K-VA-T Food City Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,005 reviews
A Good Place to Work
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Ringgold, GAJuly 14, 2019
I have been with Food City for 12 years, and my overall experience has been good. The pay is not very competitive, but the family atmosphere and ease of advancement makes it worthwhile for a career.
I loved working there but I was not getting paid enough
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Church Hill, TNJuly 12, 2019
I loved my Job at Food City and I would recommend it to anyone, but I was not getting paid enough to deal with what I was dealing with. Management was amazing and they helped me in every way possible but it was time to leave. I enjoyed the customers and the work itself. It was not a hard job at all and I enjoyed it mostly
Poor Atmosphere
Deli Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNJuly 11, 2019
I think management could be much better in regards to treating employees fairly as well as providing a better work environment. Communication between management and staff could improve.
Meat helper (Current Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNJuly 9, 2019
Great people to work for great pay if you have the experience store manager and assistant managers are really nice i would recommend if someone is starting out to apply
Great people to work with it’s a great first job opportunity!
Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisa, KYJuly 6, 2019
This job is good way to start they are very helpful explain everything how a job works. They are like my family I love my job! Just wish I made more and hour
Pros
Very good to work with if your willing to work they will have no problems
Cons
I have no cons about Foodcity just wish we could upgrade a few things
Awesome Environment
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNJuly 5, 2019
Awesome Environment to be Employed at. Friendly Faces and as well as the co workers. Would definitely recommend for anyone who needs a jooand or career
Its ok
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Harriman, TNJuly 4, 2019
It's an ok job hours can be little and the registers are so old they mess up constantly. Managers are helpful though. Scheduling is done by a program which leaves us short sometimes.
Pros
Cons
Hours, outdated equipment
Not very friendly
Main Reciever (Former Employee) –  Whitesburg, KYJuly 3, 2019
There was an obvious favorite list that was maintained by management. There was no incentive to do better due to the fact that what you did do was never appreciated.
Decent place to work if you can handle the things that go on
Frozen/Dairy Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 30, 2019
It's a good stepping stone job, not a long term job unless your part of the right group. Must be able to tolerate a lot of stuff if ur an old school type person.
Enjoyable Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYJune 29, 2019
Honestly great place to work. Different departments are on different pay scales and have different schedules. Full Time receives PTO, health insurance and profit sharing. Store Managers are easy to get along with, as well as most other Department Managers. Friendly yet professional business. You get to know the customers and look forward to your small conversations with them. The overall vibe is a positive one.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities Available
Cons
Mostly Part Time positions
Very productive and sophisticated work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNJune 27, 2019
Hours were flexible workers were very kind and pay we good for student. Managers were very kind and understanding and they always made sure you stay busy.
Productive prides on customer service
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newport, TNJune 24, 2019
Food city creates a comfortable work environment to ensure a better work flow and a more enjoyable experience for customers. Food City intensifies in making sure every customer has a great experience
High energy pace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJune 20, 2019
Solid family owned business. Hard work is the norm. Fairly easy to be hired. Short training period with minimal follow up training. Not alot of accountability.
Pros
Somewhat flexible
Cons
Zero tolerance on different aspects of the job.
Not the best
Fuel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marion, VAJune 18, 2019
They'll either overwork you - or not at all. And the second you voice your opinion or 'appear problematic', it's over. It started well, but the longer you're there - the worse it becomes. Hopefully it's changed since, but...
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 11, 2019
Management is nice, working conditions are good. A lot of drama with staff, seems to be a "girls club" and they sometimes other deli employees expected them to do their job also. Sometimes staff was hard to work with.
Very productive yet fun work atmosphere. Alot of customer service is a great way to interact with people.
Specialty meat coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harlan, KYJune 8, 2019
A good place to work, but schedule varies drastically from week-week. But overall a good place to work. There is alot of room for advancement if your willing to work and travel.
a description
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Harriman, TNJune 8, 2019
This job has it's moments, but if you can do what is asked of you and follow directions, it can be a great place. Most co-workers are friendly and make the day go along faster sometimes.
Great experiance
Inventory Control & Fixed Assets Manager (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAMay 29, 2019
I really enjoyed working with the company. The CFO was a great mentor to me. He seen growth potential and I was willing to learn. I was able to work across multiple departments with my position exposing me to more of the company.
Fun
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  KnoxvilleMay 29, 2019
Good place to work. Learned people skills management training. Typical day prepping for starting of shift down stack the truck taking pallets where they need to be placed working the product finesse the aisile in a timely manner
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Scheduling
Very productive place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYMay 22, 2019
My review of food city is that, it can be a very nice place to work but some of the managers can be hard to get along with. I'm normally an easy person to get along with, but those few managers tended to have a lot of bad days. Again, fun place to work, just have to deal with some unruly people at times.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
No lunch assistance