K-DESIGNERS Employee Reviews

It was like working on a Southern plantation
Home Improvement Solicitor (Current Employee) –  Gold River, CAMarch 13, 2019
A typical work went as follows (I will be very succinct)
You clock in at your set time; pre-shift motivation speech (really was a put down); your shift starts with management walking the aisles, monitoring you call time, the back office listening to your call ins; and management watching your bathroom breaks. Had to endure all of this for $11/hr and for less than 30hrs/wk of work for 6days each wk.
Pros
Work place colleagues
Cons
Training in Sacramento was all full of gimmicks and dishonest.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 14, 2019
They sent me to appointments anyway, after the customer said no to the appointment. I wasted a lot of my time driving to appointments that were not interested. The gimmicks in the sales presentation with 4 different prices turns people off. The products are top notch, but the unethical methods they teach, said to me that the money hype was not worth the effort.
Pros
Good product
Cons
Overpriced, unethical practices, full of gimmicks, 4-5 different deceptive prices.
Terrible company to work for.
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 16, 2019
They won’t train you thoroughly and then fire you for not being properly trained. lazy management. They’ll give you $300 a week for three weeks and if you make a sale, you won’t see any commissions for 2-3 months afterwords.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
My postion allowed me the opportunity to grow professionally
Finance and Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 9, 2019
The compnay gave me the start in a corporate setting and allowed me growth within the company. I am greaatful to have had the chance to be a part of this company and I wish them well.
It’s okay but f you have money in the Bank already
Home Remodeling Sales (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 3, 2019
The home life balance did not exist. You could go from one end of the state to the other in a day. Appointments were hit and miss, most not qualified. After a sale you were not paid until job completed, if mistakes were made in the ordering of product..... you still waited to be paid until completion. Could take up 8 weeks to get paid! Your expenses never stopped.
I felft like I was working on a plantation because of the micromanagement
Home Improvement Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CADecember 23, 2018
You were paid a nominal wage yet you were expected to hold up certain dress codes even though you are not meeting face to face with clients. Standards are unrealistic given the pay.
Its ok
Telemarketer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 17, 2018
The workplace and enviornment is hectic alot of people out their seats talking theirs always music and alotta if active things going on around you and managers always on the floor.
Great Company to work for
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 13, 2018
The CEO and management are always involved on a daily basis and traveling and meeting new customers was very enjoyable. Always room to grow and improvement.
Pros
Travel and good pay
Cons
only home 1 to 2 days a week
Do not ever work here
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 26, 2018
They treat you like scum. They cheat you out of your money every paycheck. Everyone there is guilty of contributing to the high school drama atmosphere. "The backroom" is the worst place to move into. The morning manager is a boss, not a leader. Micromanages everyone, is write-up happy, to keep them in their place. Seriously, don't work here ever.
Pros
Cons
Treatment, dirty office, fleas, rats, cheat homeowners, lack of communication, home wreckers run the place
Garbage scam job
Marketing Director/Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNOctober 30, 2018
If you love to sell off a sales pitch sheet this is for you. Total scam. They say youll make $250-300 for training, yet they take that off your first commission check which they fail to tell you about. I never got any pay because I quit and they don't pay unless you sell so they can take it from your commission. Stay away!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Lying to scam you into selling for them
Very Busy Outbound Call Center
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 2, 2018
I got a lot of experience working here because it was an outbound call center. This telemarketing jobs helped me build my confidence in speaking to people and sharpened my persuasive skills.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Low pay and high turnover rate in management
Unrealistic expectations
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 24, 2018
Unrealistic expectations.. cold calling home owners..I did love working with my fellow employees..my manager was amazing !!! Not enough hours . Part time only
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Don’t trust management
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2018
Unless you love driving back and forth across the state on any give day and lying to people about the quality of the work/materials, don’t do it.
Had to bite my tongue when owner began preaching his version of religion in nearly every weekly sales call and telling lies about when he was selling 30 years ago.
No integrity in this company, period. Run, don’t walk away
Competitive and fun.
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 8, 2018
Outgoing environment which is totally performance based and has a great bonus structure for outgoing motivated individuals with the drive to move up the latter.
Pros
Flexible schedules, bonuses, incentives
Cons
Not for everyone
Fun face paced work...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 2, 2018
It's a very nice place to work but it also is a lot of pressure and then there's a lot of questions that's being unanswered when it comes down to finding out why you're not making the money that he was pumped up in training to think you were going to make when you are doing enough lead setting to obtain that
Pros
Flexible hrs
Cons
Favoritsism with promotions
Fun work environment
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAAugust 23, 2018
Met some great people however it is a cold call center and that is always tough. The hours were great and you get paid weekly which was really nice! Overall it was an okay job!
95% travel
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  WyomingAugust 7, 2018
Driving 300-500 miles every 2-3 days. Minimal travel allowance, minimal bonus opportunities.Management is not happy. Tension between installers & Marketers
Pros
Commision only
Cons
Travel extensively
K designers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 19, 2018
K designers was a competition job . We would have a employee chart of who makes the most sales in a week . It was very professional there . I just wanted to try something new with better pay .
if you don't know how to sell over the phone good luck
Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 8, 2018
this job can only work if you can sell over the phone in the span of 10 seconds before they hang up on you. that is about it nothing more. oh and mentally perpare yourself to slowly decline into depression.
Work
Outbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAMay 28, 2018
The company lied about how we were getting paid. It was hourly plus bonuses. A lot of customers were upset and wants their number on the do not call list. Was a very stressful environment.