Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Poor Management
Performance Improvement Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2017
Management lacks experience and have no idea of company's mission. This is the only job I have had that has a union and I have had to use the Union many times.
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30305November 27, 2017
If I could continue to work for Kaiser Permanente I would. I have worked with the company for over seven years and have truly experienced a well balanced work and life. i have been supported in furthering my education, but with some difficulty advancing to where I would like to be.
Lpn
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 26, 2017
Nurses offices are run like a customer service call center. The nurse is monitored for how long a patient waits in the waiting room (MUST be less than 10 minutes). Our "score" gets dinged if the time is over that, if we don't click on certain things.
Very Nice place to work
Intake Coordinator/Consultant - QRM (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2017
I process faxes that come through our Right fax system. I make calls to providers when need. Train new employees and take on other duties to help my Manager. It is a very diverse place to work. I enjoy coming here because my co workers are fun to be around.
very well known company
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2017
company pay their employees well. The salary is based on education and experience. Excellent benefits. You have options to work in several states that this company is located in.
Cons
I was given good performance reviews from the Manager of the Department.
General Surgery Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Piedmont Hospital Atl Southwood Medical Center GANovember 16, 2017
90% of my daily routine on the phone contacting patients to discuss the scheduling dates wanted by the members, reviewing the Doctors availability to perform the procedure on his or her surgery days contacting the Hospital or outpatient surgery facility to schedule the surgery, as well as gathering any test results for review by the Surgeon.

Kaiser is a diverse company where the managers are available , if needed.

The hardest part of my job was making sure the schedules were coordinated in a timely fashion and each surgery scheduled followed each other assuring the Doctors time was used efficiently.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the phone calls I got from members thanking me for getting them the dates that were requested or getting as close to the dates they preferred when I scheduled their elective surgeries.
Pros
Mandatory meetings when scheduled, lunches were provided.
Cons
If a break was needed I could take a fifteen minute break
Worst management in 25 years of pharmacy
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2017
I managed one of their Atlanta facilities. I had the highest OTC sales in the region and was one of their top 5 most productive pharmacists by their metrics of script volume. Managers (non-union) are paid around $12,000 less than a staff (union) pharmacist. Upper management was critical and un-supportive. Union employees have rights and representation and facility managers are beat down and worked to burn out. Upper pharmacy management at KP is incompetent and unappreciative of their facility managers. They are clueless as to the operation of the facility pharmacy and often pharmacy law. They wanted us to fill 7 day C-2 emergency prescriptions as a customer service initiative to tide the patient over until a legal prescription could provided. My facility was extremely busy, high volume, non-stop, phone constantly ringing, every day. I woke up every morning filled with stress at the thought of going to work. The support they send from regional will spend all of their time on email or their electronic devices. I still remember vividly completing a day of work around Christmas time, closing the windows, and standing in a daze of absolute exhaustion for a couple of minutes, then looking down to see one of my technicians curled up on the ground in the fetal position because of the absolute stress we endured on that particular day. Upper management was unappreciative and even critical that we could have provided better customer service toward the non-stop phone despite the fact that we were dealing with constant long lines of people at the window.
Cons
Lack of genuine appreciation, hypocritical management style
medical setting
SURGERY SCHEDULING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2017
Great company enjoy the job, the benefits are great, potential growth. Opportunity to relocate. Regular bonuses, union reps, great incentives. Job security
Good place to work and receive care
Diagnostic Imaging Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2017
KP was a great place to work (had to relocate). There were many projects to be involved in and the ability to learn a lot about healthcare. I had a great manager and co-workers.
Only a 6 month contract
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2017
Don't know what I can say other that it was a 6 month contract and it was pretty good. People seemed to know what they were doing and management didn't micromanage their people. The pay was competitive, as a contractor at least. I will say they are very driven. When they have a project, they focus intensely on it, so when they set their mind to do something, they usually succeed, unlike some of the IT projects I've worked on at other places which may kind of get started then lose steam.
Pros
Good management
Cons
None I can think of
Kaiser Permanente is a very large organization
EMR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed some of the work. I was recruited by Kaiser to help them build their EMR software for their clinics in Georgia. I was the only nurse on the team. I learned after working at Kaiser that they were not prepared to utilize the knowledge as a nurseI brought to my position. For that reason, I found the position to be unsatisfactory and resigned.
excellent company to work for-
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
Kaiser was an excellent company to work for; I only left because I relocated back to NC after my husband had passed.
The teams and management were awesome to be a part of.
Pros
stood by me thru all. great opportunities and team. great
Cons
i do not recall any-
Excellent Work Place, Supervisor and Staff - Committed to Excellent Service
Certified Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2017
Excellent Work Place, Supervisor and Staff - Committed to Excellent Service. Follow Evidenced Best Practice. Cultural Sensitivity and Education. I enjoy working here!!
Pros
Excellent Work Place, Supervisor and Staff - Committed to Excellent Service
Excellent company
Supplemental Staff Float Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2017
Best job experience I've ever had. I learned so much from the supervisor. My co-workers were helpful, informative. Not sure I will ever find a place like it in the world. I've had a couple jobs since then and I have not "landed one yet."
Pros
Great all around
Cons
The grass isn't always green
Regulatory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2017
Kaiser is a great place to work, sometimes you will have a manager that is vindictive and will try to get you out of the company. The more you grow the more people will try to push you down.
Pros
great pay
Cons
unqualified managers
Job
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2017
Place of knowledge; training was great; team environment, relaxed but yet by the book; production/quality kind of work; pay was decent; management okay
Excellent Company
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2017
Depends on yourn location. The Regional office was an enjoyable place to work. Employees and certain staff members were very helpful with assisting new employees.
Pros
Being in the Union Depending on your position
Cons
N/a
terrible
Urology Cancer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2017
Terrible place to work. Management was biased. People try to get you in trouble for no reason but jealousy. People backstab you and talk nice in your face. I would never go there again.
okay
Quality Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2017
Kaiser California is excellent place to work and very different than Kaiser Georgia. no work life balance, Leaders in various department do not try and build you up in a professional way. Not good mentors.
Great careers
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2017
Needs more organization. Great group of staff. Very caring environment. Great company to work for, you may be able to have several roles in this career.
Pros
special events
Cons
slow advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2