KFC Employee Reviews

Found 11,089 reviews matching the search See all 21,105 reviews
Decent place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNDecember 10, 2018
Fast paced work, learn communication skills with the general public, easy job after learning the routine. Diversity of culture. Friendly people. Good management.
simple job
Cashier/drive thru cashier/ Customer service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2018
A regualr day at kfc consist of serving the customers, and ensuring we have the fresh chicken to serve. The workplace culutre there is very relaxed, and all of us are friends there. My bosses are very nice, and very understanding to our needs. The hardest part of the job is trying to maintain a steady supply of side items while it is the rush hour. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers I talk to, and the stories they share.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts
Cons
Short staffed
Bad
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richburg, SCDecember 10, 2018
Bad I Wouldn't Work There Any More.
I’m looking for new challenges/opportunities for growth. Specifically, I’d like to [goal].”
They have bad management
Productive, fun, and safe work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GADecember 10, 2018
Get to work on time , pay attention to training, ask questions when you are unsure. And overall just try your very best. It maybe be hard at first but overall the job is fun .
Pros
Fun work environment
Fast Pace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 10, 2018
Assisting customers needs.
Packing orders as they appear on the screen to be sent out to the customers.
Preparing side orders.
Making sure the work area is clean at all times.
Good job
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CADecember 9, 2018
This was my first job, EVER. I began working for KFC in June of 2015 and when I first started I was a bit nervous because it was my first job and I wasn't sure how I was going to do but this was a good job to start off at because it taught me a lot about having patience and learning to work in a fast-paced area. The management there was on point and I really liked how they were always on top of their crew just making sure they had everyone at their stations doing what they needed to do. The pay was minimum wage, I started off at $10/hour and then went up to $10.50/hour and they did have chances of raises as well as promotions. I was actually chosen by my General Manger to begin taking classes to become a supervisor for our store and I began taking the classes but unfortunately it was cut short because I moved out here to Tacoma, WA.

I honestly loved working at my specific store, my co-workers were awesome and really nice people and the manager was super fun also super strict but he was a good manager and treated all his employees FAIR.
Pros
free lunches, 30 min break and 10 min break
fast food job
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJDecember 9, 2018
your typical fast food job, low wages and quite little reward for the work you put in. Easy first job and a good start for young people. would recommend for teens
kfc
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCDecember 9, 2018
came in took orders for guest cleaned the dining area counted money washed dishes and did prep you did get a break at some giving time of the day. I would go back if I had to.
Cons
My work experiences at kentucky fried chicken
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2018
it was ok but they had alot of young people. the manager she ran a good shift at all times but the young people are hard to deal with. but on the other hand they was willing to learn.
Pros
the food was free but training experience was great to!
Cons
there was none
Ambiente muy agradable
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 9, 2018
No me puedo quejar manager y empleados muy lindos conmigo solo que sueldo muy bajo
Pros
Comida gratis para todos los empleados
Cons
Pocas horas
Good As A Sceond Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNDecember 9, 2018
I thought it would be fine working as a second job. There are not an abundance of hours so working as a primary job is a little hard. I only got over 30 hours in ine week once. The people I worked with were good people.
Pros
Able To Schedule Around Appointments, Good Location, Good Co Workers
Cons
Part Time Hours, Different Managers Upheld Company Policy Differently
The managers were a pain. Low salary
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALDecember 8, 2018
The worst things about working there were the managers and the salary. For things I was required to do my salary was just too low. It was however a good first job.
Pros
Free food on breaks
Cons
Low salary, managers
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 8, 2018
I'm currently a cashier and I feel like the job is very easy. Just have to do a lot of running around and if I'm the only cashier up front then I have to prepare orders by myself and also keep up with the buffet. Then if their is no lobby person I have to do that also. If it gets really busy things can get hectic.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
No breaks
Fun but stressful
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indio, CADecember 8, 2018
Need more employees on a shift. Too much work for just 4 employees. Also supervisor should get paid at least 13 an hour & should be offered vacation time just like managers. We are doing the managers job when they are not there. Should be equal
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough employees
fast paced work envirment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 7, 2018
overall kfc is a decent place to work.
its steady pay and you can alway pick up hours due to someone calling in.

thiei health ins is very high and no one can afford it.
Pros
steady pay and free meals
Cons
high medical and short staffed
Hard Work, Little Reward
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIDecember 7, 2018
A typical day going to work there consisted of the usual clocking in, washing hands, hairnet/hat, and yelling to get started at the register. This was my first job and I didn't have much experience, my first day, I was working nonstop till 10 ( when I had to leave, according to child labor laws and schooling), when I told my boss I was about to leave, she stopped me and told me I still had to clean 3 ovens out, this took an extra 40 minutes, an my dad had to wait that much extra to pick me up. Employees never stay for long and Management more often than not, had less experience than you. The hardest part of the job was trying not to eat the around you.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
30 minute lunch, no breaks
Productive fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2018
Fun productive workplace stress free environment nice management that enjoy working with you to attain success within the company without problems and stress
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
ok place to work
Crew (Current Employee) –  Camden, DEDecember 7, 2018
The job isnt very difficult if you have had any prior fastfood experiences pay is low in my opinion. and though advancement is available the pay isnt good either. the taco bell part is more difficult. there are always promotions going for that sector so it can be a bit overwhelming at times.
Pros
secure job
Cons
not enough hours
Fun and energetic!
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Effingham, IL 62401December 7, 2018
it was usually pretty stessful since we were always under staffed but we always made it threw the day.
I learned great communitcation skills. I learned how to do inventory and many other skills.
The management was terrible to our General manager. The district manager was beyond lazy. My employees and regular customers is what made my day better everyday.
Love it
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Atascadero, CADecember 6, 2018
I absolutely love kfc. The company is great really does make you feek like your family. I worked for them for years they have great product. Great proceedures and high standards for cleaning and production

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

55.8K

2.2InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight