Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Found 262 reviews matching the search See all 8,347 reviews
Work enviroment
Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2018
Management doesn't know anything. The people there are nice but depending on your department, if you know more knowledgeable they will feel as if you're trying to take their job. They mainly go through an agency to find their employees. Don't leave your job to work for a temp agency because you may not be hired as a FTE with Kaiser. Way too much competition rather than working as a team. Some tend to move up the ladder by who they know rather than by skill and qualification.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, location
Kaiser has helped me to grow as an RN and learn many new skills. Thankful for this opportunity.
Telephonic Inpatient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2018
Kaiser’s typical day, in my dept, has gotten extremely stressful. Deadlines and compliance’s placed on myself and my coworkers are unrealistic at this time. Do not have enough staff to accomplish the daily needs of the business. Therefore, this places undue stress on me and all my coworkers. Work overtime at least 3 out of 5 days per week. The one thing about my job that is good is that I have a great rapport with my coworkers and mgt.
Good job, hated management
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2018
I enjoyed the work at Kaiser. The management wasn't very good. They promoted from a class of no nothing people. The pay at Kaiser was the only bright part of the job.
Customer Service representative
Member Services Associate 1 (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
I worked in the customer service dept. during open enrollment period verifying members benefits with it's members transferring calls to the appointment desk when needed.
They need more opportunities for growth
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2018
Kaiser is a patient oriented environment. They do need more opportunities for growth. The organization could also consider classes for certifications, such as. ACLS, PALS, etc.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Need Cafeterias at the Modules
Productive and fun place to work
Executive Assistant to the Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2018
A typical day at work is usually very productive. Keeping the office up and running, making sure management has what they need to make their day a little easier. The workplace culture is really low key and laid back. The hardest part of the job is getting through traffic and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with such an awesome team of people.
Pros
Working with a great team of people
Cons
Distance from home to work ...traffic
fast paced but well trained staff. Great supervising physician
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2018
This was one of my first jobs as a PA and it was a great experience. The company was well run with well trained staff and organized. Usually enjoyed going to work every day
PRN pharmacy tech experience
Call Center Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2018
they hire too many people. yes i make $20/hr but i barely get any hours. pharmacy system is complicated and they are big on speed. Your timed on EVERYTHING you do.
Pros
great pay, 1 hour lunch break, flexibility
Cons
not enough hours
Meetings and more meetings
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2018
Most days were pretty good. Lots of work, lots of solutions. Lots of help if you needed it. Weekly meetings that test your ability to stay awake. Free hand at designing new solutions.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits
Cons
Not loyal to programmers
very productive workplace
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2018
● Providing daily leadership for agents to ensure business needs are met.
● Supervising a staff of 15- 20 agents.
● Providing coaching for performance improvement, training, and development.
● Monitoring performance, and schedules using the Aspect, and CC Pulse system.
● Auditing calls in the Nice system, and giving feedback to agents.
● Working with the Leadership Team to identify process and training needs to achieve improved accurate and efficient call quality.
● Monitoring payroll to stay in compliance with budget guidelines.
● Making sure agents are in compliance with Kaisers KPI (Key Point Indicators) to measure performance and the success of the business
Busy and Overworked
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2018
Great Company and nice people but you are overworked. They encourage you to ask questions and ask for any assistance. But when you ask for help for a day or two to catch up in a meeting or on one of the daily conference calls--you may (for half a day) or may not get help or get the were all extremely busy speech then privately you may become scolded on your ticket queue and closing numbers. They are fully aware of your projects and multiple sites you have to support. Yet they still ask you all these questions why you need help or find fault by comparing you to another teammate who does not have the same work load or sites. When applying for available jobs within the organization and speaking with people who could interview you--you have to jump through more hoops even though you have the experience but may not have one thing that can be achieved within a year. Then you find out someone else with less experience was hired and given a chance to obtain the cert needed.

PLUS I know they are not paying me enough.
Pros
Great Company and Nice people
Cons
IT Leadership, job advancement and pay
Work life integration
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2018
Kaiser is a excellent company that allows you Work life Integration that allows personal life and work life balance. Ive learned strong management skills and have experienced enjoyable working moments.
Pros
work life integration
Cons
n/a
Kaiser Permanente
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2018
KP offers free benefits to their full time employees as well as flexible work schedule. They bring employees on as contractors usually before they offer full time employment.
Great Preventative healthcare
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2018
Great pay and benefits. they are second to none in affordavility. I have norhing else to say it is a vreat place to work
a lot of learning opportunities are available to all.
Pros
pay
Cons
Too many levels of leaderahip
excellance place to work.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2018
Greeting customers, answer office phone, reconcile invoices, attend various meetings. Order supplies, manage the front desk. Review documents and materials prepared by others for manager's signature.
Emergency care management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2018
The past 15 years at Kaiser has been great. A wonderful provider of medical care. Well organized and truly cares for members and employees.
Only reason I am seeking employment elsewhere is that I wish to relocate to southern Georgia. Kaiser will not allow relocation
Pros
Telecommuting for 12 years
Cons
Won’t allow relocation
Great environment
Security System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work if you are an FTE. The people are very helpful and it's not hard to find help if you need it. But to prepared to be in a lot of meetings with people in other time zones.
Productive and fun workplace with Ping Pong Table
Help Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with Ping Pong Table, Internal Help Desk support, assisting with a broad range of Application oriented issues. Good Company with relaxed work environment
What I learned
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2018
This was a great company to work for the management when I was there were into clicks and that was not what I was there for I was there to work. The pay is great I lefted to move ahead but going to Anthem I was underpaid when I compare the two companies.
Pros
Great Perks
Cons
Short breaks and no work at home options
The best place I’ve ever worked with a solid mission, vision and values
Director, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
During my 16 years at Kaiser Permanente, I was afforded the opportunity to advance within the company five times. They promote from within, give you the opportunities necessary to learn, grow and promote within the organization.
Pros
Well run organization from the CEO down, fantastic people working for the organization and fantastic numbers
Cons
Downsizing that took place in 2016

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kaiser Permanente.

Powered by Comparably