KBR Employee Reviews

Challenging
Field Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Deepwater, NJMarch 15, 2018
Start right away to get contractors permits signed and have them get to work at their projects asap with safety first in mind. Make sure that all equipment is in place and that the contractor is able to start their jobs on time. The hardest part of the day is to make sure that everyone who starts the job leaves the job in a safe manner and to make sure there are no hazardous conditions.
A good place to refine skills
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2018
A good place to work and refine skills.
I would recommend this company to my friends.
There was a lot of professionals who were willing to help you learn more about your job.
Worked overseas with this company and people are great
Project Manager (contract position) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2018
Most positions are contract positions but there are career advancement opportunities. Great company, compensation definitely matches your experience. Would work for this company again.
Pros
Ability to learn experience different career developments if you opt. Advancement in your job field, If your a self-starter, go getter, great place
Cons
Most are contract positions and sometimes hard to get on other projects with the company
pleasant work atomsphere
Sr General Formen (Former Employee) –  Calumet, OKMarch 12, 2018
Was a very safe place to work enjoyed all my supervision would work there again if the right project came along and right personnel was there as well great work environment
Pros
great safe place to work
Cons
to many managers not enough employees
Good place to work. Gain more experience
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TX 77536March 12, 2018
My manager was fantastic. He answered all questions pertaining to the department asked of him, and if he did not know, he knew who to ask. My co-workers were good at their duties. Each performed their respective jobs excellently.
Pros
Friendly co-workers; adequate training; benefits; pay
Cons
No problem regarding the company
Great work experience in War Area.
Logistics Supervisor/ Security (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2018
Able to experience what it was like to be in a war learning from our Military on how to prevail in adverse conditions. Safety and team coordination a must.
Pros
Free Food, Working with our Military.
good work shop
Kellogg Brown and Root (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 7, 2018
best pipe shop organization for fabrication and welding out good people to work with in the shop, plenty of fans in the summer no heat in the winter. only shop iv'e worked that would not furnish indoor bathrooms, had stinkin porta cans.
Pros
well organized pipe shop
Cons
no indoor bathrooms
Pipefitter helper
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 4, 2018
I clean and cut pipe,also grind and fabricate pipes,I also find pipe attachments to connect with other pieces of pipe and I’ve connected valves.re install pipes
productive place to work
Foreman 1 (Former Employee) –  KosovoFebruary 28, 2018
was a very good place to work
i got to see and work in other countries
different cultures
i was foreman over some very good employees
the hard part of the job was being away from home for long periods of time
Pros
good money and got to travel
Cons
did not last long enough
Good experience.
Senior Technical Advisor - Electrical (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 26, 2018
Large Industrial Projects. Very challenging and interesting. Had experience in their primary industry so was comfortable with working environment. Enjoyable!
OK place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2018
Go in, do your job...go home. Friendly workers. No stress except every other month when lay offs happened. Had excellent boss
and enjoyed working with that person.
Pros
Job/work life balance excellent..good benefits
Cons
Laid off workers who knew how to do job to keep cling ons
Great supervision and safety culture.
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 23, 2018
KBR was the first company to give me the opportunity to work when I left the Army.They provided training and guidance for my advancement.Safety was paramount and I was given the opportunity to work as a safety proctor and safety in training.
Pros
great recognition rewards
Cons
not enough hours
Wonderful place to work
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, MSFebruary 21, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company. They took the time out to have weekly meetings to see if the employees had any concerns and they listen to our suggestions.
Pros
Pay was great
Cons
Lead time for weekend work was not always communicated
Construction
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Laborer was responsible for removing debris, tearing down fixtures, etc. Management was very professional and direct. The population and culture was thousands of people working on site. Hardest part of the job was when the weather changed making it hard to complete task. Pipe fitting was also a part of my work. With careful instruction I was able to provide great services.
Supervise asset management, warehouse process and administration of distrubution
Logistic Warehouse Foreman (Former Employee) –  BagrāmFebruary 19, 2018
Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and directives to financial control, inventory control and maintaining excellent account status. Analyze and plan operational reports and data management to established policy. Responsible for warehouse personnel compliance with all standard operational procedures concerning warehouse inventory control, safety, and daily workflow instructions.
Pros
Take customer service standards to the next level with my inter personal skills.
Cons
No time for Cons in the workplace.
Great Company having a hard time.
Administrative Specialist IV - Construction (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2018
KBR is experiencing some terrible growing pains right now. Years ago it was a very progressive and supportive place to work, but with the downturn of the industry it suffered terribly. Unfortunate. Lay Offs, reduction in benefits, not supportive of staff.
Great company
Taleo Functional Consultant / PM (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Great company, great people, overall a great organization to work for. They treat their contractors really well, as well as, they compensate us really well.
Great Job exsperience
General Warehouse Foreman (Former Employee) –  BagrāmFebruary 14, 2018
This job allowed me to provide a great living and set the precedence for me being able to work abroad and be able to communicate with a vast amount of different cultures and ethnicities. Also allowed me to travel and get acquainted with military procedures .
Pros
Traveling, secure work enviornment
Cons
War Zone
ok company
Senior System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 13, 2018
was part of merger, not much to say, health benefits are very high delectable but they do offer HSA, 401k match was average, PTO was standard, but they just started offering paid holidays in 2018, before that you had to use your PTO
Pros
9x80 work schedule
Cons
health benifits, very high deductable
KBR is family oriented
Instrument Helper IV/Instrument Fitter (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed my time with KBR, but the term kinfolk, brothers, and relatives are true. Many people are promoted with no job experience just because of who their family members are, and when it comes time for layoffs they will not honor your previous evaluation even if it is from 2 days before. Other than the severe nepotism, it was a terrific job.