KBR Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Expediter and tool room manager (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXOctober 16, 2018
The last KBR job was real good for the first 15 months then I was moved to another job site under a manager that did nothing but criticize ever thing You said or done
Hard Working professional
Project Executive (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 14, 2018
A hard-working environment with more than adequate chance to advance. Professional environment. The environment could have been lighter thus more enjoyable
Pros
Salary
Long days and good pay
Global Engineer and Construction Company (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXOctober 7, 2018
It was hard work and long days and one weekend off a month to come see family. Challenging workdays they kept me busy. Big jobs with lots of workers to keep safe.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no work life balance
fun to work
Electronic Technician One (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYOctober 3, 2018
KBR was fun to work for . We all got along. and the bosses just pointed us at what needed done. And let us go to work. Work was always something that was needed to be done just right.
Pros
Easy to work for.
Cons
Parking
Good Managers and great people
Equipment Operator (Al Asad Air Base) (Former Employee) –  Al Asad, IraqOctober 1, 2018
Had the pleasure of working with some of the most professional people good hours and good paid for the work performed had a wonderful time working for Kellogg Brown and Root every time.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long periods between vacations
plenty of carts, trucks, office facilities. Good people.
Civil Supervisor/Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXSeptember 26, 2018
plenty time for assignments, relaxed. Some stress.
good project managers and superintendents.
People got along for the most part.
Getting support from other crafts, but not very often.
Having a great safety record and bringing in a project under budget.
Pros
Good people. Good facilities
Cons
Sometimes too many people in your business
Well respected company in the industry
Sr Project Manager / Sr Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2018
A very good company to work for. Collaborative work culture. Management is very supportive. Industry is cyclical, so work stability can be an issue.
Productive and Learning
Mat'l/Logistics Coord., Secretary, Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2018
I worked for KBR (Brown & Root) Halliburton, for 20+ yrs,. I was at different locations. I worked in the chemical plants and the main office. The hardest part of this job was not knowing where you would be working once the job you were on was complete. Loved all the people that I worked with except for the last location. In some locations they provided a gym & cafe. I absolutely loved my boss. He was very laid back and easy going, never made you feel under him.
Pros
Gym, Cafe, Time off
Cons
Moving from job to job
Workflow
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  EuropeSeptember 24, 2018
Very challenging place to work. Mission is ongoing and steady, workloads are constant and reliable. The company cares about it's employees, and focuses on the things that merge good working realtionships and employee cohesion.
PIPERFITTER (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Great job site very safety oriented so work was slow had to wear earplugs and ear muffs when grinding would get fired if caught using cool down tents in 105 degree weather
Pros
hot lunch if we did good safety wisw
Old School culture. Difficult to get things moving.
President, North American Government and Logistics (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 19, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people around me. However we experienced multiple layoffs and they always occurred around the Holidays.
it was stressful being in the war but work was good.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I didn't mind the work and the pay was good. I had to witness stressful and terrifying scenery. Through this rough time people maintained a positive attitude.
Pros
easy work, good pay
Cons
bad scenery, stressful
Good workers as a team
A) Back up foreman (Former Employee) –  Chase, LASeptember 18, 2018
Well satisfied with working for company. They are for the working man with good advancement.Always oportunity to advance. Good benefits. We had good equipment to work with. They appreciate work ethics and the full safety of their employees. Employees are rewarded when good job performance is completed. Most companies move on to next project, as to where we were told "good job". Time off or days off were valued and allowed if need be. I enjoyed my job and worked as much as possible. There was always work and allowment to work with others.I enjoyed my experience there and the opportunity to advance myself and get any certifications that I could get. Over all, it was a learning experience.
Pros
Ability for overtime
Lack of leadership
PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Longview texasSeptember 18, 2018
Employee morrall down constantly due to upper management. The quality of tools being used were very unsafe and outdated. New safety man ever so often would incorporate more and more safety guidelines which hindered production.
Pros
Scheduled time off
Cons
Pay
great place to work
Movement Control Foreman (Former Employee) –  Camp Taji, IraqSeptember 18, 2018
KBR was a great company to work for. This is a company that promotes from within, and sets it employees up for success. I would recommend KBR to anyone looking to contract overseas.
n/a
IT Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
great place to learn and grow in the I. T. realm. forged a lot of long lasting relationships with great people across the globe. the overall experience was like non other. It changed my life for the better.
Good work environment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  VariousSeptember 11, 2018
Met many good people and expanded my horizons. Was able to learn various technical trades and worked with many subject matter experts. I highly recommend this company.
Brag more and explain why you're better
Technical Professional Leader - Field Construction (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
They need to get more awards to keep their core group employed. The skill and organizational maturity that differentiates them from their competition is what needs to be highlighted to the customer as providing value to the projects.
challenging days
Boilermaker/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 8, 2018
I handled various job duties and learned various tools in order to complete each task

I obviously learned how to build trust with Supervision and perform the tasks that they allowed me to complete.

Traveled al ot during this event/events
Pros
it was a job that paid fair at the time
Cons
not much opportunity to grow at the time
everyone believe in the safety culture
Millwright Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXSeptember 4, 2018
i had a good time working there.every morning we had the safety meeting. talked about the basic safety hazards of the work area. after the meeting we went to crew meeting and were assigned are daily job. everyone was about the safety around the job
Pros
everyone was about safety
Cons
way to much about safety