Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews in San Diego, CA

54K
42.2K
31.1K
Found 276 reviews matching the search See all 7,818 reviews
Dont expect to be anything but a bedside nurse
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2018
Difficult- if almost impossible to cross train to other areas. Almost impossible to transfer to another hospital or region. Once you start you are stuck- we call it the golden handcuffs. The pay and benefits are so great, but you cannot every grow yourself or promote yourself.
Pros
pay benefits
Cons
lack of growth, transfer opportunities
Loved Kaiser
Manager Reception Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2018
I have absolutely Nothing to complain about
Best years of my life
Best managers
Best staff
Loved the whole idea of preventative medicine to care for our patients
Great place to work in
Report Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2018
One of the best companies that I ever worked with. It is an added value to my resume. I learnt a lot about the health care industry. It has a great stability as well.
Pros
Good management team and good work conditions
Cons
the salary is very low :((
Physician Assistant
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2018
•Practice in a high volume outpatient setting
•Perform patient history, physical exams, order and analyze labs, and prescribe medications
•Diagnose, treat and manage depression, anxiety disorders, insomnia, cardiac and respiratory conditions, diabetes mellitus type II, hypertension, hyperlipidemia
Externship
Annual Externship (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2018
A typical day as an extern would be learning and developing objectives to the specialty position that is being shadowed. Once the objective and educational evaluation is mastered, the RT extern is to perform the RT skills required for that particular position.

There wasa total of four particular positions evaluated and performed every 8 weeks: COPD case management, PFT, Bronchoscopy, and Sleep clinic.
great team
LVN II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2018
urgent care la mesa is a great team to work for at kaiser permenente. work and life balance is geat here and being able to return to school. education is highly encouraged
Pros
work 3-4 days
Cons
short breaks
Contract employee
Administrative Account Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2018
I worked here as a contract employee. I wish I was an actual employee because the team I was and the people there were awesome. Everyone had a good relationship with each other and I couldn't go a day without laughing a few times. Nothing but smiles, good times, and a great team
fun workplace with a great staff.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2018
What I learned is what it takes to sell great automobiles, and go the extra mile for my customers, great work environment. the most enjoyable part of the job is great food for Lunch every Saturday Afternoon.
Pros
Free Lunches Every Saturday
Cons
Brutal Hours every Saturday
By far-the best company I've worked for
Emergency Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2018
Very collaborative and efficient culture. People are happy and help others to succeed. Management does a great job training and helping employees. Great place to work
Fun workplace
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2018
The company and the culture here is great. Even on our busiest days I still left smiling and anting to come back another day. The only downfall about the positon was that it was temporary
Fun, experience where i get experience an aspect of a health care career.
Volunteer Guest Guide (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2018
The care for Kaiser employees is much shown and makes working for them very comfortable. They do have strict guidelines to follow for employee and patient safety but other than those guidelines, working at Kaiser is very relaxed.
great place to be employed.
SURGERY SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2018
I am very happy and blessed to work here. the best decision I have ever made, to start applying at kaiser daily for a month. I made a goal to place 5 applications daily in my field of employment and than a month later I got a call. best day of my life!!
Pros
great pay, benefits, bonuses, great raise
Cons
I don't really have a con
PositiveFast paced environment.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2018
A typical day consisted of filing, pulling and assembling patient charts to have available for the staff to review. Pulling add-on and emergency appointment files.
Pros
Awesome health care benefits
Cons
Lots of reconstructing of environments.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2018
Kaiser is a good place to work, in a typical working day you will be very busy but that is nothing new in nursing. I learned how to get along with coworkers from different nationalities, also learned how to time manage in order to finish your work by the end of the shift.
Pros
Good benefits, good coworkers.
excellent workplace
MEDICAL ASSISTANT II NURSEFINDERS (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 5, 2018
Every aspect in the work environment was a pleasurable day. The hardest part of the day was knowing that you wish you had more time to be productive for the following day.
Pros
Caring and respectful co workers
Cons
not enough room in the refridgerator
Very slow paced job but great experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2018
Volunteering at Kaiser was a very interesting experience. All of the people there were fairly nice, though there was some friction between the nurses and the doctors there, aside from that a great place to volunteer if you need the hours.
Front Desk/Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 27, 2018
Great place to work. Good benefits. Good pay. options to move about to different locations within company when openings become available. To work there you must join their union.
Excellent Preventive Approach to Healthcare
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 26, 2018
Kaiser Permanente's preventive and proactive approach towards overall health of their members help promote a positive image of the company. Our motto of "Live Well and Thrive" is very appropriate!
great team work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92123May 13, 2018
clock in ,get report from patients , help patients with ADL's , at 8am and at 12 pm take vitals, assist lift team repositioning patients transfer patient to gurneys if they go down for procedures,assisting RN with admitting and discharging patients, at the end of the shift give report to upcoming shift.
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
Great lunch rooms and office building.
Senior Account Administrative Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 3, 2018
Great place to work because of the people. Provided great benefits to its employees and vacation time. Would work here again if given the chance. Provides great training so you can learn and do your job at its fullest.
Pros
Benefits, vacation and pay rate.
Cons
Management, union reps

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight