Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews in Oakland, CA

Found 486 reviews matching the search See all 7,824 reviews
Longetivy
Schedule Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 7, 2018
Do the job you are hired to do. Learn other aspect of the job to be invaluable to the organization. Make sure if you are looking to move up to Management you learn and much as possible. Get to know the movers and shakers, networking is the key to advancement. Obtain a degree for whatever position you are trying to obtain.
Pros
Ability to move up
Cons
Moving up is the game of who you know
Great Place to Work
Lead Project Manager - IT Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 30, 2018
I very much enjoyed working at KP for 16 years. Hardest part was that management reorganized about every 2 to 3 years. Mandates for structured project management methodology would also change based on who was within the leadership.
Pros
Great people work there
Cons
decisions seems to take forever
Good benefits
Executive Assistant/Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 30, 2018
Many opportunities to demonstrate organizational skills and talents. Excellent benefits.
Utilized the existing platforms to provide metrics for analytics
Very well paid;
Marriage and Family Therapist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 26, 2018
Paycheck and benefits are great. Psychotherapists are overworked. Little possibilities of career advancement.
Work environment can be very different depending on the city.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Too many patients in caseload
Lack of leadership support
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 19, 2018
Leadership expects more work from employees with less raises every year. Everything moves slowly due to the size of the company. Hard to get decisions. No budget for education and training. It's mostly who you know rather than what you know to move up.
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
no advancement opportunities; no leadership support.
What I learned
RN (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 15, 2018
Loved my time at KP. Unfortunately KP went through a bad growing season where they implemented a culture of laying off people by calling it "restructuring and hubbing" KP words of One KP and Loyalty were lost to those most loyal that suddenly found themselves without a job. The majority of employees were listed as excellent and exemplary but had too many years of service in. Most left and some found another job within the system for less pay and not utilizing their skills to the fullest potential.
Pros
Free classes
Cons
short or no breaks, layoffs
Positive Review
Sr. eLearning Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 9, 2018
I Developed enterprise-wide eLearning performance support solutions for EPIC processes & workflows. Developed training for 25+ healthcare clinical operations roles that use the EPIC, HealthConnect system.

Managed course migration from an external LMS vendor to internal Saba 6.1 Learning Mgt System.

Created CEU | Continuing Education Units Certification Assessments for healthcare professionals to meet all compliance, and regulatory requirements.

Personal Excellence ‘Innovation Award’, 2012 recipient.
Very good company to work for.
Quality Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 5, 2018
This is my 3-4th IT contract job with Kaiser (have not been offered a fulltime job as yet, but I am hopeful).
I have enjoyed developing robotic applications that processes paper medical claims via electronic processing systems; data analysis and reporting for Quality Outcomes team and TPMG group in Oakland, CA.
Rewarding
Shipping Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 28, 2018
Let me start off with the most enjoyable part of the day which was knowing all of your tasks have been completed for the day and the patients will have their medications, whether its regular or emergency
orders. I've learned to work with other departments to ensure products are being delivered to customers when needed. I enjoy working in a fast pace environment so when products aren't re-stocked, because of not being checked in, and you see it in receiving, it can become very frustrating.
Pros
The pay and knowing your helping people get what they need
Cons
You may not work with people who have good work ethics.
er tech
E.R tech/ C.N.A/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 28, 2018
helping patience in and out the g=hospital checking blood pressure as well ..caring for patience..showing them tender loving care ..making sure there clean in up to date with blood work
Pros
good people
Mission-oriented, good work/life balance
Data Scientist / Senior Programming Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 27, 2018
Pros:
- Great work/life balance.
- Excellent benefits.
- Non-profit fully committed to mission of improving health care.
- Industry leader in electronic health records.

Cons:
- Somewhat lower pay than competitors.
- Slow-moving and bureaucratic.
- Excessive time spent on meetings and conference calls.
Large healthcare system
Senior Vice President for Hospital (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 26, 2018
Worked in a very large healthcare systems with a multi-state footprint. Kaiser Permanente has a rich history in bringing access to the highest quality of healthcare that is affordable to the communities where they have a presence,
Pros
Top reputation for quality
Cons
None really
Wonderful people, but slower-paced work
Contract UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 25, 2018
Everything in life has tradeoffs. Kaiser had the most human-centered, friendly workplace I've experienced with the most awesome people. But being awesome also means that deadlines fall by the wayside, and things don't always get done quickly, or correctly, if at all. I smiled through, and I hope that other people benefitted more from this experience than I did. It certainly seems to be the case because the digital products Kaiser puts out are pretty awesome, and I hear good things about them.
Pros
Great culture, design-focused workplace
Cons
No benefits for contractors, poor office ergonomics
The following errors occurred: Review Summary is required. Your Review is required. Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 12, 2018
The following errors occurred:
Review Summary is required.
Your Review is required.
Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review. s
Excellent overall experience
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CaJune 11, 2018
Kaiser Permanente is an excellent employer, they care deeply about their mission to provide care for over 10M people, and do their best to care for their employees as well.
It was a great learning experience
KP Launch Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 8, 2018
I would report to my boss in the morning where they had several things for me to get through that day. I learned to expand my network and to get things done slow and right rather than fast and missing things. The workplace was a relaxed environment. The hardest part was adjusting because it was my first job. The most enjoyable was the people I networked with.
leader in healthcare.
Adjunct Clinical Professor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 6, 2018
Heavy union community. there are opportunities for growth and a they support educational growth. Cohesive leadership teams who are very supportive of the healthcare team and ancillary staff.
It was a great place to work as far as growth ability, fun and a great learning experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 3, 2018
Going to Kaiser to work was one of the best decisions made in my life. It provided me insurance for my son during his childhood and an abundance of knowledge of work ethic and people. The most enjoyable part of the job for a time was the people and freedom of making decisions to benefit the company.
Loved the Division of Research...TPMG different experience
Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 30, 2018
I truly loved my time at the Division of Research, smart, good people working to understand population health. Though I personally have had solid healthcare for my family, knowing the politics behind the scenes was a bit disturbing. Liked management training opportunities. Not sure about what is called the "labor management partnership" since seemed somewhat adversarial.
Great place to be an Intern
Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 24, 2018
A great organization to be an intern, especially for those fresh out of graduate school. A complex organization to understand at first but great opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

3.5InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight