Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

United States12,390 reviews

Found 12,390 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,441 reviews
permanentekppatientunionbenefitmedicalnursehealth

You work hard, but it’s worth it

Featured review

Kaiser Permanente selected this as a representative review
Work-life balanceWork life balance isn’t too badPay & benefitsExcellent pay and excellent benefitsJob security and advancementJob security is great and my manager supported me going to school. But I’ve heard in other departments that it’s difficult to findOverallYou work hard, yes. Is it worth it? 100% I loved working here!!! I had to leave due to school but I highly recommend kaiser to anyone! I hope to be hired again once I graduate with my RN. Excellent pay(35/hr for LVN which is unheard of) Excellent benefits( did I mention they’re FREE)I love kaiser. People talk badly about the work environment here but I have never had an issue

A serious healthcare organization

I retired from Kaiser Permanente. Very good company to work for..retired 2002-2014...I want to go back to Kaiser Permanente. I live in Colorado now and I would love to return back to Kaiser.A professional company to work for....

Kaiser Permanente insights

Based on 4,731 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Great Work Life Balance

Great company to work for. Compensation is good compared to other companies. Has great benefits packages. Great workplace employment. Manager is great providing good feedback. Good working culture.

Pros

Great benefits

Productive and Caring employer

Call Center Work from home since March 2020. How to read/communicate to members their medical policy benefits. Mangement and Labor Works together to Thrive.Diverse and strive to help members.Learning new system updates to be effective.Speaking with Members to help find resolution for financial responsibility.

Able to help members

Clinic provided excellent service to members, leadership was supportive. Benefits are very good for full-time staff. I left for another opportunity but working here was a good experience.

Enjoy being yelled at by customers

I did not enjoy working there before 2019. Managers yelled at you, customers were very angry, taking endless calls, and lowest pay compared to similar health insurance jobs.

Pros

They pay by the hour

Cons

Calls that never end

Ok work environment

Good pay. Free Health insurance. Medical, Dental, and vision. Which is mainly if you have no kids. But it's still cheaper with a family. Management is ok. Hard to get promoted though.

What is the best part of working at the company?Everyone here are helpful and friendly. Good pay and benefits too.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The floor I'm in is always busy and there are some days when you feel really exhausted.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It is a fast paced work environment and generally, the customers that we serve are very understanding.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy and it can be physically draining at times.

Great benefits

Worked here for about 6 months. The hours were standard, pay was well, and my colleagues were all friendly and accommodating. Got up to speed in a short amount of time.

poor strict micro managing management

hated the managers, they wont ever let you do your thing without micro managing tf out of you. Shady co workers looking to stab you in the back just to suck up to managers. kaiser expects you to be a robot and work your but off without taking a second to breathe

Pros

good benefits

Cons

shady coworkers, toxic enviroment

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits and company What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No stress What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very diverse

Expansion for growth

Kaiser gives you opportunity to grow within the company, together with the education fund they help us get a better education and we get reimbursed for it, education that we can latter implement in our everyday jobs, giving us a chance for a better higher position/career.

Great benefits

Working is Kaiser has its ups and down, as with any other hospitals. However, working in Kaiser allowed me to pursue my Masters. They have great benefits especially related to continuing education.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

has a lot of protocols

Stressful place to work

Worse place to work. No teamwork, perpetually understaffed. Almost everybody was new, you are always unsure where to get help. No support from management whatsoever.

Great Work Place

KAISER provides advancement and is a great place to work. The hardest part is getting through the assessment during the hiring process. If hired you'll make Kaiser your permanent place of work.

Awesome

Very awesome place to work! Nice atmosphere, people take pride in their work, friendly work campus, and great pay as well. If you haven’t apply, I suggest you do.

Multitasking

You will learn how to multitask, and use your time efficiently. If you don't like your position, then know that there are so many other medical position to try out in order to find your happy place. Kaiser is a great company to work for with many areas to try to find your happiness in.

Pros

The pay is great, the willingness to train you to become a stronger nurse is always available

Cons

Many jobs required in small time slots, that can be overwhelming at times

What is the best part of working at the company?People are nice and helpfulWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?When there is a epidemic and cold weather when too many people are sicked.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?People are nice and professionalsWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?During appreciation week and holiday workday

What is the best part of working at the company?Patient ‘care’. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Attitude from co-workers who don’t really like their jobs. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?If you love your job but others don’t, you can become a target. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy! Which I love! No day is the same!

Overworked, Understaffed

I worked at Kaiser for about 8 months and was truly disappointed in the way things were ran. The supervisors showed favoritism and tried to use scare tactics to try to make you feel like your job was at risk if you needed time off. I was in internal medicine then transferred to another department just to receive the same treatment. I always dreamed of finally getting into Kaiser just for my experience to turn out terrible.

Stress free

Relatively low stress job, the workload isn’t as bad as other facilities. There isn’t really any room to learn new things and practice skills, it’s repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Kaiser Permanente with

Studying at Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health Sciences

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews
  • Kaiser Permanente