KBR Inc

KBR Inc Employee Reviews

Found 2,329 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,356 reviews

KBR Inc insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Family-oriented culture, with a leadership team that truly cares about the employees

Great place to work! Work at client site; however, good communication methods from corporate to foster feeling of inclusion Management team pulls out stops to help team members obtain assignments commensurate with their career aspirations and goals

Pros

believing leadership is truly concerned for the employees and their well being

Cons

working at client site predominately precludes regular involvement in networking, corporate activities

Like family

Keep in touch!Occasional turnarounds. Have nccer, safety council,Physically fit,Clean work history. Show up ready to work.Work safety.Listen carefully.

Pros

Nice environment

Fun workplace Manny experiences encountered

Electrical Q/A Inspections and repair by electrical shop. A very good experience working with management and co-workers Worked on electrical system and bring up to standards.

Pros

INSCOM (G4 GIL) Korea

Cons

INSCOM (G4 GIL) Korea

If you don't want to work for the government, but still want to

As a member of the union, job security is, well..secured. It takes a lot to get fired--like you really need to messs-up to do so. The leadership is top-notch in my opinion--mostly comprised of vets. This is great because direction is clear...unless you're unfortunate and get some incapable supervisors/managers.. Wasn't the case for me though. Love the work-life balance..PTO, Sick leave, personal holidays and 11 paid holidays! LOVE IT.. Never spent more time with my family compared to other employers. The leadership, at least supervisors will require some improvement..but then again, everyone else just needs to do their job and stick to the objectives of the day/week/month/year.

Pros

work-life balance; union worker unless you're a supervisor and above

Cons

lazy coworkers, you're part of the union, occasional inept supervisors/managers

Gone Woke

KBR’s corporate culture has gone woke in the last couple of years. Things like unconscious bias training are now mandatory. Alternative lifestyles are promoted, but traditional values are never mentioned.

Pros

Work/life balance

Cons

Woke

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

I do not recommend working here

This organization has a terrible onboarding process, they provide little to no information, training or guidance and you have to figure things out by yourself constantly but you are expected to deliver and perform. I would not work for this organization.

Sets the stage well for good success at the job and the work.

KBR is focused on performance, delivering the absolute best for the Client. From Top Management to the Line Worker in the Field, every aspect of the needed Job requirements are considered and tailored to provide for success. KBR works to keep their skilled workers satisfied and at maximum productivity. A Winning Formula.

Pros

Working with good People. Everything provided.

Outstanding company

Outstanding company with a solid corporate culture and good attitude towards employees. Good compensation, great atmosphere inside teams and well-established work processes.

Pros

Compensation, professionalism

Cons

The amount of workload is sometimes overwhelming

It’s okay

Ok work environment. Has turned into a call center, so it can be difficult completing caseload tasks. Management is cool, overall work environment is okay.

Working for KBR

In theory, KBR could be a fabulous place to work. In actuality, it is more depressing that not. Double standards are in play. Say one thing and do the exact opposite happens frequently. What's wrong for you, is ok for a "friend" If you are not the same ethnic group, then you become illiterate and are occasionally talked down to. Brow beating is a better term. It is an atmosphere where diversity and inclusion becomes subjecting and humiliation. Micromanagement is rampant. Retalliation is prevalent. Many people work many hours without compensation. Of course the leadership will always say, no one told you to do so; however, if extra time is required to complete a mission, usually that is a no no. Example, during the onset of COVID, many people, in order to complete the tasks at hand, worked 15 plus hours a day, only to be told, KBR would no pay over 12. We had a choice, mission failure or do the job. If you have mission failure, you are called in and humiliated. To avoid that, we just did the job.The blind eye approach of the Senior Leadership is what really becomes embarrassing. Perhaps they should try the undercover boss approach to see what is really happening... if they really do care.Of course, I am only speaking of the contracts I have worked on. I am sure somewhere there must be an atmosphere where folks are happy employees. There are also a host of extremely good leaders and employees working for KBR on project, I am sure where the atmosphere is very pleasant.

Pros

Vaccines, food, laundry services, housing are free

Cons

Transportation is almost non existent and what is available, many would never be allowed on highways in the US or Europe. Supplies, parts, take a tremendous amount of time to be purchased and arrive.

Excellent company to work for

The company turned my job into a career. Provides ongoing training. Additionally, the pay is great, along with the benefits. My team is the best, from management down to me. Safety and Zero Harm is the culture.

Pros

Work environment, pay

Cons

At the time I worked there what I noticed most was the amount of over all experience there was for all the disciplines. They could engineer and build anything and it was great to be apart of the team.

Lack of integrity when it comes to leadership.

I have worked for KBR for 10 years. During this time I have found that when issues arise that point out the failures of management, the company does not take the necessary steps to ensure that the ones pointing out the issues are anonymous and more importantly free from retaliation. I have personally been involved in this and it left a big stain on the company from my point of view. I enjoy my job but the hassle of having to be careful of what you say will be a looming concern. Please take this into consideration when applying.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Lack of integrity of management

Long hours but excellent pay.

KBR was a great place to work when I was employed there. Advanced training, excellent benefits, and awesome leadership were a few of the things that stood out. Safety was a priority within their business culture from the CEO all they way down to the Logistic Warehousemen.KBR specializes in Military support such as MHE equipment, communication devices, Military vehicles, to government issued PPE.

Benefits

Cons

Decent contracting job to get your foot in the door

Shipboard is what you make of it but as soon as you leave the states you are basically non existent to the company as we seen when the pandemic hit it only confirmed our statements of how things where being handled

Terrible company

Terrible company and company management not much room for growth lazy personnel are allowed to grow as long as they’re in the in crowd Egotastic management

Cons

Great Company to work for.

The managers care about they people they bring in will fit in with the companies culture. Interviews are panel, they move quickly to hire. Onboarding could be better but I think they are working on it. They do give you the tools and training to be successful.

Pros

Pay, work/life balance, culture

Cons

Contracting world companies are coming for the employees so retention is a problem.

Great money and travel experience

Good company to work for international work. Working on a military base in a foreign country and having the opportunity to work along side foreign nationals and other military members.

Pros

Great money

Cons

Work everyday because its all about the money

Good pay and hours, not great environment

3 day weekends, every other week. Optional overtime was offered. Management was kind of joke. Changing things every other day, and never really having anything set in stone.

Great company to work for, productive and professional all the way

Great company to work for if you are willing to sacrifice been away from the family, pay is great and easy work, Safety is the Number one priority for everything no matter what. If you are a team player and can follow rules and adapt. Welcome, this is the company for you.

Pros

Salaries

Cons

Limited Vacation time

Worst job experience ever.

I regret ever taking this job. My start date kept getting pushed out further and further away from the initial start date I had expected to start but by that time I had already given my 2 weeks notice at my previous job and didn’t actually get to start working for a almost 3 weeks until my last day from my previous job. When I actually got to start, I found out that I was completely on my own at the Honeywell facility I was sent to work at. There were no other maintenance workers around that I was expecting to work with and and my manager worked in a different state where I was. IT also never got my log in credentials set up for my first day so for the first 2 weeks I was doing absolutely nothing. There was no clear goal of what I was supposed to do the entire time.

Pros

Pay was good. Lots of free time to look for a new job.

Cons

Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBR Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9K
1.4K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight