Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

awesome
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 17, 2018
This place is a great place to work at and has a lot of opportunity to work at and move up and also go to school and is a great place to work at i would recommend this place to anybody
OK company to work for.
Associate Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 17, 2018
Kaiser has a temp to hire mentality/culture for two years then you are hired on with benefits as a contractor for two years. This has been very hard to deal with as they start you at a very low pay rate. When you become a contractor you are bound to the position for two years and you cannot look for other jobs within the company.
Pros
A job
Cons
Stressful environment and long process to become an employee
Competitive wage in a large company with great reputation
Psychometrist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 17, 2018
Kaiser has competitive wages and flexible schedules for employees. Room for transfer with several facilities in the area. Work with great people who are happy to be at Kaiser.
Kaiser SF has very busy L&D, antepartum and postpartum units.
Travel Nurse, Multiple Assignments & Locations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2018
As ANM I was responsible for 2-5 units during the night shift. I made staffing and census decisions including census management in conjunction with the house supervisor and unit director.
Excellent benfits
Referral Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 16, 2018
Kaiser is a great company with great pay for living in Hawaii. Not very good Management staff for our department.
Not supportive. Most of my years with Kaiser were very good years,
But in the last 3 years, we did not have very good support from upper mangement with solving problems that was bought to her attention that was affecting our ability to ensure excellent patient care.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
little mangement support
Excellent Career Opportunity
FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2018
This is a healthcare environment where your work directly impacts the health of our patients and members. You can expect to work in a challenging field that will ultimately lead to a long career. The management can be at time a bit of a mess, but they are usually able to get issues resolved in a timely manner and back on track. The culture is pretty cool and the people of Kaiser are very professional and are more like a close knit family.

Between job satisfaction and benefit/compensation you'd be hard pressed to find something better.
Pros
Pay/Benefits, work/life balance, rewarding job
Cons
Unions, management
Great Place to Work At!
Executive Assistant/Staff Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 16, 2018
Kaiser Permanente is a really big organization, and has multiple facilities throughout southern California as well as other states. I started working as a temp in the executive offices, and then after a few months I was offered the job of Administrative Assistant III, then through out my almost 11 years tenure, I climbed the latter all the way up to Assistant to the Executive Leader. This is a great company to work for with lots of room for growth and promotions within.
Pros
Large company lots of room for growth
Cons
hard to get into....it is best to start off as a temp and then hopefully get hired permanently
Fast paced, stressful.
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 16, 2018
The educational and training was few and far. I never felt as though I had any advancement opportunities that would fit my needs.

The department manager did not seem to know how to interact with the staff,
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Lack of educational opportunities
Great opportunities !
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 15, 2018
Kaiser Permanente is amazing to work for! I would definitely go back. Teamwork is great, Manager are very understanding and patient with their employees. You always have chances to grow with the company.
Overall professional management
Internal Auditor (contracted) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2018
Management provides instructions, and follow though; provide guidelines to review tasks, and monitoring process

Provided consulting services to include updating Director on weekly progress of Community Benefit programs. Reconciled Community Benefit program to healthcare accounts software PLAR to ONELINK for Northern and Southern California.
Good Place to work with little opportunity
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2018
Kaiser could be a great place to work. Unfortunately, many managers do not know the ins and outs of healthcare or the positions within their respective clinics. Promotions are based on seniority rather than merit, and promotion to supervisor/management positions typically go to people with management experience, but not necessarily healthcare experience.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement.
good company. didn't pay well
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed working kaiser. It was well managed when I was there. They did not pay well. I got a offered more money. Job was very interesting and I felt like I learned a lot and grew there.
quiet, very strict
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harbor City, CAAugust 14, 2018
For me it was an internship so I wasn’t there for long, I didn’t clerical work mostly but at the end it startsd becoming more and more interactive based off what you wrote about in your essay
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 14, 2018
I really did enjoy the experience that Kaiser Permanente offered to me. Although I don't agree with them going against their policy procedures.The management for specific departments are very good and very helpful.
Great Place to work
Business Solutions Analyst/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COAugust 14, 2018
Kaiser truly cares about its employees and treats them with respect and consideration. Great work/life balance and strong management. I was a contract employee with Kaiser and would definitely return if a new position opened up.
Pros
Great culture and work/life balance
Cons
More contractors than FTE
Coworkers were a fun group
Outpatient Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 14, 2018
Straight medical coding. Required to meet a quota of 65 charts per day. Too much emphasis was placed on meeting the quota, I feel they should have given us more time to learn, classes, etc.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Not enough training in my field
Parking Attendant/Shuttle Driver
Parking Attendant/Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2018
Provided member service and hospitality to patients and daily visitors. Drove and assisted regular and handicap patients to and from Kaiser Permanente Medical Center clinics and main hospital for various doctor appointments. Collected parking revenue in multiple check out booths and made proper safe deposits according to policy and end of shift. Routinely offered help and information and guided patients and members in there visit to the medical facility.
Great work experience
Administrative Assistance III (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 13, 2018
Typical day at work: We as a team work together to ensure that the workflow is spread evenly and assist each other when needed. It is nothing like having a team that work together for one common goal. This make a work day easier by relying on each other as a team.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Was being able to exceed members expectations when they come in to request medical records or changes to their demographics and need assistance via by phone to access their account. It give me pride to know I did a great job.

The workplace culture: It is diverse from management to physicians.

The hardest part of the job: Well I would have to say the office politics.

Management: When this company say open door policy they mean exactly what it states. If you have an idea or a problem it is nothing to just knock on the door of your managers offices to say hey I need to speak with you about an idea or a situation. Wow!! the manager stop what they are doing or if they are on a call they will follow up with you that day. I have never experience this in any previous position. managers in this company truly listen to their staff and make them priority. This is truly rare.

What I learned: That everyday is a learning experience.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
Contract ended to soon
great company
call center csp, medical recep, Labor Liaison, (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2018
Great company- plenty of opportunity to move from department/location to another to obtain new skills. Corporate culture is open to educational experiences as well as ability to move up in the corporate world.
Unions presence helps to assure equality and helps set rules and policies. Unions are also part of the corporate decision makiing process.
Pros
great place to work which is evidenced by the number of people at all levels to stay to retirement
Productive wonderful place to work
Lead Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  OregonAugust 13, 2018
A typical day at work is fast pace from beginning to end. Ive learned to be a exceptional communicator when working with the public. Management has varied. The hardest part of the job is the load of members they have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.7Fairygodboss Score

76%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.