KBR Employee Reviews

Found 1,654 reviews matching the search See all 3,177 reviews
Professional atmosphere
Senior Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Ingleside, TXJuly 19, 2018
I like working for kbr/chemours but I am looking for a change in venue. Would definitely recommend kbr to anyone looking for steady employment in comfortable surroundings.
good company to work for if EVER given the chance
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXJuly 18, 2018
not a terrible company to work for at all, management for pretty laid-back and the work was available. would definitely recommend working for KBR, if their hiring process wasn't so difficult.
Pros
good people, good work environment
Cons
n/a
Amazing pay but you're away from love-ones
Logistics coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
When I was there, the pay was great. The biggest drawback was being away from the family. I had a good manager, treated me fairly and the job itself was pretty easy. There some that werent happy being there but loves the pay. Which didnt make sense to me. There is room for advancement and make six figures. My time with KBR overall is one that I will never forget.
Pros
Great pay, good benefits and good people
Cons
Working overseas and dangerous country assignment.
RCM Analyst/Senior Business Manager (Current Employee) –  New Boston, TXJuly 16, 2018
Typical day is meeting with government customers and making their job easier by giving solutions to the problem. Hardest part of the job is that it is contract work. The culture is like most office cultures. Management does not micro-manage. They like you to think on your own but still provide help if needed.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Healthcare
Overall Great place to work, very good company that takes care of the employees.
Insulator Helper (Former Employee) –  Jackson, ALJuly 15, 2018
Job was not bad at all, had to extract some old insulation and the replacement of some covers. Made sure the job area was safe, and having all proper PPE; kept the work yard area clean, and organized.
Fun job
Computer Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2018
A typical day is spent preparing equipment for delivery to customers, making the deliveries and then picking up the retired assets about 48 hours later, The work is mostly in a warehouse, so the atmosphere is relaxed. Management lets me know what I am expected to do and then allows me to do the work without micro-management. What I find enjoyable is learning more about the methods of workflow in the warehouse, how the material is tracked.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Warehouse work, it's either cold or hot
Fast paced environment on site
Project Principal Timekeeper (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 13, 2018
I mainly worked projects in the field and it was very fast paced. I really enjoy the project work, traveling to different sites and states, and meeting all different types of people.
Hazardous
SENIOR SECURITY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  FOB BuccaJuly 11, 2018
Working in Iraq. Enemy fire a continuous concern. Work 7 days a week, 12 hours per day. 2 Week paid vacation every 4 months. Meals and quarters provided. Temperatures can reach 145 degrees in the summer. Convoys between bases are extremely hazardous. Travel into and out of the country is hazardous. Great people on the sites.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hazardous Duty
great place
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
KBR was a great experience; i'd recommend KBR to anyone, i often wished I could get my old Fuels job back, but the competition is fierce to be re=selected to work again for this company
I enjoyed my years at KBR
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2018
Working at KBR allowed a certain amount of flexibility in getting the job done. Management were open to ideas of persons with experience and a record of being able to complete their assigned duties.
Mission driven in support of the war fighter
Logistic Manager (Current Employee) –  Camp TajiJuly 7, 2018
KBR,

Goal is to provide the best service for service members deployed down range. The environment is fast paced mission oriented; we deliver a professional product.
Pros
Interacting with all coalition forces
Cons
84 hours a week min
Needed a Secret Clearance to enter the buildings.
SR. CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2018
Provided guidance, procedures and responsibilities during the Certification & Accreditation under DHS 4300 A,

IT Contingency Planning in support of NIST 800-53 compliance

For a typical day at KBR,we (the team) would have to talk to many managers from different departments to see if they were compliant with the NIST 800-53 and DHS 4300 A rules and regulations.

I learned all the stipulations of each contingency plan and the responsibilities for Certification and Accreditation.

Workplace culture was strict, all employees had to wear badges to show their identity.

The hardest part of this job was getting to the KBR building (lots of Traffic.

The most enjoyable part of the job was actually learning about compliance rules and regulations.
Pros
Our contacts were willing to work with IBM contractors to get the job done.
Cons
Traffic
some days were worse that others
Process Operating Support lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXJuly 3, 2018
Sometimes you worked really hard and sometime you had laid back days.bBut the pay stayed the same for 5 years,Thats what made it easy for me to leave.
Lack in IT management
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
KBR did not have strong IT management. technology lay back and did not promote individual to do their work. workplace culture is not working friendly and individual focused.
good company good pay
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2018
worked 12 hour days 7 days a week in Iraq,good team work able to move up to a supervisor role quickly. Learned now to become a good Transportation Supervisor.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
no days off
Place of opportunity
Paint & Insulation Gen. Foreman (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJune 28, 2018
I have been with KBR over 65 years, I like working for them for the most part but the last couple of jobs the Management was not the same. They looked the wrong way on a lot of things that were costly. I still like KBR but am prepared to work for other contractors am not as devoted to them as I was.
Pros
They had great benefits
Cons
The employees don"t get recognized enough
Contract life
Senior Logistics Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2018
Working on contract in a foreign country is something that is not for everyone, I particularly enjoyed it because it was a structured atmosphere. Supporting our military is always a joy.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
contract ended
n/a
Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Bagram, AfghanistanJune 26, 2018
I do not feel this is a necessary part of finding a job. I have been separated from this company for three years nearly and have nothing bad to say about them.
Productive & Fun
HSE Administrative Specialist - US Construction (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJune 26, 2018
I learned allot working for KBR at one of our job sites. We worked hard and I enjoyed the change of pace and the different cultures that I worked around.
Cons
Contract was only temporary
Great company
Designer - Pipe (Current Employee) –  Orange, TXJune 21, 2018
This company gave me a chance to come to work an learn an make myself a better person job wise an get to enjoy the job they have taught me to do, I would never look back only forward an that is all because of kbr.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Pay level is not as high as others