Kaiser Aluminum Employee Reviews

Good place for exposure to new technology.
Project Engineer, Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 17, 2018
I was part of engineering team that analyzed, coordinated and implemented plant-wide modernization program. I learned a lot from this job about the technical aspects of engineering.
Pros
People
Cons
No pension
Needs a total overhaul.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJuly 15, 2018
Back stabbers, safety issues, no positive reinforcement , and huge management issues. Would be a great place to work, but controlled chaos. Micro management reigns Supreme
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
See above in comments...says it all.
Long time ago with them
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJuly 9, 2018
They likely have changed because it has been more than 21 years since I last worked there and I have had no contact since then, but it was a fast-paced production environment, and union was strong then.
Hard place to feel like a contributor
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAMay 26, 2018
Every day is a challenge to be glad to come to work. I enjoyed working with the plant folks but the management were to far off to know or want to know the real facts.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
Management on another planet
Constantly watched by cameras
Press Operator, Leader (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 4, 2018
Stressful work place working seven days a week three weeks out of the month only two days off a month rules constantly changing pay gets cut for no reason
rotating shift
Maintenance Tech/Electrician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 1, 2018
not much on time off working 3rd shift 6 nights on 2 off so ever 6 weeks you get a weekend off with the family. you work holidays they don't care. its all about the production numbers
My first job
Forge Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMarch 31, 2018
The work environment was hot and dirty. The jobs were relatively easy plenty of opportunities to advance.The pay was good at the time and management worked closely with employees.
Pros
Excellent opportunities
Cons
Dirty work environment
my overall is that its a good place to work
Billet, Precision Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXMarch 28, 2018
My work experience consisted of learning new things and being wore out in positions because the turnover is ridiculous. The pay was good lots of overtime.
Pros
Ot
Cons
Wore out, wrong people in wrong posistions
Very good
Millwright/Industrial maintenance (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHMarch 18, 2018
I love what I do. Schedule is difficult,but work is very rewarding. I am always excited about what will come next. Very little repetition. Hot,dirty,greasy.
Terrible enviroment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2018
Ive been with the company for two years and it gets worse every day. It starts with management, they're terrible at their job and don't care about you or your personal life at all, we have been working for 6 or 7 days every week for about 6 months with only one weekend off a month, however management gets off every weekend so they do not care, the machines are running terribly and thats why we have to keep coming in on the weekends but the managers refuse to stop the machines to fix them properly because they get paid for them running so the employees suffer for that. Its a seniority based job so if your new and they lay off your out in the street for god knows how long, as far as the employees go most are ok some are not like any job but the pay is fair, if you want a life do not come here if you don't care for personal time or honestly just need to stay on the grind for money this is the place for you.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Work 26 days straight and then you get one weekend off

Want to know more about Kaiser Aluminum?

Ask a question
Great Company to work for
Plant Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAFebruary 9, 2018
need to work hard and show your worth but once your in, your in. great pay and excellent benefits.Management is generally great, not much of a training program for new employees so you either pick up what their doing or get out.
Pros
great starting pay and benefits from day 1
Cons
last minute notice for overtime
Production
Production Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Kaiser was a Very fast pace job. Throughout all the hours and years I have been there I never was recognized for going to beyond and above. I was always told its the little things you can do to help make the difference not the little things that would once cost me my job. I was unfortunately doing a job of three people on a previous shift single handed. Management was never there to answer questions and the system is self trained. Over the years I have been there I have worked solo. Supervisors are very helpful. The turn over rate is out the roof and the management has a zero tolerance policy. really unorganized and uneducated plant manager.
Pros
Good production workers
Cons
Bad management
not at this time
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 14, 2018
This company has a long way to go in there maintenance department. In the 2 1/2 years I've been employed there I have had 3 Maintenance Managers and two Supervisors.
A great place to work
Production Worker- Mold Repair (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJanuary 5, 2018
A great place to work. Hard work but fun. Coworkers were all friendly and always help. A team in environment. Always getting training. Management was good. The pay was good and the benefits was good.
Pros
everything
fairly good safety ratings
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXDecember 29, 2017
i learned alot in the fabrication department. i learned how to run all the presses, saws, set ups on the equipment and inspections. the only problem is that i worked very hard there for 3 years and they wont hire me back.
Pros
good people
Cons
not many benefits and low salary
Kaiser Aluminum Review
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TX 75090December 26, 2017
Get to work go to breakroom 30 minutes early chat for awhile read paper etc.
clock in at 7 and to work area turn on machine and load table start cutting and load on a buggy until finished with order.Lunch was when its your turn and off at 7.
Pros
insurance and retirement
Cons
a lot of overtime
Wonderful work enviroment
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CADecember 11, 2017
Working in human resources was a new experience for me, but it was mostly paperwork. The head quarters in Foothill Ranch is an amazing place to work. Clean nice work environment with truly kind caring individuals in the company. As long as you are good with a computer, this will be an easy fit for you.
Team work and close and positive relationship with Management and and employees.
PURCHASING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 1, 2017
Daily Production meeting help all Production Departments
get updated on Production status, Inventory levels ,Quality
Control concerns , Engineering project status and Custumer
status.Emphasis on TEAM WORK.
J. Holtz
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Heath, OHSeptember 30, 2017
Continually being laid off is very difficult for my family. Manditory overtime will cause someone to get imjired or worse. Ready for a new opportunity.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Manditory overtime
Great Place, career starter
Finish Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Great place to work, especially after you have enough seniority to choose your shift. Pay and benefits are excellent. Commitment to safety is commendable. Great place to dig out a career or even to finish one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Aluminum. Our community is ready to answer.