Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Member Services Representative

Found 75 reviews matching the search See all 9,333 reviews
Besides management, great place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDJune 29, 2019
Management is great if you get someone who knows what they are doing, if you’re unlucky to get someone that’s need to managing than you’re screwed. Great pay, great benefits, great insurance. The job is as hard as you make it.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Best temp job ever!
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 26, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Kaiser Permanente call center in Silver Spring, Maryland. I was trained by an awesome training manager. I wish I could have stayed longer.
Better than the rest
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 28, 2019
Kaiser Permanente is an awesome place to work. I have only worked in the member services contact center in Denver CO so can't speak about other departments. The pay is awesome compared to the competitors like other insurance companies and or medical facilities. The people I worked with were awesome and all seem to mostly be on the same team.

The only issue I had was that it is very hard to move up or out of the call center into any other job like billing or claims. The turn over is pretty low in the other departments but also it is hard to gain the skills they insist applicants have to even qualify for the jobs.
Pros
Pay is good, benefits are very good and the co workers are nice.
Cons
Advancement can be slow and so you can feel stuck in the job you have with Kaiser.
Was great 5 years ago
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDMay 16, 2019
Nothing was ever good enough for Kaiser, I worked in the Mid-Atlantic region where we were forced to take 2 regions when every other region only took one so we were overworked for the most part. Overworked leads to more sick days, mental health deterioration, and overall discomfort. No one cared, no one cares. You will feel trapped because the pay is excellent but in the end your health should matter most
Pros
Occasional lunches and extra-curricular activities
Cons
Management, Management...oh and management
Professional environment
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDMay 12, 2019
Great Place to work and benefits are superior. Thriving Health Plan Company and membership is growing daily. I was able to learn many skillsets, New accounts, Billing, Medicare, Medicaid, Patient Financial Services, and Claims.
Great company
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 26, 2019
Amazing company , great pay for the job, free health insurance, low copayments, they paid for my college 100% I received my associates degree thanks to kaisers benefits.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Hard to move up
Great Pay / Terrible Management
Member Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Kaiser treats their employees well by paying them well and offering great benefits, however the management is not the best and they are very snotty when they get into a higher position. There is a lot of favoritism but more so negativity is bad.
Good pqy , great benifits
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 8, 2019
I loved when I was able to put a patient at ease when they were facing major illness and were concerned about finances.
Management was haphazard at best.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
lots of favoritism and nepotism
Kaiser treats temps terribly
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 3, 2018
This is a pretty standard call center job. The call center itself is very nice, having been recently completely remodeled. Management is standoffish and uncommunicative. No potential for advancement until you've been there about 3 years. As a temp, you are jerked around until you are let go without notice or reason, and without attempts by management to improve performance.
Pros
excellent facilities, friendly people, free lunch approx. every other month
Cons
no time off, no sick days, no vacation
stressful but great people to work with
member services (Former Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 13, 2018
Call center work that focuses on health care

teaches billing and medical plans

decent management, relatively new people

great coworkers

decent paid holidays
Great Place to work.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed my job there. They take care of their employees. They were always doing something special to make you feel like to were apart of the family.
Customer Service representative
Member Services Associate 1 (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
I worked in the customer service dept. during open enrollment period verifying members benefits with it's members transferring calls to the appointment desk when needed.
Fast paced and high volume
Case Manager/Member Services (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 23, 2018
It was a very fast paced environment where you had to really prioritize your work and make sure tasks were being done in a timely matter since each case was time sensitive and had a deadline.
Free Health Benefits 1st day of employment
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80230October 22, 2018
Do not work in Member Services you will never be able to move to another department. There are so many employees that want to transfer out and they were not able to. They are all qualified. You will receive a response stating someone with more seniority got the position.
Pros
Free Benefits
Cons
Unable to choose a schedule. You will get whatever is left.
Constant change in policies.
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDOctober 9, 2018
Attendance, Skill Set Structure liable to change at any moment with very short notice. Incompetent supervisors. Training and refresher courses are limited.
I enjoyed working at Kaiser Permanente.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 20, 2018
It was not easy being hired into Kaiser Permanente. Everyone wants to work there due to the benefits and salary they offer. I was grateful to be hired there. It was not an easy job. I worked in the call center for a number of years. You have to be fast and a quick learner. You must also take a number of calls per day and keep your average handling time at a certain level. There is a lot one will need to deal with including the attitudes of members, brokers, providers, and businesses. You also need to have a calm attitude and be able to handle difficult issues at times from members you speak with by phone. But all in all, the pay was awesome and the benefits helped me and my family through a few medical issues that we had to deal with over the years.
It was a hard job for me and I needed something less stressful so I accepted another job with less pay. But I have nothing bad to say about Kaiser. If you have the positive attitude, patience, and calmness for this type of work, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Great pay, excellent benefits, bonuses.
Cons
Short lunches, stressful, must have a lot of patience.
member services Rep
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 12, 2018
I took calls from members concerning there benefits, I handled anywhere from 50-80 daily during open enrollment it was even more. calls was very lengthy sometimes.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good working environment
Member Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDSeptember 5, 2018
Decent hours. Inconsistent management. Co-workers very nice and hard-working. The management team didn't always give the best instructions on different assignments.
Pros
decent work hrs
Cons
inconsistent management team
good place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDJuly 17, 2018
great benefits, i had a good manager, was willing to help me improve on my calls, as this was a call center. working hours were 12:30p to 9p, only was to get a shift change was through a shift bid, has a union and that was based on seniority.
Productive workplace
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 29, 2018
Productive place to work but I am no longer with the company but when I was there it was a good environment and the people were nice and they did a lot of company activities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
54.7K
42.6K
31.3K

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

70%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

66%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss