KBR Inc
Happiness rating is 75 out of 100

KBR Inc Pay & Benefits reviews

Good company to work for. A little slow in responding to the needs of the employees overseas. Salary good. Benefits good. Easy to communicate with. Interview process good.
Pros
Salary, locations and vacation process
Cons
Slow response to overseas employees
They did not pay me the correct amount of hours I worked and my holiday pay, it took them a month to give me my paycheck. HR department can't do anything to help their associates.
Pros
Work was easy
Cons
Lack of organization
Not a terrible place to work. Benefits were decent. 9/80 work week. However they consistently lay people off both before and during covid. I met so many people that had been laid off (though at least called back later, even if it was YEARS later). It was truly the thing that made me the most uneasy about working there.
Pros
9/80 schedule
Cons
Location, layoffs
They treat you like meat. Expect to work many hours. They promise to bring you on full time but never do. Some guys have been there for years with no Paid time off or benefits. Management is terrible. They never give any feed back and hide behind the bureaucracy of the company. It is good to use as a spring board to other superintendent opportunities and that is about it. Its not a place to call home.
Pros
steady work. Gain experience to build your resume if you need it.
Cons
too many to list. Bad management about sums it up
Decent job, laid back. Work is steady but so time to relax. Good starting point for someone to looking to get there feet wet. Potential to make money if you do your courses. High demand job.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
If it wasn't for my co-workers. I would have pursued other opportunities long ago. We, my co-workers and I have the same ethics and outlook toward providing the best product published. Hands down, we are a good team, company wide.The current upper management does not understand our business. The CEO is not of our business world/model. He doesn't understand how projects are won in our industry and how to pursue them with finical success.
Pros
People are GREAT!
Cons
Upper management needs to learn our business, Benefits cost is too expensive for a self insured company.
All good things so far with this company. CEO seems to believe in one KBR. Working from home has been a challenge for most but, Kbr has excelled in my opinion.
Pros
Benefits culture
Cons
Steady long term consistent work in EOC Y TV_
I enjoyed my time there. Management was very open, welcoming and encouraged personal professional development. The pay and benefits were good. The work/life balance was also fair.
Pros
Great team
The company is changing and no one in upper management is communicating with the employees. That tells you much about the future. The company pays better than average, benefits are average, salary increases are small.
Good place to work when youre experienced in a field and want to get hands off and a flexible schedule.There is a plateau for what you learn when on a project and then its a lot of document updating from clients. A bit tedious but not really challenging intellectually
Pros
flexible hours
work work work.KBR is a good company The problem with the industry currently is you have one individual that says bid it to win it, and then we all get screwed making up for the low bids with pay and hour cuts.FU R.S you know who you are.
KBR is a good company overall except now they don't have really a lot of projects and have cut our hours. I hope it turns better in the future. Due to the nature of the oil/gas segment there were frequent lay offs in the company.
Pros
good pay
Cons
frequent layoffs if the market is bad.
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at KBR Inc are great.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at KBR Inc, I think there is none. It's day to day, project to project, and who you are in tight with.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at KBR Inc is stressfully. There's no leader and everyone's going in five different directions. Certain project managers do not let the design leads do their job.OverallStressful. If you care about doing a good job, this place will drive you mad. I switched rolls no less than 8 times in the 2 years I was there, and sometimes back again. It's about the money, get it out the door.If you are over 35 and you are not in tight with the old gang it's harder. It is definitely a clicky company.
Coworkers were great and made for great teamwork. There are not much opportunity for salary increases in facilities but other divisions may offer better chances.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
No raises
Productive workplace, knowledgeable employees, quality work, flexible work schedule, management is very helpful, excellent training and knowledge transfer, very demanding clients, compensation and benefits are very good
Pros
Productive workplace, knowledgeable employees, quality work
Cons
Downtown location, unstable industry
I did love the work. I miss doing it. Had a great time. Upper management was fantastic and so where my coworkers. Could not ask for a better company to work for
Pros
401k MATCH! Time off when needed.
Cons
Can’t think of any
Constant move of jobs to India to layoff workers in Houston makes for an awful atmosphere. Company still making lots of profit but yet employees pay is still reduced at 10 percent.
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
Moving projects to India offices
Once you have your dally plan you work independent, if you have any doubt you can consult with a coworker then the help would be given to you in a simple way to re route to find the answer.Nice environment in the work areas offices.Lunch time can be re arranged to avoid cruses.Schedule to work per weeks are very flexibles and with an option to work one another Fraidy.
Pros
You can select time to have lunch.
Cons
Over time was limited at 20 hours per week.
Management will sacrifice you in order to save themselves. They have big plans and desires but they aren't willing to change or take a risk to do things better or different.
Pros
Reasonable compensation
Cons
Lack of support and willing to sacrifice the employees to look good to the client
We have a great group of people working together. The owners are involved in the day to day business, always helping to make things better. They offer a competitive wage and great benefits. Some place you can be comfortable working for the long-term!
Pros
Schedule, Holidays, Pay/Benefits
Good place to work. As long as they have work.The food court downstairs was convenient and good. Hours were flexible. As long as you balanced your time for beating traffic it wasn't bad at all..