Kadlec Medical Center Employee Reviews

Nice place to work.
RN (Temp-Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Richland, WA 99352December 13, 2018
Nice place to work. Great upper management. Great long term outlook. Promote from within, follow their mission. Would have stayed longterm, but lower management was shortsighted, abrasive, stifling and cliquish.
Managers are horrible and the some.
MSR (Current Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 13, 2018
Kaldec’s mission statement is to “Provide safe and compassionate care”

That’s a lie and I’ve seen it first hand. If they truly cared about the safer of their patients, food would be handling properly. I’ve seen people touch ready to eat items with their bare hands, I’ve seen people lick serving utensils and continue to use them, they served under cooked/raw sausage to the public, patients would report finding hair in their food, and I’ve seen them eat food over the food they were prepping.

Compassion at Kaldlec looks more apathy. At least towards the caregivers. Management will lie right to your face and HR doesn’t do a thing about it. All they’ll do is apologize that you were wrong.

Unless you are friends with the managers, expect to work harder then others. Preferential treatment and favoritism is status quo and shows no sign of changing anytime soon. Even the union is useless.

If you do work for Nutrition Services, here are some tips:

Work Evening and Night:
Evening and night shifts do 90% less work then morning shift and they get paid $2.50 an hour more on top of their hourly rate. You most likely won’t get that shift cause that’s wear the manager like to put his favorite people. They also work with little to no supervision.

Drama is like oxygen, it’s everywhere.
Try not to get caught in the drama that are the MSRs or Cooks. It’s a constant nightmare. Some people like to cause drama because they are bored from all the work they don’t have to do.

Once you get in, GET OUT
The only good thing about Nutrition Services is that it’s a good stepping
  more... stone to a less poorly run department. A lot of people leave Nutrition and feel like they just got off the Titanic before it sank. Don’t be the idiot floating on a door.  less
Pros
Pay
Cons
Favoritism
A large hospital system not investing enough in solving staffing issues
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 4, 2018
The typical work day was hectic and occasionally stressful. Because of management's decision to reduce the number of staff, there were times of excessive work load. Breaks and lunches were frequently interrupted and there was little emphasis on taking the full earned amount of break time.

Management was stretched too thin. There was a noticeable lack of supervisors which created a disproportionate work load on the manager. Because of this work overload, my manager did not have the time to really devote to solving work-related matters and was constantly tied up settling issues around employees.

For the most part, employees are professional with motivation and goals. They are easy to work with and take pride in what they do and enjoy their work.
overworked and stressed
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 3, 2018
Kadlec overall has changed over the years. 15 years ago it was a great place to work. Since that time it had become very stressful, RN's became overworked, the benefits became increasing less and the overall working conditions became very stressful and hard to deal with on a daily basis.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
stress and overworked
Good pay, bad management
FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 2, 2018
While you will be paid well, it is a very high stress environment with very poor management structure in the clinics. The main hospital I've heard is better, but still stressful.
Over worked, Under Valued, Ok Pay & Bennefits
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Richland, WANovember 26, 2018
We were constantly told that if we finished our tasks, then we didn't have enough to do. There was never a sense of accomplishment because one can never complete a task. We were expected to get a percentage of a task finished and then move on to the next task. That makes for a stressful work environment. I felt like the office staff and the medical assistants were looked down on, talked to and about like we were less than.
Stressful and understaffed
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richland, WANovember 7, 2018
High call volume too many patients and extreamly understaffed pay is not enough to compinsate and there is no paid vacation must use PTO if you have it
Better hospital than most
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richland, WANovember 6, 2018
I have worked for Kadlec for over 12 years (combined over 2 periods of employment). Like any large company, the quality of management and staff satisfaction can vary greatly depending on the unit or department that you work with. Overall, I believe that Kadlec does try to treat all employees fairly and create a successful business that can continue to succeed in the region. I have worked at other hospitals and businesses that are much worse to work for, so sometimes I think complainers need some perspective. It's a good, well run company.
Pros
always trying to improve
Cons
always understaffed, need more nurses!
KADLEC: never go there as a Patient, nor an Employee
Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tri-Cities, WAOctober 31, 2018
KADLEC is a terrible hospital to visit, and to work in. Management makes employees miserable, causing peers to back stab one another . The Executives have their kids working in key positions, so be careful who you talk to. Its a small town, so an outsider is never fully trusted.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Managers, Back Stabbing Coworkers, Tiny Town
Kadlec is place to get your feet wet!
PATIENT CARE FACILITATOR (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 27, 2018
Kadlec was the place I always wanted to work. After graduating from MA school I was able to land an interview and it has been great since. Kadlec has been and great company to work.
Pros
Great doctors and staff.
Cons
No paid sick time and no paid holidays (it’s taken from your PTO
Enjoy working closely with patients
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 7, 2018
Preparing work load for PTs
Supervision of parkinsons exercise group
Assist in AROM/PROM with patients.
ambulate patients as instructed by PT's.
Responsible for monitoring vitals.
Assist in exercise programs.
Pros
Working closely with patients
Cons
Loosing patients to illness.
Very productive place while I was there
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 21, 2018
Review tickets or emails regarding reports. Attend meetings if any. Design, develop reports as per criteria. Meet or exceed productive goals and write work summary.
Good place to work and learn
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 16, 2018
Management is not always understanding of employee medical needs, other than that, its a great place to work, learn and grow. Also room for advancement if desired.
Wonderful Co-Workers
Kitchen Worker and Assistant Cook (Current Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 13, 2018
When working my co-workers were there to help each other out in time of need. If I hadn't gotten hurt I would still be there. I miss them and the family atmosphere that made a person feel welcome.
Typical day at work
Administrative/Medical Support (Former Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 12, 2018
Would be to schedule patients for all diagnostic imaging in a timely manner and also make sure the patients healthcare insurance would cover the procedure.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No Overtime
Very Well
Housekeeping Technician (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 22, 2018
A typical day is very busy paced depending on the day in the week and the management is very well and concise there very friendly and everyone at Kadlec is very friendly just some days people have things in life and things may be somewhat unbalanced but people are very friendly here
Pros
Getting along with coworkers and supervisors
Cons
breaks are never long enough but are in good condition for all employees
Best hospital in Tri cities
RN (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 22, 2018
Has its flaws but it is the best work environment and provides the best care in tricities. It has been a while and has had some management changes. At the time the union was on point.
Fastpaced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 21, 2018
Working in Neurology was busy, sad sometimes, Great place to work until new managementstirred the pot. The Neurology coworkers are awesome and team
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
to political
Fast paced, nice staff, well taken care of as an employee or a person in general.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 15, 2018
Very structured, provides all they can to make standard guide lines a must with no excuses to be at fault of any negligent behavior, because every thing you need is provided to properly perform your job duties. Great place to work and learn as a medical professional, management is very supportive, and out going. Long hours can be difficult, but you'll stay busy. Meals are available through the night.
Pros
Shift differential
Cons
Pay cut if you take a full time position after being hired as per diem
Workplace Culture
Cardiothoracic Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 23, 2018
I was employed at Kadlec for over 18 years. Recently hired a new manager and the culture changed for the worse.

I enjoyed caring for our patients.
Pros
co workers, patients
Cons
micromanagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kadlec Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight