KFC

Based on 3,879 survey responses
What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

I liked greeting customers when they came in to order. I liked that I worked with family. I like that I could supervise the facility.

Good

Good work place, people are nice. Managers work around your schedule. You’ll make friends there and have people to help you out. Sometimes it’s busy but it’s just fast food

Bad experience on first and last day.

Worked their 1 day. Began the day doing the computer training- to only get pulled off 15 minutes later( 1/4 completed) and ask to begin work. Training was terrible to say the least. Very difficult to communicate with non- professionals. In short, we just spoke a different language. I worked 3:30pm- 11:30pm with mo break. Very disappointed with the non- structured environment.

Pros

Cons

No break, no training, no structure and no communication

Fast-paced, easy job, management could use improvement.

Working at KFC would be great for those who enjoy the fast-paced work environment. The hours are flexible, especially for students. The management could use improvement, at the time there was a lack of training, and the manager could be impolite. I did enjoy working here once I was got experience.

Pros

Free lunch, flexible hours.

Cons

Poor management

Understaffed and Underpaid

They are understaffed and overwork their crew members. If you want to earn minimum wage for constant stress this is the job for you. They don’t care about COVID spread at all. They will make you come in even though you have symptoms or potentially exposed.

Pros

Food discount

Cons

Overworked and no COVID plan

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Fun and Productive. Clean, Stable, and Safe Environment. Team Support and Well Trained Management.

Safe and Peaceful Work Area. Pay is Good and Fast - Paced Work Enviornment. Great Atmosphere and Time Work are Flexible for Employers. Everyone can do it.

Pros

Good Pay Employment.

Cons

None.

very flexible

The job itself was very flexible. Although, the management was not so great and a lot of overtime. There is little to no benefits given. Managers and workers are okay.

Pros

flexible

Cons

lots of overtime

Good for first-timers. Gives you experience. Not really organized which is overwhelming for me

It was overwhelming. I was new and felt like I was thrown into the sharks. I did have previous experience working at a diner, but this was completely different and they expected me to know everything by watching a video.

Stressful

Working at KFC is very stressful. Customers have bad attitude. It's hard. I'm going to change a job. I don’t like working at KFC. I will find another job soon.

Free fried chicken

KFC was my first job at the age of 27. I fried chicken and cleaned and other. Hours was OK but all that worked there was teens. Got free shift meal pay was low

Pros

Chicken

Cons

Money

COVID, managers, cleanliness

They don’t care about COVID, they will make you come in even though you have been around people that got it. They get onto people about not doing there jobs but turns around and not do there jobs. The store isn’t clean due to the lack of cleaning supplies, they didn’t want to buy anything because they wanted to be cheap

Pros

Some employees that work there

Cons

General manager and assistant not doing their jobs correctly

Underpayed and Not worth it

Not worth the pay at ALL, GMs and managers are useless and will leave the work to regular underpaid, understaffed and overworked crew members. If you want to earn barely minimum wage for constant stress this is the job for you

Pros

Cons

Low pay, no hours or too many no In between, rude customers, disgusting work environment, bad management

Fun place, depending on the people.

My high school work permit only allowed for me to work 16 hours per week but I was regularly scheduled for over 25 hours a week. The main manager made it a hostile place to be.

Pros

fun co-workers

Cons

everything else

Move on to something better

60 hour work weeks for $11 an hour. No benefits, constant micro management and pressure from district managers to meet unattainable sales goals. Young people, go to college.

great for experience

great for experience but horrible pay for the amount of work you put in. I applied for cashier and was put everywhere, cleaning, prepping, packing. helped me learn things though

Doesn't pay enough

I worked there for a little more then a year. Everything was going good except they fell behind in pay. Other jobs were paying more for what I was doing then them. The manager there also targets the young people when older employees come around. Like there trying to get you to leave. The work is easy up front and the cooking part gives you a good work out but they sadly don't pay enough to be there.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Management.

Pay is horrible

Pay and management sucks. If there’s an issue with your pay they say oh well add it onto the next check which is every 2 weeks. Management is literally anyone who works there for 30 days or more

The majority of staff is very kind and friendly. Management is terrible to its staff.

Management talked trash about staff to start drama. If staff needed help on the floor management would sit in office playing on their phones. Refused to listen to employees when they tried to mention problems that occurred.

Cons

No 10 minute breaks allowed. 8 hour to 10 hour shifts. Does not follow minor laws.

Good Entry Level Job

Like most fast food, this is a good entry level job or good part time job for students. Average pay and average hours for fast food. Can get busy during rushes but mostly laid back.

Unknown

I personally Would never work here again due to increased weather individual employee value & higher education received. It is no different than any other fast food chain/franchise.

Pros

Entry level position

Cons

Everything else

Do not work for them, ever.

Job sucked. Manager was overbearing, and there was no team environment. Do not work for them unless tou are ready to deal with excessive drama. Expectations are too high.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight