Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews in Oakland, CA

Found 521 reviews matching the search See all 8,262 reviews
Unprofessional place to work depending on what group you work in
Intermediate Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 18, 2018
KP is easy to work for the work is easy. Accounting is not normal accounting it's more like business cases trying to find money. The people that work there are unprofessional, they are very two faced, and just overall unhappy. Women are definitely treated less than compared to men, HR can not be counted on. If you are lucky to have a great manager you will manage. It's hard to move around unless you know ppl.
Pros
Pay
Cons
attitude, expectations, no work life balance
Review of Kaiser Permanente
EXECUTIVE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 6, 2018
Kaiser Permanente was a good organization to work at. I enjoyed and respected my former colleagues and managers. The works were challenging and interesting. My managers were supportive of my career path and provided the necessary coaching and resources needed to help me grow with the company.

Overall, I was happy working at Kaiser Permanente.
I truly enjoyed working at Kaiser Permanente.
Administrative Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 5, 2018
At Kaiser I worked in a positioned that I felt very confident and comfortable doing! My skills in various Office Administration increased because I was trained in various job duties! The hours were great and the commute was easy.
They've been good to me
Executive Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 4, 2018
I would recommend as a great place to work. Wonderful benefits, community supportive, great co-workers, centrally located. 8-10 hours days, 5 days per week.
Pros
Great people
Cons
not a lot of room for growth upwords
I wish the company practiced what it preached in terms of employee development, which for me and most of my colleagues, was nonexistent!
Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 3, 2018
Terrible employee development -- no coaching or mentorship, very few opportunities for growth, managers are often hired or promoted without any leadership skills.
Could be worse
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 3, 2018
There is lots of nepotism within kaiser. Kaiser can be a great place to work depending on what dept. And who your supervisor/manager are. There's definitely room for growth here at kaiser.
Pros
The pay is great
Cons
It's a cut throat world in hospitals
Storekeeper II (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 2, 2018
Good pay and benefits. But that's why most people work there. If the pay and benefits were not good nobody would want to work there. To many old school employees still thinking its 1985 or 1995 and are fighting for their jobs everyday. Employees spend most of there days hiding and doing little as possible till some with authority tells them to go do something. Employees believe they can hide behind the union till the union says they are screwed and did it to themselves. The union has only gotten worse over the years. The union cares about collecting dues from as many people as possible. No real reps from main office to support union employees. Then the never ending race war is also another fun part of Kaisers culture. Change is a bad word at Kaiser, everyone hates change but then complain when current practice isn't working. No advancement.
want to change. Old employees tell you to stand up and fight and argue with your manager because they are not in charge the union is "OK".
Pros
Pay, benefits, retirment "I did", some really good Surgens, Doctors, and Nurses
Cons
50% of the people that work there don't care about health care or Kaiser
Great place to work for
Project Manager / Sr. BSA (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 1, 2018
Kaiser is an amazing company, full of very smart people. If I get the opportunity to work for them in the future, iI would do it again. They care about you, take the time to help you to grow and have great benefits!
Productive and fun place to work
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 31, 2018
Kaiser is a productive and fun place to work. Kaiser offers an extremely generous benefit and retirement package which makes it a very desirable company to work for.
Good place to work.
Proposal Development Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 30, 2018
Kaiser Permanente is a good place to work because they are very inclusive when hiring, so there is a very diverse group of people working there. The company promotes diversity and acceptance.

Want to know more about Kaiser Permanente?

Ask a question
It was fun working with the people, and I w as able to attend the university while working
Associate Social Worker Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland CAOctober 29, 2018
Running groups, sessions with individuals, and families, and staffing clients at daily meeetings
The departmenr staff was very diverse. The most enjoable aspect of the postion was helping clients and the hardest was not always having access to the type of resourses that clients actually needed.
Pros
The holliday activities were very festive
Cons
none to think of
Its ok
CLERK IV (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 29, 2018
Kaiser Is Great When It Comes To Competitive Pay In The Bay Area. However When It Comes To Management Its Relative To The Individual. I Personally Have A Well Balanced Relationship With Both Of My Direct Supervisors. However Because Of The Environment I Work In There Are Several Managers Over One Department, I Have Had Several Unpleasant Experiences.I Do Appreciate The Flexibility Within The Department.
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 24, 2018
Kaiser encourages employees to advance their careers. They offer education hours and tuition reimbursement. Management is eager to see you succeed and is supportive when it comes to education.
Great place to work but some managers are evil
Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 17, 2018
Aside form some poor managers here and there, Kaiser is a fantastic place to work. They offer great benefits. They do need to come up a bit more and be more competitive with salary. There are many opportunities for advancement
Great Place to Work
OIS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 16, 2018
I enjoy working for Kaiser. I've worked here for 18 1/2 years and looking forward to many more. I work in a stress free department and I have the best co-worker and boss.
Excellent expetience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 16, 2018
Kaiser taught me how to be an or nurse. I loved this company and it’s atmosphere. I consider myself a kaiser nurse first. Legacy second. I miss the system and am working to return to it as soon as possible.
Pros
Many. Great benefits
Cons
Can Be pigeonholed
work above my duty to help serve out patient better
Sterile Processing Technician III (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 13, 2018
I served Kaiser for over 35 years plus because I enjoyed my job and learning and developing my skills I advance in my skills my getting certify as a Sterile Processing technician and advance to Lead Technician, over 20 years of service. 2 - years of supervisor in the Surgery Department do scheduling and staffing the department.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
training programs
This company is a excellent place to work meeting multiple client from all walk of life.
Senior Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  3701 Broadway, Oakland CA 94611October 7, 2018
For me I focused on one this that I am hired eight hours per day and I give it my all to do what I have to do to the best of my ability. My lunch time is the time I used for fun. I have learned so much and to make sure that I know the patients hippa rights.
Pros
Yes sometimes we do get free lunchesm or flowers.
it was good for the time i worked there
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 7, 2018
In that time that I worked with Kaiser they went through lots of changes at the mgmt. level, it went from being a fast paced job to being a fast paced high pressured job, which made it stressful and unbearable.
Pros
stable employment
Cons
unecessary stress
Good compensation
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 3, 2018
Great benefits and good compensation. I enjoy working at Kaiser Permanente, some are better than others and the rules and culture seem to differ between each facility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

91%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss