K-VA-T Food City
63Average

K-VA-T Food City Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,141 reviews
The people I work with are all so kind. The work is super easy to pick up on, and they have enough training to do so. I have moved around departments to help where needed, and it’s overall been a great experience. Unfortunately, I will be looking to leave this company soon due to a need for higher and/or better placement and pay. I do work well with others and I love my coworkers and our customers as well.
I am on a leave of absence for health reasons right now, but I am a cashier and I really enjoy my job. I enjoy interacting with my customers and my co-workers and I really do not think I have any downside to this job. I have been in customer service for 40 years and I'm used to dealing with all sorts of people whether they are customers, management, or co-workers. All of my managers have always been nice to me and I have very rarely not gotten time off when requested. The actual work is not difficult and if I need to lift something heavy I always have a bagger who can do it for me because I'm an old lady haha. I appreciate the opportunity to have this job to supplement the income from my full-time job, which is in education.
Pros
Good atmosphere, nice people.
Cons
Standing for long hours.
I'm sure you've heard the expression ”Too many chiefs and not enough Indians”, well that applies to this company. You have 3 in store Assistant Managers, a main store manager and numerous department heads or area managers (produce, dairy, meat, front end, stock manager, etc. You will get told different things by different salaried managers and there will be no consistency. Imagine getting told to move item to A and five minutes later someone else comes up and says to move it to B. And then ten minutes later you get fussed at by first manager for moving it to B. You show up to shift and another area manager calls in and you have to cover for them by unloading their truck or answering the door. It's really annoying. Meanwhile, the assistant managers aren't there when the store opens and you have ZERO direction. You work overnight and you arrive to a half unloaded truck or a pallet that was turned over and just left with broken pickles piled on floor. Also, I have to mention the maturity level of employees is absurd. The managers won't hold people accountable and won't stay over (Aren't you salaried?). It's just a chaotic mess, Stay Away! Very bad!
Pros
Job security (Store is understaffed) high turnover.
Cons
Pay, Culture, and if your good at your job they won't promote you (Too hard to replace).
The best part of this job, hands down, is the customers. There is always something to do, leaving little time to get bored or watch the clock. Most positions hire as part time. Being an essential work force, there is no down time during the pandemic, however there is a high turn over rate with employees. While the management team is mostly approachable, little is done to deal with real issues within departments as they seem to always be short handed. The pay rate is very low compared to other retail grocery chains and is not based on work performance, therefore there is no incentive to push yourself to achieve a higher level of work ethic. The idea of 10% does 90% of the work is very true here which is by far the worst part of this work environment. Raises are yearly and average $.13 to $.25, but not guaranteed. Overtime is rare. They would rather shorten your hours daily to stretch your work week to 6 days rather than pay OT.
Pros
Customers are almost always pleasant.
Cons
Low pay rate, few incentives, no discount for employees, high turn over rate
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Corporate cares more than store managers. Store management only cares about their paycheck and taking credit for your ideas to further their position with company
Very well managed. Very clean place. Fair duties. Not a a hard job. Seeing plenty of new faces. Having many conversations and learning it’s of new thing about people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Standing long hours
● Work-life balanceWork-life balance at K-VA-T Food City is easy to maintain.● Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at K-VA-T Food City are excellent benefits. Above Average pay for this area. Although you only get 1 raise a year at $ $ ,25.● Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at K-VA-T Food City, I think very easily attananable.● ManagementIn general, manageres at K-VA-T Food City are EXCELLENT.. At times the UPPER MANAGEMENT was the only reasons why I didn't leave for another. Company. The Dept.Managers can be problematic a lot of the time. Their mood sets the mood for the Entire department. They get annoyed very easily wheather it be at other employees or. Even customers. And be very cautious not to not get on their bad side because that is where I will stay indefinitely. They do not really seem as though they care about any of their employees or now matter how much work they accomplish. The words good job or that's nice rarely are said to anyone??!!..● CultureCollaboration with my cooy● OverallMy experience working at K-VA-T Food City Good👍🏻
The customers was nice but the co workers treated you bad. The pay was not fair at all. The schedule was always flexible for everything that you needed. The coworkers were always easy going.
Pros
Reduced price lunches.
Cons
Short breaks, unfair pay, management.
They pay you peanuts even after 6 months working and having no pay increase. There are not PTO and intermediate vacation time. Insurance benefits are about average. Customers are sometimes rude and security is about average when there are shoplifters.
It was a nice, comfortable environment to work in for the first year I worked in this location. When the 2020 Pandemic Virus came, Management changed their attitudes with myself and my co-workers.
Pros
Management took my ready availability at times.
Cons
The hours were schedule automatically by computer. Did not provide as many hours as I expected.
Kvat foods supports and works with the needs and wants of each employee. They're a great company to work for & very rewarding to help others in need.
Pros
Birthday bonus or paid bday off
Cons
No overtime
Great place to work, a fun environment with flexible hours. Management is great and will do anything to help you in a time of need. Will work with a schedule
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Health care for part time associates
It is a good first job, not to easy not to hard. The people there are very friendly, and my employees all know how to be mature about things and get along.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Short breaks
It’s a very healthy, fun and enjoyable work place. The job is fun and the experience of interacting with customers and fellow employees is great. There is never a day go by where it isn’t fun.
It was a good place to work at. People were nice and I made friends. It was my first job so it was challenging but I learned a lot about working at a grocery store and now I’m looking for a new job.
Pros
Long lunch, breaks
Cons
No benefits, managers aren’t that nice
great learning experience it was very cool. the only issue i had was with scheduling when they had an issue with getting a steady head manager. other than that great place of work
Pros
great work environment
Cons
schedule
Overall, this company is a good place to work. Each store has its own ups and downs, but overall its a good job. They believe in advancing from within, and they stick to this. Depending of your store manager, your pay is semi fair.
I like it, the people I work for was mostly nice and understandable it's a decent job for beginners and it's mainly simple as well but depending on where exactly you work the manager of that store specificly might run it more different than another
Pros
Good experience for beginners, very mobile, and mainly simple
Cons
No steady schedule, pay is decent but only for people starting out
Being a pharmacy tech at food city was a very great job. I enjoyed my time there and would go back if I had the chance to. The pay is not the best, they pay the least for Pharmacy tech, but great hours.
Pros
Full Time Benefits, Family company
Cons
Pay
You will work with some really great people but the level of professionalism in management is lacking. There is a lack of communication all around. It’s basically an adult version of high school.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
You need to be flexible to get the hours you want and management doesn’t take problems seriously.
Everything u have to do in the deli if u don't do it u get jumped by the bakery and deli management. I normally get jumped but I always tell the truth
  1. Employee Reviews