Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Found 386 reviews matching the search See all 8,260 reviews
Very micro managed
Patient Financial Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 15, 2018
I loved the work I did, and liked helping Patients, but the way the Supervisor and management chain of command handled things was not in any ones best interest, Employees, Clients, or Patients
Place to work
Project Manager I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2018
The way the Thrive system works here is well balanced with a few work out machines in this building. There are not any other locations that I have seen have these perks.
Pros
Work out machines
Cons
Not enought ime during he day to take advantage.
Progressive company
Research Associate III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2018
High paced and progressive company focusing on member's needs. Great company to work for with excellent benefits. Lots of focused team and individual meetings to meet department & personal goals.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
fast paced
About my job
Respiratory Care Practitioner II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2018
It is a good place to work, great benefits, its a multi teaching facility. I've been working for this company for 18 years. I work well with others and knows the company well.
I had a great experience working in the Critical Care Unit.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2018
I learned something new every time I volunteered at Kaiser Permanente. It was a great experience assisting the nurses and doctors. My duties consisted of clerical duties and assisting the nurses by providing excellent customer service to patients and family. I was in charge of checking important documents of the nurses regarding their job in Kaiser Permanente.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Had to drive for about 30 minutes.
Such a great opportunity !
Summer Youth Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2018
As a summer youth intern I was a able to experience the medical field hands on. It really opened by eyes and was the final push i need to decide the medical field was right for me. It was one of the best opportunities!
Work is hard and fast paced, pay is great. Place for advancement if you have drive.
Cardiac Surgical Unit Step Down Management (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 25, 2018
Each managers manage differently, cultures are different from unit to unit and medical center to medical center. Well paid with awesome full benefits for your immediate family as a full time or part timer.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Fast Paced
Stressful Work Environment
Population Management Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2018
Managers and employees are not familiar with the role of the department. The culture of the workplace was more social and if you don't fit into their social culture they will make you feel inferior.
Productive and fun place to work
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2018
I worked 15 years there. A typical day was busy and yet rewarding. We had huddles which helped us solve any problems that we might come in contact with The most enjoyable part was how me and my coworkers helped each other as a team.
Pros
free lunches, incentives, psp bonus, yearly raises
Worst place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2018
Racial biased company . Do not go there. Filipinos will eat u alive. And the managers sucks. They complain when u arrive only 4 mins late and complain when u leave 5 mins after
just the best. Actually my favorite job to date
RN with numerous subtitles (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2018
I came to Kaiser as a traveler. After my 13 weeks. My manager " wouldnt let me leave". This is when I became very active on all kinds of holistic and quality improvement projects. The hosp is warm, friendly and runs a tightship. We have had more than 2300 days of "never events". The most of any hospin all od CA. Altough there is plenty more to learn and implement, Ive always loved traveling. I am looking for a home base to where I can still travel to learn how to make the hospital a better holistic, quality improvement and cost cutting place to work without sacrificing what the hospital already has in place
Pros
ment, free parking, no monthly insurance deductions. all co-pays and meds are only $5.00 eachc telephone MD appts, Too many pros to list
Cons
missed lunches/breaks
Fast paced, happy and very supportive.
Staff Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2018
Morning starts by checking the quene for IV's, Foley cath, any Ortho cases as they are to be scheduled immediately. Checking the clinician for availability, schedule as many as possible and then contact the HH & Hospice Agencies to pick up all referral in order to have the patient's to be seen same day. Outsourcing referral for timely visits.

I've learned a lot at Kaiser, I learned, how delicate the Hospice and Palliative programs.Focused on being the supportive to the staff and patient(s) and families. Greeting the patient and families with compassion and uplifting spirit.

The hardest part of my job was finding out that I've lost one of the patient(s) that I have engaged in speaking daily or weekly. What I enjoyed most was hearing the patient(s) laugh or express when they are having a bad day and I lifted their spirits.
A very prestigious place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2018
Kaiser is a prestigious place to work and I am so honored to be part of the organization. Coworkers are very helpful. Teamwork is what makes our department going. Respect goes to each other which I like.
Wonderful
Mammography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Good environment and great co workers. Patient care is a priority. Everyone has a good sense of care and compassion needed to help all the members .
Great Benefits...the only reason why people stay...
Nurse Staffing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90034September 11, 2018
Too many chiefs. A lot of micro management & politics.Benefits are great!! This company has evolved into more like a money driven business rather than being a true leader in healthcare...more like what it can gain rather than the commitment to provide excellent service & care.
Benefits
Cons
Too much politics
Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2018
The only issue I have ever had was with a really,really bad manager. Other than that Everything else is fine. Great benefits. Great diverse staff. Great opportunities for advancement.
Summer Intern
Emergency Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2018
As an intern, I had a great time interning here. It introduced me to the field of healthcare and opened up my mind if what I would like to do for a career. Interning at KP has strengthened my skill set and taught me new skills that will be very beneficial in my career. I liked the environment I was around and enjoyed meeting new employees while interning for KP.
Pros
Lunch Discounts
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 1, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for Kaiser. I believe this company looked after the best interest of their employees and patients. I would recommend that any EMT wanting experience in the hospital setting apply for a job a Kaiser.
Pros
Took care of their employees
Great work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2018
Great career opportunities . Great hours. Huge organization. Lots of support. Learned from other employees. Potential career advancments. Union pay raises.
Pros
Union
Cons
Union
Overall professional management
Internal Auditor (contracted) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2018
Management provides instructions, and follow though; provide guidelines to review tasks, and monitoring process

Provided consulting services to include updating Director on weekly progress of Community Benefit programs. Reconciled Community Benefit program to healthcare accounts software PLAR to ONELINK for Northern and Southern California.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
54.2K
42.3K
31.1K

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

91%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss