KBR Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
51.4K
Found 1,615 reviews matching the search See all 3,116 reviews
Kbr
IT Technician/ Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  APO, AE, 09393, USMay 20, 2018
Stressful at times, good company overall, worked in Iraq. Learned a great deal and it was an adventure. Management was great, other employees were easy to work with and helpful.
Pros
Money was good
Cons
It was in Iraq and they didn't have paid vacations
Good People to work with
Director, Audit Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2018
Good company to work for but it has been in constant cost cutting mode for last 5 years and dont see that changing anytime soon. Pay is reasonable but offers AWW for Houston employees.
Fairly OK
Contractor Safety manager (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALMay 19, 2018
KBR management asked unreasonable time frames for implementing corp.policy and training sessions.

Entire corp. safety personnel were laid off and replaced with new unknown people.
Pros
Good work relations with sub-contractors
Cons
to many cheifs and not enough indians
good people lack of leadership
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYMay 17, 2018
They were new in construction, and they didn't have real leadership. so they brought me him to help them grow. we went from doing projects of $35,000 to $ 200,00 and we were still growing. management was not focus to the future
An experience
Administrative Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
Working in the Postal Mission it was an experience working overseas in Bagdad, Iraq. Sorting mail, x-ray the foot lockers that went out of the unit. Putting mail in the employees mail slots was a lot different from my other jobs.
Productive Enviroment
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  601 Jefferson South Houston, TX.May 15, 2018
Very good work experience in pre-feed and detail engineering, management experience. Good workplace culture. Provide good Job Work/Life Balance for employees.
Pros
Team work
its great place to work
QA/QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2018
KBR is the best PMC i have worked ever with. Great entry level position with stability, structure and guidance from management. Not to mention the positive work-life balance and fun young culture that goes with the company.
Exciting work experience
National BD Manager, Major Construction (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2018
KBR Government is an exciting fast paced company to work for. They are involved in pursuing large specialty projects for the military worldwide and have detailed procedures and processes in place that must be adhered too as the pursuit goes through the system.
Pros
Exciting and new work
Cons
Hard work but paid well, temporary work, laidoff
Carpenter and Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 11, 2018
KBR is a good company to work for, the work is hard but pay is good. All construction work it is temporary, when the job is complete you are laid off.
Great Company
Logistics Coordinator/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77002May 10, 2018
I was contracted in Iraq by KBR and in that time I received a ton of knowledge in the fields I worked. The work environment was on a military base so I assumed it would be a little intense. But it was pretty relaxed and I got a lot of hands on experience.
Some inability to provide the correct people for a particular position
TAB quality control (Former Employee) –  Deveselu, Romania (OCONUS)May 9, 2018
I was treated very well by the upper management on site. Unfortunately, some of the critical issues that I had brought up to them were discarded at that time, only to be brought up and corrected later on after spending hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Pros
ability to travel home @ every 3 mo's. This was needed and appreciated.
Cons
Poor judgement on hiring their mechanical superintendent.
Great company to work for.
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXMay 7, 2018
Great company to work for. Excellent safety program. Great pay. Incredible staff. They offer taining after work hours to help one advance not only in job status but also pay. I would go back in a heart beat. The down side they travel a lot. International. But the pay is off the hook.
Kbr
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2018
I have worked for KBR for 10 years. They like to hire from outside the company. The benefits and pay are getting worse every year. Time to start looking.....
Kin folk, brothers and relatives
Senior Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2018
I did receive advancement during my time at KBR but it was through a single manager who saw my potential. KBR was not my favorite company due primarily to my first three supervisors. My last two supervisors were exceptional.
Pros
Open door to overseas working
Cons
Long hours away from home
All work
Technical Services Leader (Former Employee) –  Ash SharqīyahMay 7, 2018
Worked on the Sadara Chemicals Project (formerly Ras Tanura Integrated Project – RTIP) which was a joint venture mega project in the Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia between Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) and The Dow Chemicals Company to build the largest petro chemical complex (26 world class manufacturing units) ever built at one time
Very productive place to work and really enjoyed it.
Pumper/Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYMay 5, 2018
Safety meetings once a week, safety was very important part of your job. Run reports and headed to field to do all regular pumper duties. Management was good and I really enjoyed all the aspects of my job. Learned lots and was proud of what I accomplished. Then I moved into office and was in administration. Worked in excel and run reports, filed sundries with the State of Wyoming and BLM.
Pros
Nice work place to be
Cons
Great benefits and nice people to work with
Productive, worked for more than 27 year with KBR
Piping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
I haven't work for KBR within the last 12 years but I was very happy working for this company as a supervisor for many year, working different disciplines even in the same project, working as a multi-craft supervisor.
Pros
Always have a Job
Wonderful Experience
Sr. Customer Service Spec/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hammer (D11) IraqMay 2, 2018
I was completely surprised at how difficult this job was, but was lucky enough to have been treated with respect and had a wonderful group of people that I worked with every day, I didn't have a bad experience the whole time I worked for this company, HR was very involved in every level which made you feel like the company valued you at all time in all ways.
Good company
Temp Switches and level switches (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2018
Very good company.
lots of room for advancement.
Good pay
Very frendly people to work with.
Management was willing to help all the time.
Work enviroment was good.
Its a long way from home, but good pay
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  KuwaitMay 2, 2018
12 hours a day, some days you work hard some you don't

The main thing is that is out of the states and far from home, if your okay with that then you will fit right in.

Some bosses are good and some are not, but that is everywhere your going to go.