KFC Employee Reviews

Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSFebruary 21, 2018
Only reason I was at KFC long because of my manager that lady was the best manager every. She made she looked out on us through it all, and she always had our backs to the fullest. When she left I had to leave it wasn't nice working for KFC anymore.
cashier and meeting people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTFebruary 21, 2018
Attending school and learning money handling paid off for I had seen the difference in which i learn and use what i have learned in order to make a profit for my company an giving the customer their satisfy while
fun and relaxing
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAFebruary 21, 2018
It was a pretty relaxing job. There were times where I was stressed out and overwhelmed but it never got rough to the point that made me want to quit.
Stressful but sometimes fun place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 21, 2018
A typical day at KFC was decent until we ran out of chicken. It was good talking to customers and communicating with them which taught me better life skills and good customer service.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Sometimes no break, ran out of chicken often
Under Poor Management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DEFebruary 21, 2018
Was the only cook that followed procedure; was suggested to quit school in order to get more hours. Drugs in the workplace. Not a good place for teens
Pros
slim to none
Cons
drugs in the workplace
not the best place to work career wise
Kentucky Fried Chicken (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLFebruary 21, 2018
its really not a bad place to work but there is no room for to much growth with the company an most positions are part time an the pay is not really good for the fast paced an rude customers you have to deal with
kfc
Head Cook - Food Preparation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11226February 21, 2018
Measure/mix ingredients according to recipe, using a variety of utensils and equipment; Adjust equipment controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, and grills to cook; Prepare meats, fish, vegetables, fruits and other foods in large quantities; Open and close establishment while ensuring store security
It was a very good work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHFebruary 21, 2018
I was thankfull if the opportunity i was welcomed and treated fairly. It was a good experience I'm for ever thankfull of the job and the people I worked with. I ended up relocating
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
We had a 30 minute break daily
Sucks need staff
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Park City, KSFebruary 21, 2018
Need staff and new management to run the place. The place need a remodle all the way around inside and out. The equipment in building is old and need updated they just try to fix it before buy new because the owner dont want to spend more and the store so its starting to make it where he not making money and losing customers.
Hard Work with no leniency.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 21, 2018
I learned how to multitask and how to bustle through on a rush hour with a 86% accuracy. The hardest part of the job, however, was the management. Management was rather harsh and unrelenting, releasing their frustrations on team members, especially during rush hours and made things difficult.
Pros
Free lunch meals
Cons
Short breaks

Want to know more about KFC?

Ask a question
great place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 21, 2018
a typical day at kfc starts off great prepping the chicken is the most fun there.then cooking it careful the job can get quite heated.then the closing part is fun get to clean up after a hard days work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
drama from customers
It was a stressful quick paced job.
team member (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 21, 2018
A typical day at work is pretty quick and busy I started off as a cashier in front counter and then moved up to drive thru which requires multi tasking talking with customers while trying to memorize the order being given in the computer. I had an awesome supervisor. My workplace was busy and got pretty tough when many orders came in. But overall the funnest part of the job was learning the communication skills and learning how to communicate with the customers and making new coworker friends.
Fast paced
RGM (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 21, 2018
Hardest part of job was short staffed and call offs constantly, low pay for the amount of work required, small raises for the people that had years of loyalty
Pros
free lunch for managers
Cons
did not get enough upper management support
My short time there was awful
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TX 78363February 21, 2018
The manager took advantage of the fact that this was my first job and added me to the system late so that my first few days employed would be unpaid for. Due to the manager being generally disliked, the other cooks employed at that time would quit last minute leaving me to work from opening to close while in training and being the only cook made it incredibly overwhelming. In addition to cooking all the chicken, the cook was in charge of cleaning the equipment from every station and there was only one cook at a time to save money.
Pros
The food was free.
Cons
The manager was rude and the cook is given too much work for one person.
Cashier
Sales Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 21, 2018
You do the regular duties of a cashier. You are fixing orders and tending to customers. Nothing really to it. You might have to mix food or package some up but thats about it.
The workplace was friendly and productive.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2018
There really was not a typical day there. Each day was different based on the customers, food, and service. I learned how to motivate people to do there job. As, well as, how to become a leader. The management here was rally understanding and open-minded. The hardest part of the job was understanding that the customer is always right in what they want. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who cared about the food and service they gave to customers.
Pros
free lunch and paid vacation
Cons
no benefits, sick leave
Hard working and fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  LimaFebruary 20, 2018
It's very simple to work there, but sometimes you need to work more time that they said (like an hour and a half more) and at night It can be very stressful.
cashier
Cashier, Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 20, 2018
Cashier,cook clean the the place before business make sure everything were in place before serving any person making every station clean to perform the job
Pros
yes free luch
Cons
short breaks
was just glad to have worked there making money to be financially stable
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXFebruary 20, 2018
any type of income flow is essential and working there helped pay for bills etc. had fun working with people I knew made work a lot easier and I am a very hard worker, environment wasn't to bad just basically went in and did my job
Pros
working for money
Cons
not really any benefits
Very stressful
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 20, 2018
Fast food is just very stressful in general. It's not worth it to work in fast food when you get paid minimum wage. Also the store I worked at had a buffet and the customers would always make a terrible mess.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K