KBR Inc
74Above average

KBR Inc Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA29 reviews
Nice and important work for DoD. Confidential Work. Supported several differen t groups.
Pros
technocal company
Cons
small group to support
I worked in Bethesda Maryland for no less than 50 hours per week. Most people I worked with everyday were very nice professional people. My immediate manager was great. I was promoted 6 times and voted MVP twice. The only problem I ever had that was the General Manager. He was a Baptist preacher from Texas who could not accept "most" employees. I never imagined that no matter how well I did my job would not matter. Yet, what I learned inspired me to return to college and earn several degrees. I just hope I have the opportunity to be only judged on my professionalism. I'm sure there are better places to work.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Horrible management
Poor Leadership - needs to be held accountable and should be reviewed by top executives more frequently. Some of the Leadership is stressed due to workloads and employees are treated unfairly and verbally abused. Even employees with long tenure are not totally happy. They tolerate the abuse.
Pros
Diverse and great salary
Cons
Leadership lacks
Good place to get your foot in the door. Large variety of projects to gain experience. Fairly typical construction company, always do what is asked and you'll be fine.
Pros
Good place to start
Cons
Lack of organization/management
Good company with good people. Offered design and construction on major projects worldwide. My role was to provide business development for the services offered.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I have a lot of opportunities to learn new skills.
Three day weekends

Good compensation

Company has great reputation.

Chance to learn from brilliant minds from across the globe.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people around me. However we experienced multiple layoffs and they always occurred around the Holidays.
This was a SETA job, working at the US Army G-38, Pentagon. Worked in direct support of the Division head on various Improvised Explosive Defeat (IED) technologies. Worked on various classified projects, including Intelligence Community related. Also worked in support of CENTCOM related projects.
KBR Legal was an excellent place to work to develop one's professional expertise in many legal areas. It was a collaborative, collegial environment staffed with excellent, highly-qualified attorneys. I miss the company and the legal staff, having voluntarily resigned for personal reasons.
Pros
Collaborative, talented legal colleagues; ability to manage legal matters, independently
Cons
Travel, voucher, reports
Recently merged with and electronics company in an effort to diversify their portfolio. Moving away from a myopic focus on services. Some leadership "churn," but not at an unusual rate. Good people to work with.
A highly diverse group of dedicated professionals engaged in providing the best of services to our nation's military worldwide. I worked for KBR for three years, reluctantly leaving due to pressing family issues.

From the day I came on board, until the day I left, I was impressed with the overall job culture, the passion for excellence, and the resilience of both the workforce and the leadership. Working at KBR was not easy, but it was always an enjoyable challenge! The work was detailed and the processes demanded a thoroughness that I had not oftened experienced in prior employment. The hours were long, to include working many weekends, during the push to get proposals to the client, but there was also tremendous excitement in seeing literally thousands of hours of work (the group's collective effort) payoff when the federal government announced that KBR had won out over several other highly capable and respected competitors. Not much better than that, professionally.

Lots of great comraderie and friendships are developed when working in the "trenches" with other like-minded and like-focused professionals. Truly amazing people.
Pros
Salaries, benefits, quality of personnel, challenging and rewarding
Cons
Work/Life balance, skewed greatly towards work due to the sheer level of effort involved/required.
This position and company are second to none. They help in all areas, including helping you grow as a person. Their leadership should've commended for the atmosphere they have established.
KBR is a great and fun place to work. It is a great place for career development and also to collaborate with other peers in a fun and fulfilling way.
The culture was well rounded and the job was enjoyable on a daily basis. I learned several air related emissions and documentation for the reporting of air quality.
Pros
Was surrounded by very intelligent people
Cons
The work space was to small and cramped
KBR has evolved substantially over the years and seems to continue to stay strategic in their bidding process for their government division. The leadership is passionate about the programs they operate.
Pros
leadership team, mission
One of the best management teams I worked for in the Business Development department. So sad that Wyle IS is not longer around.
Pros
BD department at every level of management was awesome
Cons
IS Division no longer exists.
Very first class corporate environment example for other corporations to follow. I exceeded will in this corporate environment providing leadership and hard work to excel.
Wyle Laboratories as a research group in acoustic no longer exists. The company is out of business it was sold to a bunch of thieves that destroyed a great R&D group dedicated to acoustics.
great place to work until company split. great employees chain of command was in good order i was under the impression this was not a required item from head hunters
A typical day began with analyzing working aids and schedules to determine IT project deliverables due. This included managing and creating contracted IT deliverable reports due weekly, monthly, and quarterly; standard operating procedures (SOPs); and metrics. Overall, these documents numbered nearly 200 separate items which routinely needed editorial and formatting assistance. The position required coordination with other team members in person or through email communication. Company management was kept informed of progress and risk levels associated with late submission of documents/data from team members.

To meet 508 compliance for documentation, Microsoft Word's Accessibility feature was studied and implemented.

Strict organizational methodologies were necessary to ensure documentation successes for the customer.
Pros
Mostly cooperative team members made the work enjoyable.
A very good company to work for when they have the contract to perform on. Great job locations
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lost sight of what made them good, their people
Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBR Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
1.8K
1.3K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at KBR Inc.