Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews in Pasadena, CA

54K
42.2K
31.1K
Found 230 reviews matching the search See all 7,810 reviews
A good company to work for.
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CaJuly 30, 2018
My role consisted of paying invoices and processing check requests. I had to verify the purchase price was consistent with the purchase order to process the payment.
Pros
Great medical benefits
Cons
Pressure to meet quotas
Would recommend
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 21, 2018
I interned here when i graduated high school was the best decisions i could ever make for my self the people were great and were helpful if you had any question. They also provided a class on Fridays for the interns to help with public speaking and it was amazing i would recommend Kaiser to anyone.
Pros
very helpful
Summary
Solution Consulting Lead - Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 18, 2018
Good place to work. Not very much advancement opportunities. Looking for more advancement opportunities. also looking for more training opportunities.
Great benefits...no opportunity for growth
ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 27, 2018
Wonderful benefits package, but difficult to move to other departments or within your department, despite deserving a promotion or having the skill set to advance. There is virtually no advantage of working for the company when trying to transfer. In many instances, hiring managers will call you in for an interview, only for you to find out later, the position was a job promotion for someone within that department, and you never had a chance of getting the job. This happens with about 75% of the jobs that are posted. A huge waste of time!
Fast paced
Accounts Reconciliation Processor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 17, 2018
Excellent place to work, challenging. Training is excellent and theres opportunity to advance. They care about employees making healthy choices. Classes are provided for those who are interested.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
N/a
Working at KP
Assistant Manager, Regional Offices Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 15, 2018
Working at KP is just like any other jobs with its pluses and minuses. The main thing to consider is the benefits that Kaiser has for its employees. They are tough to beat.
I wish I could work there again.
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 22, 2018
For me, KP was a great place to work. They rewarded hard work and results. Over the course of 14 years, I moved up from Toolcrib Attendant (in reality, Data-Entry Clerk) through Administrative Assistant & Department Head (Computer Use & Development) at KP’s Sunset (Los Angeles) facility to IT R&D at the SoCal corporate offices in Pasadena. If they called me today and offered me a job, I would happily take it!!
Pros
good benefits; excellent oportunities for advancement; supportive managers
Cons
As a very large corporation, most issues at KP are highly political, and negotiating the political maze can be difficult & confusing.
Kaiser
Solution Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 20, 2018
Great company, great benefits, IT department is unstructured and mostly contractors. The rest of the hospital is well run and most job's are union so good benefits and pay scale through the union.
Encourage furthering education
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 10, 2018
Management is supportive of furthering education, and provide education reimbursement. Employees are acknowledged and celebrated for accomplishment achieved for either personal or business related milestones and achievements.
Good culture
Sr Finance Manager (Risk Adjustment Consulting) (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 2, 2018
The culture allows you to explore other areas of interest and work is project based and operation based. They encourage work life balance and many people are able to telecommute and balance going into the office.
Health Plan
Administrative Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 28, 2018
This group is very encouraging in the areas of education and growth. I learned a lot more when I was not in the IT department. When the focus is on the patients, the value increases. When the focus is on saving money there is something lost in the value I bring to work.
Pros
Ability for work-life balance
Cons
Great group in the whole
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 28, 2018
There are several managers at Kaiser who are supportive and encouraging and want to increase advancement for their employees, Education is expected to be obtained by the employee and leadership could be more supportive for learning new things.I learned to be more self-sufficient and problem-solve on my own, because sometimes the leaders have so many meetings they do not have time to prune their employees into better workers.
Pros
Benefits are great and many work well as a team.
Cons
There could be stronger support for educating the employees, There could be stronger encouragement of teams to work better together.
love the job
Patient Billing Resolution Rep (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 23, 2018
love the job hate the fact that i am on call since i am only getting 16 hrs a week, not enough to live on. love the job and those i work with just need more hours.
Kaiser is Employee Friendly
Administrative Specialist - Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 17, 2018
Kaiser is the most employee friendly place to work according to myself and any other employees at the company. People coming from other companies rate Kaiser Permanente better than their former companies in terms of overall health of workplace.
Pros
benefits, unlimited paid vacation time
Cons
old office decor, lots of bureaucracy
Excellent Employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 9, 2018
Friendly and professional work environment. Excellent computers. Information readily available. Employees helpful and encouraging. Clean work environm
Pros
A few free lunches.
Rewarding job with team work
Project Capital Buyer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 22, 2018
A typical work day include completing all procurement requests in a timely manner. Management allowed the buyer control over their own work area and commodity and you must multitask daily. The hardest part of the job was covering other team areas when short staff and still meet all deadlines.
Pros
Good benefits and starting point for new employees
Cons
Too many meetings
Accounts Payable Operation Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 18, 2018
The culture at Kaiser Permanente has been out standing with event for all of Kaiser to your individual party you have in the department you work. One of the best place to work for.
Cons
Good introduction to healthcare industry
Web Content Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 8, 2018
The workday is 9-5, there are many meetings before a project can get started but it is a good place to learn about the healthcare industry and how the web practices they use affect their consumers.
Many contractors here so definitely a learning experience and not a career path if you are in Marketing/IT.
Pros
Remote jobs, flexible schedule, nice employee appreciation gifts (mug, wireless speakers, starbucks)
Cons
contract jobs, no raises or career paths
Great Organization
Senior Program Advisor (Solution Architect) (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 6, 2018
A lot of wasted resources on outsourcing. Significant reword for the same old requirement. Organization is unable to execute on top management vision as mid-level management is too secure in the way things are running.
Pros
Very stable and flexible.
Cons
Mid-Level management entrenched in status quo
Kaiser Permanente was amazing
Project Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Loved every second interning at Kaiser Permanente. The individuals in my department as well were not only welcoming, but they felt like family. The work environment was professional and the individuals I worked always made work more enjoyable. Although there were some office politics with one individual on the floor I worked on, every other person I met was professional and made the entire experience unreal. If I could go back and intern again I would, but instead will continue working my way towards a career that may lead me back to KP one day!
Pros
Great Work Environment, Room to grow, Lots of Opportunities for growth, Nothing really bad with my experience.
Cons
Low Paying Internship

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

75out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kaiser Permanente.

Powered by Comparably