Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews in Oakland, CA

I worked as IT technician
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 7, 2017
I worked as a contractor for 11 months. I travelled through Northern California, where is the Kaiser hospital located. I worked a graveyard shift. It is a fun work place.
Very stressful at time
Associated Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 1, 2017
Customer service and fixing invoices and answering the phone and answering emails and doing projects for my manager, assisting my co-workers, and vendor reconciliation
Don't even waste your time
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 29, 2017
Good safe port in the storm but not a career. Tough to have faith in the low integrity management. No significant advancement possible since all management hire friends and family into leadership positions
Your experience depends on where you work
Senior Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 27, 2017
Kaiser Permanente is a HUGE company and my experience, though common, may differ from other people. If you get hired into a good group, then you will experience this as a best place to work. But some departments are really cut-throat and ruthless. Managers are vindictive, petty, and clique-ish. Some use their role as esteem boosters and use their role to make some people's life miserable.
Great Place
Auditing Coding Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 22, 2017
Kaiser Permanente is an awesome place to work. It is a great place to work and I would recommend this organization to everyone who ask. Great benefits, salary, and balance of life culture.
Micromanaging to the extreme
FRONT END ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 20, 2017
Working here has had its ups and downs. At first, employees were promised a set of things they would be offered upon joining Kaiser but it was never delivered. MicroManaging occurs here. Managers are ill-trained.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Micromanaging
Absolutely wonderful
Sr. Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 19, 2017
Working for the Kaiser Permanent organization is highly recommended. The organization has a variety of lateral growth opportunities and can be a career.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Preferred an hour lunch
Great work-life balance
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 13, 2017
Very stable place to work. Well organized system that pays employees well. I actually get time to take a real lunch and sometimes get a workout in. Once I got the hang of things, would rarely stay late to chart. I get the support I need in clinic and get to leave at the appointed time and enjoy my home life as well.
I loved my supervisor
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 9, 2017
It was a temporary position, but I was treated very well by my supervisor. Employees seemed happy & relaxed. Beautiful setting by the Lake Merritt, for lunchtime walk.
Credentials Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 2, 2017
Many employees have worked there for more than ten years. It is a fast paced environment. Very strict on attendance policies. Good benefits for full time employees.

Management like to hire their friends for positions rather than hire more experienced candidates.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Cons
Low department morale, hostile environment
Business Analyst and Quality Assurance Analyst
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 2, 2017
Participated in the Claims Department. Managers are more concerned about bonuses. Although I was a contractor felt that they were not very loyal to good hardworking contractor. I was not allowed to charge for overtime but, to complete assignments overtime was required.
Pros
Employess are dedicated
Cons
Managers are not qualified
Kaiser
Executive Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 30, 2017
Kaiser is a great place to work at; conferences held every year are very informative; you are always learning something new everyday. CEO is such a great person, he is funny and cares about people.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
no parking
N/a
Project Coordinator /Medical Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 30, 2017
i learned alot at this company. really diverse and pay is great. management is ok. Job work place was always improving. new eco desk stations all around the hospitals.
Worst employer in the Bay Area
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 30, 2017
Managers are out of tune with reality they are unable to a simple write job description. All interviews begin with "we just use the boilerplate job description posted by Human Resources, the REAL job is ..."
Kaiser is a place where you will and feel that home. Great place to work
Patient Care Technician (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 27, 2017
Great place to work, great co-workers. I love my job love taking care of my patient .
Every one there are so helpful. Great team work. Peace of mind.
Fun place to work at with good people!
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 19, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was all my coworkers were not afraid to be themselves, which made the work environment very fun and exciting. I learned a lot from each of my coworkers whether it be respiratory or life advice! I made a lot of very good life long friends there!
great place to work
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 16, 2017
Everyone loved working there.Management made sure customer satisfaction was 100%. The set up made providing patient care more streamlined. I really enjoyed the music that played overhead when it was time to turn the patients.
Be well and Thrive
PBX Operator, Operator Services (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 14, 2017
Fast Pace and Busy
I have over 15 years of basic clerical skills, data-entry, staffing, Safety Procedures, from a multi-consult phone line, in medical setting. Numeric paging, Internal and External Calls. Physician reports, paging, and input. Amcom Systems. I love to meet deadlines. We have a very diversed department, and believe in teamwork, good quality care, and good health. Great customer service skills, team work, effecient work ethics, works well with others not to mention with very little supervision. I love seeing patients smile and heal.
Pros
Allows employees to explore many options, ie: education, credit unions, discounts, values self esteem.
Cons
Working in a place of sickness, death, and low spirits. It can be mentally draining when a patient dies.
Diverse workplace nice
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 10, 2017
Kaiser is a good company to work for. Very diverse environment. Very stable employment. Very organized and they provide the correct tools for you to do your job. Great working hours and very flexible for people with children.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Mediocre management
Job was rewarding
Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 4, 2017
The Job was difficult at times, but extremely rewarding in that you actually helped MDs and made a difference for them and their departments.

The position provided and in-depth overview of how hospitals work with an insiders vantage point.

How often can you go into a department and analyze their operations and provide inputs & solutions that are implemented close to real-time that pleases or at least appeases both parties?... a rarity indeed

Much insights and expertise into operational efficiencies of the departments were lost because some of the managers were too narrow sighted to move forward and/or too involved with politics and people were let go.

It would have been a great first job for me had the technology existed back in the day. I would be working today as an MD in the medical profession instead. In fact, some of my younger colleagues ended up going to Medical School / Nursing School because of working at Kaiser.
Pros
the job helped people and you felt you made a difference
Cons
some managers were challenging to work for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2