KFC Employee Reviews

Found 10,827 reviews matching the search See all 20,579 reviews
My first job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 20, 2018
That was my first job in 1997 the coolest job I work with the coolest boss have fun enjoy working to close down on Stickney Avenue did not work back at KFC after I have my baby
Fun and competitve workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 20, 2018
I learned that you have to be quick in a fast food restaurant and everyone would collaborate and work together to satisfy the customers needs. A fastfood restaurant brings people together and close.
I enjoyed my time at KFC and found it fun and rewarding
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXOctober 20, 2018
I found KFC to be an enjoyable place to work most days well-structured. I learned a lot working at KFC, I received training to become an effective General Manager for 14 years, and found upper management to be supportive and helpful when needed. The hardest days were when we got behind with product. The best part of the job was actually feeling welcomed and wanted in the workplace.
Pros
Free break meal
Cons
Low entry pay
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 20, 2018
Fun place to work and fast paced. I learned how to work drive thru, how to offer our customers anything new on the menu, drop food in the fryer and do time tags. I also learned take orders, make orders and get them out within a timely fashion. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude, racist, disrespectful customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the customers happy.
Pros
Free lunch
Was fast paced job
KFC Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, INOctober 19, 2018
Was a rush and busy job but I got through it I was a prep and a dish washer and sometimes I would do the line, other times I would do cashier but I did not like so much
Pros
Good food
Cons
Bad management
Wonderful Place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCOctober 19, 2018
Wonderful place to work. I enjoyed the customer interactions and the management was fairly great. I had a family emergency that the manager on duty was not able to accomodate but I still think she was a wonderful employer.
Pros
Pay is decent, Good management.
Cons
Very fast paced.
i needed a job to cover some bills
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 19, 2018
it wasn't a bad place, but like we all have, bills and they have to be paid so I had to move on to something that could cover my expenses.
The customers weren't too bad neither were the team players, the only problem was covering my own expenses.
It was an okay job it was my first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAOctober 19, 2018
KFC was a good starter job for me it put me on the path of how I wanted to build my career and what I liked which was customer service working at a retail or grocery store.
1st assistance
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLOctober 19, 2018
I did run shift did employee training sales truck order clean the restaurant did customer services.. My job was opening and closing counting money too.
Very productive and great company to work for
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYOctober 19, 2018
I love working at kfc. I enjoy working with the public and interaction with crew members. It's a very fast paced working environment. The pay is decent for the area in which we are located.
Terrible place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rumford, RIOctober 18, 2018
KFC was a terrible company to work for. The managers are extremely immature and treat the coworkers with disrespect. Coworkers were degraded for disabilities beyond their control. Managers started drama with team members and forced employees to pick sides. Overall, the job is dirty and overly stressful. I would not recommend anyone work here.
Great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston txOctober 18, 2018
I love KFC it was a great company taught me people skills, patience and management. Great environment. I learned how to cook,prep, drive thru, dine in.
Good food
Fast Food (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 18, 2018
It was always some type of drama the hardest part of the job was going to work the most enjoyable part was !leaving work the managers were always do rude
Pros
Discounts
Cons
no breaks
quick paced
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCOctober 18, 2018
If you choose to work at KFC just be prepared to perform some duties of the "slackers". There are employees who are more than helpful and do their jobs and there are employees whom perform the minimal job duties and leave you over loaded at the start of your shift.
Pros
interaction with customers
Cons
performing job duties of some employees
productive and fun environment
SHIFT SUPERVISOR, JOLIET (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 18, 2018
I supervised a group of employees to ensure food safety and monitor productivity. I was responsible for cash drops and handles customer complaints. I liked working with people
dsgf
Restaurant General Manager (RGM) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 18, 2018
great fun place to work loved the advancement opprtunities oveerall wonderfull food great benefits great schedule......................................
Gave Off Family Vibes.
Shift Leader/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90031October 18, 2018
Everyone was comfortable with one another. If there was difficulty in a specific area one would care to help another employee out. I loved working at KFC I shared an amazing experience working there.
Pros
Friendly, Job was close to my home, Worked with my schedule.
Cons
Needs more organization, employees need to be responsible and come to work.
it was a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madras, OROctober 18, 2018
It was a good job. There are things they could work on but those are small things that can possibly be fixed but it has decent pay enough to get you through your tough times
Easy job just not enough pay
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCOctober 17, 2018
Kfc is a unorganized place. The managers sometimes don’t communicate for example on people on the schedule. Also things are very hectic a lot of the time.
Pros
Laid back when not busy
Cons
Low income
Hit or a miss
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 17, 2018
This job could be a hit or a miss. This was my first job, I started when I was 17. I worked part time as a team member, which included being a cashier and packer. I made $8.00 an hour which I would consider decent for my age. The job was decent for a while, I had flexible hours, my schedule would change every few weeks for a change of pace, thirty minute breaks for shifts over four hours, a 20% discount on meals during my shifts and drinks were always free,when I requested days off I got them off. But that all changed once I turned 18. Since they were no longer required to give me a break, they didn't. My workload also dramatically increased, I had been working about 20 hours per week as requested but after I turned 18 that increased to about 30 hours and sometimes it was closer to 40. I also never got to leave on time anymore, if my shift ended at 10:30 I was always there until at least 11:00. At the time I was in high school and had requested to not work past 10:00 PM on school nights. There was also constant turnover, especially after the manager hired his wife as his new assistant. Which should not be allowed! With different management, the job could be better.
Pros
Discount on meals while working, free drinks, good starting salary
Cons
No breaks, careless management, constant turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

55.7K
45.8K
35.6K
21.9K
11.6K

See reviews about

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at KFC.

Powered by Comparably