Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews in San Diego, CA

Great people work here but many departments are understaffed.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 24, 2017
There is a need for better management. Valuing your employees is critical to the department working successfully. Many employees are overworked & stretches too thin.
Benefits
Cons
No time for breaks
can learn lots of things
RN refresher student (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2017
learned lots of things about clinical nursing
the environment is not safe, everyone can enter the facility without asking for reasons.
visitors should be asked for visiting purpose in the front desk
Great benefits and good pay
Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
Competitive pay and good benefits. Everyone are employees in Kaiser so mainly treatment is the same for all employees. The hardest part of the job is at times it's hard to request for off as seniority is the priority on granting off.
Pros
paid vacation and life balance
Cons
hard to request for days off
Productive and Great Workplace
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 11, 2017
Kaiser is great! Lots of oppurtunity and room for advancement. Career advancement A++ but you'll have to strike while the iron is hot, almost all internal canidates are looking to advance.
Pros
Great Staff!
Cons
No complaints!
Best Place to work
Lab Asst II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 11, 2017
Working for Kaiser was the best experience ever. When working for this organization you are part of a great team. Growth and opportunity are achievable.
Technologically advanced and pristine healthcare setting but not well managed
RN (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 6, 2017
One of the most technologically advanced hospitals I have seen/worked at. Aesthetic to the eye but there are major flaws as in poor management and all temp staff so it is a very disorganized institution.
Kaiser
Zion Medical Center Student Extern-Med-surg (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2017
This hospital showed great patient care, the managers worked well with the staff, and the staff worked well with one another. They also pay well compared to other hospitals in the area.
Good promotion of health
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2017
Many employees have worked there for more than 10 years. Good team environment. Helpful managers. Very strict on attendance policies. Good benefits for full time employees.
Diverse Enviroment
Account Administrative Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2017
With a diverse environment the level of diversity is also demonstrated in the leadership and management that makes it comfortable and ideal. Flexible management with likeminded individuals makes possible for all achievements.
24/7 job
Process Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2017
Working at Kaiser meant that I was available any day any time to respond to emails and texts. At times direction was given by as many as 4 different leaders and direction conflicted with each other.
Pros
Met some brilliant people
Cons
Talent not utilized appropriately
Good Research and MDs
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2017
Good Hospital, Good KP Foundation,good coworkers. Fun to have challenging projects. constant change of leadership can be stressful. Need to maintain leaders for employee engagement and development.
Worked as a temp through the company
Account Administrative Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2017
I worked on an assignment at Kaiser Permanente for one year and never had any issues with Apex. I was offered a full time position but declined. I was not interested in working for Kaiser at the moment.
Good Company, good managers
Senior Business Analyst, (KForce Consultant) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2017
Excellent work environment. Interesting work. Big company with expansive growth, so there are some growing pains. Some lack of experience by younger managers. I found I had to check the work of people because could not rely on being told the truth about the work being done. I needed to verify everything. Top management does put a lot of stress on managers.
Pros
big company benefits
Cons
a bit disorganized, trying to coordinate with a lot of people
Excellent place to work
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2017
Due to the fact that it's been over 15 years since I worked for Kaiser Permanente, I was not sure on some of the questions that were asked. I enjoyed working there very much during the 9 years and would love to join them again, the reason I left in 2002 was to become a stay at home mom and raise my 3 children, a decision I don't regret doing, however my kids are now older and I now feel that I can be at work without having to sacrifice any family time. I'm now ready to join the workforce at Kaiser Permanente and looking forward to any opportunity.
Good Benefits
TEAM MANAGER/ OPERATIONS FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working for a company that took care of the employees and providing great benefits and training. I was able to grow on the management team and enjoyed working with others as well as developing my staff. I worked on many projects to transition Kaiser's northern and southern membership accounting divisions into one combined location here in San Diego. It was invaluable experience trouble shooting, implementing and creating new policies and procedures, and facilitating a positive transition for staff.
benefits
Great work/life balance
Business Process Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2017
Many work from home opportunities as an individual contributor. Excellent medical benefits and paid time off! New leaders can be unpredictable and sometimes can be tricky making changes to work with union represented staff.
Rewarding job function
Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2017
Kaiser is structured on how they conduct business. Overall I feel that management there are willing to work with you even as a temp employee. Kaiser is a hard environment to become permanent at though.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
hard to become permanent
Great place to work!
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2017
I love working for this company. Managment is great, coworkers are great! I couldn't imagine working for anyone else. This company really helps you grow.
Kaiser
OHS CLAIMS PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2017
Kaiser as an entire company is great to work. Some departments are great, as are some managers.

Know you will be expected to work and not play around.
Good growth
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2017
Wonderful opportunities and teams. Plenty of growth within many areas and buildings. Very proud health conscious. Emails from executive leadership are frequent, informative as are the town hall meeting. They keep people in the loop.
Pros
Appreciation and recognitions
Cons
Process changes sometimes can be frequent and a working in progress, Those with change aversion may be impacted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2