Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Found 8,298 reviews matching the search See all 8,341 reviews
Kaiser Permanente is a great place to work. Faced paced, but great teamwork and one can learn alot.
Triage & Crisis Call Center (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 12, 2018
Most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge of working in fast paced environment and will challenging situations that require quick thinking. The pace of job made the day go quickly. Sometimes there are disagreements among staff, but management was great about resolving issues. Benefits and pay are very competitive. Great compensation for continuing education.
Pros
Challenging job, great learning
Cons
Not enough staff
Temporary Work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WADecember 12, 2018
I was only a temporary employee. Pay was minimal, training was rushed and you had to use a messaging system to ask questions, while on a call and needing an answer immediately, this was not an effective process in my opinion.
long term
CLINICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 12, 2018
A permanent position with the ability to provide for family. Union is based on likeability and not rules. If needed will not protect you from their own or others harassing behaviors.
Great opportunities to advance
CLAIMS PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 11, 2018
Ever since I have been employed with this company I have nothing but great things to say. People are always willing to lend a helping hand and there are chances to advance your career. Extremely thankful for every opportunity that I have been given.
Pros
V-5 program
Outpatient Pharmacist
Outpatient Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WA 98506December 11, 2018
I enjoyed working as an outpatient pharmacist at Kaiser Permanente. Able to utilize clinical skills and work alongside other healthcare professionals.
n/a
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 11, 2018
• Provide technical expertise relative to supply and/or property management, e.g., coordinating material support for new or unusual depot overhaul programs, determining capability to overcome or correct systemic errors, advising subordinates on accountability requirements.
• Review and analyze stock level statistics to identify items that are in excess of requirements; provide advice and guidance concerning disposition of excess stock; determines cause for excess condition (e.g., changes in requirements); and initiates remedial actions.
• Conduct studies on procedures, methods, and work requirements to evaluate need for changes to policies, methods, and/or work operations and documents findings and details alternatives
• Plan and conduct periodic inventories of items; investigates inventory shortages; and provides results of findings. Plan and manage assigned activities with responsibility for the receipt, storage, accountability, and shipment of general materials/supplies and assets.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay, management
Always felt I had a balanced enjoyable experience
Sterile Processing Technician ll (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 11, 2018
Information, community, involvement
Always felt like I scored big when working for Kaiser.
I felt stable because Employees were cared for and it had a huge impact on how I felt coming to work, it was a great feeling. Continuing education, current events were talked about. I was allowed to explore my interests in healthy activities that took place on campus. Farmers markets were conveniently located on hospital property. Diversity was a comfortable subject and respected.
Pros
Holiday pay, great benefits, union contracted
Cons
No cons
Stressful but tolerable
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 10, 2018
Stressful but tolerable environment. IT Decisions were often made by non-IT upper management resulting in changes that were not good for the company nor the employees. Example, Storage media Drives (shipped to our building by mistake and never opened from original box, never entering a computer room) still had to be sanitized and therefor paid for because management did not comprehend that unopened media had no chance of containing data.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
too much stress for a health case company.
Good place to work and good experience
Outpatient Utilization Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 10, 2018
I enjoy working for Kaiser for the experience and the growth that I have experienced during my time with the company. I have been looking to move into a promoted role such as project manager, assistant manager of one of the medical office buildings with the objective to continue learning and growing with the company.
Great Company Mission-
LPN (Former Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 10, 2018
Great company mission with management that misses the mark. Kaiser has a long history of keeping bad managers and shuffling them through their system. Work culture is antagonist in most locations.
Started out great but quickly went down hill
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 10, 2018
I've always loved loved working for Kaiser until middle of 2018 when the interim president started. He laid off a bunch of people without notice, then expected those left to just figure out the work they left behind.
Managers not well regulated
Clinicain II (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 10, 2018
Too little oversight on Human Resources side to oversee the manager's behavior. They seem too well shielded for their poor behavior and not accountable to make changes.
Great place to work and further your career
Appointment Clerk II / KP Riverside Call Center (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 10, 2018
I loved working for the Kaiser Permanente Call Center as an Appointment Clerk and being able to assist member with scheduling their appointments-either with their Primary Health Doctor or any other Specialty Physician. Kaiser Permanente also offers competitive pay and they also offer an amazing 401k retirement plan. It is a great and positive work environment among associates. however, management can always improve in some areas.
Opportunity to provide excellent care.
Certified Nurse Midwife (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 10, 2018
Department Provides appropriate support to achieve this goal. Monthly educational meetings address pertinent topics and review acceptable actions to achieve this goal.
Pros
Designated medical assistance
Cons
Long hours, lots of charting
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 10, 2018
Reviewed customer service reports. Gave feedback to front line staff.
Manage 16+ Telephone Service Representatives in servicing Kaiser appointments between members and physicians in a Labor Management Partnership environment. Monitor TSR’s performance and quality of service. Partner with Advice RN Managers, Quality and Training departments.
Hospital care
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 9, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time working at Kaiser Permanente. I was working there for an internship through my high school. I am going to school to be an anesthesiologist , so this gave me an inside look at the hospital as a work place.
Work enviroment
Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2018
Management doesn't know anything. The people there are nice but depending on your department, if you know more knowledgeable they will feel as if you're trying to take their job. They mainly go through an agency to find their employees. Don't leave your job to work for a temp agency because you may not be hired as a FTE with Kaiser. Way too much competition rather than working as a team. Some tend to move up the ladder by who they know rather than by skill and qualification.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, location
Great working environment with great co-workers
Medical Assistant, Claims Processor I & II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92120December 8, 2018
I worked at Kaiser for more than 10 years and it was the best working experience I've had by far. I had the opportunity to grow in my career and experienced job advancement during my time there. A great environment with co-workers and management. Benefits were amazing! I highly recommend Kaiser Permanente as a workplace for anybody who would be interested in advancing their career. I had to quit since I was moving out of state.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Co-workers and Advancement
Cons
It was difficult to get in to Kaiser
Not the best or worst place to work
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 8, 2018
Not the best or worst place to work. Management needs more guidance and mentoring from their leaders. Change at the top needs to occur! Integrated health plan is awesome - one stop medical visit.
Goog place to work
Project Manager- CDTS (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 7, 2018
OK to work here but I am a contractor. So I don't know about the benefits package or salary or how management treats full-time employees. Not sure about annual reviews either.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
54.3K
42.3K
31.1K

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

91%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss