Kaeser Compressors, Inc. Employee Reviews

Stressful job with cutthroat management
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 4, 2017
There is a lot of micromanagement and you feel like your job is never safe. The management have their own "cliques" and if you aren't in them, you can forget about enjoying your workplace. You're either in or out, there is no in between. They care about the bottom line and have no respect for the "learning process". I would NOT recommend Kaeser to anyone who is looking for a meaningful career.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Management, Workplace Environment, Salary
Great company, Very organized, Well managed.
QEM Manager, ISO Director (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoyed working at Kaeser, the day to day operations ran very smoothly, I worked in a branch location which was small and managed slightly different from the corporate office. This company does training very well, they have an abundance of resources available to assist employees with anything they may need help in doing. I personally liked working in an environment without the feeling of management hovering, if you perform your job well then you are left to do things on your own in your own way.
Pros
Good benefits, easy training, well managed
Cons
Corporate maintains control of changes to any procedure, they should utilize the branch offices for advice.
Great company to work for
Logistician (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CASeptember 15, 2017
I have been with Kaeser Compressors for 2.5 years. I feel as if I am lucky to have become part of the Kaeser family. All of us here are so close and my coworkers are like a second family (even the ones in other states). The company offers great benefits. Of course there are days that the workload can become stressful, but that's the way it is with any company. The good definitely out weighs the bad. I look forward to many years to come working for this company until I retire.
Great Place to Work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  South Easton, MAAugust 22, 2017
Great place to work, but you will work hard and be challenged.

Wish it was closer to home. That fact played a big role in my leaving. But I enjoyed being there very much.
Great Place to Work
Service Suppot (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 28, 2017
I started working for Kaeser about a year ago and I am glad that I got hired to be apart of such a great company. My days are pretty consistent, I have work to do on a daily basis which makes my days go by pretty fast. Each day you feel like you've accomplished a lot. There is a lot to learn working for the company but there is always someone there willing to help you along the way. I appreciate the growth that you have within the company, being able to start in one position with the opportunity to move around to a different position and or move to another state is great job security. Any job that you work will always have it's good days and bad days, but the good days always out weigh the bad. The hardest part about my job is just learning about all the parts of a compressor and learning the different verbiage between a technician and a manual. The most enjoyable part of my job is the great team I work with making the days go by quickly. The office structure makes you feel apart of a team. The desk's are set up in pods of 6 people giving you 5 people to help you, your pod becomes like your office family. Also management is great, they walk around making sure that we are all doing well, asking if we have any question and they will definitely give you the one on one assistance if need be. All in all Kaeser in my opinion is a great place to work. If like me: you love staying busy, you love learning new things every day and you love feeling like you're a part of a family then join the team!
Pros
Office events, Team, Work evironment
Cons
No vision benefits
Three Cheers for Kaeser!
National Service Coordination Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 24, 2017
I have been working at Kaeser for four years now - my biggest complaint is that I didn't start working here sooner. Seriously. Like any job, it's not perfect; some days are more stressful than others. Some days (mostly Mondays), I would rather sleep in than get dressed and be an adult; however, Kaeser is the first job I've held in which I don't wake up in the morning and hit the snooze button while contemplating just how much I actually need money and wonder if it's even worth it. I feel valued by my superiors and respected by my co-workers. It's an amazing feeling knowing that I can go to my superiors whenever I have a problem or make a mistake and know that they will have my back and support me while trying to help find a solution. The pay is great - I started out making more money as a coordinator at Kaeser than I had in a management position in a pharmacy! And, quite frankly, any job where working weekends isn't an option is a winner in my book. I highly recommend Kaeser - if you're already looking for a job, what do you have to lose?
Pros
Free gym/weight room, cafeteria/break room, pay/compensation, cheerful atmosphere, on-site training, team-building
Great Office Atmosphere
Office (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 19, 2017
Great Office Atmosphere. I absolutely love it. Everyone is very down to earth and helpful. No one ever gives you a hard time when asking questions. My supervisor is not just a manager but a leader. Very personable and approachable. I read these reviews before I got hired and I was a little nervous. But I'd have to say that these reviews are not correct, at least not in the Fredericksburg branch. The only thing I would change is the cost of benefits, but other than that there's so much flexibility. I'd rather have high premiums than a stressful job. And they're flexible, especially if you have children and a crazy schedule. I've never worked at a job where they have a free gym, Zumba and yoga classes. Plus they're cafeteria has not just vending machines but fresh sandwiches and coffee. I sit at my desk and do my work. No one bothers me or asks me what I'm doing. No micromanaging. There's a great sense of team work. I wish I started here a long time ago.
Pros
Lunch room, gym, yoga and Zumba classes. Flexibility with schedule
Cons
Health insurance is high
Love Coming To Work Everyday!
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cypress CAJuly 19, 2017
Kaeser is a wonderful company to work for. Since being hired I've been made to feel like part of the family not only by HR and corporate but by my manager, supervisor, lead and coworkers, not just a number here. I feel very secure in my position because we are not made to feel replaceable, in fact we are made to feel appreciated. Kaeser has not had any layoff's, instead when times have gotten ruff they choose to have employees take furlough days in order to keep everyone employed. Coming from a company where I did not survive the last of 3 layoffs after working there for 6 years, that is very comforting to know. The training here is great, they take their time with you and make sure you know what you are doing. They don't just throw you out on your own and expect you to figure it out. When mistakes are made we are redirected with respect and not made to feel incompetent. Overall the pro's definitely out weight the cons. I would highly recommend anyone work for this company.
Pros
friendly coworkers, involved managment, profit share and bonuses
Cons
expensive benefits
Very welcoming, personable environment.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg VAJuly 18, 2017
I came to Kaeser from being in a fast paced retail management position for 10 years. I was hired as a service coordinator for centralized branches, the work is detailed, but clear instruction is available should a problem or question arise. There are endless teaching resources available if you take your initial training period seriously and put in the work to learn something new. This is definitely a job that gives back to you what you are willing to put in. You will excel if you work hard. There are plenty of opportunities to move around in the company and all open positions are advertised to internal candidates before being released to the public. If you are motivated by achieving attainable goals that are communicated very clearly to you, then this job would be a great fit for you. One of the things I appreciate most about this company is that expectations are reasonable and clearly laid out, there is no guessing here, you will receive constructive criticism when it is needed, and praise when it is earned. The management is very proactive about forming relationships with each employee, they encourage the open door policy, you are welcome to come to them with any problem at any time and they won't make you feel inferior. If you bring a problem to management they are extremely proactive in helping you find a solution, it is my opinion that my supervisors care about the issues I face daily and want to help me be successful. The work environment is relaxed, you are encouraged to form relationships with your coworkers as well as with the field partners at the satellite  more... offices of the centralized branches. The facilities are maintained very well, the lunch room is always clean and the vending machines remain fully stocked at all times. There is a gym onsite with clean locker rooms available to all employees at no charge. Overall there is a positive vibe in the office, the energy is great, the employees really care about each other, and are welcoming of new team members.  less
Pros
open communication with management, clean facilities, positive environment
Cons
benefits are a little pricey, otherwise no complaints.
Denver Branch
Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2017
Don't let some past negative reviews stop you from applying at the Denver branch. All bad reviews are from other cities. The denver branch is a great place to work and to learn your trade. This company has great benefits and excellent training to get your career started off in the right direction. Company van, company phone, Company gas card 401 K . Good local management.
Pros
van, phone, gas card
Cons
may be required to go out of town occasonally
No room for advancement
NA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2017
The Dallas branch needs work, there is no break room, the office where you work is cramped. Dallas Management is great but employees are really unhappy, the superior is young and on ADHD meds so she's spastic. The corporate office is really poorly managed, there does not seem to be a "team" spirit from corporate to the branches. I would not recommend a Dallas position if you are looking to advance in the company as there is no where to go.
So much wasted potential
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 20, 2017
This has the potential to be a really good place to work, a place to have a long career. Instead it is led by the most dated management team. Starting from the top level president, working down to the lowest level supervisor. There is not an opportunity to grow or bring in new ideas. They are stuck in the mind frame of "this is the way we have always done it" and do not want to change. They use bare minimum technology for day to day operations even though they are a leader in product technology. They try to manufacture a culture of "Kaeser Family" but the truth is there is no interaction between departments or branches, there is no sense of teamwork. You can sit in the break room and not one person will speak to you. The HR department is the most unfriendlist, unknowable group of people in any company. They are not able to answer basic questions, change precedures and only talk to each other.
Pros
Expensive Benefit Plan
Cons
Culture, Management and Human Respurces
Run Far Away
Service (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 7, 2016
The worst job ever.

This place is the pits. I dread coming to work and can't wait for the day I no longer have to walk through their door for work.

Benefits are lousy and too expensive. There are no vending machines, no company provided coffee and no paper towels in the kitchen (kitchen only, no lunch tables) There is no employee break room or a place designated for employees to break or lunch. Speaking of breaks, you are not entitled to a 5, 10, 15, 20 minute morning or afternoon break but local mgr will allow it. However, if you smoke you are entitled to as many smoke breaks as you wish especially if you smoke with management.

Youre treated and talked to as if you are a child in school or a prisoner in jail. Everyday in almost every situation its a cluster Of mess even though all processes are documented. Nothing is ever a smooth and easy transaction. Things constantly change and you may not be made aware until you get a nasty gram from management stating you did something wrong. Nasty grams with inappropriate language is the norm here. Processes are long, they don't make make sense with a lot of unnecessary work and details required.
Pros
Unlimited breaks for smokers
Cons
Everything Kaeser
Worst Place to Work for (current employee)
Scheduler/coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2016
If I could give this job 0 Stars I would. This is your worst job ever. There is no communication both internally and externally. Customers call in and speak to 5-6 different people working on the same ticket. Work orders are all screwed up management doesn't care most of the people that work here don't care and are actively looking for other employment. This should be a red flag for everyone that this is not a great place to work. Everyday that you're here you feel like you're being eaten alive. The benefits are nothing to look at and just in general company sucks to work for. If you can find somewhere better to work at. Life is too short to put up with this job.
Pros
No pros that I can think of
Cons
If you can avoid it--find something else--keep looking.
Service Department (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 25, 2016
One of the worst places I have ever worked.

A lot of great people in the work force but really bad management. Very top heavy. They do not want, nor respect the employees ideas and contributions. They just come out of their back slapping, ball groping meetings and announce changes that may seem great in theory but if they had respected and included the ones that actually do the work they may have really accomplished something.

This place seems to just suck the personality and soul from everyone that works there. It is a real shame because it has the potential to be a great place. What a waste......... I feel like I wasted too many years there and regret not leaving sooner. I kept hoping it would get better but has just continued to decline.
benefits
Cons
benefits are costly in more ways than one. Very bad management from top down.
One of the worst places in Houston to work!!!!!!!
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2016
Stay away from the Houston branch. Office Monkey(manager) is a jerk. No one is safe ,talks down to everyone. Will set you up for failure. I wasted 3 years of my life working at Kaeser.
Pros
Cons
Bad Place to be.
Not for highly educated or experienced
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GAJune 13, 2016
Stay away from this place if you are highly-qualified or experienced in sales. They gas you up just to get you in the door. They tell you all about the bonuses and the great benefits and tell you that you will be a great asset to the team. When hired you find out it is nothing but a call center. You'll make cold calls and try to track down sales guys all day. Your bonus is determined by what the overpaid outside sales guy sells and how you perform as a "team" in your territory. Sorry but I have over 15 years of industrial sales experience, I could run this office with my eyes closed. I don't get out of bed for less than $55k. Luckily my former employer welcomed me back with open arms.
Service Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22408June 5, 2016
poor management and no breaks, no team work and rules change with out everyone knowing. parking sucks, no cafeteria. i stay because if is good money close to home.
Great Company, Great Opportunities
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 24, 2016
It is nice working with a company that values the employees, is customer focused and is driven to improve. I had many opportunities for training. I really feel like my manager wanted me to grow, both with product knowledge and position knowledge. The company cares about employees and that is reflected in the benefit package. The health insurance is a very generous plan and they offer both profit sharing and 401k. They give back to the community and give the employees opportunities to get involved.
Pros
Benefits, Community Involvement
Great Place, Great Location
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 2, 2016
Kaeser is in a great location if you work for the headquarters in Fredericksburg. It allows you a chance to have a career without the obligation to travel up north. My manager was awesome, took the time to listen to new ideas. Work life didn't take over family life, I was always able to leave right on time with no expectation of coming in early. It is a Mon-Fri, 8-5 schedule. I really enjoyed learning about the industry, the company provided many opportunities to learn. The employees care about the community and there is always some kind of charity event being sponsored that you can help out in different ways. It was a place that I could have fun while I was at work.
Pros
Training, location, management and coworkers, schedule
Cons
You don't get a chance to interact with the people at the branches that often.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaeser Compressors, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Kaeser Compressors, Inc. Reviews by Location