Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Horrible management with too much bureaucracy
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kaiser Glisan DentalDecember 17, 2017
Beware of Glisan KP Dental. This clinic has a reputation for being mean to their on-call/temp staffs. They has the habits of hiring employee with the promise of a sign on bonus then let them go to save money.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much politic, need to click with management . Otherwise, you’ll be let go.
fun workplace nice people
Administration Assistant/Contracts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 16, 2017
temp job, filing and organizing file room. I didn't di much here. it was in a great location in Pasadena. loved the ladies I worked with. and that's all I can say abut that.
Wonderful place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 16, 2017
Come ready to work
Enjoyable 8 hour shifts
There is room for advancement
Wonderful Supervisor
Big company
Wonderful perks
Has to enjoy customer service
Pros
Wonderful benefits
Cons
don't have any
Fast paced
Warehouse Person (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 16, 2017
load and unload trucks, pull orders and restock, clean area, it was all about getting the job done. Watch for parlevel, report damage product, stage your area.
Cons
pay and benefits
Good benefits and career advancement options
ADVICE REGISTERED NURSE II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 16, 2017
Serious work environment. Professional but friendly staff. Lots of career advancement opportunities. Great compensation. Only one of the last healthcare companies with great retirement benefits. Hard to get into.
Outstanding place to work where they treat you like family
Assisting MD's (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HI 96797December 16, 2017
I worked at Kaiser for a short time and was floored by how much they treated employees like family. The benefits were fantastic also. It is fastpaced which is good because I don't like to sit around doing nothing. The hardest part was that we worked short a lot. They needed more staff. The most enjoyable part was working with everyone from coworkers to MD's to lab techs and cleaning people.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not enough people working
High Paced work environment
Biomedical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 15, 2017
High Paced career. Customer needs are priority, but Management administrative tasks overburden local technicians.Great place to work if you live near facility.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Commute
Rewarding place to work at.
Nutrition Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Harbor City, CADecember 14, 2017
Productive fast paced environment to work in. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make a difference in someone else life. I would recommend someone else to work here.
Pay is good if your willing to put up with managment
Benefits Engine Architect (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 14, 2017
The pay and benefit packages are great, however you have a tendency to feel owned by the company unless you do fall within a union group. Mine unfortunately didn't have one which I was overworked, and dealt with a lot of unfairness and favoritism. Hopefully the rest of the company knows how to treat their employees. A lot of unprofessional behavior can be found here.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
horrible management and heavy on office politics
great place to work
Well-regulated LPN (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORDecember 14, 2017
I loved the team I worked for and appreciate the doctors I work with. I think they are amazing at what they do and keep pt's as their top priority. I did not just leave a great work place but also my work family. I would have stayed if I could, unfortunately had to leave due to relocating to a new city.
One of the best companies I have ever worked.
Sr. Lead Test Engineer/Functional/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 14, 2017
One of the best companies I have ever worked. I love using new technology such at hardware and software. The people or co workers were great to work with.
Cool
REGISTRATION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 14, 2017
Good pay, great benefits, protected by the union, able to move around to try new positions if open. Decent place to work if you are looking for stable employment
Productive and fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 14, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company for 2 years. They had the best benefits and pay around. The only reason why I resigned to my job was, because I needed to relocate to another state. I learned a lot and met a lot of people that enjoyed helping others. The best part of the job was being able to use the company's resources to improve the members' health and satisfaction outcomes. Hardest part of the job was getting time off due to seniority level.
Pros
Health Insurance, 401k, Great Pay, Pleasant work environment.
Cons
Difficult to get PTO requests approved, lack of team work.
Nursing at Kaiser
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 14, 2017
I worked for Kaiser Permanente as a nurse for 23 years. I enjoyed the first 18 or so.
The last few years were difficult.
But, I learned a lot and I loved caring for many ages and types of patients.
I had some excellent colleagues among the Doctors and nurses I worked with.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Overtime daily; no breaks; no lunches; short staff; critical boss
Great place to work in every way
RN Float Med-Surg (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 13, 2017
I came in got a cup of coffee, got my assignment, listened to reports and if report took over 30 minutes, I knew I was going to have very unusual challenging day. Most of the time it did not take that long, unless I was on the med-surg/oncology unit.
I learned that this was the best place to work and I should never have quit.
I was never treated bad for my color, age, or gender.
The hardest part of the job was leaving.
The most enjoyable part is that most people did not complain, because there was not much to complain about.
Nicest doctors I ever worked with in my life, except for one.
Pros
Pay, treatment of nurses, very professional and proactive.
Cons
Distance if you do not wish to travel from High Desert.
Productive, fun, great learning experience
Registered Nurse NICU (Former Employee) –  Harbor City, CADecember 13, 2017
great people, supportive management, caring environment, helpful, great pay and benefits, provided learning experiences and education to staff. Always looking on how to improve patient safety and quality of care.
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, CADecember 12, 2017
Great place to work and I would highly recommend this organization to my friends and family. I had a great time and met a lot of wonderful people and life long friends working there.
Pros
People
Flexible Hours
Pharmacy Assistant and Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2017
Who wouldn't want to work in a company that gives you flexible hours? Kaiser Permanente is the one that gives you that. Unfortunately, I have to relocate for family purpose which I had to leave my dream work place. There are so many positive things I gotta say about this place. But I only have limited amount of space. Overall, I was really happy with Kaiser Permanente.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Too far for me now ;(
Fast paced
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 12, 2017
Fast pace, servicing a large number of members in a short amount of time. No breaks and you must be able to get along with all staff. Management guides the work ethic in each facility. Some managers care and some don't care which generally effects the workplace cultrue.
Pros
Benefits whether part time or fulltime
Cons
No breaks, fast pace
Kaiser Permanente
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 11, 2017
Kaiser Permanente is a good company to work for. They offer good Medical benefits and Retirement benefits. Their pay is excellent but its hard to get in.
Pros
Excellent company to work for.
Cons
The only bad thing is that is very difficult to get a job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2