Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Found 8,025 reviews matching the search See all 8,068 reviews
Good to work there, if you don't get laid off
Senior IT Consultant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 14, 2018
Good place to work in IT in general. There is a culture you have to align with, but as a developer, I enjoyed working there, with both good and bad workers, until I was laid off.
Pros
Bonuses, Pto, Pension
Cons
Layoff without notice
work kp
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 13, 2018
Political organization. If one person does not like you. you will be ostracized. especially if its management. a follow the flock organization. Design patient and population-centered care to improve health outcomes. Integrate inter-professional care to improve safety/quality, and decrease cost of care. Evaluate the ability of existing and emerging information, communication, and healthcare technologies to improve care. Defend health policy that improves the experience of care, population health, and professional work life.
Pros
money
Cons
culture
Environment good
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 13, 2018
THe environment is pleasant, easy to work with providers and good clinic flow. Flexible, good to work with family life, encourage career advancement.
It's all about the money.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, OROctober 13, 2018
It's all about the money. The team I was assigned with were good people tied strongly to the annual bonus we got in the spring. The doctor I was hired to work for was age-biased towards me and was very uncomfortable and unprofessional.
work above my duty to help serve out patient better
Sterile Processing Technician III (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 13, 2018
I served Kaiser for over 35 years plus because I enjoyed my job and learning and developing my skills I advance in my skills my getting certify as a Sterile Processing technician and advance to Lead Technician, over 20 years of service. 2 - years of supervisor in the Surgery Department do scheduling and staffing the department.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
training programs
Good place for a smart, young manager
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 12, 2018
The Good:
Great benefits, better than average pay, many training resources, tuition reimbursement, zero tolerance for discrimination, excellent amount of paid time off, speak up culture, much transparency.

The Bad:
Too many unproductive meetings and not enough time given to fulfilling primary job responsibilities , 60-70 hour work week, little control over day-to-day operations, too much bureaucracy, out of date and inadequate IT systems, constant sense of overwhelm.

The Ugly:
Unions are given more influence over daily decisions than almost any other industry leading to combative, entitled employees and a virtual inability to remove ineffective people from their positions even after multiple infractions. This creates a frustrating and sometimes hostile work environment for lower and middle management.
Mindful and supportive work environment
Innovation Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 12, 2018
Loved my time at Kaiser! It was challenging and rewarding at the same time. Tons of wonderful people, service focused and caring company. I had several roles during the 8 years there and I've learned a lot while helping others deliver health services. A place to admire!
What I learned
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDOctober 12, 2018
It has a very intense training program and before you start picking up the calls you're already well equipped. I learned a lot about health care and solving member's issues. In addition I improved my typing and listening skills because I was documenting at the same time listening to the member.
Pros
The pay is awesome especially in the Maryland region.
Cons
I had a difficult time because of my accent and I was discriminated upon in many instances.
phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 12, 2018
Determines and executes the best method for obtaining biological specimens from patients of all ages as required to include venipuncture, capillary, and heel-stick puncture to ensure quality specimens for testing.
Keeps client office staff abreast of new policies and protocols related to laboratory operations; investigates patient billing issues and works towards resolution.Centrifuge, aliquot, separate, refrigerate, freeze, or handle specimens as required to maintain specimen integrity.
Important work but no work-life balanve
Service Unit Non RN Manager II (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 12, 2018
The work is important and Kaiser Permanente strives to provide quality healthcare. However, it is a challenge managing a work life balance and still keep up with all the work assigned. This is a common challenge in many positions in the company.
Pros
Strives for quality
Cons
Heavy workloads
Very collaborate
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 11, 2018
Kaiser Permanent has an amazing staff that is always focused on providing he best patient care. From the moment you walk in to the moment that you leave the staff is very attentive and friendly.
Kaiser has been a great place to work in the last 11 yrs.
Unit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, OROctober 11, 2018
It all depends on your work ethic and attitude to work within the organization.You have career advancement opportunities and education reimbursement..
Good Salary Benifits
Receptionist cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 11, 2018
Face pass environment registering. 75 patents a day

Learned computer more efficiently

Management will to help with training

Last position had wonderful co worker

Medical Assistants expected stressed expected help out of the protocols.

Management unaware of protocols
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Reduction of benifits, stressful work conditions
Benefits are great
LPN (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAOctober 10, 2018
Kaiser benefits are great. I love working straight days, banker hours, no weekends or holidays. Kaiser is union which is nice, I had never been in a union prior.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
treat employees poorly
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 10, 2018
I would recommend this job to anyone that needs help for college. I got benefits for college and gain skills during this program. I met the mayor and met a lot more good faces.
Pros
Paid for college, get connections from big companies.
Cons
No hours
Very Good but Stressful
PACS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 10, 2018
It was a great company to work for. I enjoyed working there and my position. They treated me well and I enjoyed and needed the benefits. I feel like i did a really great job in my position.
great
Internship (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95825October 10, 2018
it was fun working for Kaiser. I would totally go back if i could. I worked with great People and enjoyed every minute of it. I miss it soo much. I recommend every one getting a job there
overall a good experience
Internal Medicine Residency (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed learning about the Kaiser model. I felt like I was able to provide comprehensive care especially because I was able to view all documents related to my patients in the EMR.
Kaiser vs GHC conflict lots of unnecessary drama.
CMA (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 10, 2018
Kaiser (Northwest) Bellevue, WA
When I was hired I was trained Kaiser vision way but existing GHC employees are unwilling to conform to Kaiser's vision. Seniority and the Union enable long-term employees to be lazy. The management tries so hard to make positive changes but the employees refuse to comply. This place is filled with drama and lots of employee conflicts. It was like being in high school all over again. When I worked there 6 MA's quit all at once due to the constant conflicts.
You get amazing benifits and compensation. You cannot use the benefits they offer because you WILL NOT get time off you request until you have been there for a few years. Kaiser is NOT flexible at all and doesn't have the staff to releive those that need days off. I was told on my first day that I won't get a day off so don't even ask. They only way you can get a day off is to call in sick which will be unexcused.
Pros
Pay and Benifits
Cons
Breaks-lunch only, constant employee conflicts, long-term employees are lazy, the Union enables long-term employees to work less and demand more.
PRN pharmacy tech experience
Call Center Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2018
they hire too many people. yes i make $20/hr but i barely get any hours. pharmacy system is complicated and they are big on speed. Your timed on EVERYTHING you do.
Pros
great pay, 1 hour lunch break, flexibility
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
54.1K
42.3K
31.1K

See reviews about

Diversity score

75out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kaiser Permanente.

Powered by Comparably