KFC Employee Reviews

Found 12,117 reviews matching the search See all 23,142 reviews
An informative experience everyone would find fullfilling.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pageland, SCJune 19, 2019
Working for KFC was fun. We got discount on our food . Food was great.
I enjoyed working here , something always kept you busy. KFC has many places to advance towards.
Friendly environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 19, 2019
Working at kfc was a fun and learning experience for me. Over the year I loved my job more and more. I got a chance to interact with different people and learn new things everyday.
Pros
Fresh food
Cons
No coms
Fast pace & free fried chicken
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  2087 E Snelling Dr, Roseville, MN 55113June 19, 2019
I loved working at KFC only because I enjoyed the people I worked with and the free food I got to eat and try. I do not think I can ever get tired of KFC because it is always Sheng-Approved.
It was a fun place to work
KFC cook (Former Employee) –  Santa Paula, CAJune 19, 2019
It was fun would recommend working there for young adults who don't have to pay as many bills the pay was okay the hours were not great but it was a cool place
a good job to gain restaurant experience.
Cook (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 19, 2019
I would say the company KFC is a fair entry level job. They worked around my schedule so the job would not conflict with my schooling, which was great.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
going home smelling like fried foods.
great place to work horrible bosses
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 19, 2019
I loved my job at KFC, and honestly wasn't planning on leaving until i was going through some major life changes that needed time outside of work. I was okay with working more often than i saw my child. but when i needed time off to deal with personal issues i was told more than once to suck it up and deal. While my manager was able to take off any time she needed for an injury she didn't even want to admit she had. It was a very frustating time to be working at this company.
Pros
free meals, relaxed depending on your boss
Cons
uncaring management.
Fast paced work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIJune 19, 2019
When I was starting off at KFC I worked a ton of hours, they are very flexible with time. I learned that it is easy being around negative people when you have such a bright and positive personality. The hardest part of the job is sticking to one job to keep the flow going, even when it's crazy busy.
Not the best work place
KFC Team Member (Former Employee) –  Weirton wvJune 19, 2019
To many things happening there the people you work with are horrible I liked it at first then management was horrible it’s an ok place to work but it’s not the best place when working
Fast pace and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  1090 Forrest Ave Dover De 19904June 19, 2019
It was a fast paced work place that I really liked friendly customers I always kept a smile on my face and greeted all customers I loved doing different things around the store.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Nice 30 minute break
Loved my Job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHJune 19, 2019
I liked the fast pace of the job. Most of my co-workers were friendly. I had the best store manager. There was a couple of issues with how people were treated differently but nothing that was outlandish.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Very fast paced on busy days and hot in the summer
great Place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 19, 2019
I love working at kfc, management is great, coworkers were even better. Kfc is a very understanding company. Compensation is ok. NO time paid time off offered.
KFC Was A Very Productive Place To Work At.
Maintenance Worker/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PennsylvaniaJune 19, 2019
My Experience With Working At KFC Was Okay, I Wish It Could Have Been Better Than That. My Manager and Co-Workers Tried Their Best To Help and Work With Me in Being A Good KFC Employee. I Enjoyed Working There.
Dont do it!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIJune 18, 2019
The environment was very stressful and hostile. Low pay, no paid time off, dirty environment, micromanaging, depressing and stressful are just a few words I would use to discribe working here after 2 years as a team member. I only got 20 hrs or less per week making minimum wage. I understand that it's a fast food resturant, but I believe the employees deserve more than what they get. I would work a 12 hr. shift and recieved two 5 minute breaks and had to beg for a 30 minute break.
Too much attutide from general manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 18, 2019
Theres alot of problems with the general manager. All employees have to deal with him. He cusses. He throws stuff. He acts crazy , which is apparently normal to employees who've worked there a while. They just ignore him. Not at all a professional atmosphere.
Decent basic job
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVJune 18, 2019
More than minimum wage at the time hours fluctuated management at time was lackluster did learn skills to cook in the kitchen was able to retain information learned on me register as well
it was a great place to meet new ppl and had great workers there
KFC Team Member (Former Employee) –  Macon, MOJune 18, 2019
i liked working there for kfc bc i made alot of friends and if stuff ever got bad i always had the crew to help me cetch back up on orders but all in all i liked working at kfc got to meet new ppl
Productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 18, 2019
Productive work environment, keeps you very busy throughout the day. Customers coming through the door from the moment of opening to the moment of closing.
Very Unprofessional
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 18, 2019
It is not a good work environment, poor management. I believe if it was new management and better staff that's was serious about there job they will be better.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  York PAJune 18, 2019
This job thinks that it is more important than your mental health. They expect you to come to their beck and call, doing anything and everything. They would expect me to leave my classes early to come and help in the store. They hire God Awful employees and even management. Stay away from this job
Horrible
KFC Team Member (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCJune 18, 2019
Favoritism of people who slacked off. People who worked got more hours but only to close shop. Closing shop at the age of 16 leaving at around 11:30pm while still having school next day at 8:00am
Pros
Half off lunch IF you were working
Cons
Closing shop with only 3 ppl took almost 2 hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

56.4K

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight