KFC Employee Reviews

Found 11,451 reviews matching the search See all 21,880 reviews
Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIFebruary 16, 2019
Working at kfc you always got something to do. Even on bad weather there is always cleaning to do keeping busy and that’s what I like to do is always keeping busy. It makes the days go by faster during the day your there until your shift ends. We always were a team we helped each other out.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Doesn’t pay well
It was fun when i was there with my workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, OHFebruary 15, 2019
I got to make me own time but I didn't get trained wasnt the first job I would of asked for but it was the first I got. But it'll you love fast working and a challenge then this the job.
Pros
Lunch freex nice workers
Cons
You do eveything your self.
Was easy and fun
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 15, 2019
Very fast paced fun job, met a lot of awesome people, made new skills that made me a better worker but overall the stress was too much. Some employees had no commitment to work and this company goes through many employee so you can imagine how times it can be frustrating for people who want to get the job done good and correctly.A good job to move up to get a better job.
Pros
Free lunch, paid sick days, good scheduling
Cons
Rude customers, Young employees
Absolutely Terrible
Cook (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAFebruary 15, 2019
it was so terrible. Being a cook for kfc wasnt too hard but everything about the job sucked. My coworkers were incompetent drug addicts who constantly treated me like trash. Meanwhile, most of the time i was forced to clean stuff that i didnt even use. Management sucked, and most of the time half the stuff i was supposed to clean with was either broken or not ordered, and then Iyelled at by coworkers because I wasnt able to do my job because of it, even though it wasn't my fault that i was missing stuff, it was the manager's fault for not ordering it. Worst of all I was also forced to cook expired chicken with green skin, and seeing a lot of old people come in there and eat it made me feel really bad that i was forced to feed expired product to people with weak immune systems. Its really terrible when people that are on the same level as you treat you like you're less than them
It wouldn't be so bad if it was 2 cooks, but i always worked by myself, which doubled the work i was supposed to do. I was also supposed to be trained for 2 weeks, but they trained me for only 1 day cause the manager didn't care at all.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
enjoyable and fun
Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Its was fun and good experience working in KFC-TACO BELL, i have learned many things , i have improved my communication skills with customers. It was great experience working in team.
Fun to meet new people and help people
Front cashier (Former Employee) –  Robinson, ILFebruary 15, 2019
Have to really know what your doing to be able to be a good worker , with skills, and put those skills to use in everything you come across and just be all you can be
Pros
Discount food
Cons
Sometimes no breaks
enjoyable job
Shift Lead Opening Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 15, 2019
Flexible hours, awesome crew, enjoyable environment, good career if you want to grow in the business. Chance to get to learn how to run a resturant. The hardest part of the job is you get so busy you have to deal with angry customers, it gets frustrating when team mates don't want to work or come in late or call in.
Pros
able to grow & make a career
Cons
too busy, sometimes have to take on others slack
It was a productive place
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, CAFebruary 15, 2019
It was a busy place but one thing is i learned to work under pressure,and to know the health care of my product and to learn about a difficult customer.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Tea breack
Very Stressful place to work. It's a job but they have a high turn over due to some management.
Kfc, Cashier/food prep (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALFebruary 14, 2019
The hours are good, if you plan on living there. They can't keep help due to the way a particular manager treats employees. Raises are hard to come by and don't plan on calling in unless you have a doctors note that minute.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Everything else...
Friendly work environment
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Trinidad WIFebruary 14, 2019
A friendly team of dependable co-workers, my initial experience and impressions of this establishment was that of them being strongly service oriented and welcoming.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Low income
KFC was a great place to work.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 14, 2019
It was a great place to work because they were wiling to work with my schedule. At the time I was working two jobs and I was a single mother. My supervisor did allow my child to sit with me during my shift when I didn't have a sitter.
it was okay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pacific Beach, CAFebruary 14, 2019
i loved it in the beginning. Best managers and coworkers then it started changing up and got bad managers. He cut all my hours and had no explanation to why only said "They will come back (the hours)" they never did, for a whole month they were bad. Legit only have me 4 hours every week & the area manager, was the worst. Not kind at all. Wanted everything PERFECT. Didn't even look at mistakes as "mistakes" she looked at them like it was the end of the world. All in all, my first 5 months were amazing, then the last month was death, i hated going in and that was never the case in the beginning.
Pros
met people who are some of my best friends now
Cons
management
It was productive atmosphere with good food
Front Counter Cashier (Former Employee) –  2229 W Gary Blvd Clinton, OK 73601February 14, 2019
Its very helpful getting me the current job openings Productive and a place where I was growing. They teach you well. The food is delicious. It had Chicken for KFC and Taco Mayo delicious Mexican foods.
Pros
Great team members
Fun Environment
KFC cook (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 14, 2019
I was hired fast and I liked there service, great work environment, awesome team members and it provide a new learning experience management was helpful at all times
Pros
Great Discounts
Front counter
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 14, 2019
KFC was a wonderful job to have due to me relocating I gained employment someplace else but the bussiness is somewhere you can grow and with hard work you can become manger
It was an easy job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2019
In order to get by in life you would have to work at kfc and another job because kfc pays minimum wage. It’s an very easy job, the pace picks up in the summer and slows down in the winter. When I say that u will more likely get more hours in the summer and your hours will be dropped by the winter.
team Member
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 13, 2019
KFC team member may take on a wide variety of responsibilities during a shift. Key crew member job duties include serving customers and preparing food. Customer service responsibilities include greeting customers, taking orders, and completing customers transaction on the cash register.
want stress?
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 13, 2019
this is the place to be if you want customers yelling at you because you're understaffed every day . they also throw things at you
Not very organized A lot of behind the scenes secrets
Area Coach (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 13, 2019
It is a great company if you have the right, organized leaders. The Senior management isn't very communicative and there is constant changes. The work life balance is horrible.
Pros
Some employees and guest
Cons
No life
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 13, 2019
Have 17 years plus and customer service and cashier and I've been working on a permit since I was 15 years old in customer service and cashiering for a few companies before I started working for this company
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

56.1K

2.2InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight