Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Found 249 reviews matching the search See all 7,968 reviews
Great Preventative healthcare
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2018
Great pay and benefits. they are second to none in affordavility. I have norhing else to say it is a vreat place to work
a lot of learning opportunities are available to all.
Pros
pay
Cons
Too many levels of leaderahip
excellance place to work.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2018
Greeting customers, answer office phone, reconcile invoices, attend various meetings. Order supplies, manage the front desk. Review documents and materials prepared by others for manager's signature.
Emergency care management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2018
The past 15 years at Kaiser has been great. A wonderful provider of medical care. Well organized and truly cares for members and employees.
Only reason I am seeking employment elsewhere is that I wish to relocate to southern Georgia. Kaiser will not allow relocation
Pros
Telecommuting for 12 years
Cons
Won’t allow relocation
Great environment
Security System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work if you are an FTE. The people are very helpful and it's not hard to find help if you need it. But to prepared to be in a lot of meetings with people in other time zones.
Productive and fun workplace with Ping Pong Table
Help Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with Ping Pong Table, Internal Help Desk support, assisting with a broad range of Application oriented issues. Good Company with relaxed work environment
What I learned
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2018
This was a great company to work for the management when I was there were into clicks and that was not what I was there for I was there to work. The pay is great I lefted to move ahead but going to Anthem I was underpaid when I compare the two companies.
Pros
Great Perks
Cons
Short breaks and no work at home options
The best place I’ve ever worked with a solid mission, vision and values
Director, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
During my 16 years at Kaiser Permanente, I was afforded the opportunity to advance within the company five times. They promote from within, give you the opportunities necessary to learn, grow and promote within the organization.
Pros
Well run organization from the CEO down, fantastic people working for the organization and fantastic numbers
Cons
Downsizing that took place in 2016
So far okay place to work
Executive Vice President and Advisor HROM (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2018
Too early to tell all. So far I have been able to push the HROM agenda narrative and agenda that I have created.

I am working at one acceleration site and have had some limited success so far. We will need to step it up in the next couple of months in order to accommodate all of the changes necessary.

Their management culture is way too reliant on update meetings at the executive level. This is indicative of organizations that don't yet totally trust their employees.
Kaiser
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2018
Had a bad experience working here and this was the one job I have not enjoyed. Management could be improved, work environment could be improved, and compensation could be improved.
Pros
Training
Great people, awesome benefits
Kaiser Permanente Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
kaiser truly cares for its employees which is clearly evident in benefits offered and the bonuses handed out. The people also make the company a great place to work and thrive.
Productuve
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
Traveling to various locations troubleshooting IT issues. Independent working environment, meeting new people and collaborating with co workers on difficult IT related issues (ie upgrade of workstations).
Great internship experience
Health Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2018
As an intern, I didn't receive benefits or have job security since it was an internship. Other than that, I had a great time working with Workforce Health and Health Education as a Health Communications intern. Very friendly work culture.
Fun place to work!
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2018
This is hands down the best department to work! Aside from absent processes and workflows to aid in seamless transitions, the wealth of knowledge is immeasurable - it's just housed in everyone's head.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
No documented processes and workflows
Rewarding place to work as a trailblazer in health care
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2018
Kaiser Permanente is a great place to work if you're solution oriented and willing to function in a learn-as-you-go environment. Although Kaiser Permanente is not a technology company, its dated and absent of efficient processes and workflows
Benefits
Cons
Retroactive v Proactive
Making appointments for members
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2018
Sometimes stressful, sometime not. Management was okay. Like helping members get the appointment that they were looking for. That was very satisfying to me.
Great place to learn
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2018
Great learning environment. Met great people while working for company. Leaders did not listen to feedback from the staff who did the job(s) everyday. Stressful environment at times.
KP has great benefits, but still leaves a lot to be desired pertaining to mgmt.
Configuration Analyst - Benefits Data Validation (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2018
Unfortunately, KP has a lot of ppl in positions they are not qualified for and even though Mmgt is aware of this, the majority of the time nothing is done about it because there is a lot of favoritism. Those who have been with the company for a long time receives a pass, even when it's known they aren't performing at their appropriate level. Also, the communication in this company across ALL departments and levels needs improving.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of communication
Call Center Advice Nurse for Kaiser Permanente
Call Center Advice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2018
I worked as a call center advice nurse for Kaiser Permanente after I was laid off from GMC and thought this would be a new learning experience for me. Believe me it was, very fast paced taking phone calls for Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and OB/GYN calls. We had to meet a targeted time for each call and how long each call held before it was answered and that was stressful. We also schedule appointments and sent drug refill messages to their provider and would f/u on request the pt. had for any type of testing.
Pros
Great competitive pay based on your years of experience.
Cons
Constant turn over in the call center. Very stressful to keep trained staff.
Excellent product training.
Small Group Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time at KP, they gave me all the necessary tools for advancement and growth, from Customer Service to Sales and Marketing. Overall a fun work place.
Productive work place and number one HMO in the South.
Member Services Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2018
Created training materials and assisted with implementation of new policies and assisted with system changes. Worked with a team to provide 8 week training program for Claims/Customer Service. Some travel involved, Kaiser Permanente has 14 facilities and many times assisted with training Call Center nurses when system changes where needed. Reported to the Manager of Member Services and worked with Supervisors to provide a productive training program. The workplace culture was excellent provided support to the department and received excellent support from upper management and peers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the completion of the 8 week program and watching new hires move on to the next level. There was not a hard part because we worked and collaborated together for success.
Pros
Collaborating with other departments to create a good training program
Cons
loved benefits but no 401k there was a 403b instead

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
54.1K
42.2K
31.1K

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

91%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss