Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

United States12,151 reviews

Found 12,151 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,201 reviews
permanentekppatientunionbenefitmedicalnursehealth

You work hard, but it’s worth it

Featured review

Kaiser Permanente selected this as a representative review
Work-life balanceWork life balance isn’t too badPay & benefitsExcellent pay and excellent benefitsJob security and advancementJob security is great and my manager supported me going to school. But I’ve heard in other departments that it’s difficult to findOverallYou work hard, yes. Is it worth it? 100% I loved working here!!! I had to leave due to school but I highly recommend kaiser to anyone! I hope to be hired again once I graduate with my RN. Excellent pay(35/hr for LVN which is unheard of) Excellent benefits( did I mention they’re FREE)I love kaiser. People talk badly about the work environment here but I have never had an issue

Great company, great opportunities

Fair pay, good benefits, open to helping further career with school and schedule. Definitely one of the better healthcare companies to work for out there

Kaiser Permanente insights

Based on 4,514 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Excellent work culture where everyone is very respectful and helpful

I enjoyed working there doing PC refresh as a contractor. Everyone is very helpful, and you learn many new techniques and tools working in IT. Great place to work for.

Understaffed.

Formerly great work environment replaced with a manager heavy and worker poor environment. Wages are good, benefits are good but the culture is narrowminded and exclusive. A fast food style approach to healthcare that tries it's best to NOT treat their patients to save money for a bloated top end.

The flexibility of scheduling if needed and I had the best co workers.

My work family became like my birth family. I loved working at Kaiser especially when I switched to over nights and graves. Yes, it was hard but nothing in comparison to the back to back calls we would endure working core hours between 7-5. Though I often miss working for Kaiser, it was time for me to move on. If you are ever blessed to work for Kaiser, don’t take it for granted.

Just working for Kaiser was a great blessing it gave me value opportunity and a part of belonging to a well love environment,

I had three positions while employee with Kaiser 'my day was always a day of wanting to be at work because my co-workers were my family on and off the job and the patience were like family too. I really wish I could work for them again .I left in good standards not sure why Kaiser hasn't accept my application, but since I left Kaiser I haven't been happy to work for anyone else.

Decent pay but what comes with it ..... not worth it!

The start pay depending on your experience is pretty fair and if you decide to stay for a year, you can get a raise. However, don't get sick or anything before that year is up because you are on your own. They expect for you to plan your sick time, as if life doesn't happen. For example, if you have a health condition you will get written up for taken unscheduled sick leave. I value my health and time with my family too much to stay here. There is never appointments available for members and that makes the job almost unbearable at times, trying to explain to the the member why there are no appointments when they are extremely sick and need to be seen. It's horrible!

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Constant change with minimal training, Can't take off to manage your own health, Constantly getting in trouble for things you did to help the member

Love Kaiser

I miss working here . Sadly I had to relocate for cost of living. Great training. My role was non clinical. The benefits and pay are awesome. Great relation ships with coworkers and union stewards and clinical staff.

Chaotic, stressful and short staffed

I really wanted to be in the unit long term, but between the culture, amount of work, short PCTs always was not worth the higher pay. I am not sure why we are expected to be ok with it and most comes from the other staff, management has been ok.

Excellent pay and benefits were terrific. If you are stuck with a rotten manager, work is unbearable. Work hours have zero flexibility.

On the upside, the pay and benefits are fantastic. There really is not any other company in Denver that pays nurses so well, and the benefits are top-notch. That being said,some downsides are that there is little room for being an individual, standing out, or voicing concerns/questions/recommendations. I had a couple of Horrible managers, and then a few good ones. That makes all the difference. It is also quite a political type of organization; it's all about Who you Know and not so much about What you know. Many of the "old-timers" hang onto their jobs for dear life...not because they love it so much; it's because they cannot bear to part with the benefits. Generous Holidays and PTO...but again, you need to "wait your turn"...which could take many years...in order to get to the top of the list for bidding certain chunks of time to actually use that PTO when you want. The smaller the department, the more of an issue this is. I worked in two small departments over my seven year work history here, and became worn-down over work politics and the inflexibility of the work hours.

Pros

Free comprehensive health care for immediate family, Fantastic pay, Prestige in the name itself, Unionized, unless you are PRN or On Call.

Cons

Little tolerance for independent thinkers or innovators, If you get stuck with a mean manager, your best hope is that they will soon be moving on, or you can bid to another department (and hope that manager is better, not worse) They are now trying for all workers to be Full Time, so PRN or on-call work is not such a great deal, unless you can stick it out until offered full-time with benefits

Can be fun

Good benefits can be difficult but you have to make any job a good place to be everyday you get what you put in you can learn a lot because you can float from department to department

Pros

Benefits for whole family free

Cons

Some managers are not understanding but I had the honor of working with one of the best managers

Not A Good Place to work

Cliques form their management teams. Management Missing in Action.....Can not get a day off from work; not an environment for professionals; micro management of your every move. No work life balance, Bullying atmosphere.

No management support or training

This company has daily changes to tasks and job requirements but seldom trains staff for the changes. There are multitude of emails that are sent all day with changes yet there is not a moment free to read emails and adjust to these changes.

Pros

Benefits, remote opportunity

Cons

lack of guidance, training and support

Blood, sweat and tears all in the name of healthcare

Sadly, patients and staff suffer from the impact of health care greed. Mental health follow up appointments can be up to 6 weeks out. There are no breaks. Cutting corners to fit more patients in is clinically irresponsible and could be lethal.

Pros

Camaraderie among staff

Cons

No breaks, back to back patients with no real ability to address individual needs

Excellent pay , good life/work balance

Great organization to work for and utilize my skills. I have good work/life balance. The organization offers a lot of resources. In addition, lots of trainings and mentoring .

Great Pay, Stressful Environment

Pay and benefits are great. Vacation and sick time are generous. Stressful fast paced micromanaged work environment. Everything is seniority based. Difficult to advance.

Family work environment

Loved the surgeons And my co-workers. No one has any say so…. Unless you climb the ladder of admins. Never enough staff so they make us float to cover other departments.

Wonderful company, wonderful corporate culture, great co workers.

I worked for about 1.5 years at Kaiser Permanente Urgent Care in Silverdale, WA. I've been an RN for 10 years and it was honestly the best job I've ever had. Really well staffed, wonderful co workers, providers were really nice to work with. Great corporate culture. My managers were present very responsive to my concerns or questions. I was very sad to leave. We moved to Idaho for family reasons. I would definitely go back again if the opportunity ever arises.

Pros

Great co workers and management.

Cons

Long commute

Cool

Its ok if u like to be yelled at lol and belittle over the phone. They have unrealistic expectations as well . Good pay but not worth it mentally. 6 month long training where u can’t eventake off at all

The benefits

Most jobs are represented by the Union. You are required to pay dues biweekly even if you never use them. You can be an excellent worker but it’s the employees who miss work or don’t work that are protected and your made to carry the bad ones because the job of the union is to keep everyone employed. You are not appreciated for perfect attendance nor even if your outstanding. This is a fact.

Great company if you want to take 100 calls a day everyday speaking about death/illness to birth/happiness

Very stressful job, worked in call centers for years and this is by far the most calls I have ever taken. They pay good for a customer service job but not enough for the amount of calls. Calls are back to back at all times throughout the year not just open enrollment, there is no wrap time, as soon as the call ends, the next call is there. Kaiser made me never want to take calls again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

68%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

66%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss