K-DESIGNERS Employee Reviews

Do not ever work here
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 26, 2018
They treat you like scum. They cheat you out of your money every paycheck. Everyone there is guilty of contributing to the high school drama atmosphere. "The backroom" is the worst place to move into. The morning manager is a boss, not a leader. Micromanages everyone, is write-up happy, to keep them in their place. Seriously, don't work here ever.
Pros
Cons
Treatment, dirty office, fleas, rats, cheat homeowners, lack of communication, home wreckers run the place
Garbage scam job
Marketing Director/Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNOctober 30, 2018
If you love to sell off a sales pitch sheet this is for you. Total scam. They say youll make $250-300 for training, yet they take that off your first commission check which they fail to tell you about. I never got any pay because I quit and they don't pay unless you sell so they can take it from your commission. Stay away!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Lying to scam you into selling for them
Very Busy Outbound Call Center
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 2, 2018
I got a lot of experience working here because it was an outbound call center. This telemarketing jobs helped me build my confidence in speaking to people and sharpened my persuasive skills.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Low pay and high turnover rate in management
Unrealistic expectations
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 24, 2018
Unrealistic expectations.. cold calling home owners..I did love working with my fellow employees..my manager was amazing !!! Not enough hours . Part time only
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Don’t trust management
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2018
Unless you love driving back and forth across the state on any give day and lying to people about the quality of the work/materials, don’t do it.
Had to bite my tongue when owner began preaching his version of religion in nearly every weekly sales call and telling lies about when he was selling 30 years ago.
No integrity in this company, period. Run, don’t walk away
Competitive and fun.
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 8, 2018
Outgoing environment which is totally performance based and has a great bonus structure for outgoing motivated individuals with the drive to move up the latter.
Pros
Flexible schedules, bonuses, incentives
Cons
Not for everyone
Fun face paced work...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 2, 2018
It's a very nice place to work but it also is a lot of pressure and then there's a lot of questions that's being unanswered when it comes down to finding out why you're not making the money that he was pumped up in training to think you were going to make when you are doing enough lead setting to obtain that
Pros
Flexible hrs
Cons
Favoritsism with promotions
Fun work environment
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAAugust 23, 2018
Met some great people however it is a cold call center and that is always tough. The hours were great and you get paid weekly which was really nice! Overall it was an okay job!
95% travel
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  WyomingAugust 7, 2018
Driving 300-500 miles every 2-3 days. Minimal travel allowance, minimal bonus opportunities.Management is not happy. Tension between installers & Marketers
Pros
Commision only
Cons
Travel extensively
K designers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 19, 2018
K designers was a competition job . We would have a employee chart of who makes the most sales in a week . It was very professional there . I just wanted to try something new with better pay .
if you don't know how to sell over the phone good luck
Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 8, 2018
this job can only work if you can sell over the phone in the span of 10 seconds before they hang up on you. that is about it nothing more. oh and mentally perpare yourself to slowly decline into depression.
Work
Outbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAMay 28, 2018
The company lied about how we were getting paid. It was hourly plus bonuses. A lot of customers were upset and wants their number on the do not call list. Was a very stressful environment.
easy, relaxed, and slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 17, 2018
This place if very easy to work at if you are good at talking to people. because thats all that you do is call people and try to sell windows and siding. there was usually little drawings at the end of the day that everyone who sold something is entered into with prizes such as free starbucks drink or some kind of gift card like that. sometimes even a little cash. usually only got one break per day because everyone usually gets part time shifts
Pros
short days, relaxed, daily prizes
Cons
short hours
God awful leads
Marketing director HAHA (Former Employee) –  ColoradoApril 11, 2018
You spend a full week getting trained to cheat yourself out of commissions. Then they send you 100s of miles away with the promise of a lead. 9 out of 10 leads are bogus. People look at you and say "What K huh?" You can't call the leads first to see if they are for real. You can't call the lead generators before you hit the house. They do have some good leads but the managers keep those for themselves. It was the most horrible work experience of my life.
Pros
zero
Cons
pay your own way and work for nothing
Great training and great management
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 4, 2018
K- Designers has a great training and sales system that has helped me in every job since then. Constant motivation and accountability and training was provided, This only helped me become better at my job and make more money.
Pros
Great money
Cons
No guaranteed income. Lots of driving
If you’re a employee great
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 27, 2018
But not if you’re a sub contractor or sales person. Sorry I mean “marketing director”. A bit cut throat for the sales guys and the installations have problems long term.
Poorly Managed
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 14, 2018
My experience at K-Designers was of a poorly managed company. It was rare that there was anyone who could explain how even minor tasks should be performed.
Pros
The accounting manager was kind and helpful.
Cons
Complete lack of training.
good for entry level call center experience
Telemarketer Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 13, 2018
outside of obtaining general call center experience, this job is severely cutthroat and stressful with zero room for true advancement.

supervisors expect you to still close an appointment with grieving widows of military personal without remorse.

great if you have zero heart.
Pros
call center experiance
Cons
everything
Good start
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 13, 2018
This is a good jump start for an entry job. I like the people and the owner was really nice. Call centers are usually very uptight but I found this one pretty chill.
do not work here
Telemarketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAFebruary 8, 2018
i would never want to go back to working for k designers. the management did not train their employees to par. it was a stressful job with people always on your back forcing you to follow script no matter who you talked to and expected us to make appointments for their sales reps to come over and herass them at their homes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at K-DESIGNERS. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about