancement depend on you. It is essential that you know the product well because customers ask many questions.
Pros
High pace
Cons
Short breaks
Co workers really get you through it
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJanuary 25, 2019
The environment is toxic. Not the coworkers really but the main customers that shop here. They expect you to cater to their every need. It's heavy in customer service but because are easily disrespectful. Mainly on busy weekends before church. If you don't work as a cashier or suits, then this can be a job that you can work at for a long time. (because of minimal customer interaction)
It's an okay job if you're young
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77040January 14, 2019
A good place to work if you enjoy sales and focusing on sale quarters and working weird hours and basically every weekend dealing with rude and obnoxious customers if you like that it's the perfect place for you
Managers are lazy and never leave the ofgice.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 5, 2019
Snow and hurricanes require you to come to work. Vaction days are offered after the manager chooses first. Managers are off all holidays and dont close.
Pros
Employee discount
Providing Excellent Customer Serivce
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 18, 2018
Created positive sales culture, focusing on needs-based selling and celebration of success, allowing sales to occur without disregarding customer experience
K&G Review
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2018
Too much work for too little pay. You have to literally "brown nose" your way up in the company. Managers play favoritism towards employees.
Pros
Supplemental income
Cons
No growth
Hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDDecember 8, 2018
this company did not make enough money to give more store hours for their employees to work. Did not receive the legal amount of breaks required for an employee.
Pros
coworkers were very friendly and helpful
Cons
not enough hours given
Good place to work at
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2018
It was a good place to work at. It was fun and relaxed. I enjoyed my time there and my only reason for leaving was to go back to school to finish my degree.
fun place to work
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDDecember 5, 2018
I enjoyed working here. This is a good place to work. The managements are super nice if they like you, and if you are very hardworking. They will not like you if you are lazy. They will work with you if you have another job or you go to school. i just did not like the fact that you have to pressurize people to sign up for rewards card or buy garment bag and lint rollers. Some of the customers are super rude, while some of them are very sweet. The management will come for you if your metrics paper is looking bad for the day. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Benefits, nice working environment
Cons
customers, rewards program

Ask a question about working or interviewing at K&G Fashion Superstore. Our community is ready to answer.