K. Hovnanian Companies Employee Reviews

Use to be great
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHMay 16, 2018
Unfortunately upper Management has changed within the past year which has caused a very unpleasant hostile place to work. Use to be awesome, amazing how 3 people can change a whole division. Sad really, we had a great group of people, now we have lost quite a few and counting.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else.
Allows independent work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 11, 2018
Fast track promoting within this company. Exceptional training program, flexible hours, great technical and marketing support. It is a fast paced and cut throat position in sales.
Terrible
Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2018
This company does not treat their employees, or customers fairly. They treat their customers as if they are doing them a favor by selling them their home.
Pros
Cons
The Company
Stay away
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJApril 10, 2018
Poor management
no direction
favoritism
abusive
No consideration of life outside of work
high stress, especially during impementations
bad bad bad bad
Pros
Nice building
Cons
See above
Hostile culture among the sales people
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 27, 2018
Easy work but very catty culture among the sales people. There's a lot of gossip and rumor spreading. I've seen the supervisors lie just to get a reaction out of customers or sales people. I only worked a few days a week but in the end I was fired for being hospitalized for several days after I crashed my car. I only missed two days after never having even requested a day off. I've also seen high preforming sales people forced out by jealous supervisors.
Pros
Laid back sales offices
Cons
Unsympathetic hostile supervisors
Good home builder
Homeowner Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 21, 2018
Great job very flexible and benefits were great. Bonus very 13 weeks and they had a company breakfast very 13 weeks. They had team building events. Great holiday programs and company dinner. Good home discounts if your in the market to buy a home.
Pros
Good company
Cons
2008 economy times lay-offs.
Best place I have ever worked
Top Producing Agent (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 5, 2018
Great Company to work for! They were nice and always willing to provide the tools to help me learn. The first and best builder I have ever worked for
Demanding, detail oriented, intimidating environment
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLFebruary 20, 2018
This company means well, they are overly demanding without proper training according to their particular company policies. Some managers, not all, were pushy and insensitive.
Great Job minus stingy Management and horrible work conditions
Community Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2018
You do your job and do it well and when your bonus come up for homes built you get switched to another location. You loose you bonuses by being moved to new location and they dont't tell you your being moved till the day you are moved.
Pros
benefits and bonuses when you get them.
Cons
the switch-o-roo when you loose your bonuses
Work Environment Changing
Office Services Coordinator / Benefits Clerk (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJJanuary 23, 2018
Due to the nature of the work, Most Associates are confined to desks for work. Some engage with others for occasional work related meetings. Some will socialize and gather for lunch etc... The current location is conducive to a positive work environment. Access to Red Bank and lunchtime walks and views of the river from many areas the building make this work environment therapeutic in a way. Resources in the area make balancing work and home life more manageable for most, in that 'on-the-way-home' shopping stops are easy and periodic health, grooming and other personal care appointments can be fulfilled without interrupting work schedules. Many use internal gym and/or visit and become members of local exercise studios or gyms. Many have moved to the immediate area as it IS that impressive and enticing.

With our upcoming move, all of this becomes unknown.
Workplace Culture
Network Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 29, 2017
There was always a team learning event where the emphasis was on enriching the education of their employees. The company had a reimbursement program for employees going to college to earn a degree in their field.
Office
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2017
receive invoices, sort, make a few phone calls, correct billing error, key in invoices, adjust calculations, batch, match, file, audit, reports, UPS, add bills to collective bill. Contact point of contacts. Email lots of Email. Check to make sure billed correctly. Contact area manager for authorization. Send out montly disconnects. handle permit and inspection issues. Set up utilities.
In cubicles, friendly staff, air conditioned environment, sometimes need heater, Decorate for Halloween and celebrate birthdays.
Pros
fun company events
Cons
deli down stairs closed
Excellent company to work for
Community Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 15, 2017
My experiences at K. Hovnanian are all positive. Plenty of room for advancement. Highly energetic atmosphere. Great benefits and people to work with
Nice place, easy temp work
Legal Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJNovember 5, 2017
I worked as a temp in the legal department for 2 months. I was somewhat boring, but the employees are very nice and the building is beautiful. I would definitely take another temp position there.
Pros
relaxed enviornment
Good while it lasted
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 8, 2017
It was good when we were busy and with the housing market crash a lot of layoffs as expected. Management, people and culture was great. Benefits and work life balance was as good as it gets.
Great company to work for!
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2017
I loved my position as a New Home Sales Consultant! My favorite part of the job was working with first time home buyers and handing them keys the day of closing. The hardest part of the job was leaving communities that I sold in for a long time. I opened and closed several communities during my time with Brighton Homes/K. Hovnanian Homes. I loved the challenge of doing both!
Pros
Great commission, training programs and sales challenges
Cons
Late nights and working on holidays
Very high stress environment
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 20, 2017
lots of travel and on call 24x7. Secure placed to work for but no room for advancement nor are there hardly any bonuses. Company does not like to keep up with modern technology.
Extremely productive when the housing market was booming
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino County, CAJune 10, 2017
When real estate was good a typical day was hectic and busy keeping up with all of the new homes that were being built. However, the housing market declined and the company had to lay off most of the staff.
Pros
When the housing market was busy work was good
Cons
when the housing market declined so did employee morale
great co-workers
CAD Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJMay 14, 2017
Great work environment. All of my co-workers are very down to earth people, who I never mind grabbing a drink with. Management needs to get it together and start giving raises.
Pros
free friday breakfast, in office gym
Cons
barely any room to grow. would rather not give raises and lose great workers.
Still around
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJApril 4, 2017
This company gave me my first experience with Project management and estimating. I am grateful for the experience and realized I then that I have technological savvy when they sent me for training on excel and their software.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at K. Hovnanian Companies. Our community is ready to answer.