Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Rapid managments changes
REGIONAL ADVICE NURSE (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 14, 2018
In the last year many management changes have occurred. RN's left with uncertainty if they will need to find new positions. Will need to watch what the new plan is over the next 3 months.
Pros
Excellent pay, benfits
Cons
Rapid management changes
Fun and productive
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2018
Organized
patient centered care
fun and enjoyable work environment.
Always has training when need and if needed.
Affordable healthcare for patients
Kaiser call center nursing
Call Center Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aurora,COJuly 14, 2018
I had set hours that I worked and was happy with my position and time. Then came the decision to close the call center. Because I had low seniority, I was not able to secure a position that would work with my family life at that time. I was laid off from Kaiser after working for them for 2 years.
Pros
kaiser contributed to 403K
Cons
unable to secure another position when restructuring took place
Customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 13, 2018
Good workes i like work for my future. I like customer service. I working hard. I have good personality. Hepl the customer. Ineed for my reference sponsored .
Intern
Field Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2018
I was an intern at Kaiser so I didn't receive benefits like the full time employees. I also was given short breaks. Not a lot of time to relax. I felt pressured to work.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Short breaks
Contractors are not treated well
Workstation PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 13, 2018
PC Refresh contractors are not treated well, have to work very hard, money is not good, no benefits and no guarantees of getting work, FTE however are treated and paid well.
Kaiser volunteer experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAJuly 12, 2018
It's a straight forward position. You're stationed at the hospital's front desk at the main entrance. You are in charge of greeting customers, giving them directions, looking up their appointments, and looking up family/friends if they are in the ER.
From time to time, you will also be asked to transport patients in wheelchairs from various destinations (e.g. another department or to their car parked out front).
I've only done Monday mornings, and the flow fluctuates with it being quieter some days, and other days you're called to several locations to bring patients all over the hospital.

I think it is worth it to volunteer here, however, as it gives you some insight on how a hospital works and gives you interaction time with patients.
Pros
patient interaction, get to move around the hospital
Cons
manager is hard to get a hold of, cranky people, not having enough information to direct someone
Great First Step into Nursing
RN (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 12, 2018
This was my first job out of college and it was a wonerful learning experience. Staff was for the most part very kind and supportive and although hours could be long at times, it was worth it on the up side.
Pros
good coworkers, staff, management, training
Cons
can feel like a grind
fun working at this company
Collections/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 12, 2018
I really enjoyed myself working for this company. My co-workers got along well we did a lot of team building. The manager team was always pushing you to do a better job and going back to school.
so much fun
General Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJuly 12, 2018
Great hospital to volunteer at. You can grow and help the community so much! I enjoyed meeting new people. Although it was intense at times, I still left him feeling grateful for volunteering there.
Great Staff
Sr. Staff Asst. (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 11, 2018
What kept me with my department the longest was certain staff I worked with. We became more like a family since we spent so many hours with each other at the hospital. Our management staff was consistently changing. In my 5 years there, we went through 6 different directors and or managers. Because of this, disciplinary actions were not consistent for staff. This led to horrible attendance in certain staff, and poor performance. When these actions were attempting correction, there was significant resistance on both sides for the lack of consistency by management. Certain staff members were extremely disrespectful to the administration staff, often creating toxic work environments and the inability to effectively to conduct business or carry out any operational needs. I am hoping this was just a location issue, and not an overall organizational issue.
Pros
health insurance paid for, paid vacation & sick time, flexible work hours
Cons
minimal appreciation for contributions, low employee morale in dept.
Data Specialist/SAS Programmer Senior (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 11, 2018
Great Benefits!! Good opportunities to move around the company. Flexible work schedule with possible opportunity to work from home. Top heavy in management.
Union - Represented employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2018
The represented employees are less likely to take personal accountability. When corrective action comes, they are likely to avoid work and, or meetings to prolong the process.
Kaiser was a great place to work.
Registered Nurse- ER (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 11, 2018
Kaiser was a great company yo work for, especially good benefits financially and working towards retirement. I have never worked for a company before that offered flexible days off for family events or mental health wellness.
Work Environment
Assistant Administrator of Operations (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2018
This organization values professionalism, excellence, patient-centered care, teamwork, integrity and compassionate care. Patients and family are a priority.
Productive, patient satisfaction, challenging
Associate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 11, 2018
I worked with the account rep and new sales rep to sale and enrollment new members into our Insurance plan. Establishing relationships with brokers and clients.
Pros
Great healthcare, learned alot of new skills in the Healthcare Industry, received my health license and management was encouraging
Cons
No real career path advancement
good benefits
Communications Operator (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 11, 2018
Kaiser is a good place to work and the benefits are amazing. My main problem with working at Kaiser is that it is impossible to move up within the organization when you start as a union employee. Because of that I may need to move on.
Pros
benefits laid back work
Cons
missing breaks lack of advancement
Acceptable
Web Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 10, 2018
Typical Day- Operations tasks, server review, internal web review
What I Learned - Scoping and managing time
Workplace culture - Acceptable
The Hardest Part Of The Job - Expectations subjective/Change fluently
The most enjoyable part of the job - Allowed to do work with no interruptions.
Pros
Life Balance
Cons
Expectations subjective/Change fluently
was train to do my job for many nurses and co workers
Care Partner/Assisting Nurses (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 10, 2018
typical day could be anything learn many task management was good learn many cultures of patients and co workers hardest was when short on co workers not coming to work most enjoyable working with nurses and learning
Pros
Proper lunch time and breaks
Cons
Sometimes no lunch when short handed when nurses need help
Environment designed to protect those that do not care and do not try
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 9, 2018
My least favorite place to work. It was very hard to watch as staff who put no effort into their jobs or cared about their work were praised and promoted simply because they were popular among management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
53.9K
42.1K
31K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

75out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kaiser Permanente.