KABOB HOUSE Employee Reviews

Fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 1, 2019
fun place to work. very flexible hours and works around your schedule. you get discounts on food. the managers are very outgoing and respectful and kind.
Amazing food/ terrible management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 4, 2018
This place doesn't understand Washington state standards. They too are understaffed and mainly take care of management. They don't really take care of employees. The workers are nice and personable and one manager was great.
Pros
Free lunch, good location, Christmas off
Cons
No benefits, no over time, poor management.
Terrible place to work
WAITRESS/ HOSTESS/JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 19, 2018
The management and staff are rude, selfish and unproductive. The people there were rude and worked you too hard. You were a waitress, hostess, and a janitor. The people who hire are very picky. Very unsanitary as well.
Pros
Get to keep tips.
Cons
No breaks, Rude.
Family run
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 27, 2018
The Kabob House was more of a family run style restaurant. It was not like working in a corporate place. Gave me much more freedom to learn and create experience in management!
Pros
Free food, relaxed environment
My days with the kabob house
Cook (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 16, 2018
A great company with a great owner. My time at Kabob house was a excellent experience. I had worked my way into the lead cook position in a matter of months. I worked six days a week. I enjoyed my lone day off (Monday). I wish I hadn't got sick I felt I was coming into my own.
Pros
You would get a free shift meal.
Cons
It became a turnover a machine before I had left.
Fun place to work at. Manager was great.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, MDJune 15, 2018
I learned a lot working here. it taught me how to communicate with people as well as answer phones & work a cash register. the people were enjoyable, especially the costumers!
Pros
free lunchs, flexible hours
Cons
healthcare
Nice, cozy, full of culture
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCMay 15, 2018
I learned how to communicate with customers, take phone calls and serve food. The management was okay, I made the menus for the place. The workplace culture is well respected. The hardest part of the job is miscommunications. I enjoyed receiving tips from the customers.
Pros
free food
Cons
hourly pay
A small restaurant with excellent Persian food and a nice
Cornell Dr. SE -Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 14, 2017
the lamb chops, they are out of this world. They also have a nice patio outside where you can also dine. Friendly staff. Bathrooms are super clean. a lot of food
Enjoyable
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ellensburg, WAMay 8, 2016
A typical day at work is great. The workers are nice and so are the customers. The manager is very positive and doesn't get mad easily. The food taste delicious and the cooks are always flexible with specific request when customers ask. The work environment stays clean and is always being kept up with. Though, the place is fairly new so the organization of the restaurant is coming together.
Pros
We often get free food, and the manager and owner is very nice.
Cons
The weekly scheduling is isn't always consistent.
Small Restaurant thats fun
Evening Chef (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 14, 2015
I cook in the evenings as a prep guy. I help the main chef. I used to be main chef but I only work a little now while finishing school.
Pros
Free Meal, flexible scheduling
Cons
High heat work, sometimes very stressful
Good Food
Server/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville,FLMarch 10, 2015
Positions for server/counter are part time only, so no benefits are offered. Tips are decent for the mom and pop, dine in - carry out style of restaurant that it is. There is compensation by means of lunch provided during your shift. The food here ROCKS!

The work is straight forward, Open up, take orders, payments, keep the front clean, sweeping, tables, mopping as needed, restocking supplies, make sure customers receive their correct orders, taking out trash and cleaning restrooms.

People in the kitchen are very friendly and are always busy, these guys go non-stop from the time they open til the time they close and they work all day, no shift changes.

Every so often a catering order will come in and it is the employee's responsibility to help make sure the order is processed correctly with the kitchen and remain in contact with the customer. Employees with vehicles may occasionally be asked to deliver a catering order to customers within the city at the end of their shift. Compensation is provided for the gas and time to deliver.

There are two shifts, morning and evening. Morning shift begins around 10:45am with doors opening at 11am. Lunch gets rather busy around noon and can last til almost 3, allowing time to clean and restock for the evening. Shift changes around 4:30-5pm , just before the second wave of patrons getting off work and are on their way home and lasts off and on until 11pm when they close and only carry out/delivery is available after 10:45pm.

Someone with good work ethics and positive attitude will do well if they're looking for part-time
  more... work to keep busy or supplement as a second income. As a stay at home wife with husband truck driving, this job worked well for my needs. Scheduling here can also work with most college students and as a second job.

Being near a college campus, there are many people from various cultures both young and older, college students and families and employees/owners from local businesses to keep things interesting. For someone with good people skills and practice common sense, one should be able to work well in the environment.

The hardest part of the job, for me, was probably learning how to pronounce all of the indian food items on the menu and also learning their name as the middle-eastern cultures would be more familiar. Aside from the friendly co-workers in the kitchen, you do get regular customers who can often help the day seem less monotonous and just completely touch your heart. When I moved to AL, saying farewell to some of the customers and co-workers made me cry.
Pros
Free lunches, close in late evenings, no night shifts, opens in late morning
Cons
No room for promotions, no benefits
terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington DCMarch 15, 2014
Though I loved customer service but not a good place to work. They were not consistent when it came to paychecks. You might get your pay this week but not guaranteed to get your check for the next week.