Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

very rewarding place to work at.
Nursing Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2017
kaiser LAMC is a fast pace hospital. You always have to be on top of your assignment. Everyone tries to be a team payer and help each other. Every day you can learn a new lesson.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
short on staff
Excellent Place to work in USA for long term and even life time
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 9, 2017
They hired me from India in 2000, relocated to USA. Even though salary was less I accepted offer. They did spend a lot of money in relocation, hotel accommodation, car driving lessons, rental assistance, greencard sponsership, 401k, various benefits package. I did not understand all those benefits package as I was new to USA, it was my second job. I worked hard, put more hours as needed, expected one or 2 promotions, quicker greencard. They should have given correct updates regarding Greencard Status. They should not have outsourced to TCS and then slowed our greencard processing. They should have counseled me from doing Full-time MBA (since my greencard did not come after 7 yrs I tried doing Full-Time MBA to get greencard in EB2 category) to do part-time / Executive MBA and when my I140 was approved they should have rehired me back immediately, continued processing my greencard. Once they brought us to USA from India on the promise of greencard, they should have led, mentored me till I get greencard and permanently settled in USA. That was not difficult. Still they can do that.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Good for long term
Cons
Slow Greencard processing, Wrong / Misleading updates regaring Greencard process
Kaiser Permanente
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 9, 2017
Kaiser Permanente still one of the hardest to get into and is still one of the best places to work at given you have good teams and balanced managers.
I work with an amazing team from management to maintenance.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 1, 2017
I love working at kaiser, the people I work with are a phenomenal bunch. We have work/ family culture at our facility. It’s an each one teach one type of environment. Management is there for the staff in a teaching and compassionate manner. I don’t want to leave kaiser but I need to secure a job for when I move
Pros
It’s a winning team.
Cons
It is fast paced and you have to be able to pull your weight
Kaiser company not great but the docs are
Medical Doctor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2017
My time at West LA Kaiser was 3.5 years. The hours were long, the patient load was high and the patient satisfaction scores were brutal to deal with.

I had the utmost respect for my colleagues at Kaiser.
Very Flexible
Monitor Technician USC Keck Medical (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2017
Each employee treated me with care and made my work life balance much easier. Kaiser is a great working environment for any person. They are very diverse which is always a plus.
Good
housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2017
I don't have much to say I like kaiser and never want to leave thee benefits are good but some of there managers are mean especially the kaiser in fontana
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
n/aa
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 22, 2017
fun working environment
good management
quick paced working environment
speed and efficiency is the most difficult part of the environment
learned that quality is imperative
Job Security with lots of benefits
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 22, 2017
An excellent place to work overall. Lots of opportunities for the long run. The only reason I am considering leaving is mainly lack of flexibility in work location (management decisions). Great benefits and decent annual bonuses.
Excellent workplace.
Surgical Technologist / Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2017
Doctors and Nurses are amazing. Different cases are performed daily and well organized place. Best healthcare for anyone to have and helps to know everyone for fast advice.
Pros
Bonus every year
Cons
cafeteria is too expensive.
A good place to work
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2017
I worked in outpatient diagnostics. The volume of patients is no match for Kaiser Permanente. The process is expedient for patients. However, behind the scenes it was rather chaotic. There are too many tiers in management, and several departments with inidividual contributors with different tasks and responsibilities. I had a grievance and did not know who to consult. Kaiser employees take great pride in their job performance and rightfully so. ,
Pros
A learing experience
Cons
too many tiers of management.
Well organized staff with every department
Level ll LVN (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2017
When I joined the staff in 1978, I had no idea I would be there for 32yrs. I was a wonderful place to work. and the benefits were outstanding.Doctor's nurses worked well together along with management and other auxiliary staff
Pros
Educational time off
Cons
Parking
Good
Revenue Cycle Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2017
a very enjoyable place to work for. typical day is busy however management is very supportive and makes the job very great to work for. hoping for better benefits
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2017
i loved working at Kaiser Permanente. Loved being on the phone and listening to their need and helping them out. Try to hear what their needs are and taking care of it.
It was a great but no team players.
Lab Assistant, Phlebotomist, pathology assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2017
Management, employees, and supervisors, did it care about the way the lab was management, it seens that the employees are running the show, just because of what is going on lab employees where doing whatever they want, no team players.
Pros
extra hours, overtime.
Cons
no team players
Very busy place, but I love it.
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2017
A typical day at work is taking incoming calls from other facilities for beds to place patients. It is a very busy facility but I love what I do. I've learned that patience is a virtue, and I enjoy working with the people that I work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is making someone smile, whether it be a patient or one of my peers.
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
short lunches
Great place to be employed
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2017
Start on day, clocked in the system to await a page to transport a patient to a designate location X-ray, Surgery, Dialysis or the morgue. I excelled in customer service provided a friendly professional demeanor to all patients, staff and management.
Pros
Great place to be employed
Cons
I have no con regarding my previous employer
challenge
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2017
very friendly team and system, but working at night shift was very challenging for me. I couldnt adopt to the shift. But I learned a lot from this hospital and I really like to work for them as an pharmacist
Excellent secure job with great benefits
Ward Clerk Transcriber (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2017
Can be very fast paced in emergency room but great career starter. they are very flexible if you are trying to go back to school and they also help pay for going back to school costs.
Love helping my patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2017
I miss working for Kaiser when I was first employed with this corporation I was in their float pool. So I would go to various departments. It was so much fun and I gain so much knowledge.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2